Chapter 27 – Rui
492 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

( POV of the stalker after he encounter with Achara from chapter 6. )

Under the bright moonlight, Rui was in a daze, lost in his own world. He was none other than the owner of those fierce golden eyes who Achara had met.

He met a beauty today. He thought she was an angel who got lost in the world of mortals.

Everything about her fascinated him starting from her head to toes. Her memorizing pink eyes, beautiful complexion, her long hair that reached to her waist and her blushing face when shy, tickled his heart. Just a smile from her could make all the single males want kneel before her. He slowly traced his lips that collided with hers. The taste of her soft plump lip still remained fresh on his mouth and like a drug, keep him addicted. He remembered when his body accidentally pressed above her. His whole body felt numb and the contact with her soft body lifted his heart like a flame. Everytime he imagined her, it was like getting lost in the abyss of love. He lost under her beauty. Thinking about her, his face shifted into unconscious smirk.
His followers who saw him were all in awe.

It was probably the first time they saw their leader with so many different expressions.
"Did the sun rise from the west? Our leader Rui actually smiles! Our leader's cheek are also red.I think my eyes are playing a trick on me.", one of them said.

Rui had no idea about the gossip of his subordinates. His thoughts were immersed in the beauty he met at the waterfall.
Luckily for him, she left evidence that would help him find to her easier. He carefully took out the item and held it as if it was the most precious possession in the world. He smelled it deeply and made a determination. "Female, I will find you."

Rui was born different. His beast form was something that the beastmen have never seen before. A beast form that possessed special strength.
Abandoned by parents at birth, he was treated like an eyesore who did not belong to any tribe. Because he was different, he was considered bad luck. He grown up with ridicule and rejection. He was chase out of his tribe before he reached adulthood.

His Majesty, the king of Leogord, see his exordinary strength and adopted him as his son. Leogard is the largest kingdom among the five kingdom in this continent. The king was no more than a sponsor who would raise a child for future benefits. The more stronger males in a kingdom, the stronger a kingdom is in Beast World.
Their relationship was not more than a king and his subject. There was no warmth or fatherly affection. Just a tittle.The King provided him with basic needs and let his subordinates trained him how to fight. The stronger Rui is, the more he became useful for the kingdom.

Thanks to the king, nobody dared to disrespect him openly. Still, the beastmen believed he was a feral and did not accept him in their heart. They acted indifferent to him. Other then that, Rui's life was considered to be quite good.

Couple with his extraordinary strength and hard work, he quickly became the best warrior in the Leogord kingdom. He was even quite popular among the females.

Rui and his troops came to this western land to carry on a special mission ordered by the king. The females here were more beautiful compared to other places. Many females were secretly kinapped from the Leogord kingdom at imperial city where the king lived. Even the princess was not left out. The mastermind was a powerful snake beastman who was the leader of the ferals.

Thanks to Rui smart prediction, the king's army trapped the enemy when they tried to escape from the imperial city. When the ferals were cornered, they used poison bomb leaving all the kinapped females affect by the poison smoke. Saving the females was the main priority, so they let the ferals escaped. Fortunately, all the females, including the princess was saved.

The king was furious that his daughter was endangered. He had many sons but only this one daughter. He did not want his daughter and his citizens to suffer like that again.
It was better to exterminate the root before the enemy could come back a second time. The King ordered Rui not to come back unless he captured the ferals.
Rui and his army had been searching nonstop for the enemy for some weeks, but found no traces of the them.

However, Rui had a clue. Of all the places he had searched, only the western land area was considered to be the area that the ferals could escaped without getting tracked. Rui checked the other routes that the enemy could escape. The rest of the route were easy to track with mostly plain land.

There were many aspeouge trees on the route to western land. Aspeouge was a medicine plant used for concealing scent. Although the western land was not near, it was also not very far from the imperial city. The ferals would not be able to escape very far this fast within a short time.

The obvious thing was that raids and kidnapping of females around this area had obviously  increased this few weeks. He assumed that the ferals must have hide their base here in the western land. Rui confirmed his assumption when he found many aspeouge leaves missing on the route to western land.

Meanwhile, Achara was in the middle of her new tribe meeting. Her new tribe was called Ace. Ace tribe was a part of western land.

Yesterday, a female from Ace's tribe was almost kinapped when she went outside of the tribe with her mates. Luckily, she came back safe, but the story was different for her mates who protected her. One of them died, and three of them were badly injured. This news spread to the whole tribe leading to the tribe meeting about the ferals that was held today.

Ferals had been a threat to the tribe as they had a reputation of snatching females away. However, not all ferals liked to kidnap females. There had rarely been any female kidnapping case in nearby areas for decades.

However, things were different lately. A foreign group of ferals had come and they wrecked havoc in western land. These past few weeks, there were killing, snatching food and kidnapping females within the western land. All of these were done by the them. Sometime they openly attacked the whole tribe and raided the area. It was obvious that it is not just one or two ferals but a large number of them. Nobody knew their location or when they would attack. So everyone cannot help be afraid and stayed as cautious as possible.

The chief of Ace tribe was an old ocelot beastmen. His name was Kalazk. He warned the tribe about the possiblity of being attacked. As winter approached, the ferals could target their tribe for food, females and other resources.

Kalazk restricted females to avoid going out of this tribe as much as possible and suggested males not to bring valuable things when they go out so that they would not catch the ferals attention.
He then ordered the adult males to took turns and guard the tribe. He also let someone to always look out for traces of the ferals nearby.

Lastly, he  warned everyone to be careful, "Take care of yourself and be on guard. I will have to attend a meeting concerning this matter with the chief from other tribes. I will be back within five or six days".

The fact that there were many ferals out there that could attack this tribe anytime, made everyone afraid. The evidence that one of the female from this tribe got almost kinapped made it worse.

It was also the same for Achara.
She chose to settle this place for many reasons. It was very far from her previous tribe and was particularly safe, with rare records of ferals kidnapping a female. Plus, she like the scenery here.

After settling and working hard to build her new home and identity, she did not want to move anymore. She sighed, thinking about the future.
"I just hope that everything will be okay."

Instead of worrying, Achara made a large potion of medicines to prepare for injury and flu during winter. She made this especially for the males of her tribe. This medicine would built their immune system and give them resistance to illness and injury, so that they defend the tribe well if it was attacked by ferals.

8