Chapter 15: Trigger, Hounds
873 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was going to publish two chapter today, but I couldn't complete the second chapter. I'll try to publish two chapters tomorrow.

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

----------------------------------

One of the brightest countries in the current world, the country where most heroes flock, hoping to shine and gain fame;
 
Japan!
 
Yes, Japan. Japan is such a place, the golden land that shines for mankind, as well as the country that contains many famous and powerful heroes.
 
All  Might,  Endeavor, and others in the top 10 were among the heroes recognized and admired by the world, even if they were only japan's top ten, and were more in demand than any other country.
 
Was it because they were strong? No, there were a lot of people in the world who were as powerful as they were.  So the security they provide in Japan? That's no, either. 
 
Then what is it?
 
All that fame and eyes drawn to Japan was because of All Might itself, a symbol of peace and known as the greatest hero in the world. All  Might's reputation in America and his reputation in Japan, the title of No.1 hero, caused everyone to turn their eyes to Japan.
 
As a result, other heroes gained notoriety, and Japan became desirable territory for beginners.
 
As a result, people from all over the world were flocking to various parts of Japan and various heroic agencies. Every potential hero who wanted to be famous and world-renowned was going to Japan.
 
Even U.A., where All Might trained, was enough to attract people there.
 
Everything was going well for Japan, but there was one thing no one was looking at. 
 
The withdrawal of so many potential heroes to Japan resulted in a high crime rate and a high number of hero shortages in other countries. The heroes of other countries, such as America's No.1 hero "Star and  Stripe", are a deficit that they cannot fill no matter how hard they work.
 
And that's not the only one. Heroism agencies and companies in other countries had trouble finding heroes to protect themselves or possess.
 
There was a huge shortage of heroes outside Japan, freighters, and vehicles likely to be attacked by villains, heroes who could flock to the scene when their company's confidential information was stolen, or heroes who only had to protect important people.
 
If someone wanted to have them, they had to pay large sums of money and call the high levels in other countries, or pay a large amount of money and rent them from Japan.
 
However, this caused great financial and time difficulties for individuals, business owners, or the government.
,
 When the problems arose, there was a company that turned the moment into an opportunity and used that opportunity for itself. The name of this company was unknown to anyone involved, but everyone knew the name of the entity that emerged when the opportunity turned
 
''OHRMG''
 
The OHRMG founder had given up on heroes flocking to Japan like insects swarming into the light, taking advantage of the opportunity, and instead clung to villains who were suppressed, hunted, and ostracized by society.
 
Unlike the heroes who are desired everywhere, the villains who can't go anywhere will do anything as long as they are given the opportunity. They would not miss such an opportunity, whether it was to escape from the country they were looking for or to start a new life.
 
When it comes to following the employer's promises or betrayal, this was something the employer should have thought about. OHRMG was just offering them a way.
 
Which the companies needed was to protect themselves from the villains who were hurting themselves. So as long as proper steps were taken, the villains could be even more useful to them than heroes.
 
So, rich people around the world started joining OHRMG and hiring bad guys for their own business. 
 
***
 
"Something else you want to know?" Wide and simple, but also in the luxurious boardroom, the man who led the meeting finished his speech as he stared fearlessly at the crowd of villains in front of him, with a smile on his face.
 
As one would expect from a businessman, he finished his work without even sweating under the gaze of such a villain that normally anyone would be nervous about.
 
A lot of hands were raised from the crowd, each one of them wanted answers to their questions.
 
The guy turned his head around and pointed at a random person.
 
"Why did you let us go with triggers? Any one of us could have taken the triggers and run away, which is what they do." The man looked out his eye at the distinct gaps in the seats. There were 120 seats in the whole room, and 90 of them were full and 30 were empty.
 
"Oh, them?" The narrator glanced at the empty seats, as if contemptuous of those who were supposed to sit there.
 
"Don't worry about it. Unless the triggers are turned on by us, they will never be able to perform their main function and will be no different from pure water. "An image appeared on the wall behind the narrator. 
 
The image was a 3D copy of the trigger. The man picked up a folding stick and pointed to the device on top of the trigger, which was to show his countdown.
 
'' Apart from showing you the countdown, this device also helps to complete the trigger. The trigger must not come into contact with the air until the last component is put into it, if it does, it will be no different from ordinary water. We're going to give you all a card when we leave this room. This card will allow the material to be dripped into the mixture to complement the trigger inside the device, thereby completing the trigger''
 
'So that's why it happened.' In the man's words, Blake's thoughts were enlightened.
 
The Q&A phase lasted several hours, and finally the event everyone was waiting for came.
 
"Now, you will be given a tablet. The tablets given will be written by companies that want to hire you, their region, their business areas, and the jobs they will give you." In the man's words, men in black and glasses began to enter the conference room. Each one was carrying a tablet.
 
Men in black outfits left the room after handing over tablets to a villain who was startled and triggered by the instant flow of people.
 
Blake didn't care about the whispers in the environment and focused on the tablet in front of him.
 
"Woah...". In addition to being a hundred companies on the tablet, there were also requests from agencies and governments in countries other than Japan. [EN: These Companies that can give jobs at OHRMG,  not rich people.]
 
From civil defense to border protection, from stealing companies' passwords to protecting private individuals, all the work Blake could think of was written on the tablet. And the people who gave them these assignments were companies Blake wouldn't even think of.
 
"Hm?" Blake saw something that caught his attention as he continued to investigate. On top of the tablet was a glowing greyhound logo.
 
Grumpy Greyhound- Protecting American/Japan- Protecting Japan Companies and Affiliated Agencies- Wanted: Revealing your Quirk.
 
"Why does one in five want me?" It wasn't that he was going to pick anyone, he was just curious.
 
"Anyway." Blake couldn't find any motive. After making sure he turned them all down, he waited for the meeting to end.
 
The meeting ended after a few hours. Almost everyone had accepted the recruitment, and from there they would be sent to various rooms in the building and from there they would be sent to new workplaces. Blake put the tablet aside and left the boardroom after receiving the card that was to be given to him.
 
As he walked through the spaciously furnished corridors, he had his card read into the mechanism on top of the tube.
 
Dnnnnn!!
 
Along with a small mechanical clicking sound, the dripping sound was heard through the tube. Blake could see that the mechanism inside the tube was dripping into a green liquid. With the green liquid mixing with the colorless liquid, the liquid inside the tube turned completely green.
 
When the process was over, Blake destroyed the mechanism on the tube with his lightning bolts. If what was said was true, it no longer had to come into contact with the air or the mechanism existed. All he needed was to use it.
 
**
 
"What's the situation?" On the top floor of OHRMG, there were several people in a room. 
 
The 10 men, each dressed in a clean and neat tuxedo or suit, sat at a round table in the room with a comfortable design, staring at the screens in front of them.
 
"25 of our offers have been accepted and only 5 have rejected. The reason for one of the rejections is unclear, but others want us to increase our offer." A man wearing a top hat and a clean-cut shave frowned as he looked at the screen. 
 
"2 of them have the potential to be A-level, while 2 have the potential to be S-level. I'm not against increasing the offer for S levels but A levels... I recommend thinking after looking at their Quirks."
 
"I agree."
 
"I agree."
 
"I agree."
 
Eight of the 10 people in the room agreed with the suggestion of the man in the top hat. Eyes instantly turned to the sleepy man at the head of the table, looking tired at the screen in front of him. The man's demeat was sloppy, unlike that of the people in the room, who didn't seem to care about the meeting, but no one said anything about it. They didn't even try to condemn him.
 
Because he's the one with the eyes rolling right now. He was one of the richest men in the world, one of OHRMG's top five, nicknamed grumpy hound.
 
Grumpy Hound was a man in his 30s with upright hair. Unlike his lethargic posture, he had a fit physique and his tired, sleepy eyes glowed with a glimmer of intelligence. 
 
"The last one?" The Grumpy Hound gave a single look at the screen in front of him without looking the men in the eye. He then rested his head on his seat and closed his eyes.
 
"White, his age, and no other information are known. It has the body structure of a fighter, an extraordinary perception of combat, and the ability to react quickly to changing situations. He's also ruthless and has no mercy for his enemies. We don't know about Quirk. If his Quirk is good, he has the potential to be above S-ranks, if not,He has the potential to become an S-rank only with his combat prowess." The man in the top hat took the position of spokesman for the 9's and began explaining. 
 
"He'd make a good dog. What's the reason for the rejection?'' Upon hearing the information, the eyes of the Grumpy Hound shone with interest. 
 
"He didn't specify. We found out that he had rejected other companies and agencies  and he did not give any reason for any of them." The guy in the cylindrical hat frowned, he didn't understand why Blake turned down such an advantageous offer.
 
"Hmm...." The Grumpy Hound began hitting the sides of his chair, as he only does when he was bothered.
 
Grumpy Hound's repetition of his habit caused nine men to freeze where they were. None of them dared to breathe in a heavy tone.
 
"Anyway, let him go. His loss." The Grumpy Hound stopped after a few minutes and shrugged his shoulders. His frowns and slightly wrinkled face are back to his old tired self.
 
"It's true. If he doesn't show up, it's his loss. It means he missed a great opportunity."
 
"People are really blind nowadays."
 
"Isn't it?"
 
Eight of the nine men flattered the Grumpy Hound for a while before one of them looked at the screen in front of him. Eye walls filled with slight wrinkles- he continued to stare at Blake's mask for a long time before curling into a subtle expression. It was like he was looking Blake right in the eye.
 
The meeting continued with speeches. Each of them gave their opinions on where to appoint the villain they had just hired and exactly how best to use the villain. Even the sleepy-looking Grumpy Hound got out of his sleepy state after a while and returned to his professional form.
 
A few hours passed and everyone headed for their rooms. Looking deeply at the masked photograph of Blake, the man exited the meeting and quickly made his way to his room and entered the room after confirming that no one was following him.
 
After entering the room, he sat in his chair and began to watch the walls in the quiet room for a while.
 
"3...2...1." Counted backward from three in the quiet room. As soon as the count ended, the red light on the edges of the cameras in various parts of the room went out.
 
After waiting a few more minutes to be sure, the man pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number.
 
Dııt! Dıtt!
 
"Hello, brother. What's wrong? Why did you call me?'' A man's voice could be heard yawning from the other side of the phone. 
 
"We don't have much time. Answer my question. Do you still want to join the Hounds?'' The man stood up and began to listen cautiously outside the room.
 
"O-Of course I do. Who wouldn't?'' The man on the other side of the phone answered after doing his best to stabilize his trembling voice.
 
The greyhounds represented nine people under the  Grumpy Hound.   No OHRMG member, especially him, wouldn't want to miss this opportunity.
 
''If you really want that, you need to convince the person in the information I will send you shortly to join us.”
 
"Do I have to convince someone? Is there a specific reason?' If he had a reason, he might be more motivated to convince the person.
 
"Yes, the Grumpy Hound wants him. When he turned down his offer, he repeated his habit." For others, the habit of Grumpy Hound might not have mattered, but for those who watched Grumpy Hound closely, his habit was of great importance.
 
"You say habit..." The person on the other side of the phone has gone quiet. After a while of silence, he answered. "Okay, I'll convince him. Make sure you put me in the hounds."
 
"Leave it to me." When his brother agreed, he rubbed his chest gently before exhaling a sigh of relief. By his brother's ''various'' persuasion methods, there was a good chance that Blake would join the Grumpy Hound. The only problem was his identity and information like that, but that wasn't his problem from now on.
 
"Can I use any method of persuasion?" The voice of the man on the phone suddenly became sly.
 
"Yes. If he doesn't accept it to the end, you can use whatever you want. After all, the media and heroes don't take the death of a villain so badly. Maybe they can even thank us."
 
"I get it, brother. I'll do my best."
 
When the phone hung up, a smile adorned the man's face, reflecting the enthusiasm in his heart. He wanted to be happy like a child right now.

If his brother could recruit Blake, his brother wouldn't be the only beneficiary, as he had a chance to advance one step further and rise to #1 among the Hounds, the man with the top hat.
 
If this happened, not only would his influence and wealth increase, but he would become one of the greatest. He would be as strong as Endeavor and the other heroes,  he could do whatever he wanted in terms of potency and wealth, even without physical strength.
 
Who knows, maybe he could even replace Grumpy Hound.
 
Contemplating with his heart burning with the flames of desire, the man had stars in his eyes as he stared at the ceiling before laying himself down on the bed.
 

20