CHAPTER 18: The Two Other Classmates
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

6:20 am...

Currently at Bihira International High...

Mr. Travis, as usual, sported a wide smile on his face as he walked along the corridor of first-year senior classrooms. This could be his second day of being in the chaotic class, so hopefully, he would stay positive until the year ends. It's still so early thus there seemed to be no students around yet. So typically, it's safe for Mr. Travis to stroll around. 

Or does he care?

The usual time for the starting of classes in this school is generally 8:00 am, but his class was an exception. When the clock strikes at exactly 6:30 am, all of Class 11-5 students are should be expected in their classrooms, otherwise, the school would punish the students.

The school's treatment is so unjust that it made Mr. Travis threaten the Principal yesterday. But, without a doubt, the teacher was overly generous. He allowed the President to state his intentions so that he could also meet his request.

Yesterday was his first day and it was already so tough, but right now, even if it might be more difficult, at least the smile on his face won't vanish. 

"Elite 1... I wonder why he showed up yesterday." Mr. Travis was so lost in space that he wasn't able to think straight. "Does this mean trouble?"

When he reached his classroom, he abruptly came to a halt in front of the door, just as he was about to enter. He felt like something seemed off. But at least his guts told him that the students were all safe.

It's just that...

...the classroom is deafeningly quiet.

"Should I take the other route?" Mr. Travis pondered as he retreated his hand from the tarnished doorknob.

Because his instincts were never incorrect, he went through with it. He was afraid that if he opened the door and stepped inside right away, something bad might happen to him... especially when Elite 1 came to visit them as what happened.

He was still reeling from Emil's unexpected appearance... despite the fact that he had foretold it.

Mr. Travis went in the opposite direction as he had planned. He walked to the rear of the classroom and took a post near the window. He knew his footsteps were almost silent, so he was certain no one heard him.

It happened in an instant when the window slid open and a sound of a loading handgun was clearly heard. This was when Mr. Travis knew, an object has already pointed to his head. Exactly at the center of his forehead, a gun had been steered. Mr. Travis was so taken aback that he couldn't help but raise his hands. He was so frozen in his spot that it looked like he had seen a ghost.

"I knew you would take this route, teach," the guy holding the gun was his student, Terfinn Ybanez.

The teacher came back to his senses. "Oh! If it isn't my dear Terfinn!" he greeted cheerfully after recognizing it's just his student. "Good morning!"

Without gaining a response, Mr. Travis attempted to scan the classroom through the window. There, he associated, Terfinn didn't seem to be the only one with a pistol on him, his other buddies and the other gals did as well. 

There were three of them standing watch at the entryway. That might be why the teacher was hesitant to come in a while ago. Meanwhile, Terfinn's companions were the other two who stood behind him.

Smiling, the teacher forwarded one step, "What a great way to greet a teac---"

Bang!

Bang!

Terfinn didn't waste any time. He was dead set on murdering him. He even fired it twice to get Mr. Travis to stop talking. He shot the side of Mr. Travis's ear, causing him to close entirely. That was his attempt to frighten the teacher.

Mr. Travis, on the other hand, remained silent. Even if the bullet pierced his ear, he won't be bothered. There's no point in worrying about stuff although he has his own problem to worry about. 

And surely, he remembered that these students can't kill people otherwise they'd be severely punished by the law. Only the students themselves were aware of the punishment. The records which the school held for them were all being kept, and it would be discovered shortly if the class would continue going south. That's why those previous teachers who had barely made it into this class came out all alive, they just quit because of the students' mad behaviors. 

"Next time, if you say a word, you will really be dead," he pushed the tip of the gun on Mr. Travis's forehead.

The teacher simply smiled warmly.

"Hey, go get him," ordered Terfinn to his friends. "We've prepared for---"

Not even a second passed before a big smash banged on the door. They hadn't expected anyone to come, so they were too astonished to speak a word after seeing someone barging in. 

"Hey! What are you guys doing!" a familiar voice from a familiar girl appeared at the door, furious. 

It was their classmate.

She was enraged by his classmates pointing their firearms at someone. She had no clue, they would do something inhumane like this. 

"U-Uhh, C-Clara? What are you doing here?" Terfinn lowered his gun and went to the girl named Clara to calm her down.

She stormed in and slammed the holed blackboard. "I am here because I am your classmate, of course! Am I not welcome, huh!?" She looked at her classmates, "I was just absent for these past days and yet I had no idea you're behaving like this! Not only you but you too! You! You! All of you!" 

"C-Clara, calm down okay?" her classmate, Petra, soothed her down.

"Y-Yeah, we're just fooling around," Brent said, his face troubled.

"Fooling around means playing around, right? Are those items toys? Let me borrow them then and I will play with all of you!"

She was infuriated, yet the kindness remained imprinted in her voice.

All of her classmates who were carrying firearms had remained silent and motionless. A minute after, they retrieved their firearms and placed them wordlessly inside their backpacks. Mr. Travis, on the other hand, was pleasantly surprised by the sight. Thanks to this girl, Clara, his life had been spared once again.

"And you, Kenneth!"

Kenneth flinched in his seat.

"Why did you let them do this, ha? You're the one in charge here! And why is the classroom so messy?!"

Without saying anything, Kenneth covered his face with the book he had been reading since recently. He didn't answer at all, but he also didn't ignore her. He just couldn't respond since she had spoken the truth.

These kids appeared to be following Clara's instructions. Every single one of them retreated and abandoned their sole living plan and intention of marring the teacher just to match their classmate's, Calara's, expectations. 

"If I ever see you bringing firearms again, I will be the one to acquire them, and, without a doubt, I will hole your brains one by one! Understood?"

All of them, "Yes, understood!"

"Good!'

The door creaked open again after a few moments. It appeared like two of their male classmates had just arrived, they were almost on time. The students noticed their two classmates entering the classroom with puzzled expressions on their faces. 

Mr. Travis remembered the other person, and it seemed as if they were really fated to meet. The same may be said about Clara. No, when in fact, he was fated to meet this class in the first place.

"What's wrong guys?" After becoming perplexed, one of the newly arrived students, Victor, inquired.

Sighing, Clara crossed her arms and looked at the two. "These guys tried shooting a person with their guns. Good thing I caught them or else... I don't know. There'd be a corpse lying on this floor now."

The two discovered their classmates' firearms were no longer with them. They suspected that they had hidden it before they came. Clara, for one thing, maybe the reason they're not clutching their firearms right now. Of course, who else might be responsible for this silence?

"So, who were they trying to assault?" the other guy beside Victor asked.

"I don't know," Clara shrugged, looking at the spot where Mr. Travis tarried. "That's what I'm curious too. Wait---You?" 

Her classmates were astonished. "Huh, Clara? You know him?" Glenn asked.

Looking so concerned, Monika pointed at Clara's hand, "And what's wrong with your hand? Were you hurt?"

At that moment, Mr. Travis went inside the classroom through the window and waved at them.

That's when the other guy beside Victor knew too that it was him all along. "You!" the guy yelled, pointing at Mr. Travis. He was too shocked that he covered his mouth with his palm. 

His classmates were surprised too. "Huh? You too, Greg? You know him?" Ruben urged. All of them were confused. The whole classroom was full of confusion and mixed emotions... except for the teacher.

While suddenly laughing, Brent asked the guy named Greg, "And why is your nose being patched with steri-strips? Did you just do a nose surgery or something?"

"N-No, of course!" Greg covered his injured nose.

At that moment, Clara and Greg were both too startled to breathe. They had no idea the man they met was in this classroom the whole time. They also appeared to be unaware that he's their new class teacher. Both didn't know they would meet him in this classroom once again, what a dream. 

And for them, they were wondering why is this man here.

"Of course, I know him! He was the one who dressed my wound yesterday at the bar! You guys picked on him?" Clara lifted her hand to prove them.

Her wound was bandaged with a clean towel. They then observed that it was a large vertical incision on her hand.

Their classmates knew Clara for so long. For someone as pure as her, her face said it all that she wouldn't lie for something like this. Although they don't completely believe what she had just said, there's still something about her that makes them believe her.

"A-And what about you, Greg? How did you know him?" Janice asked.

Greg scratched the back of his head and looked away, "W-Well, things really happen. Haha."

Notwithstanding his denials, Greg was the guy Mr. Lachlan and Mr. Travis ran across at the dumpsite when they were being chased yesterday night. Furthermore, he was the one who drove the two to his store, which made their nights even more memorable. He's also the one that was knocked down by Mr. Travis, which is why he has an injured nose.

Standing still, Mr. Travis spoke as he smiled, "It looks like we've reunited again, Ms. Clara Dennise Melecio and Mr. Gregorio Lamigo. I am Travis Mortal, your class teacher."

The two classmates were even more shocked by what they've heard. 

A CLASS TEACHER?

Enjoyed the chapter? Don't forget to hit the like button and drop your thoughts in the comments.

If you want to access more of these chapters, kindly join my:

Patreon: 
GallantLassGL

Ko-fi: 
GallantLass

Thank you!

0