Chapter 11: Never Make A Sound
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The deed was done. Judas arrived at the human’s home in Central City shortly before the human could wake. As he couldn’t enter the house, he set the human carefully upon the bench inside the gazebo and left quickly.

Back to familiar territory, he couldn’t help but wonder about everything he’d learned tonight. There was much more to this vampire life he knew—mystery and drama and death and all sorts of strange things. Rules he was never told. People he’d never met.

He quietly walked as he thought of all of this. A vampire must sleep every one hundred years... A new order... Order of, what? He had to find out. Had to know what he was missing.

Just then, footsteps from behind stopped him mid-step.

“You’re back?” Cal said, suspiciously. “I heard you were appointed by Dregan to take a human home. Why didn’t you just kill him?”

“How do you know that I didn’t?” Judas shrugged.

“You wouldn’t go against Dregan like that.” Cal stepped closer. “I know you wouldn’t. Too much loyalty.”

Did Judas really show that much loyalty in all these years? Really, all he did was play up until now. He never really wondered about his existence.

“Then, you know I couldn’t kill the human. I was told to take him home. Nothing more.” Judas turned. “I... I do have a question, though.”

“Yes?” Cal was his maker, after all, and if anyone could explain it to Judas, it would be Cal.

Judas thought of the most important thing he really wanted to know. “V-vampires need to sleep every hundred years?” Wait! That wasn’t all he wondered about!

Cal smiled. “To replenish ourselves, yes. We’ll sleep as long as we need. Some sleep ten years. Others sleep for fifty.”

Judas nodded. “Okay. Another question, then.”

“Why question everything?” Cal barked. “Just enjoy immortality as it is.”

“But I heard—“

“Pay no mind to what you heard. Dregan is an ancient. He knows a lot and must make sure the clan follows the regulations of the new order.”

The new order. Judas’ face drew hot. He was a vampire in this clan, why did no one tell him of these regulations? “And what are these rules?” He couldn’t help the anger in his tone.

“You’ve never disobeyed me, Judas.” Cal folded his arms across his chest. “So I feel there’s no reason to explain to you.”

“Perhaps you don’t even know them yourself.” Judas huffed. “Are you even worthy to be called an ancient when your time comes?”

“How dare you speak to me in that tone!” Cal rushed forward, his large hand wrapping around Judas’ neck. With the next blink, Judas found himself choking under Cal’s strength. “You have no right to question me so fiercely. You are mine, understand?”

“B-b-but shouldn’t I know...” Judas coughed up a breath. “If it’s im-important.”

“There’s no need for you to know.” Cal released his grip, letting Judas fall to the ground. “No. There’s nothing for you to know. It’s all in the ancient’s hands, not ours. It’s their business.”

Judas swallowed the pain in his throat way, suddenly feeling too weak to fight anymore.

“So be a good boy and just enjoy this lifetime.” Cal raised a brow. “Meddle anymore, and you may find yourself dead next time.”

“Y-yes sir,” Judas whispered.

“Excuse me? You’re calling me sir, now?” Cal chuckled. “Hmm, I like that. I like it a lot. You know Judas, I should have just done this in the beginning. I thought you’d be fine enjoying the nightlife, but it seems I was wrong. For now on, you’re my subordinate. No one else’s.”

Judas glanced up at him.

“Yeah, don’t think I don’t know about it. You’re a little bitch around here. Demetrius, Tripp, Kazz, they all enjoy your company too much, huh? Or is it that you benefit from them...”

0