CHAPTER 33: Zeus’s Backstory (Part 4/12)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zeus's POV

I flew back to my country immediately after my match. I'm currently in the airport, and I must confess that everyone is ecstatic with my complete win.

My father's birthday is today. And this belt, the culmination of my hard work, I would absolutely give to him as a present. I don't care what he'd do with this, and I'm not interested in this belt. My father is everything to me; he's the treasure I've always desired. I hope my father saw my match despite the fact that he couldn't make it to Nevada.

I heard he had some kind of appointment, and it's totally important that he wasn't able to fly to Nevada. I have no idea what type of appointment it is but I heard it's about his business.

It's hard to have these hired assistants around me. They're too busy protecting the belt inside my bag, not me who have won this. And these reporters, cameramen, and fans. All of them make me sick. 

But this means they're here to support me, right?

Ugh, why am I so famous? Not that I'm bragging about it though.

These hired men are here to protect me from getting injured and involve with chaos, they only have one duty to accomplish, but they are unable to complete it. I vow to the Lord. I don't need these obnoxious individuals. I'd rather not have them.

Following the commotion, additional chaos arose in the form of the reporters' non-stop interviews. Following that, I had a photoshoot with my belt. Following that, I had three invites to breakfast and lunch with my relatives. Following that, another picture shoot was planned. Following that, this obnoxious jerk MeTuber requested a Q&A with me on her vlog. Following that, another interview was set, this time for international news. Not one, but nearly 10 of them asked me to go to their studio.

My day has been ruined that I couldn't even find a second to touch my phone to ask my father how's he doing. Only today, just this day, my father's birthday, that I've become so busy.

But I have to endure it. I'm doing this for my father.

Does becoming a celebrity requires this kind of living? Of course, Zeus, you idiot. They chose to be famous and to be known by all. It's totally obvious. But if it involves determination and passion, side effects won't be necessary at all. That's what my father said to me all the time.

After I'm done with my busy schedule, I'm finally about to go home. To my one and only home. To my father.

It's already 9:30 in the evening, yet I am here, standing in front of our doorway, unwilling to move and enter the house.

What if my father refuses to accept the belt as a present from me? What if he was upset with me because of what I did to him the day I discovered his debtors' massive debt?

But wait... 

Did my father even watch my fight?

I bet he did, right? 

He has done everything for me since I was a child. He wholeheartedly backed me up. I've even seen him sacrifice for us several times. He never showed me a single dissatisfied, angry, or unpleasant look. He is unquestionably my hero.

I only saw him in anguish once, when I cursed at him. It happened the other day.

We came to an argument. I told him that why would he beg for his money when he can just report them for not paying him on the said date. It's a total mess. He didn't want to cause any commotion between him and his debtors. All he said was to keep cool and that everything will be great once he found a solution. He'd make arrangements and everything would be good. That's exactly what he said.

Why?

Why of all times?

He needs money? Then I can run more laps for him and be the champion again and again. That way, I'd have money in my hands and he won't have any financial problems. In fact, mother has had her business on success for many years now. I bet her money will be beneficial to us as well.

And what was his response? He assured her that everything was OK. There's no reason to drag my mother into his dilemma. He stated that he will just find a method to avoid implicating his kid and wife. So, what is the purpose of married couples? Didn't they promise to share each other's joys and sorrows in life? 

It's a total mess.

That's always the problem. MONEY and his annoying kindness. 

And... it came to an extent that I said those hurtful words.

"I hope you're going to disappear" was what I said. It's a total fool of me to say that.

I know I was wrong, cursing him like that makes me want to slap myself. Thinking about it, it really aches my heart that I wanted to run away from this household. 

I just don't want my father to plead on his knees for the sinners. They make me sick. They are the ones who should be punished, not him. Why does my father have to bear all of these burdens while his debtors mock him?

It really felt like I didn't deserve all of the love that he had given me up until now. A total scumbag like me doesn't merit a father like him. 

But I have to do this. I've already come this far yet I will just back out? Bullshit. I've come this far just to be like my father. 

All right.

I'll do it.

No regrets, and no turning back. 

I have to give this belt to my father and say sorry to him. It's the only way to compensate for what I did.

This counted as my first time being so nervous to ask forgiveness from my father.

The handle felt icy in my fingers. I watched my own hands struggle against the door as they pushed it open. As the door slowly opened, I noticed a crowd come into view. The heavy wooden door finally gave way, and I soon eased myself past it.

"What's going on?" I said to my mind.

The door's hinges creaked and screeched, and the sound echoed in my consciousness as my face was assaulted with a freezing blast of chilly air tinged with the metallic fragrance of gunpowder.

"Welcome home!" a loud scream of everyone was clearly heard, followed by a party popper and my friend, Axel, holding a cake coming onto me. 

I felt relieved. I thought something was going on. I was worried for a second there.

As all of them sang a welcome song for me, I looked at each one of them, searching for my father. Well, my purpose here is to reunite with my father again. I will say sorry once everyone will go home and I can have my time alone with my father. 

That'd be nice.

After a few seconds of searching, a hefty hand touched my shoulder, prompting me to glance at the person. That's when I realized it was father. I had no clue he was already standing next to me, smiling and singing to me. I'm overjoyed. I thought he'd never show come.

"Thank you, everyone," I said, feeling delighted as each one of them went after me.

My friends, relatives, my mother's business colleagues, and my father's fellow coaches and friends all showed up at the same time to meet me? Isn't it already too late? Their efforts, however, will not be in vain. I guarantee they'll have a great time at this party.

"Blow the candle now, darling!" shouted Tyler.

I almost smacked his face yet I stayed my cool and blew the candle right away. And as for my father, he blew a cake too, which his friend coach Tariman was holding, since, of course, it's his birthday.

We both smiled after blowing out our candles... But we were immediately dismayed when Axel and Coach Tariman shoved the cakes in our faces. Everyone in the room burst out laughing after seeing the entire scenario. Franciszek even took a picture of me, seemingly irritated by the sticky sensation. It took my entire face, and now I have a thick, irritating icing on my skin.

"Whose idea was this, huh?" I groaned.

Father just laughed. And there, I calmed myself too.

I'm glad he's happy. 

"Mine..." A familiar voice, a familiar man getting out of the crowd, "Long time no see, my god Dimitri," I knew it. It was him.

"Jay!" I shouted. "Long time no see!"

Now that I knew whose idea was this, and knowing that it was Jay's, I stepped forward to hug him excitedly. At the same time, I shoved the cake on his face too. Now, I've got my revenge.

It already showed on his face. He's totally pissed off. 

"It's party time!" screamed Tyler, shooting everyone using the water gun.

And thus, the music was turned up to full volume and everyone partied like there was no tomorrow.

 

Enjoyed the chapter? Don't forget to hit the like button and drop your thoughts in the comments.

If you want to access more of these chapters, kindly join my:

Patreon: 
GallantLassGL

Ko-fi: 
GallantLass

Thank you!

0