CHAPTER 25: Doubts
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

• • • • •

A while ago...

Mr. Travis grinned at Liam, who was still deafeningly quiet. Ever since the teacher arrived here, he hasn't heard his student speak a single word, not just for him but also for his classmates. Although he hasn't revealed his voice yet, he can still barely smile, unlike his other classmates who are sometimes short-tempered and almost couldn't giggle. 

This made Mr. Travis question what could be his real voice.

"How can this be?" Sara gasped.

"I-It was almost a tie. What the heck?" Emily wheezed.

"Well, the game wasn't bad," Peter chirped and went back to his seat, and glared at Mr. Travis. "I will be the one to defeat you, fucker Travis."  

Standing, the teacher smiled at Peter. "Of course, you'll do. I look forward to it."

Peter just didn't mind it and swore to his whole life that he would crush Mr. Travis once he had the chance to improve himself. He'd been playing cards since he was a child. Being defeated by his teacher must be his first time being crushed. Now that it came to this, he won't let this one go not until his points have got a lot higher than this teacher.

In order to do that, he had to defeat Liam, his friend, first.

After the game had ended, Mr. Travis went to the center in front of the classroom and politely asked all of the students to gather outside within five minutes. Some got confused but some just didn't care at all.

"Why should we do that?" Monika coldly asked.

"Because there would be a price if you succeed," Mr. Travis answered.

Now since several were intrigued by the price he considered, not to mention the large sum of money inside the bag beside him, they decided to give it a try at the very least. 

"We're just going to go outside, right?" asked Zeus.

Mr. Travis smiled, "Yes, but make sure to avoid producing any sound until you step outside. Speaking of sound, consider also your voices. Make sure to stay quiet as much as possible."

It also can't be helped that others were also having second thoughts. They were being defensive which could be a challenge for Mr. Travis as well. In the end, he had no choice but to test his students.

"Ah, here we go again with his nonsense. Let's go take a---"

"You all heard Sir Travis! Let's all go outside!" 

Clara gladly instructed and went ahead as if she was excited. All of her classmates who had second thoughts didn't have any choice but to come with her. They had no idea why Clara got so excited when in fact, they're prohibited to go outside.

"Don't worry, it's just us in this school. But we have to be careful in stepping outside... there are cameras around that are sensitive to noises and can detect motions."

"W-What? Outside? As in outside the school? We're going outside the school, not outside the classroom?" clarified Kenneth.

"Yes, you got it right. We're going outside the school for five minutes."

"Five minutes? But we're on the fifth building!" declared Petra.

"Y-Yeah! How are we supposed to do that in five minutes?" argued Lila.

Time is gold. Mr. Travis and the class had to migrate to another place within five minutes for some reason. But now that some were eager to get the price he mentioned, Mr. Travis had no choice but to extend the time limit.

"Then, can you all do it within ten minutes? You just have to follow my lead."

After Mr. Travis told the reconsidered condition, they began grumbling, as though they still doubted they'd make it in time. It couldn't be helped that they're thinking this too much since it's risky. 

They had to go outdoors with sensitive cameras around them, not to mention that the authorities were now in command of the institution. But, because it's for the price they believed it'd be money, they had to think about it again and again.

"I'll stay here," opposed their classmate, Petra. Since one of them had rejected the request, the other students who were still doubting also had their decisions unsure.

"Me too. I'll stay," Janice said.

"I guess, me too," declared Ruben.

Their decisions were all biased. One person was relying on another person's decision which makes everything so confusing. But for Mr. Travis, this doesn't fret him a little. He just stood in front of them, grinning and waiting for everyone's final decision.

"Come on, guys. It's the price we're talking about," Victor stated.

"Yeah, but can you really trust him? He might have an idea who we are and what we're so desperate about... but open your brains at least. He might also be manipulating us to cause us another trouble," Andrea asserted.

"And don't forget that we're in this class. There's a chance he'll hand us over to the higher-ups," continued Terfinn.

"Now that I think about it, he asked us to go outside when in fact, we don't know what could his motive be," Glenn, the student with nearly deer characteristics, commented.

They've been toing and froing. It's as though they haven't gotten acclimated to Mr. Travis being in their classroom yet.

"Yes, you're sharp. That's true. I would definitely be handling you to the authorities if I were the police," told Mr. Travis.

"If that's that, then I won't go," Faith responded.

"But class, remember that I am your class teacher no matter what. No teacher in this world would harm their students. If there's one, then that's not a teacher, it's an a-hole."

What he stated didn't even change their opinions, rather they remained silent and resolved to take advantage of such a fantastic chance. But they couldn't just make a decision. Regardless of what Mr. Travis had asked, their goal was to take the money.

It was kind of annoying when they tried to steal some of the money in the bag, they got caught right away. No matter how hard they'd tried to hide the money, Mr. Travis chased them like there's no end to earth.

"If you, my dear students, are still doubting me, I always understand regarding your situations. But please, I'm not manipulating all of you. If that's what you think, then I am not the teacher you deserve."

"Who told you we need a teacher in the first place anyway?" coldly asked Terfinn.

Their teacher smiled, "Well, dear students. I love this."

"Well, fuck. We hate this."

This appeared to be their first trial. For the past two years, this was the first time they've given such a test from a teacher.

Mr. Travis didn't seem to force them to accept the offer, but they had to be cautious as well. Their lives were on the line. Their misdeeds might be easily exposed if they are handed up to the government. It might also have a long-term impact on their life.

"All right. I'll go. " Kyle affirmed.

"Then, me too," Brent responded.

"I'll go as well since both of you are going," said Greg, shrugging.

Now that some of them wanted to move, the class's options were becoming more complicated. Their heads were on the verge of exploding.

"No, stop. Everyone, listen," Kenneth butted in, "All boys who wanted to go will go. All girls---no matter what your decision is, stay here. Boys who will stay, look after the girls," he instructed.

"Oh, I like this idea. But I think we should get the girls first," Mr. Travis suggested, raising his index finger.

"We don't know what will happen. So shut your trap," Brent stated.

As a result, their teacher stopped meddling with their decisions. It made him feel a little melancholy as if his proposal had gone unheeded. Nonetheless, he thought that he would just become accustomed to this.

"Wait, I'll go!" Clara volunteered herself.

"No, stay here. Don't be a jerk," Kenneth first stepped out from the class.

Clara became upset and stamped his foot angrily while clenching her fists. Following Kenneth were Brent, Greg, Victor, Zeus, Peter, Liam, and Kyle. All eight of them wanted to go. Almost all of the guys were leaving. How can the females be guarded when nearly all of the boys in the class are going?

Before Victor stepped out from the door, a hand tightly grabbed his arm so it made him step back a bit and turn around. It was so forceful that it almost had him outbalanced.

"You sure you're going? Maybe he'll put you into his trap," asked Monika, still holding his arm.

"Stop now. Of course, I'll go. Now, kindly let go of me."

Victor seized his arm and headed outside right away. His face was appalled by Monika's pushy demeanor.

"Girls, I'll come back to get you, okay? Let's have fun tonight," he said, sounding like a pervert but with no malice in his heart. He merely wanted them back since it was his decision to obtain the females first before the lads.

As Mr. Travis went ahead of them, he signed the boys to take silent footsteps and don't utter loud noises in their words. They then followed his command since they thought they held no choice.

Enjoyed the chapter? Don't forget to hit the like button and drop your thoughts in the comments.

If you want more of these chapters, kindly join my:

Patreon: 
GallantLassGL

Ko-fi: 
GallantLass

Thank you!

0