The Rise
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rocking transport shuttle contained five people of varying moods as it made its way towards the space station where a roaring battle raged within its hollow shell. The golden dragoness known as Karen, currently being pestered for what choice of curtains to have in her new house kept glancing angry glares at her assistance, Tanith, who was a middle aged interior designer for the DA, a silver catalyst dragoness with a slight blue tint to her skin and shoulder length black hair, along with deep ocean blue eyes. Sat directly across from them on the bench opposite, sat a trio of characters. The armoured form of Karen's chosen bounty hunter, Mawn, along with her assistant, sat quietly, both dressed in their custom fitted powered assault armour. The girl herself slightly dwarfing the other people in the room with her larger size. Slightly to the left of her sat the silver form of Scyler, who was watching Karen with glee as she argued with Tanith.

"Right. So we have a crimson and cream colour decor for your 5th bedroom along with the satin sleek furniture finish... that should go well with the Agor suite in the bathroom. Good choice I must say Karen!”

You can climb out of my ass whenever you want Tanith. I don't to be complimented for picking a fucking colour.... whats next?” Karen huffed, clearly very agitated by her assistants choice of time to do the job in progress.

Picking the curtains of course!” Tanith smiled, completely unphased by Karen's obvious lack of care.

As Tanith continued to try and pry some colour choices out of her client, Scyler leaned slightly towards Mawn, smirking a little.

Enjoying the show?” He said, stifling a laugh down as Karen sighed loudly again.

Mawn remained still, seemingly ignoring the lizard next to her.

... So... i'm the only sane one on the ship then... great...” He muttered to himself, unhappy with Mawn's blatant lack of care.

Hardly. You find a very stressed middle aged dragoness trying her best to manage several tasks amusing.” Mawn responded quietly, keeping her voice low.

Oh, so you do speak then. For a second I thought you were as retarded as you look. What's with all the armour anyway? Worried the pirates may bring a gun or two?”

I'm far more worried about my sanity and sexual orientation actually. Sitting next to you is making me want to turn lesbian.”

Awh, what a loss that would be. I can hear men across the whole empire crying out in despair.” The males sarcasm was practically touchable it was so thick. “I prefer my women a little smaller than you. You know, so they actually look like women and less like walls with tits.”

Before the conversation could continue, it was interrupted by Karen slamming her hands on her knees.

LISTEN HERE YOU UPPITY FUCKING... FABRIC OBSESSED HOE! I LITERALLY COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT COLOUR THE CURTAINS ARE IN MY 7TH BEDROOM. MAKE THEM PINK OR SOMETHING! I DON'T CARE!”

... Pink wouldn't match at all... I mean you've-”

UGHH! WHY DID I HIRE YOU!?!” Karen stood abruptly from her seat and marched towards the back end of the ship, through a sliding door placed at the back of the room. The room remained silent for a few seconds until Tanith hopped up and followed her, still smiling widely, apparently she was enjoying the challenge.

A few more seconds of awkward silence hung around until Scyler decided to open his mouth again.

Well, that was certainly interesting.”

Yup. Certainly more interesting than you are. I'll be leaving now.” Mawn standing with her final words.

How ever will I cope without your witty retorts and hyper charismatic statements?”

Poorly. Hopefully to the point where you cease breathing.”

I doubt that.”

I live in hope.”

Mawn and her assistant took their leave and moved towards the cockpit of the shuttle, on the other side of the room. Scyler remaining still until she'd left. The pair of females had left their bags under the bench they were sitting and Scyler look his chance, grabbing Mawn's bag and rummaging through it until he found a small data slate, the passcode was simple enough to break and soon enough, Scyler was searching the slates files, until he stumbled upon Mawn's and Karen's contract. He quickly skimmed through the words, seeing multiple things that caught his interest until the clanking of Mawn's boots returning prompted him to shove the data slate back and quickly return the bag to its original position. The large female returned to her seat next to Scyler silently without her assistant.

Funny thing.” Scyler slyly grinned as he spoke.

Huh?”

I said funny thing. You only returning Diego back to the DA and not to Karen directly. Seems a bit... iffy.”

Sorry?”

Your contract. With Karen. Seems... poorly worded. Karen wouldn't agree to that. Has she read it?”

What contract?” Mawn asked, seeming puzzled.

You know exactly what i'm talking about. Does she know what's actually written?”

Do you?”

Yes. I can fucking read, unlike you apparently.

So you've read the contract...?” Mawn still seeming very confused.

Fucking hell... you're thick as animal shit...”

I'm not sure what you mean... you're saying you've read Karen's contract?”

Yes you fucking peasant!”

Huh... That's funny...”

Why?!” Scyler's initial glee and cockiness now replaced with frustration.

Because that I checked, the contract was held in a protected device under the DA's espionage protection law 13.5 paragraph B. Insured for... 450,000 Die's.”

Scyler's face dropped sharply and he turned to face Mawn properly.

Now then, ordinarily, it might be quite difficult to actually prosecute someone for reading the contents as they could just deny it, but my assistant Sara may have just been testing her new camera out and may have just caught a confession of someone reading the protected material directly. Which would, as i'm sure you know Scyler, be more than enough evidence to prosecute someone should I decide to take them to court. I may have done some background research on yourself before boarding this vessel with you and I have some fairly up to date financial records on you, but i'll run through them just so you can agree.” Mawn reached into the same back and took the data slate out, her armour running a scan on the slate and finding a set of finger prints that didn't match her own, causing a small warning siren to go off. The female raising an armoured hand to her helm in pretend shock.

Oh my! Someone's been accessing my slate! I wonder who it could be?” Although her grin was not viewable through her armoured visor, it was quite obvious to anyone in the room that she was grinning like a Cheshire cat. “So... 70,000 Die's in property, 20,000 in savings, 12,500 in vehiclar, 2000 in estimated cash valuables... 20 on person right now... Hmm... seems to fall slightly short of 450,000 doesn't it?” Her voice mimicking Scyler's sarcastic tone from earlier, but she turned back towards him, leaning her armoured helm close to his head, opening the front of it up, just so her glossy lips and grinning, dagger like teeth could be seen by him.

I'm going to make this as plain and clear to you as I can. I know everything about you, I know where you work, I know where you live, I know every place you've eaten dinner in the last 5 years of your life. I know about your little fuck buddy's in Sciacee, I know about that STD you caught two years ago, I know more about your genetic history than you do and what diseases you're likely to be effected by in the future.” As she spoke, she sharply poked him in the side of the head with an armoured finger, leaning in closer so she was practically breathing down his neck with her fiery breath. “There is nothing I don't know about you and what you try to do to people. If you dare even try and fuck with me or my business again, I will fuck. You. Up. I'll destroy your family name, bankrupt you and use your family heirlooms as fire tinder. If you stand in my way in my mission, i'll put you in the fucking ground along with everyone you love, have loved and will love. I already have everything I need to do so. I am giving you one chance, to shut the fuck up and be a good little lizard, before I destroy this pathetic little thing you call your life. Do? I? Make? Myself? Clear?”

Scyler remained motionless & silent, inhaling deeply and slowly nodding.

Good.” Mawn pulled back, her helm hissing loudly as it locked itself again, shutting around her mouth. “I'm going to keep that video in my archive should the need to use it arise. Unless you like the idea of losing everything you have, just keep your fucking mouth shut, stay away from me and Karen and do your damn job like you're supposed to do.”

Scyler scowled, remaining silent.

If you can't handle the players Scyler, don't play the game. Its that simple.” She smirked under her helm. It had been a long time since anyone had threatened Scyler with something other than just physical force, and he had to admit, Shaken wasn't a strong enough word to describe how he felt. The pair remained quiet as the other occupants of the shuttle returned to the room, sitting back where they were before. The shuttle wasn't far from docking at the station now and none of them had any idea what to expect, all were there for their own reasons, similar as they may be, Scyler had a feeling this wasn't going to be a good day for him.

Things had gone for bad, to worse on the ship for everyone but the Rewritten. The small surviving pockets of Silver Fish were now being routed out and either killed or corrupted. The DA had lost half of its squads in a devastating attack by the Rewritten too. Whilst Yohan's squad had fallen back to the safety of the docks, Jayce's squad had not faired well, many of them dead, the others had scattered and ran for their lives as living walls of slaves pounded dead the corridors after them.

Jayce's heart pounded in his chest as Vell followed behind him as closely as he could. The dark and battle worn interior of the station was only lit by emergency lighting, causing it to be eerie and difficult to navigate. He sprinted down another corridor, running in the opposite direction to the horrendous noises emanating from the path he'd just ran from. The hungry screeches, screams and roars of the hoard closing in on his location.

Vell only looked away for a second, glancing back down to the shaking, tilted corridor, seeing the many faces of the fallen appear at the end of it, their desperate eyes locating him and prompting their chase to begin again. Vell spun around to locate his friend but found himself alone in the corridor, with the panic setting in, he picked a direction and ran, his boots pounding against the metal following as the grating below him shook with the hordes approach. Rusty, blood stained and battle worn rooms seemed to continue on forever, the occasional slave standing in one of them idle, but joining in the chase as soon as the male rushed past. Hands grabbed at the males limbs but he kept running, as long as his legs would allow.

The larger male of the squad, Theo, was currently sprinting down a connector tunnel and sharply turned a corner into a massive communal shower and bathroom as the bunch of Nodes blocked his other exit. The few slaves shambled around the bulk of the room but focused their attention of the male straight away, lurching towards him.

Two females approached him from the front and the male snapped, his eyes focused on their bodies as his body flooded with the rush of combat. He swung a vicious hook at the one girl, cracking her across the jaw with a meaty thump and downing her instantly. The second attempted to wrestle the male, but he head butted her right in the face with his singular thick horn planted on the front on his skull, punching through one of her eye sockets cleanly. He yanked the corpse off his head and saw a number of nodes entering the room, their energy flaring and lighting up the slightly discoloured white tiling that lined every wall and floor of the room with a toxic pink hue. An array of whips were swung at him and he jumped back out the way, finding another Node attempting to tackle him off the ground, she slammed into his mid section and tried to lift him, but rather than feeling him resist, the male pulled her back with him, grabbing her around the neck and crashing them both into the wall, her face taking far more damage that his back in the process.

She collapsed to the floor and a second Node leapt over her, this feline arcing her whip around and attempting to flay the males neck with it, but he drove his heavy bionic foot straight into her stomach, causing her to keel over slightly, following it up, he uppercutted her straight in the chin and grabbed at her corset, dragging the slightly stunned girl over to the sinks on the nearby wall. He yanked on the clothing and slamming the girls head straight through one of the heavy ceramic sinks, smashing it loudly as it crumbled from the impact.

A whip fastened itself around his bionic leg and yanked it out from under him as the first Node stood to her feet and furiously grabbed the males neck, a couple more Nodes grabbing his other limbs and holding them tight. He thrashed around but found the Nodes to be stronger than they looked as well as many in number. He strained for a second and a loud pop rung out as the bionic leg popped off entirely, leaving the males slightly bloody stump where his leg was amputated above the knee, but the suddenly free limb kicked up and knocked one of the Nodes off him arm, allowing him to slug another Node across the jaw and fumble for the pistol held on her belt, whilst it was only a low tech pistol, it still packed enough punch this close to kill with a head shot. The Nodes jumped back and went for their whips again as the male shot the one trying to strangle him straight through the muzzle, the blood from the wound splattering against the tiles and the males face as she collapsed onto him.

But he rolled her off and grabbing on a sink to pull himself up, emptying the pistols magazine into a couple of the closer Nodes, not quite killing them as they hit the floor from their bleeding wounds. The feline who had her face smashed through the sink stood up, her face severely cut from the masonry shards slicing her up and turned to face Theo, grabbing at his face and attempting to dig her claws into his eyes, her fingers scratching at his gums and skin as her claws found his face, but the enraged male charged her into the same wall, crashing her body straight into a large mirror, smashing it to bits.

He leaned across and grabbed at a second sink,yanking it at strongly over and over again, ripping it further and further out of the wall as the pipes connecting it to the system desperately held onto its fixtures, until the pipes finally ripped and burst, the male swung the lump of ceramic and damaged piping at the girls head, thudding into her skull painfully and downing her to floor, he raised the makeshift bludgeon again and crunched it straight down onto the girls head, a sickening crunch and splat ringing out as her skull collapsed from the sheer force of the impact. Theo stood from the corpse, panting heavily and turning around to see the Node's backing off slightly, unsure of what to do. This temporary victory was shortly interrupted by a new figure entering the bathroom.

This towering figure was as tall as the room itself, her curvaceous figure seemed more liquid that solid as she flowed into the room, her dark ooze like skin occasionally glittering with a slither of golden orange colour like a lantern in the night sky. Unlike other Controllers Theo had seen however, her body was carapace-less. The massive creature surged towards him, reeling up in front of him, almost daring him to attack, which the male did, dislodging his sink club from the girls head and swinging it right at the massive beast in front of him.

Rather than smashing into her with any kind of effect, the sink merely splatted against her flesh, bouncing off her rather than inflicting any form of harm at all. The beast merely grinned at him and responded with her own attack, the massive wet fist easily larger than Theo's head smashing him right in the chest with thunderous force, hurling him straight upwards, straight though the ceiling and into the room above, the males legs hanging from the roof as he hung limp like a ragdoll, his upper half concealed in the room above this one. The beast grinned and motioned for the Nodes to have their way with him, but the males legs seemed to be disappearing further up into the ceiling as Theo desperately clawed at the floor boards of the room he seemed to be have been punched into, dragging his one and a half legs up into the room with him. The goo beast swung for his legs but missed them as he disappeared entirely from view, only leaving the hole where he'd been punched through the ceiling.

... Well! Go! Go find him! He only has one leg now, he can't of gone far.” The goo beast ordered the Nodes, the girls in the room following her orders and attempting to climb up the hole. Theo swiftly limped his way out of the room, which seemed to be a largely forgotten about and dusty old storage room, looking through the doorway into the room and deciding a direction to run. He was determined to survive this, he wouldn't let these creatures get him, even if that meant taking his own life. He wouldn't become one of them.

Things were not fairing well on the Fang's side, their choke-points were starting to fall, slowly, but surely, they were losing people and fire power to the Rewritten's seemingly unending assault. The tide of bodies willing to throw themselves into the firing line never ended, getting closer with every passing second. Every available person was manning a gun and holding a position, but the ground they held was declining with every second. Seeth was holding her side valiently, as she ordered the walls of slaves to fall back before gunning them down without mercy, so much so, she freed up gun hands to go support the other sides.

Kelly & Wex held another side together, using their weapons to suppress the assaulting bodies along with some auto turrets to add extra power. Finally, Diego & Ray held their side together, Diego using his psyonics to mince and disable groups of slaves along with Ray's own weaponry. The more the group fought though, the more they realised that holding this attack off simply wasn't an option. Despite how many corpses laid strewn across the station, the attack was still only increasing in number. For a few minutes, the attack seems to halt as slaves stopped charging forward and seemed to be gathering their numbers for something. The group took this chance to meet up and discuss the best plan of action. They all rushed back into the central control room and gathered together, reloading weapons and re-arming with what little ammo they had left.

So... the attack is too big to stop... so is this the end?” Kelly asked, being blunt. Her question directed to anyone and everyone, in the hope someone had an answer. The group waited, numerous captains were missing since they'd last met up, they'd lost a lot of people and it showed.

I can buy us time if we want to try and make it to one of the DA's ships, if we were quick, I think we could make it. Would be tough though...” Diego suggested, prompting his brother to shake his head.

Absolutely not! No way! I'm not using you as bait so the rest of us can escape! We live or we die together.”

What about me? I can slow and stop the slaves down, if I lead the way, it could work!” Seeth looked around for approval but found Diego very unhappy about her idea.

I don't want you charging out in front... I nearly lost you to Leech that one time... we need to stick together.

I don't think fighting our way through the horde is going to work, we're going to lose people. Unless we're planning on being ok with losing people, which we're not, then we need to find another way off the station.” Ray's point seemed to ring true with people. There we people willing to lay down their lives for the group, but there were others stopping them.

Well... there is a single small dock above this control room, its used for shuttles rather than ships. If this control room starts to fall...” Wex pointed at a set of stairs that spiraled up and around the room. They were thin, rusty and led to a small door right at the top of the room, which was about 50ft up. “That door leads to an observation deck, on which, there is a dock. No ship of course, or i'd have suggested it long ago. My plan though, is we seal our suits, grab as much air as we can and try to scale the outside of the station and reach one of the DA's ships from the outside. And hopefully manage to leave with it before we get swarmed too badly.”

The group agreed, it sounded reasonable. Difficult mind you, scaling the outside of space station without the proper equipment was extremely dangerous. But it was worth a shot. The group decided to gather what they could whilst they could, Wex sending one of his surviving crew members, Sen, to go fetch tanks of oxygen for them to use. Their decision seemed poorly timed however, as the rumbling approach of the coming assault pounded towards them. With few men actually holding the choke points, the assault surged straight into the command chamber, but the front line of slaves appeared somewhat different to their colleges.

A large male lizard stumbled forward, his body mangled by huge toxic crystal growths protruding from his body at awkward, painful angles. These purple crystals were growing across his skin, slowly replacing his scales with a thin layer of razor sharp growths, but his left arm was forcefully cracked out of position by a massive singular spike that had grown well above the males head. His presence near the other slaves seemed to make them faster, but more worryingly, Seeth dropped her weapon, clutching her head in pain as something seemed to be clawing at her mind. She raised a finger towards the male desperately as she stumbled around, fumbling for her weapon.

Kill that fucking one there, he's fucking with my head!”

Kelly leapt into action, blasted a couple of rounds into the males chest, causing a thick gush of bright purple liquid to erupt from his chest. This liquid seemed to anger every slave around it into a frantic charge straight towards Kelly, but Diego rushed to her defence, swinging the massive cleaver like sword in an arc and forcing the assault back. Wex glanced around to see the choke-points were now completely overrun, whoever was left there was now one of the horde or about to be. It was time to get the fuck out of there.

Guys! The plan! Get the hell up those stairs!” He yelled as loudly as possible. The group began falling back to the edge of the room, where those rusted spiral stairs begun to arc around the edge of the room. The squad marched the the stairs as fast as possible, with slaves and Nodes hot of their tail, Wex and Sen leading the front, with the shark duo being the last ones to make it there.

A number of hands grabbed at Kelly, but she swung her blade at the faces of those reaching for her, slashing through vulnerable necks and eye sockets with a single vicious swing, although the slaves continued to hold on tight, a flurry of firepower from above crushed their bodies and burst their skulls, allowing the shark to pull herself free and continue. They ploughed on, supporting each-other as more and more slaves piled onto the stairs, trying to catch them. Additional crystal carrying slaves made their way into the room, Seeth struggling to remain focused as their influence continued to play havoc with her mind. The same EMP loaded slave from the Silver Fish assault lurched into the room, collapsing on the floor as her equipment surged violently with power, causing every light in the room to flash rapidly as the EMP protected circuitry of the control room was pushed to the limit. But yet they persisted, climbing step after step around the room, the previously empty and safe control room now completely flooded with slaves. Another new breed of slave entered the room, in addition to more EMP slaves, who joined the seizuring chorus of the first on the floor. The new slaves were a severely disfigured bunch, hunching over as they crawled into the room. A full and bloated belly was barely touching the floor as they climbed over the work stations and aimed themselves were they felt was best. A large device was affixed to their back and drilled into their neck in addition to a pair of large metallic claws which were buried into their feet and ankles, the back mounted machine powering up sounded similar to a small jet engine as the slaves (All of whom rodents or rabbits) dug their mechanically assisted feet into the desks to lock themselves down. Diego looked down in a mix of terror and anxiety as the row of slaves opened their maws up as wide as possible, their eyes fixed upon the group as the machines of their backs roared together. Massive projections akin to something like a fire hose of thick purple liquid began to blast the group and the stairs as the contents of the slaves bloated bellies were forcibly ejected. The mechanically assisted projectile vomiting was soaking everything in a thick layer of the viscose purple liquid. Wex stumbled forward, as a blast of the stuff crashed into his side, the rapidly flashing lights from the EMP slaves making the whole thing even more difficult to navigate. Within seconds, the whole group was stumbling around, trying to claw their way up the stairs, as more and more liquid clogged their movements and coated their visors.

Sen decided this had to stop and unclipped an oxygen tank from his back, before hurling it off the stairs, towards the vomiting group with all his strength. Ray saw the act and readied her weapon, firing off a volley of rounds at the tank, causing it to explode violently, levelling the vomit artillery and blasting everything off its feet in the whole room with a deafeningly loud boom that shook the whole staircase violently. Dust shook free from the ceiling above as the stairs whined and cracked under the weight on it. Slaves returned to their feet and continued climbing after the group, more and more bodies clambering up the metal frame-work desperately. The squad managed to get back on their feet and continued to climb, although somewhat slowed by the goo vomit coating their armour. The scrambled further up the stairs as the horde chased them down, but the sudden appearance of Controllers made the situation even worse. The armoured Scion came charging into the room and saw her chance to fuck over the whole group. She leapt towards the stairs, grabbing hold of them with her arms and tentacles and yanking on them as hard as she could, tearing the lower half out the wall and wobbling the whole set. Ray and Kelly were most effected as they were further down than anyone else and the sudden shift in direction as the whole stair case on that side was peeled off the wall knocked the shark duo off their feet. With Wex nearly at the top, the lizard ploughed on, his goal was just to get through the door at the top to stability again and off the stairs. The stairs groaned and screeched as the metal fatigued and bent. Diego looked back to see the sharks grabbing on for dear life as the whole lower half of the stairs was suddenly torn away, right from under the girls feet, the stairs simply unable to cope with Scion's strength. The girls leapt together towards the upper half they'd just been severed from and managed to grab onto the last step with their hands. As they begun to pull themselves up though, the battle hungry Scion grabbed a pair of nearby slaves and hurled them up at the shark girls, who were dangling about 30ft up in the air, hanging onto the damaged step for dear life. Although they were strong, but weren't strong enough to pull themselves up when a couple of slaves were hanging off them. Kelly kicked around and tried to punt the slave off but lost her grip, swinging around as she grabbed at the damaged hand-rail, hanging on by only a single hand now on the side of the stairs.

Diego charged back towards the girls, slipping down a couple of steps, Seeth seeing them and following him quickly to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. Ray felt her grip slipping as the slave clinging onto her legs began to climb its way up her and Kelly's grip began to falter as the slave she was battling with took more and more of her energy to punch off. Diego looked upon the scene with a fear, knowing that he could only safely pull one of the girls up. He didn't have time to think about it, he'd already made the decision before he'd arrived without knowing it. Both the girls glanced up at him as she arrived at the final step and reached down to help of them of them. Seeth was rapidly approaching from behind but she wasn't fast enough to help out.

He reached for Ray. His hand grabbing around her wrist and pulling her up with all his strength. The girl kicked and screamed in anger.

HELP KELLY! DIEGO! HELP KELLY!”

Kelly looked at the lizard, their eyes meeting each-others. A second slave was hurled up by Scion with incredible accuracy, heading straight towards the dangling shark. Before the slave impacted her, the shark gave the lizard a look of both sadness and gratefulness.

Thank you.” She cried. “Thank you for sav-” Her words cut off by the slave crashing into her torso and knocking her grip off the stairs. Seeth reached for her but the girl was already gone. Plummeting towards the ravenous group below who were waiting for her eagerly. It seemed to take her ages to reach the floor, as she glanced up at the group, wondering how she'd managed to get herself into this situation. One minute she was discussing plans with Kelly about moving to Oneye to finally get free on the piracy and live together happily, the next they're getting drunk with a pair of hot lizards... the next one after that? She's watching them fall away from her.

Diego pulled Ray up frantically and gathered himself. Readying his sword and leaping over the hand-rail in order to rescue the shark, who'd slammed into the floor and was being swarmed over already, hungry hands pulling her armour off and stripping her down already. But as the lizard felt gravity begin to pull him down, something yanked on his back and pulled him back up. Seeth gripped his back strongly, her arms shaking a little as she hoisted him back up and dragged him back onto the stairs forcefully.

Seeth no! I have to go save her!”

No! Enough with the heroics! You promised me it would just be me and you! I can't lose you again! I won't have it! She's gone!”

The horrified expression of Ray, although not visible through her helm was easily readable by her distressed whimpers and grieved moans, as she watched her friend get assaulted by the horde. She reached out with an outstretched hand towards her partner, saying her name over and over again under her breath.

We need to keep moving! I'm sorry Ray! But we can't let her die in vane!”

Ray looked like she was about to hop off the stairs herself but the lizard grabbed her shoulder and yanked her towards him and she continued up the stairs. Wex clambered through the door and looked behind him to see the group making their way over, with the stairs severed in two, it was much more difficult for slaves to follow them and they managed to climb through the door at the top without issue, aside from the whole group feeling like they were about to die from sheer panic and stress. As Ray entered the door, Sen closed it behind her, sealing the door shut using the control, panel of their side. They took a few minutes to gather themselves, wiping slime off their visors and reloading their weapons. They were on the edge of another circular room, with a large glass dome above them looking straight into the stars themselves.

This room had a massive glass wall that ran around the outside of the room and had two large blast doors, opposite each-other on either side of the glass. The one door lead to the dock on the outside of the station, the other went to a observation deck that was attached to the lower decks via some large stair cases. There were also a number of large pillars circling the perimeter of the room regularly. The group stood and looked at either blast door, the sudden appearance of some familiar faces rocked their trail of thought. From the dock blast door, a number of armoured figures arrived. A large female in crimson armour was leading the pack with a number of girls and a single male behind her who was looking rather troubled. And from the station doors? A trio of grinning controllers, who were accompanied by a monstrous horde of slaves.

They all had a feeling, the same feeling. This is where it would end.

1