Chapter 10: Secrets and Lies
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Sleep, yes. That is where you should be...” His master repeated. “A vampire shall need his rest at least every hundred years. Either by force or by the vampire’s will, he is required to take his slumber.”

Judas never heard of this before. He wondered what other rules, as they were, he didn’t know about. Were there really regulations to being a vampire?

At that moment, Lucious came back from his dreary state. “If I’ve awakened, then surely, he has, too. It was Raphael who did this to us.”

“Damn that Raphael.” Dregan stepped away from Lucious. “He knows the procedures. Sleepers should be at rest here, not left to their own in some unknown place. I wondered why I didn’t sense your presence when nearby your grave. Where did you wake up?”

Lucious narrowed his brow. “Miles from here, on a sandy beach nearby the river. But I searched the area with Angel’s help.” He motioned to the human sitting next to Judas. “There was nothing.”

“And so, your partner awakened before you.”

“Damn it! It’s all impossible!”

But nothing was impossible, Judas knew Lucious was just grasping for straws. This vampire—no, vampyre was he?—could be ancient just as Cal and Dregan if it weren’t for one thing. Lucious seemed constantly lost in the world, unlike any other vampire he’d ever met. Did Lucious see things so brightly as he did? Wasn’t the world wonderful to him or...?

“We must find him. Or Raphael! Surely he would know where Mikael—“

Dregan’s eyes widened. “My brother is on official business in Tinsdale. He should be back in a decade or two if you wish to wait.”

Lucious’ fists slammed down. “Now what? I must find him.”

“And we will,” Dregan said, cupping Lucious’ shoulders tightly. “Do not worry. I’ll send my men to find him. You, well now you are awake, you should learn the new ways—“

“I haven’t time.”

“Shh.” Dregan lifted his forefinger to Lucious’ lips. “Do not fret. Believe me, you have nothing to worry about. This is a different world than you once knew and I must teach you these things. Now...” Dregan waved his fingers across Lucious’ eyes.

“You must learn the ways of the new order.”

“Sir!” Judas stood immediately. “Shouldn’t you be careful of your powers?”

His master raised a brow. “You’re correct, but this shouldn’t be too difficult for me. Judas, return this human to his home and come back immediately. Do not dawdle while you are away!” Dregan stepped toward the human, who sat quietly like he didn’t want to be noticed.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to eat him, instead?” Judas chuckled. Now he was beginning to sound like Demetrius, but that would be the easiest way to prevent this human from blabbering his big mouth to all his friends.

The human gasped. “You dare to—“

“Not necessary,” his master said, stopping in front of the human. “He’ll remember nothing.”

“I’ll remember everything!” The human barked.

Dregan waved his hand in the same manner as he did with Lucious, putting the human straight to sleep in his chair. “Now, Judas, return back here immediately after taking him home. If I even smell a scent of blood on your lips, I’ll be sure to reprimand you well.”

Judas snorted his disapproval, but stood and picked the human up, flinging him across his shoulder. “Very well, master.” As he began to leave, he couldn’t help but wonder... there had to be much more to being a vampire than just this. All those rules, or laws, or regulations, or what have you—why weren’t he told of them?

What happened in the past to make the present so... boring?

0