CHAPTER 12: The Night Seems Young
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mr. Travis's POV

Around 10:05 pm...

"Oh! My beloved pet, Travis!" This phrase... is what I always hear whenever I tried calling this carefree guy, Lachlan. "I had no idea you'd call me at this hour. What's up?"

We've been apart for over three years now because of work but we're always conversing on the phone. And we met up sometimes to hang out too so it really seemed like we're not separated at all. Despite his blithe personality, his schedule is always full. I mean... he's a hitman. So of course, he's a busy person.

"See me later at the bar at exactly 10:30. Usual spot," I casually said, looking up to glance at the twinkling stars.

The night seems young.

All classes ended at exactly 5:30 in the afternoon yet my section was an exception. My class isn't allowed to be dismissed at the same time as the others. So then, my class ended at exactly 10 at night. That's also the time the school closes.

That is truly unfair. The system in this environment is already too much for them... even from the start. That's why I wanted to stand and be with them. After all, I am the only person suitable for this job.

As I was about to hang up the phone, he gasped excitingly on the other line. It really irritated my ears so I distanced the phone right away. His voice was like a destroyed microphone.

"You gonna pick up some chick babies? Of course, I'll go!" After his confirmation, I heard a loud groaning voice at the other side of the line which I thought Lachlan was on duty. It seemed like he kicked someone's gut.

Sighing, I face-palmed while shaking my head several times. "I'm not going there to play with ladies. I have something to discuss with you. That is all."

Lachlan and I met in fourth-year high school and have been friends ever since. Both our familial statuses were most likely not the same. But we used to spend time more often. He's a carefree person, thus he makes a lot of friends easily. His friends became my friends too... well, I wasn't close with them. Everything seemed well and working fine between our friendship... That is, until something came up.

Well, that's all in the past now. I was under the impression that it would only bring me misery.

"Yeah, yeah. You're still a baby princess." Bang. I heard the sound of a gun right after his response. It's not that loud. Perhaps, he used a silencer gun so that it won't produce too much noise. But still, this guy really had the guts to do that.

Even though it's his work, I still can't get over it. I'm not used to him doing things like murdering people for money. Though there are other methods to kill someone without using money, it would be sufficient to make him wealthy. It's a shame he wanted to keep working as a hitman.

"You know what? You're not going to get married if you keep acting like that. Follow my lead, bro," he continued.

Oh, goodness. He's so full of himself.

"Who's calling who? You have countless girls in your palm but not a single one made you feel like---" As I passed through the dark street, I immediately stopped when I saw a young lady being harassed by some drunkards.

She's wearing a gray hoodie, black jeans, and white sneakers, and yet she was being harassed. Now that I think about it, this young lady seemed familiar. Even in this dark plus dangerous street; even if her appearance was covered in her hoodie, I could clearly see her face.

"Yo, baby Travis? My sugar pumpkin? Are you there? Hel---"

"Hey, Lach. I'll be back. Something came up. Don't forget about later, okay?"

"H-Hey, wha---"

Without waiting for his response, I hung up the phone right away. I can't believe I'll run across these scumbags on my way. On top of that, they refuse to let the young lady go.

Trying to scan the street, I saw no security cameras around. My battery percentage is still half full so I turned to my infrared camera and recorded the current situation. I presumed I could use this for future purposes.

"Missy, missy? Why do you smell so fine, huh?" one of the drunkards said with his breathy gruff voice.

I quickly ran into them, trying to save the young lady. After that, I realized I was being careless. So instead of rescuing the girl, I hid behind the wall beside them so no one could recognize me. I am being cautious.

The others just laughed while one of them guzzled up the whole bottle of beer. I smell a Guinness beer. Hmm. Seemed like they drank one of the finest beers in here then. That's right. The way they dress up and the brands of their clothes were as expensive as it looks.

Meanwhile, the girl... she didn't seem to be struggling at all. Although there are four guys of them cornering her, she was still able to stay calm and glare at them.

Trying to find the right timing to butt in, I snapped when I suddenly remember the young lady's name.

"Hey, missy, hmm? Let's have fun together now, yeah?" one of the drunkards said, getting closer to the young lady.

I saw him almost touching the young lady's chest so before he could go any further, I stayed cool and attempted stepping in to calmly break his arm. But before I was able to do that, I was too stunned to move when the young lady knee kicked the face of the geezer who risked touching her chest. The geezer immediately went knocked down and was left unconscious to the ground.

"Hoy, stand up, will ya? Is your ass that weak---huh?" He realized right away that his friend seemed lethargic since he couldn't answer.

As for me, I retreated and went behind the wall again to observe them. While filming the whole event, in case something happens to the young lady, I will not hesitate to jump in.

Of course, the other three were taken aback. They had no idea they had messed with the wrong person. After a few moments, the three of them attempted to flee. Because the young lady was swift enough to catch all of them, not a single one was able to escape any farther.

She grabbed the other drunkard's back shirt to pull him. As she grasped him, he shoved him so hard into the wall that he lost strength.

The other drunkard went after the steel pipe that was thrown in the trash. "You bitch!" Staggering, he seemed like he let out his full strength to attack the young lady. Before the steel landed on her head, she quickly moved to the right to dodge it. She snatched the pipe he held and went behind to kick him at the back. As the drunkard was pushed, he hit his head on the wall and fell to the ground.

As for the other one, he looked like he's already sober. He started running away, but the thing is...

...he's running this way.

I was about to step back since I don't want this geezer nor anyone to find out about me being in here. I'm so cautious about my identity. There might be people around here that could recognize me at any second. But then I remembered we are the only ones here and there were no cameras around, and most of all, it's too dark in this area. Maybe I could give this a try.

As the geezer ran onto my space, I stretched out my leg to block him. Oops. Fortunately, he stumbled to the ground and shockingly turned his head on me. Our eyes suddenly met so I turned away. I'm sorry, geezer.

"Come here, you asshole!" the girl shouted as she went after the stumbled geezer on the ground.

She casually pulled him with his feet, like a murderer dragging a dead body. It was a pretty terrifying sight for a normal person. I just stayed my cool though. I recorded the whole thing, including the part where I let the geezer kiss the ground.

I knew this young lady would be able to pull this. I mean, she's my student so I'm so proud of her.

After a minute, I stopped filming and turned off my phone. This would be enough for a shred of evidence in case something might occur in the future.

I raised my gaze to the starry sky once more.

The night seems young.

"Hand me the money," the voice of the young girl was what I heard.

I turned to her promptly and was so shocked by the drunkards. Did these geezers steal her money? My poor student. Let this capable teacher handle this.

"W-What money? Do I look like I have deb---"

"Don't speak, asshole. I meant your money. Give me your money. And you too, and you too. All of you, give me your money," she threatened to hit them to give up their money to her.

I was mistaken. The geezers didn't steal anything from her, but she will be the one to steal something from them.

"Why would I give my money to you, hu---"

"Give up your money or not?" She glared at him like she was about to strangle him to death.

Now that I think about it, I once read her background profile before. By the time I was permitted to investigate her past, I realized why she was so desperate to steal money. But I can't say I blame her though. I can't blame anyone else in my class for the same thing. The world has been extremely unjust to them. So I'm not shocked that their life had to be miserable just for survival.

But it doesn't mean I'm going to sit around and do nothing. As a second known parent, I am responsible for any of this. What is a class teacher for? Even if we're out of school, I am still a person who seeks justice.

"Now, now, why don't you calm down, darling?" I stepped in and smiled naturally to stop worsening the situation.

She turned to me and then she glared. "What the heck do you want? You here to teach me some lessons? Go back to your desk and eat some shit."

Wow, her eyes are so sharp, and her words... yes, very indecent. This is the expression on the faces of the vast majority of my students. It's a little depressing. It's kind of sad.

Students like her should not be on this dark street doing something unlawful. They should be studying and resting in their rooms. They should be having some fun at their age.

Their tranquillity has long vanished.

After a moment, I carefully took a step forward. Smiling still, I spoke softly to calm things down. "Why don't we talk things out, darling Petra?"

 

Enjoyed the chapter? Don't forget to hit the like button and drop your thoughts in the comments.

If you want to access more of these chapters, kindly join my:

Patreon: 
GallantLassGL

Ko-fi: 
GallantLass

Thank you!

1