Chapter 36- Got to burn incense and pray to have good luck
282 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"By the way, do you open the reward that I give you?" Kalazk asked her without knowing he was pouring salt at her injury.

He leaned over. Then asked" Do you enjoyed it?" he smiled creepily which gave her goose bump.

It would be better if he did not mention it. When she heard about the reward, her heart was bitter. But she endured and made sure not too show too much emotion. If she said she does not like it, it will be suspicious because all males would at least want to read this at one point.

Her bitterness changed to anxiety. But no matter what, she could not bring herself to say I like that very much.

"That...,". Achara find it difficult to answer Kalazk.

Clara who was clueless asked," What rewards?"

Kalazk smiled at her and answered,"Nothing, my Honey boo, it is a secret between man." Kalazk look at Achara with meaningful eyes.

"I am sure it will be useful, He pet Achara shoulder and added, "Make good use of it."

"I almost forgot, I have good news to tell you. My niece will officially move and lived at this tribe. She will arrive next week."

"What! that sticky bug?"Achara though inside her mind. Achara face looked like she as if she heard a devil will come to her.

"Are you sure this is a good new? Isn't its bad news?" Achara kept that question in her mind only.

"Well, now you two have more opportunity to meet each other," Kalazk smiled.

"This girl is such a cute and gentle girl. She is quite found of you Aron," Clara commented.

"You mean, unreasonable and arrogant?" Achara asked inside her mind.

"Okay, Aron, we will be going now," Kalazk then bit goodbye.

After they were gone. Achara quickly closed her shop in fear of someone deepening her bad mood even more.

Thinking of Melina who was Kalazk's niece, Achara was sick. For her, Melina equal to Trouble. Melina have a crush on Acharas fake male identity and was very persistent in making Achara her mate.

In the past, Melina only came to visit the tribe for only a few days. Even within these few days, she would make sure to turn Achara life upside down and create a commotion.

If Melina were to stay here in this tribe, Achara shivered at that thought. She does not dare to think anymore.

"It seen like I have to burn more incense and do good things. I have a bad luck these days."Achara concluded. Thinking back to her misfortune, Achara just sighed. She went to her room and rest her exhaustion of the day on her soft cozy bed.
..........

Rui was currently, training his army in the open field.

War would not start now as it is going to be winter, the worst season of the year. Another reason was because most feral hibernate at this time. However, there were still chance that they still could launch an attack, so preparation had to be done.

Rui made sure to mix his people on every tribe in the western land. It was a request he made to every tribe leader for their tribe safety and to captured the feral. This way he could catches up to the news. He gave  signal bomb to his subordinates who were on other tribes, so that they could alert him with it if any tribe was under an attack.

A report come from one of his beast men. "Sir, as usual, there are no traces of them."

"Keep looking and report if there are anything new or anything strange." Rui commanded.

Rui asked Wyatt. "Has Yin come back?" Yin was a messenger and a pigeon beast man in the army. A Few days ago, Rui ordered him to survey the area around western land.

"Yes, he arrived last night. Wyatt replied.

"Call him," Rui ordered.

"Sir Rui," Yin greet him with respect.

"During my task, when I first survey the area, I did not find anything strange, but when I tried to fly lower between the mountains valley, I was stopped by an invisible force. " Yin reported what he discovered.

Wyatt who was listening it commented, "A barrier?". Then he looked at Rui who was in deep thoughts.

"Good job," Rui complimented Yin. As expected, there must be an interference of a witch. Only a witch was capable of setting a barrier. Yin answer confirm his assumption.

"Send this to the palace." He handed the scroll to Yin. In this letter, he requested to the palace to have a witch by his side as an ally.

After his fight with the feral last time on his way to the chief meeting, Rui noticed there could be involvement of a witch. The feral suddenly disappear out of thin air. If witches were included in this fight, he could not just relax, he needed a witch by his side to counter their attack.

.........

After a good nap, Achara went into her secret place. A forest garden right at the back of her house. She made sure to cover the place with plants and trees so no one noticed it. It was her training ground. As a female and a cheetah beast man, her strength is limited and could not be compare to a male. Cheetah beast men normally did not have too much strength compare to other beast man like tiger or lion.

During the fight, Beast men transform into their beast form because it was several times stronger than their human form.

With her circumstance, she could not casually transform into her beast form if there was a fight. Her fake identity right now was a male. If she were to transform and someone saw her beast form, they would know that she was a female.

After considering the pros and cons,

she choosed a method to attack from a distance.

She picked up the arrow and tried to focus on the archery target.

"Swittt". The arrow did not hit the bull eye but she still could hit the archery target. Her arrow landed between the blue zone and red zone. There were five zone in Archery target. The zones were as followed in ordered. White, Black, Blue, Red and Yellow with white on the outer most and yellow on the innermost.

"Tsk," Achara clicked her teeth. It was not enough. She could hit her target but not to their vital point, like she aimed. Although it was not to a great level, it was better than when she started practicing archery at beast world.

She did not have any cheat or talent. She was just normal. The only time, she had contact with archery was when she was at high school at her previous life.

It was a short period of time. The reason she joined archery club was simple. There were only a few members for this club and she was one of the victims who was forced to joined the club. Thanks to that she learned some basic on archery

Right now, the feral were so close to them. It was better to leave fate in her own hands instead of hoping for someone or waiting to be safe. Nobody knew what could happened to her tribe or to her.

She had experience what it felt like to be kidnapped two years ago. She was kidnapped by the feral and if she did not manage to escape, she knew that she would also be like the female who were captured. Luckily, they were not cruel enough to beat, starve or kill the female that were captured and no one got psychological trauma. As long as the female were obedient to them of course. But there is no way she could handle being treated like a toy for their entertainment.

She practiced archery there for some hours and then rest when she thought it was enough. She was glad that there's still some time left. Winter was coming and there's very low chance that the feral would launch an attack. Most feral hibernate at this time and also winter was the harshest winter among all the season to survive. Besides, they were unlikely to attack with the news that the imperial army that defeated them last time were here. However, she had to prepare for the worst.

4