open eyes, open mind
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(" means someone is talking.    'means a train of thought.    * means a sound not understood.  )

The wife screamed giving one final push. The broken down room had small cracks in the wooden walls. The bed was covered in blood and now. A small cut end of an umbilical cord

"Well done Ari! It's a boy!" The woman who seemed to be a doctor of some sort was holding a small child in her hands.

Ari was exhausted and was panting hard. Her light brown hair was plastered everywhere on her face. But seeing the boy in the lady's hands, broke into exasperated laughter and reached for the baby.

"Hey there little guy, aren't you just a ball of brightness" ari smiled at the boy who was smiling.

"Miss, what is the name of the boy?" A scrawny tall guy with glasses sat on the sofa across the room, his long white coat dropped of the sides As he picked up some papers.

"Akio, his name will be Akio" the lady said smiling. Confirming what she said.

—————————Name processing————————

Akio froze when he saw the message. Scared at the sudden appearance of the system. The baby started to cry. As any newborn would.

————————-Name processed—————————

.

.

—————system access has been granted——————

Ari wasn't surprised at the screaming toddler, as all babies cry. But he was calm just a second ago and it worried her

"Is the baby ok? Is he hurt?" She panicked and looked at the woman who helped her deliver the child.

"No the child is perfectly fine, otherwise the spell would've transferred to him"  the lady assured her.

"Thank the moons"

—————-conscious transfer completed———————

Akio felt himself becoming a lot more calm and he was now able to process what is happening.

"aaaAA?" Akio tried to talk but seems like he couldn't.

Akio seems to have been granted only awareness and a small understanding of what is happening. But he still has to learn everything like a normal child.

'Open system?' Akio stared intently at the ceiling in front of him

———————————-menu————————————

Name:Akio sano

Race:human

Titles:

Points:100

Open stats

——————————————————————————

'Points? I expected the stats but what are points?' Akio pondered looking up at the blue screen placed in front of him

Akio was too spaced out to notice the conversation taking place in front of him. In the time he looked at his system the scrawny guy had filed his birth and left in a hurry. The woman also turned to leave but jumped as a tall man burst through the door.

"Jay!" Ari had looked up at the man and started to cry.

"It's a boy!"

Akio assumed by Jay's reaction that he was his father. Jay was a tall man, with a well-built body. His job was obviously that of a labor job. But with no scars, it was hard to say he fought much.

Akio understood who were his parents as they both started to cry. He looked to the left and saw about 5 other kids peeking in the door. All ranging from 2-10 years of age.  With how far they were it was hard to see as his sight hasn't quite developed yet.

To say that Akio was pleased with this was not quite correct. Having this many siblings was bound to be a problem. But another couple old couple came by and congratulated the two on his birth. Two of the kids left with them.

'Glad I don't have that many siblings at least, too many would've been a headache.' Akio laid back and felt himself drift off to sleep.

Akio awoke inside of a small crib that was clearly handmade. He tried to sit up but couldn't quite manage to get halfway.

'Well this sucks, I can't even sit up. Let alone see more than 10 feet.' He nodded at his increase in vision range.

'Welp, open status' Akio said after remembering what he had seen earlier

————————————status———————————-

Name:Akio sano

age: 2 days Level:1

Str:1

Dex:1

Int:5

Wis:1

Mana: 10/10

Skills: [appraisal], [passive: blessing of verglas]

——————————————————————————

Akio looked at the blue screen in confusion.

'How do I have appraisal already and why do I already have a blessing from verglas?'

Akio laid there for a while trying to find out why he has these two skills. But was left with nothing, so he moved on to try and sleep his way until he could walk.

Akio stirred, he was woken up to a blazing sun that plastered over his face. annoyed he rolled over too see his mother teaching a neighbors kids on how to increase their mana pool. the young girl couldn't be more than 4 years old, but magic was the base of this world from what he has seen. all medicine he was given, all wounds had seen healed and even the fireplace they had used magic to start. Akio couldn't be more interested

"start by finding your mana core, which is located right in the center of your chest. then focus all of your attention on bringing the surrounding mana and elements in the air to your core" Ari as she said this got into the lotus position and started the process

Akio couldn't be more dazzled. As she drew many small orbs, which could be seen swirling around her body and into her chest. A small blue stream was flowing in between the orbs as if to guide them. it was beautiful, Akio thought it was the most beautiful thing he had seen in this world. Aris hair was brushed gently towards her core as her long side braid was bouncing as if there was a breeze. The young girl beside her looked at her in amazement and then proceeded to try and do the same.

*CRACK*

The young girl recoiled forward and grabbed her stomach, instantly crying and gasping as if she was kicked in the stomach. Ari looked at the girl with worry, stopping her meditation and help the girl onto the nearby sofa.

"It's okay dear, you'll learn how to focus everything on your own. it's hard at your age to sit still and I realize that. but if you want to get ahead and become stronger and live a longer life you will have to learn soon" Ari said with a smile. but you could tell that she was being stern because she really cared for this girl.

Akio was a little confused at her words, but listened for more information. but Ari said that it was not smart to continue the girls training. so Ari brought her back home.

'live longer? does leveling up give you a longer life? I've noticed that mother sometimes has a green light too her. if you could live longer how long is that? Akio decided you use appraisal on Ari before she left.

——————————Status—————————————

Name: Ari Sano

Age:192  (physical age:28)

level:59

str:48

dex:102

int:228

wis:32050

mana: ????/150

——————————————————————————

'192!? i came out of a 192 year old?' Akio was surprised, impressed, and disgusted all at once. but Akio just came to the fact that this may be normal in this world. another thing he noticed was how he couldn't see her mana and skills.

'maybe this is put in place to not make it too easy to tell if I can win or not' Akio was a little disappointed in this fact but as he could not change it, he let it go. But remembering he only had 10 mana he frowned

Akio had decided to try and expand his mana pool as he had nothing else better to do. he shifted his boy on his back and started to try and draw in the area around him. as he did so multiple balls of all colors shone vibrantly all around the room and he tried to pull in the surrounding orbs slowly. as they enveloped into a stream of blue with little white stars. Akio noticed that his was more blue than his mothers. his mothers had a blue stream but the dots were all colors, like Christmas lights between poles. But his was different, the multiple colored orbs all turned into a light blue. The air around him became slightly colder. But, Akio ignored this and kept pushing forward. He felt his chest become tight and tried to let go before he felt a small crack form.

'Okay don't do that' Akio winced as he kept going through the tightness. His chest felt like it was being filled to the brim, but with more on its way. Akio couldn't handle it anymore and stopped his channel. He was exhausted and was excited. He had something to do after all! He wanted to look at his stats to see if it had risen at all.

————————————status———————————-

Name:Akio sano

age: 2 days Level:1

Str:1

Dex:1

Int:5

Wis:1

Mana: 11/14

Skills: [appraisal], [passive: blessing of verglas]

——————————————————————————

Akio was delighted at the rise of 4 mana. After all, it was his first try and it was something productive for him too do!

Akio was feeling rather tired but decided to push on with whatever this technique was called. At least until he could crawl

————passive unlocked: mana absorption————

0