chapter 22.
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei lan was led to the low table of food. There she sat down and was offered tea. Soon everyone sat around her.

"So my goddess, when might you be free from your brothers greedy grasps?" Anye suddenly asked.

She had no idea how to answer this questinos. Although she was once an evil queen and a cold heartless murderer, she also lived two lives and could tell right away that anye had fallen for her. This was complicated........

"um...." But before she could say anything, Du Hai slapped him once again away from the table.

Long laughed.

"OH my, you, my lady Mei Lan, you are creating a diversion between us? How will you take responsibility for that?"

Before she even had time to register what Long said she heard a loud "bang" and then a "oomph" with some other crashing noises. She looked back to see that while Long was talking to her Du Hai had attack-- no more like body slammed into Anye as both of them crashed into the other side of the room.

"Oh no, they're at it again." Mumbled cheng as he walked unwillingly towards his little brother. 

"So, how does such a beautiful and gentle young maiden full of charm and grace know how to kill and use such bad language?" asked Long as he leaned back on a cushion, slowly sipping his tea. 

"My, my, this little girl does not know what master Long is talking about, this little girl was only doing her best, although she does know some skills from living out in the mountains alone, this little girl does not know how to kill." She said solomnly,her big doe eys looking up innocently at long. Although everyone knew she was just playing around it was very hard not to believe her, escpecially when she was looking at them with such a beautiful and pitiful face. 

Mei Lan scooted closer to Long, although she was not relaxed at all, Long gave her a certain degree of calmness and made her feel more comfortable. It was probably because Long was so bold and truth all the time. It also probably helped that he had a death arua of an assassin about him. A similer aura that Mei Lan's soul emitted. 

This probably was not a very good thing, however it was better than being with the him. 

"Majesty! Majesty!" Suddenly a young voice was heard from the hallway.

"Ah, it must be the first young lady Chang, servants hurry open the door!" Exclaimed the crown prince, who had been slient the whole time. A rare happy smile bloomed on his face and Mei Lan couldn;t help but feel her heart beating. She had forgotten how contagious his happy smile was. HOwever she also felt huge amounts of pain. Clutching her heart slowly she realized just how much she was still attatched to this hateful human male. After all, they had shared a marriage together and she had carried his unborn children several times. Even if it was forced and bitter to him, to her it was a tiny drop of hope, that she could one day gain a happily ever after with him. 

Suddenly the hateful human male interupted her thoughts.

"We must go to the indoors garden, there it is like spring." He said pulling jia na by her hand which could be considered mildly innapropriate. HOwever everyone knew the crown prince's feeling and ignored it. Only Jia na red bright red as she allowed the prince to pull her hand. As everyone left, Mei Lan stared coldly at the human beings, she was remined once again of her past and the pain. She could never be someone like Jia na, she would always be a cold, ruthless and cruel person. A person who should have never been born into this world. 

"Mei Mei are you not coming?" Du Hai asked from far away.

Putting on a warm smile to hide her disgust she replied. "Brother should not tease Mei'er for having short legs, it's just unfair."

From far away she could hear anye and Du Hai's delighted laugh.  It caused her heart to warm up a little bit, but it wasn't enough to defeat the deadly cold that had already been rooted in her heart for many decades.

Feeling her beast waking up again to her pain and evil, she quickly ran out of the room, wiping her reddened eyes with her sleeves. 

0