CHAPTER 31: Zeus’s Backstory (Part 2/12)
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following day, I hastily went to school since it's Thursday, a regular class day. There's a rule in this school, Bihira High, that allowed students to enter the class at any time. As long as the students would stay at the school for at least three hours, the school is cool with it. It was quite exciting since we get to attend class at any time we want. 

Another thing, this school serves the students like they're some royalty. 

All uniforms were perfectly exquisite both upper and lower parts, they're entirely made of vicuna wool fabric which came from Europe, the peninsula of peninsulas. The exterior glance of the uniform has a lot of fine ornaments coming from the eastern countries; golden laces in each corner of the cloth including the collar, a quartz crystal citrine brooch at the left chest, and a glass-made almost golden-like name tag placed at the right chest. Except, for the lower part of the uniforms, it doesn't hold any ornaments. Rather, an amber gemstone is tied like a necklace at the center in front of every student's pants or skirts belt loop. Both girls' and boys' uniforms are all long sleeves which are good for the rainy season. On the other hand, short sleeves are worn for the sunny season.

In short, it was just a uniform but it's already hella expensive. 

Same thing with the teachers in here as well. They're not just some mere teachers but they're like butlers too. They'd tutor you personally for free until you maintain your grades and become the highest student in the whole school. But the thing is, all of the students in this school held the highest IQ among all of the schools. The most brutal thing is... the teachers in here would pressure the students until they die from stress, depression, and anxiety. 

They don't care. 

The only thing they care about is the student's grades.

My parents took me to this school since it holds a lot of excellent things as one hope. First, the school's quality. Overall, it's beyond my league. Second, if you're a person who still doesn't recognize his or her own skills and talents, this school would provide free therapy for you. It's not a therapy just like for a sick person, but it's a therapy that would lead you to know yourself more. 

But, as for me, I've already determined what I'm excellent at, so it's not a huge deal. The only thing I truly want this school to accomplish for me is to help me enhance my boxing skills. But even without the school's assistance, I can still support myself by practicing. It's not like this school exists only to help me all my life. It's just that... this school existed to make the students mentally unstable and have proper education. 

I intended to arrive at school early today since I want to train more aggressively this time. I planned to be present in class for three hours and then rush to the gym to spend time training boxing. I want to practice harder, improve my moves more, have my techniques enhanced, and win that belt for good.

Tomorrow, Friday, will be my fifth fight on-stage. There would be no class since that's part of this school's curriculum. The time was perfect since Fridays should be resting days. Not to mention, we will fly back to Nevada US since that's where the event would take place.

I don't have to waste time anymore since this will serve as my one and only chance to compensate for what I did to my father yesterday. 

Yesterday, I confronted him after overhearing their conversation with that ungrateful bastard. I know I was being nosy, but I am his only son. Of course, I won't let my father be treated like that--- whether it's his fault or not. 

As his only awful son, I said terrible things that I should not have uttered when I faced him yesterday, and I know it's my fault since I knew I went over the line. So I decided I have to make up with my father by winning the belt. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

After having a short verbal fight with him yesterday, I didn't come home. Instead, I called my other friends and made ourselves stay at Axel's house, one of my friends'. Of course, he's always alright with it. We got to sleep over at least. 

I know it was very coward of me not to face my father at home but it was totally worth it. I got to play the latest updated game on my friend's PC. I kind of felt relieved when I took a few games with them, my problem with my father went all gone in just a blink of an eye. It was all thanks to that fantastic game and to my friends.

We went separated when Tyler and Fritz received a text from their parents... they were told to go home. Just when we were having a good time, their parents literally came in the way.

Well, poor kids.

Not to mention... my father...

Why did I even confront him anyway? And on top of that, I even cursed at him while we fought. 

Ah, idiot, Zeus. 

It's not his fault, it's that goddamn borrower's fault in the first place.

That's why I got to win that belt no matter what and give it to my father as an advance gift for his birthday. I mean, his birthday will be this coming Saturday so I really have to give my all.

Before I went inside the classroom, I've already glimpsed my friends, Tyler, Axel, Fritz, and Franciszek, talking and whispering about something. I couldn't seem to ask them right away when I reached my seat beside Tyler since it's new to me that they're gossiping about something. 

But... 

... something's odd.

"Hey, yo. How's your training? Tomorrow is the fight, right? Damn, it looks like I got to fly back to Nevada just to watch your fight," said Tyler, tapping my shoulder as he realized I was already at my seat. 

After putting my bag below my seat, I noticed my friends' hard glare towards one another while talking in all serious ways. Axel, Fritz, and Franciszek didn't seem to notice me so I just glanced at them. We are just neighbors in this fine seating arrangement so it's easy for me to reach out to them. 

"Ugh, it was damn tiring. But all is well though. By the way, how's Jay's taekwondo training? He wasn't able to hang out with us yesterday though," I asked Tyler since it looked like he's the only one who noticed me.

I understand though since the three of them were busy talking.

Jay and I met in our elementary days. To be exact, we were in third grade at that time. He's a taekwondo player and I was a boxer, both of us are martial artists and were still beginners. It's just too bad that he got a lot busier when we started high school. So far, all I've been able to say is... In terms of our dreams, I believe he is more enthusiastic than I am. Well, I have my own dream, therefore how I manage it is entirely up to me.

"Same as you, always busy filling their calendars to be the champions," Tyler replied, shrugging.

They're my friends since the first year of high school. Unlike Jay, these three have total great chemistry. You can be friends with them right away just by talking to them, it was great that they're loyal and stick with our friendship. As for Jay, he was a lot serious that a regular person couldn't even lay a finger on him. He's just like that... even when we're still in our younger days. After having ourselves, including our seats, inseparable, the six of us became buddies. It was a complete work of luck. Thanks to the three of them, Jay has friends other than me.

I couldn't stand the way these three were conversing with each other longer when I heard them practically fighting over their opinions, so I took advantage of the opportunity to ask them what they were talking about.

"Hey, cool it down. Will you guys share with me what's going on?" 

The three of them stopped talking and for god's sake, I was caught unaware... they looked at me like I'm some kind of creepy dude. With the looks of their disgusted faces, I almost dropped my jaw.

"Didn't you hear?" Franciszek asked, pointing at me his index finger like some bitchy first-year high school girl.

"Hear what?"

"Damn, man. You're all over with boxing that you have no idea what's going on in this school?" Tyler talked. 

For all I care, these idiots won't take a break.

"Ugh, just tell me, man!" I said, my voice sounding light yet I looked pleading.

"Apparently, the Chairman picked another kid to be a student in that classroom. You know... that classroom where one should be treated like an animal," Axel was calm.

"R-Really? Who's it this time?" 

This is the fifth time the school has made such an announcement. For the last month, there were four students who got banned from this school and were sent to that prison-like classroom. It's like one student every week. 

I'm not even sure if this is a deliberate concept or not. The CEO is the only person to blame for this. He's a complete jerk. But I couldn't change the reality that it's partly the fault of the chosen kids. It's already their fault that they've gotten to this point. If they didn't commit disobedience against the school's law, they won't be sent to that class, if I would say.

"I don't know. None of us knew. That's why we're arguing who's going to be the next prisoner." Fritz glared at the three; Franciszek, Tyler, and Axel.

"Shit, really? Who could it be... W-When did the Chairman announce that?" I asked again. 

How the heck did the four of them know about this? I didn't even know a single damn thing.

"A message was sent in our emails, you idiot," Tyler said, slapping the desk in front of him.

"Don't tell me you didn't open---"

"What would we expect? He's a boxer, always busy like Jay." 

Seriously, the four of them should quit tormenting me and could just cut the chase short. 

I know... Having kids be chosen to be part of that dingy classroom is enormous unique news for this institution. Every student in here went all alarmed and of course, I should be too. All of the students are filled with dread when they just hear about that class. We don't know how the school treats them either. It's still a mystery to us, and it feels so out of the ordinary.

All we knew was that the room was in the fifth building, at the very bottom. I heard the room was going to be a basement, but they changed their minds due to the amount of money they spent merely to legalize that type of class.

"Yeah, right. Here, read this." Axel showed me the emailed message on his phone and pointed it right on my damn face.

Thank God, there's Axel. But really? Am I blind or what? There's no need to near it on my goddamn face.

"Dear students, we apologize for disturbing you at this late hour, but we have a quick announcement to make. All of the students are expected to assemble next week Monday, August 4, 2025, at the auditorium at exactly 8:00 am. By all means, no one should be absent by that time. Unfortunately, another student was chosen by our dear Chief Executive, Mr. Deniz Algos, to be part of the SPECIAL CLASS. Apparently, Mr. Algos decided to have this fifth student be punished right away by taking all of the measurements following the class's rules and regulations. Chairman Woohyun Lee will be visiting the school to pick up the student and have the chosen student's trial at once. Let us all await for the greatness to be devoted to this school and witness the chosen student's trial, which will bring us all closer and help the school progress. Glad it all came to this extent. Once again, thank you for taking your time and patience. Have a great day and study hard, dear students!"

As I was reading the message, my jaw dropped again.

Shit... 

... here we go again.

 

How was Zeus's backstory so far?

Enjoyed the chapter? Don't forget to hit the like button and drop your thoughts in the comments.

If you want to access more of these chapters, kindly join my:

Patreon: 
GallantLassGL

Ko-fi: 
GallantLass

Thank you!

0