CHAPTER 42: What The Heck Happened When I Was Asleep?
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back to Present...

Zeus finally awoke from the deepest sleep he had never known before in his life. The first thing he sees after waking up was the ceiling of the place he hated called the hospital. After realizing he had been hospitalized, he tried to move sidewards for him to look and search the place more. 

"Hey! Don't get me wrong but you're too dumb to play this game. Get away from me," the voice of Glenn was the first thing he heard. Following that voice, Zeus saw the back of Glenn and Ruben facing the hospital's TV while playing a gaming console.

"How dare they used the hospital's TV to play their game," thought Zeus as he glared at both of them. He tried to get out of bed, but he couldn't because he was worried about the tubes attached to his wrist detaching. Instead, he laid down on the bed again.

"You get away from me! You pushed the wrong button, idiot, that's why your almost-wrecked car turned left. You play like a damn beginner. So annoying," defenses Ruben as he tried elbowing Victor's gut while holding the console.

"What? How did my car an almost-wrecked car? Yours is like trash. Why did you even use the---"

The door was then slammed shut with a loud thud. 

"Snack time!" Emily shouted with a very welcoming smile, carrying two bags full of snacks and fruits. As for the poor Zeus, he tried calling the three of them, yet they couldn't hear his voice due to the loud noise coming from the game.

"Yay! Snacks!" the two then stopped their game and proceeded to Emily who carried the food. Behind her were Shira and Sara carrying a basket of fruits.

"Fuckers! This is not for you. These gifts are for Ze---" When Emily glimpsed around the area, he glanced down at Zeus who's finally awake, trying to get up on his own. "Zeus! He's already awake!"

Ruben and Glenn didn't hesitate to switch their attention to Zeus. Both got up and ran after Zeus as soon as they saw him wide awake. They were in tears after seeing Zeus recover consciousness so much for so long.

"Hey, dude! Why do you have to sleep for too long?" Glenn burst into tears, embracing and sobbing from overjoy.

Shira and Sara, the other two girls, set down the baskets they were carrying on the table and were relieved to find Zeus awake. Together with Emily, the three instantly informed their other classmates of the good news through mobile chats.

"H-How many days have I been asleep?" Zeus asked, supporting his head to at least alleviate the headache he'd been getting.

"Three days, fucker! Three days!" Ruben shouted in frustration and smacked the bed. 

The girls then protected Zeus after he got bounced back on the bed by the wave impacted by Ruben's force and then Sara slapped his face. "Be careful, fucker! There's a patient on the bed, hello!"

Ruben turned around. In the end, he was only sorry he hadn't defended himself sooner. "Sorry, 'kay?" He calmly touched his face and stared smoothly at Sara to ease the tension, "Damn, no need to slap my precious face."

"Sigh. Your mom is so worried like shit," stated Shira after she saw the two, Ruben and Sara, fighting for a small thing. She sat down at the nearest chair to relax, "Dang, I can't feel my feet from walking a mile distance."

To alleviate his headache, Zeus took a deep breath and closed his eyes, "What happened... to me?"

"You were stabbed like damn..." Glenn responded, taking off his own jacket, only leaving his shirt behind, "You were stabbed two times if you don't know."

"Two times? "H-How did I get here?"

Ruben stepped in, "Mortal brought you here, idiot."

After Ruben told him the answer, Zeus tried to recall what happened. And when he slowly remembered everything, he got furious with Sir Travis, the one who saved his life. He became so irritated at the thought that he lacked the strength to stand alone. Supposed to be, there's no need for Sir Travis to show up, yet Zeus thought that he ruined everything... including the mission he was supposed to fulfill out there.

"You were lucky he paid the hospital bi---" Ruben didn't finish his statement when Emily elbowed him on his stomach, telling him that he shouldn't use those words in front of Zeus. Ruben then closed his mouth. Except for Zeus, everyone in the room got agitated, and they all scowled at Ruben, briefing him that he had made a mistake.

"W-What?" At this rate, Zeus's eyebrows met, and was suspicious of them, "Hospital bills? What about my mother? Didn't she pay it?"

They all fell silent for they didn't know what to say. As a mere excuse, Emily glanced at one of the apples placed on the table, she then thought about grabbing and handing it to Zeus.

"Sorry, Zeus. I think you should eat this fruit fir---"

"Fuck it! You changed the topic." 

He took off the dextrose connected to the back of his hand and stood up recklessly as if every pain he's feeling had been gone. His friends then became so concerned and at loss for words.

"I questioned all of you! Why didn't my mother pay for it!? I didn't ask for that goddamn Mortal to pay for my bills!" He got off the bed and wore hospital slippers. 

Even though he just regained his consciousness, he got emotionally indifferent in a very manipulative and trigger way. He adored his sparks of passion, the way he sizzled even in bed, but that blaze was too much for his emotions.

"H-Hey, you should stay on your bed. Your wounds are still healing," concerned Sara.

Zeus tried searching for his clothes but then he couldn't find them. And so, he didn't give up. "What do you want me to do then? I don't want to owe anyone! Anymore! I'm tired, okay?"

After a few minutes of standing and moving around, he nearly slumped on the ground from tiredness. Fortunately, Glenn and Ruben were there to grab and support him.

"O-Okay. We understand. But please, stay on your be---"

"Leave me alone," Zeus fought, but he was bit by bit weakened, causing him to stumble again while clutching his head, "I-I have to go... and see my mother." 

"No. Stay here."

Then a familiar voice was heard. People in the room then gazed at this adult young man, who was bowing and smiling composedly to them while glancing at Zeus. Following a gentle shut of the door, he advanced inside the room.

"Oh, it's Mortal," a scorned yet unhappy voice was cast out by Glenn.

"Sigh. Looks like that's our cue," Shira then prodded each of her companions, signaling them to move, "L-Let's go." 

"Bye, Zeus. See you later."

Before they awkwardly went outside, they felt so concerned about Zeus and became wary of Mr. Travis. They haven't entirely trusted him yet, despite the fact that their teacher has done everything he can to earn their trust.

"You should pay attention to the gifts your fans sent to you," Mr. Travis went to Zeus and made him lie down in bed. Rather, Zeus rejected his teacher's aim and resisted. 

"F-Fans? Cut the crap! I heard you paid for the bills. How much is it?" By withstanding too much, he fell down on the bed and silently scratched his head, feeling his headache.

"There's no need to be so serious about small busi---"

"Ah, fuck! Just cut the chase already! How much was it!?"

"Mind your language, dear Zeus."

After Zeus had sat down on the bed, Mr. Travis grabbed the unconnected dextrose, that earlier Zeus had disconnected, and he replaced it with a new one. He positioned the catheter between his thumb and index finger, bevel pointing up, and punctured the vein at a shallow vertical angle of around ten to thirty degrees. At last, he started to put it back gently on Zeus's backhand. 

In short, Mr. Travis applied to Zeus what a nurse should do. Even Zeus was taken aback, unable to comprehend the fact that his teacher could be this handy in terms of situations like this.

"I see, you're still alive." 

Another visitor, Kenneth, stepped inside the room while carrying a small paper bag full of new clothes, and caught Mr. Travis applying a peripheral IV to Zeus. 

"Kenneth?" Zeus wondered. As for their teacher, he was busy attaching the dextrose back to its place again. He was glad to do it though.

"You shouldn't talk like that to someone who saved your life. You're lucky you're still alive right now because of him," Kenneth calmly said, putting the bag on top of Zeus's lap.

Even if he's mad, Zeus openly received the bag, "What do you want me to do then? Say thanks? I didn't even ask him to save m---"

"I'm just here to drop this. It seems like you forgot this."

Kenneth just ignored him and told Mr. Travis that he had just come to drop the bag. Zeus was then even more suspicious, not only to his classmates but to Kenneth as well. His stoic personality didn't change around him, but for Mr. Travis, he suddenly became like an errand boy.

"Thanks, my sweet Kenneth," Mr. Travis smiled.

"Now, I will take my leave," Kenneth headed to the door to prepare to venture outdoors after completing what he had to do, "I wish you the best, Zeus."

After proceeding outside, Zeus was left his jaw open as he was astounded about Kenneth's sudden character. It was a miracle that he wished the best on Zeus even though it's rare for him to say a thing like that. And at the same time, it's a good thing as well.

"Would you care to explain to me what the fuck is happening? All of you were so tense earlier. And when you came in, all of them made their excuses and went out. What the heck? And now, Kenneth was all goody-goody in front of you like damn... You friends now?"

"I will explain to you, dear, as soon as you're released."

"Why not now!?"

"My boy Zeus, your wounds are still healing, okay?" Mr. Travis went to the nearest seat and sat there benevolently, "I apologize for the inconvenience when you have just woken up, so please reconsider that I can't just blurt out the reason right away. I can't just say it because you are still here, recovering." 

The teacher explained it to him very well and so kindly. 

"Those clothes Kenneth dropped off are yours. I brought them for you, boy," Mr. Travis continued, "We will stay here until you regain your health, so until then, recover as soon as you can. Take your time and eat the food your friends brought you. It will regain your stamina in no time," he beamed and sat quietly, guarding the room.

Zeus tilted his head quizzically, "I don't understand. At this rate, I'm gonna lose my mind by overthinking things unduly. I have no idea what's going on." 

"What the heck happened when I was asleep?"

 

Enjoyed the chapter? Don't forget to hit the like button and drop your thoughts in the comments.

If you want to access more of these chapters, kindly join my:

Patreon: 
GallantLassGL

Ko-fi: 
Gallantlass

Thank you!

0