CHAPTER 56: The Money Sender
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes, yes," the eyes of Isabella were in delight, "That is why I want to use it for my busi---"

"What? No! Do not just use it right away!" Zeus accidentally raised his voice and it snapped right through him. He had no purpose to fight with his mother in this manner but what choice could he make? What if they would be in danger after this? What if all of this was just a test? He had to take the hint before it would completely become their downfall. 

"What if that is a social experiment? What if... what if you are to pay it back if you used it all?" Instead of sitting down, he stood up and faced his mother.

Truthfully speaking, Zeus had no intention to provide engagement in his mother's business. It was nowhere near his obligation to assist his mother in regaining control of the firm, and he dislikes having that corporation in their hands as well. But since it was part of their living, he had no choice but to appreciate it. Ever since his father died, they were now relying on his mother's business since they could not seem to inherit all the fortunes that his father left.

"Really? I did not think of that," Isabella was unaware of her son's rising voice, but she pondered what he said. "That thing did not come across my mind."

Isabella was keeping an eye on her family's old company. And now it has gone bankrupt. Now, Isabella's mission was to figure out why the corporation had to go through this, given their family's lineage similarity to the ancient generation. Whether she likes it or not, she will do everything she can to regain it since she does not want the firm to fall into her hands.

If only this business was not taken care of by her, for sure she was now a famous violin soloist. It has been her passion ever since she was young. But all of the determination and desire crumpled into pieces when she had to keep being busy just for their family's business. Thinking it by now, she missed playing her little instrument. Although she does not appear to remember when was the last time she played violin, it was still the best memory she treasures a lot. 

"Think about it, Ma. What if that is a scam? Is not it seem unusual for someone to send you that amount of money so suddenly?" By the looks of it, Zeus stood now concerned about their family's business. 

"Yeah, you are right," Isabella put her hand below her chin as if she was thinking profoundly, "But son, the sender said he is a fan of your father."

"Father?" As Zeus heard his mother mentioning his father, he then calmed down a bit. There was a place in his heart where he was fluttered and felt appreciated even if it was not his name that was cited. But then again, he could still remember the guilt he had when his father died. There was still bitterness and discontentment in him. "Did the sender really say that? Where?"

"Wait, I will get my phone." Isabella immediately rushed to her room to get her phone. She was way too excited that she almost stumbled on her feet on her way to the door. 

Before everything else, he was grateful that his mother had told him of this, even if he had not expected her to act in this manner only for the sake of business. Now that he thinks about it, his mother was not fond of telling him anything, whether it was about business or not; they barely speak with one other. Now that they had to put adjustments together, things may be awkward at times, but at least they get to chat like any other mother and son in a household.

"Here. Look." After his mother was done getting her phone, she immediately opened her phone, accessing her banking information pin. "I wonder why the name of the sender is so familiar. I think I have heard this name before." She showed the current amount of her bank to her son. The same goes for the historical details of her bank, and the sender she mentioned, she showed it to Zeus as well. 

"Wait let me take a closer look," said Zeus.

"Okay, sure." Isabella then pushed the phone onto Zeus's face, like two inches apart.

Zeus saw the current amount of money his mother had as of now, and that he was glued to his spot, unable to move due to dawdling in his mind about the large sum. It was way too good to be true. He acknowledged that they were formerly wealthy and had a lot of money. But it was in the past. Things have altered dramatically since his father's death. Seeing a genuine number like this right now in front of him seemed to choke him up.

After a time of taking a closer look at the phone, Zeus gulped again and shook as he gripped his mother's phone. He searched for the sender's name, but he was too astonished to speak once again. He felt as if reality had slammed into him. It seemed like a swarm of boulders had landed on him as well. He was so flabbergasted that he blinked twice just to read the sender's name properly.

"Ma," he sounded so done and was about to give up. He felt like he was so drained and out of energy. He does not want to see his mother's phone once again.

"Hmm?" Isabella was even more excited deep inside. In her point of view, Zeus was glad to see the amount of money same thing as the sender's name. She could not wait to hear her son's reaction, whether it could be about the money or the sender's name. Either way, she's excited to use the money to revive the company again, although it was already dead a month ago.

"Are you really sure he is the sender?" Zeus asked once more. It was so clear on the screen, and yet he asked still.

"Yes, I am sure. It is already in front of your eyes. Cannot you read it?"

Zeus was still yet processing the name in his mind. Whatever he does, whether it was checking the sender's details or his name, it would still be him. It was not going to change. And, whether it may be true or not, Zeus was not pleased with what he had just observed.

"Why? Did you know this sender?" Isabella pondered.

"Ma!" He shouted, "This is our teacher!" And he finally said it.

"Y-Your teacher?" Isabella then immediately held her phone, but since Zeus was still gripping it so hard that he was still shaking, the both of them were now holding her phone. "This name?" the eyes of Isabella had widened. They had no idea what to do next. All they know was that the sender was a teacher. 

"Yes, Ma! This is exactly our teacher's name!" Zeus responded, sweating. "Travis Mortal!"

0