Chapter 14: Messages from the ever after
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The books. So many books presented to Judas when he stepped into Cal’s house that first night they met. But he wasn’t much a reader and had no need to check them out. Not until he was a vampire, bored, and required a little bit of knowledge.

There was one book in particular that he remembered so well. The coordinates to a house... A dead woman’s long-torn down house.

“So you bring me to an empty field?” Angel sighed as he walked across the grass.

“It’s not truly empty. Can’t you sense them?” Judas called out. “There should be spirits everywhere.”

Angel stopped and turned toward him. “Yep. I can sense them. You sure do know a lot about me.”

“Can you tell if they’re man or woman?”

“Tell me why you want to know, first.”

Judas exhaled a pent-up breath. This fact could make the man run away, but it had to be done. “This is where they tore down a mansion. I just want to find where the occupant is buried.”

“And who was he?”

Judas sped toward Angel, catching up to him near the trees. “She was an old vampyre named Serena.”

“There you go again with this vampire bullshit,” Angel barked. “I’ll have you know, I’m not all into this supernatural crap!”

“Chill the fuck out,” Judas said as Angel took a breath.

“No! I can’t believe any of this. You... you drag me out here in the middle of nowhere to find a vampire— “

“We’re not searching for a vampire.” Judas corrected. “We’re finding her secrets. Under the ground is millions of dollars worth of property they just bulldozed under eight years ago. Sure, some of it was probably taken to Dregan’s and Raphael’s, but I’m betting there’s a lot left including her grave.”

Angel narrowed his brow. “Who’s Dregan?”

“Never mind, that. Let’s just start looking for the gravesite.”

“No!” Angel stepped away. “I’m done with this shit. First Lucious and now you! I can’t believe I was even interested in it at all. I—“

“Wait!” Judas stopped him. “Repeat that... about Lucious.”

Angel’s eyes widened. “I... I... I remember. Lucious was a vampire, wasn’t he?”

“Vampyre. An ancient. He seduced you into helping him, I’m sure of it.”

“And you?”

Judas pursed his lips. He tried using seduction, but it didn’t really work too well. Hey, but at least this man’s memory was back. Perhaps he could help now.

“Never mind all of that! Let’s just get to work.

“How many times must I say no!?” Angel crossed his arms, unyielding.

Judas grew sick of hearing it over and over. If this human was going to be so damn stubborn, he’d just have to try to use seduction again. Or... maybe he was just better as food.

He thrust out his arm, grabbing Angel by the neck. Angel kicked and squirmed, lips agape and breath heavy. “Stupid human, you are. Refusing a vampire will get you killed.” Judas drew in his heavy musk, the outdoors, the sweat, the fear, everything the man endured the last few days.

He lowered his teeth to the human’s sticky neck and imagined the blood flowing perfectly onto his tongue. That sweet aroma, that bitter metallic taste, that... disgusting tang of depression.

Judas despised the taste of sadness between his lips. He moved away quickly lest he truly draw Angel’s blood. Matter of fact, this man was a psychic—a forbidden pleasure to take the life of.

Angel fell to his knees, feeling his neck, expecting to be bitten.

“Stay there. I’ll find her grave myself,” Judas huffed as he stepped away.

His blood boiled, making him gag... damn, this hunger of his. Now he needed to find nourishment. But he needed to find something here. This was his only option.

“It’s behind me. About... ten steps,” Angel whispered.

“Excuse me?” Judas stopped dead in his tracks.

Angel raised his head. “The spirit screams at her gravesite. It’s too loud for me to even go near.”

0