chapter 17.
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An Cheng stood up to embrace Mei Lan. She had always pretended to be close to Mei Lan, therefor their had never been any conflict between them.

" My dear sister, it has been such a long time, our whole family have missed you, dearly." She said in a soft voice, coming closer. Suddenly, Mei Lan smiled gracefully and suddenly led Du Hais hand away from where they were standing to near the crown prince. 

By this, she was showing her support for the crown prince. Currently the government was divided into two sides ever since the emperor had fallen ill.

Support for the crown prince (Wang Rui Wei), who were the prime minister, one of the two second ranked officials, and some of the third and fourth ranked officials. 

Support for the second prince (Wang Yaling) , the emperor, Mei Lan's father, and hundred of more officials.

Although the second prince was a concubine born son, and the crown prince was born from the nation's phoenix herself, many people believed that the second prince would get the throne. Not because the second prince was better, in fact the crown prince was like a dragon among men. However, as cheesy as it may sound, imperial concubine Yu, who was Yaling's mother, had the emperor wrapped around her jade like finger.

Everyone was shocked. They had gotten used to Du Hai siding with the crown prince, because Du Hai had cut all of his ties from his family one year ago right after his mother was murdered, but Mei Lan was kicked out of the family. Everyone thought she would try to do everything to get back into the family, but apperently, she had also sided with the crown prince.

"Did you say something Cheng'er?" Mei Lan asked as she turned to look at her.

"Yes, fifth sister, your father misses you, and would very much like you to come back." An Cheng said gritting her teeth.

"Oh, well, tell him, I miss you all dearly, but brother Du Hai has taken me in and I wish to stay under his protection." Everyone was shocked, this meant that she had completely cut ties with the family and sided with the crown prince.

Finally An Cheng spoke up.

"Your mother is dead, do you think you're high up just because you have Du Hai as your Backing?" The reason An Cheng could speak like this was because her mother had become the main wife, after Du Hai's mother died.

However, Mei Lan wrinkled her brows as if talking to An Cheng made her tired and ignored her.

Du Hai saw her motion and said.

"Go back to where you are sitting you are blocking my view to the lake" making shooing motions.

"That's my Duey!" Long cheered as he came and sat next to Du Hai, so that he was sitting next both the crown prince and Du Hai.

When the crown prince saw everything was settled, he stood up to make a speech when suddenly....

0