Chapter 33: Approaching Hopeless Fate.
554 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Nejire glided over the battlefield and stared at the ground. Yellow spiral waves were emanating from her hands and the soles of her feet.
 
That was her, Nejire Hado's Quirk. It allowed Quirk to use her vitality to generate spiral energy waves. 
 
 Nejire was completely different from her normal self as she floated through the air. She was normally pure, childlike with a smile as bright as the sun, but now she was serious, her eyes sharpened like an eagle's, never leaving her target for a single second.
 
Her sharpened gaze was fixed on the ground, holding herself aloft with spiraling Energy waves, waiting for the opponent to emerge.

 It didn't take long. Her opponent appeared after a while.
 
A head full of blond hair rose before the ground of the empty battle arena. Then Mirio appeared with a smile hanging from his face.
 
Mirio pulled his body off the floor and began to take deep breaths. But Nejire wouldn't give him that opportunity. She stopped the energy waves and left his body in the hands of gravity.
 
If it was Nejire before Blake's training, maybe she'd let him. However, after Blake's training, she had gone to a whole different level in terms of controlling the battle.
 
She was getting closer and closer to the ground with a smile on her face. When he was 30 feet from the ground, she aligned her hands forward and used her Quirk with a 15% vibrancy output.
 
Bhop! Bhop!
 
The sound of the air being pushed echoed on the battlefield. Large spirals of energy emerged from Nejire's hands and piled on top of Mirio.
 
Mirio was trying to breathe, but when he saw the attacks coming at him, he quickly used his Quirk and dived into the ground.
 
Nejire landed and put her hands on the ground. 
 
Waves of 2% Energy were constantly coming out of her hands. The successive waves of energy continued to be injected into the ground and shattered the ground from within.
 
The ground of the battle arena began to tremble. With every second that passed, it was shaken. After a few seconds, a large amount of fractures appeared on the floor, the fractures spread to the ground like a cobweb.
 
Crack! Bam!
 
With increased fractures, the ground lost its integrity and disintegrated.
 
Nejire was going to continue, but because she saw a punch coming from her left side, she stopped the energy outlet and put her head back.
 
The punch went past her face. With the wind she felt near her face, she could tell that this punch was material.
 
Her eyes lit up. She bent her waist like a snake and put her hands on the ground. She pulled her legs off the ground and kicked the area where Mario's arm met his chest
 
"Tsss..." Mirio had a hiss from his mouth with the sharp pain he felt from the armpit area. But Nejire had no intention of allowing him to suffer. 
 
Her hands, grasping the ground, moved. Her body turned on the ground and aligned her feet to Mirio's chest, then kicked him with both feet.
 
Mirio wanted to use his Quirk,  but he couldn't do it. He had just come off the floor and needed to breathe. [EN: For those who do not know, Mirio can't breathe while using his Quirk. Sound, light, and air pass through when Mirio uses his quirk, so he can neither see,  hear or breathe while in a substance .]
 
Thud! Thud! Thud!
 
Mirio staggered back. After pushing Mirio's chest with his feet, he sent energy waves to Mirio.
 
"It's coming in a row," Mirio spoke in a muffled tone. There was a sharp pain in his chest and armpit area, and the pain was ampenating with every move, but that wasn't enough to make him give up.
 
"HAAAAAA..."" He took a deep breath and used his Quirk. The energy waves passed through his body, his body descended and disappeared into the ground.
 
Nejire took the war position by tilting her body. Her pale blue eyes shone with caution, spirals of energy forming with her Quirk were forming in her fingers, ready to dash.
 
'Don't be impatient, wait for the perfect moment. You've only got one chance.' Nejire reminded herself by counting in the same way over and over again.
 
She might seem like she was doing well right now, but she knew Mirio's combat experience was superior to her, and she was sure he could find a way out of here.
 
So she decided to use the technique she acquired six months ago and has been working to improve ever since. 
 
With this technique, she was almost certain to beat Mirio, but she only had one chance. The technique required a lot of control and attention, and a single carelessness on the battlefield could cause the technique to backfire.
 
It was fair to say that she had only one chance to succeed, and if she missed that opportunity, she would lose this match. And she didn't want that.
 
With her boyfriend watching her, she didn't want to miss her last chance and screw up. He wanted to take 1st place with her and make him proud of her.
 
The wait didn't last long, Mirio, who needed the air, decided to attack. 
 
His body bounced off the floor. He turned to Nejire, opened his index and middle finger forward, and pushed his hand into Nejire's eyes.
 
Every enemy who fell into this situation would close their eyes to protect them. Nejire had to close her eyes even if she knew about this technique, and if she didn't, he had the opportunity to attack her eyes.
 
Thing!
 
But it didn't work out the way he thought it would. When his fingers approached Nejire's face, a subtle yellow wave of energy wrapped Nejire's head like a second skin.
 
''Ha?''
 
"Now!!" Nejire aligned her hands in front of him. After transferring her vitality to the energy waves, she activated her Quirk.
 
"Nejire Hado, Crush the Untouchable." Like any hero, she shouted the name of her new super move. The energy waves coming out of her fingers began to vibrate as if triggered by it.
 
The tremor was visible to the human eye. 
 
Mirio didn't feel the first wave of the attack. He intended to walk through the waves of energy that were passing through him.
 
But what happened next caused him to stop his steps.
 
Vhooşş!!
 
The energy waves he could feel on his face caused his eyes to expand. The smile stuck to his face was replaced by confusion. 
 
Thanks to his Quirk, everything had to go through him. But he could feel Nejire's attack. It didn't have much effect, yet he could feel the energy waves crawling through his skin like a snake and passing by after stroking his entire face.
 
Mirio's surprise would not stop the attacks from continuing. 
 
Although the attacks trembled every second, there were noticeable changes. The vibration changes every second, and sometimes the longitudinal gland vibrates transversely. Every second, it was changing shape to get to Mirio's wavelength.
 
After a few seconds, the waves finally hit Mirio.
 
Like a hunter locked in his prey, Nejire's eyes widened. Her eyes lit up with the glimmer of opportunity and he conveyed all the rest of her vitality.
 
Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!
 
There wasn't much after that. Mirio, who lost his only privilege, was no different from an overtrained person. He was sent to the arena wall and eliminated by the waves.
 
"Nejire  Hadois the winner of the tournament with one last big attack." The shouting started to be heard. Cheers echoed across the battlefield as the audience stood up and applauded.
 
However, none of this was reaching Nejire. There was a tired look in her eyes, her breathing was erratic. Her legs were shaking and it was threatening to fall. Cold sweat covered her body.
 
After a few seconds, her legs gave up and she started falling to the ground. However, instead of the cold floor that greeted her, she got a pair of strong arms, whose warmth she loved, and a breath she was addicted to.
 
"Congratulations, Nejire." Blake pulled her into his arms. For Nejire, all the other voices became muffled, only the voice of the man she loved was as clear as ever. 
 
"Hehe..." He had a bitter laugh. The words now were worth all her efforts. It was definitely worth pushing through the trouble of breathing in particular.
 
**
 
By the time Nejire won the tournament in the third year, the first years had just begun.
 
The U.A. did it on purpose. Their goal was to increase the popularity of the new shining stars, Class 1-A. 
 
Popularity was one of the most important requirements for a hero, and the more popular a hero was, the more impact he could have and the more he could touch people's hearts.
 
After all, no one would listen to an unknown and unrecognized hero.
 
Therefore, their goal was to coincide with the end of the activities of the other two years to coincide with the beginning of the activity of the 1st year and to attract everyone there.
 
Their plan was working. Two events were over, and people were flocking to the first year's event.
 
The first event of the year, the hurdles. It consisted of several stages, and these stages were built around the stadium.
 
The race started, the year 1 started by pushing each other for priority. And in proportion to that, they quickly reached a stalemate.
 
They were stuck at the entrance.
 
This was the first hurdle. It was a naturally occurring obstacle, created using the haste of young people.
 
In this congestion, people who used their Quirk effectively and quickly got out of the crowd would gain an advantage.
 
And that's what happened. An ice wave doubled the crowd and caused someone to pass through them.
 
This person was a young man with red and white hair parted in the middle, two different eye colors, brown and blue, and an expressionless face. 

It was Shoto Todoroki that Teka was paying attention to on the big screen right now.
 
"He's got pretty good control over the Ice Quirk. He doesn't need to use the flame in this race. He can beat them all with ice and be first." Teka spoke with an ordinary look on her face. Her grandson was certain to win first place if there were no problems.
 
"R-Right Mom." Unlike her, Enji was sweating from the inside out.
   
Shoto's at the robot hurdle. Using his Quirk, he quickly disarmed them and cleverly eliminated his enemies.
 
But this scene wasn't just an area where he would shine. It was an area where 1-A students like Bakugo, Yaoyorozu, Iida, Uraraka, and Jiro, as well as 1-B students, would shine. Using their Quirk, they quickly overcame the first obstacle and headed for the second obstacle.
 
"If you fall, you're eliminated! If you don't want to fall, go slowly, crawl, or do something!! It's "The Fall." Present Mic's shouting was like an audible introduction to the scene in front of them. 
 
 
It didn't take long for the 1-A students to get through here, most of them had quirks suitable for the situation and were able to get through this stage by using their Quirks effectively.
 
This time there was someone who was particularly glowing. That was Mei Hatsume.
 
"This girl... She can be hired." Teka had a complex expression as she stared at the girl who was explaining her tools to the audience with a smile on her face. Her inventions worked, and if supported by someone, she was destined to be great as long as her personality was honed.
 
"Isn't he the son of Endeavor?"
 
"Yes, almost from the blood of the man who could compete with All Might."
 
Unlike Teka, the audience was so enthralled by Shoto's performance that they missed out on the performances of Mei Hatsume and others who were relatively less radiant than 1-A.

"Heh, almost? You can't even get close to that personality." Teka put her arm around her leg and a sarcastic smile appeared on her face as she rested her hand on her head.
 
Her sarcastic smile insulted Enji,  but for others, it took her beauty to the skies and caused blood to come from her two nostrils.
 
Boing! Boing!
 
She tilted her body forward, her plump breasts tucked away by the outfit fluctuated slightly. For people with bleeding noses, this was the last move to cross the line. Their heads are lying back. Blood was gushing from their noses, forming a bloody fountain.
 
 
"Onii-chan/Husband/###-kun!!"" The painful cries began to be heard in the stadium. But it only resonated for a few seconds before disappearing amid people's excited shouts.
 
"Ottto~~ There seems to be a bloody problem on the south side. The police-- what? No problem? Are you sure about that? Ok then. Let's move on." 
 
 
The event continued without hesitation. And the final course resulted in Midoriya winning with the moving one that surprised everyone.
 
"Isn't this his student?" Her eyes were focused on Midoriya.
 
His smile-inclined facial expression, his determination to be polished, and his never-giving-up personality, looked just like him. And the air around him, which others didn't see, but she could easily notice, and the ghostly silhouettes showed that he'd already passed on his power to him.
 
"When the time comes, I have to make sure I know everything." 
 
It was a second-round cavalry race. Teka was filled with some expectations, especially at this stage. She hadn't had a chance to see the flame Quirk, as the previous round was easy and most of the phases required her to use the ice Quirk.
 
But this tour wasn't like that. This round was a three-on-three battle, and his Enji-trained grandson needed to know that he had to use the flame Quirk this round.
 
He could have won by using his Ice Quirk, but using his Flame Quirk would have given him an easier victory.
 
The tour began and those who were not eliminated from the previous round turned to the person with 10,000,000 points.
 
 
The war was raging. Some groups targeted 10 million points, while others did not go into the thus. Each of them used different tactics to advance to the next round.
 
Enji was paying attention to Shoto from the start, but after a while, he was distracted. His back was covered in a cold sweat, the looks he felt from his side caused him to tremble slightly and his hardened heart to beat wildly.
 
"My grandson... Why he doesn't use his Quirk?''

Even though Teka was looking at a lot of things throughout two turns, she hadn't taken her attention off her grandson for a single second, and what she realized was that for some reason he wasn't using her Quirk.
 
Rather than training or making things difficult for himself on purpose, it was as if he was deliberately avoiding using his Quirk. 
 
"Gulp* how about we talk at home, Mom?" He suggested it with a wry smile on his face. He was doing everything in his power to suppress his trembling voice. The look on his face trembled uncontrollably and he struggled to replace it with fear, but he resisted it of all will.
 
Seeing the painful fate getting closer and closer every second made it very difficult, but he tried to resist as much as he could. He couldn't have done anything to dishonor him
 
Her fists clenched, slightly visible from Teka's arms clasped under her breasts. Veins appeared on her wrists. Her lava hair turned orange, and the side gaze that turned to him bore the gaze of a focused tiger waiting to jump.
 
"Ok." After a few long seconds, she agreed. Her clenched fists are loose. Her hair's back to normal.

After all, her son could not escape anywhere. If there was a problem, she would make sure to punish her son well.
 

The second round ended quickly and the lunch break came. Students and spectators headed out to eat, enjoy the festival with friends/family members/lovers.
 
"Come, let's go see my grandson." Teka got up from where she was and headed for the exit. Unconscious people stood with their backs straight and engraved Teka's sexy backside, even at the cost of being slapped by loved ones.
 
 
SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! SLAP!
 
As Teka and Enji left the stands, a coordinated slap echoed through the stadium. The slaps were loud enough to drown out the human noise for a few seconds.
 
 

15