Chapter 35: Unwanted Help
488 10 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Although Todoroki's mistake was resolved, the impact he left behind was enormous.
 
Hero agencies were rushing to the phones and trying to recruit him. Together with Todoroki, they could root out the villain in their area. Even if they left him alone with the power of his Quirk, all their problems could be solved.
 
There was a good side and a bad side, and there were those who wanted Shoto to be contained and banned from roaming with such great power. They were startled by the unconscious damage of Shoto's Quirk, and they were frightened by what might happen if that person one day got angry or took the side of the villain.
 
A faceless man and his student, who used his hand as a mask, had also prioritized Shoto.
 
But, they were suppressed and destroyed by an unidentified person.
 
"It's done, ma'am."
 
"It's good. If they try to cause trouble again, take greater precautions. No one can subjugate my grandson." Teka's eyebrows frowned upon. Her bright blue eyes became as cold as polar waters.
 
The unidentified person was Teka herself. Unlike Shoto, class 1-A, and U.A, she was aware that such a spectacle would trigger bad feelings in people and had ordered her subordinate to slap these people on their heads as soon as it happened
 
"Of course. Well, good day, ma'am."
 
''Hm.'' She hung up the phone recklessly.
 
The event continued. After Todoroki and Sero, who were defeated without any moves, Denki and Ibara fought. She won by a landslide. Then the war between Iıda and Mei Hatsume began.
 
Mei Hatsume used Iıda as a publicity doll. At the end of the war, she gave up and wiped the sweat off her forehead. She had a satisfied look on her face.
 
"This girl can be hired." Teka nods her head with approval. Mei Hatsume and her potential could multiply the value of the tech companies she owned many times over.
 
She took her phone again and touched the number.
 
"Yes, ma'am." The other side opened it in the third second of the call.
 
"Buy the company of Mei Hatsume's choice. Make sure not a single piece of stock is left outside.” She crossed her proportional leg over the other. She continued speaking, ignoring the way people around her looked at her legs.
 
"O-OK. But why the company? Why don't we just hire her? Wouldn't that cost us nothing?'' The person on the other side of the phone stuttered when he heard the potential amount of the purchase.
 
"Are you stupid?" Teka looked at the phone with suspicious eyes. She never thought there was someone so stupid in her company.
 
"I'm sorry, ma'am. Yes, I'm an idiot. Please explain it to me."'
 
"Hah." She supported her nose belt with her fingers. She sighed slightly.
 
“Mei Hatsume has called out to about 10 or 20 big companies, and she's going to get internship offers from all them. It may seem like she's calling out randomly from her show, but she's probably already chosen in her mind where she's going to intern. Which I think the Mei girl wouldn't stupidly throw away this chance. The company she'll choose will be a hidden gem and this will lead to an increase in our companies not only in the Japanese market, but all over the world. ''
 
"Do you understand?"
 
''I-I get it. I-I will act immediately."
 
...
 
Fumikage Tokoyami and Momo's fight ended fast. The fight ended with Tokoyomi's overwhelming advantage. No matter how hard Momo tried, she couldn't move past Tokoyo's "Dark Shadow" and was defeated.
 
Momo was standing there watching Tokoyomi leave. She never expected to be defeated like this, it was among the possibilities of being defeated, but being defeated by an overwhelming superiority before she took another step was something she did not expect.
 
She felt something hit her heart. The final blow that shattered her lady honor came with it. Right now, she was realizing how arrogant and naive she was when she started U.A. Real life was more brutal than she expected.
 
Worst of all, her loss happened right in front of Blake, her only fan.
 
While she still doesn't know the reason for Blake's admiration for herself, the thought of such a crushing defeat in front of her only fan's eyes and his disappointed expression amplified the impact of the defeat on Momo.
 
She turned and headed towards Blake. Her gaze was fixed on the ground, unable to look straight at Blake.
 
"I'm sorry, Blake-san. I disappointed you." As she came to mind when she thought the U.A. might be easy for her, a hysterical smile appeared on her face.
 
"It was an easy victory." In Blake's words, Momo nod her head. The little lady in her heart, the crumbs of pride were falling apart.
 
"If you'd prepared properly. You lost because you didn't prepared and panicked during the fight. If you had done these things, Tokoyomi would have no chance against you." Blake shrugged his shoulders and said his thoughts.
 
"Eh?" Momo looked at Blake and tilted her head to the side in a bewildered expression that revealed she was confused. There was an invisible question mark on her head.
 
'Do not look at me like that. I'm just telling the truth. If you prepare properly, none of the 1-A students can beat you.” Blake thought that if she prepared, she could even defeat Midoriya, who had the power of All Might. It just needed to be prepared properly.
 
Blake learned Momo's Quirk through Present Mic, who screamed in the background, and instantly predicted that she could be invincible as long as she could prepare properly.
 
[EN: Momo remains a bit underrated in anime and I plan to take her potential out completely in this series.]
 
''Eh? R-Really? I don't think so, frankly, I'm weaker than others. My Quirk...'' Momo tried to explain to Blake with strange hand gestures. She didn't think she was as great as Blake said.
 
If Blake had told her that before, maybe she'd have believed his words. However, her constant defeats to Shoto, Tokoyomi, Bakugo, and even Midori caused her to lose confidence in her strength and Quirk, even developing a small inferiority complex.
 
 
Momo had entered U.A proudly, and these people had repeatedly torn her pride to pieces, showing her that she wasn't all that great.
 
"So I couldn't do anything worthy of you trusting me or admiring me so much. I don't want to disappoint you again, so...''
 
''I wasn't disappointed, I don't need to. After all, I know you can beat him if you want." Another fight started as Blake was talking to Momo. He came to the front of the stage and sat down, slapping the empty floor next to him twice.
 
Momo reached out to him in a few steps and sat down. Her gaze was fixed on Blake's face. She wondered why the person in front of her was more sure of her than she was.
 
She waited for him to answer, but it didn't seem like Blake had any intention of answering.
 
It's Tetsutetsu and Ejirio's turn. The two took to the stage and fought a never-ending battle using their similar Quirks.
 
Tang! Took!
 
The sharp sound of iron and the solid sound of stone echoed in the arena. Sparks were flying all over the arena, only the slamming of fists could be heard in the arena.
 
Their never-ending battle continued, and eventually, Midnight separated the pair and decided to settle their fight differently.
 
Arm wrestling. After a fierce battle, Eijiro won with a small advantage and qualified for the next round.
 
"It was good... fight" Eijiro, whose drawing style had changed, offered his hand to Tetsu in a heroic tone. With the light shining on him, he looked heroic.
 
"Khe...". Tetsu clicked his tongue. A bitter smile appeared on his face, whose drawing had changed. He took Eijiro's hand.
 
"Aha~ Youth."
 
After the little racket, it's time for Uraraka and Katsugi Bakugo to fight.
 
Uraraka's brows were furrowed in tension. Her eyes were narrowed with worry, her palms were covered with sweat. Her heart was beating hard as if it wanted to break through her chest.
 
By contrast, Bakugo stepped into the arena unaffected. His hands were in his pockets, and he had a mundane look on his face.
 
"Blake-kun, this is where you come in. Bakugo has a huge advantage over Uraraka. Adding to the difference in the strength of their quirks, unintended injuries can occur. My Quirk is incapable of responding in an emergency. You need to go out there."
 
"Ok." Blake nodded to Midnight. He entered the field, leaving Momo, who was looking at him with curiosity.
 
Within a few steps, he reached out to the two. He raised his hand on both sides. Ignoring the skeptical and questioning glances staring at him, he began to explain.
 
"I'm your referee in this match. I will deal with any injury that threatens your life or darkens your future. Is it understood?'' Blake started looking at Uraraka in the middle of his words. His actions made clear the reason for his warning.
 
"U-Understood." Uraraka's fists are clenched. She knew that this rule was brought for her, and she knew that she could suffer a great wound while fighting against Bakugo.
 
She got into a fight. She bent her legs slightly, bringing her fists in front of her face. Even if this warning was to her, she would not back down. She would win. Here she would win and shine like Deku.
 
Her parents were watching her. She couldn't be beaten while they watched. She had to show that she was growing up and strong enough to help them.
 
That's why she was going to win. She should have won.
 
"If both sides are ready, start." Blake waved his hands down after receiving a quiet endorsement from Bakugo and took a few steps back.
 
 
The fight, no what can now be called a war, began as Uraraka rushed towards Bakugo. The fight in the anime took place.[EN: Season 2 9. Open and watch the episode, I don't want to describe it.]
 
"Hey, didn't that go a little too far?"
 
"Yes. How is what he does different from torturing a girl?''
 
"Blind referee, isn't it obvious that she was defeated?
 
"Never mind the ref, isn't this kid the hero of the future? How's he going to be a hero with this vigor? If there's such a difference between your skills, quickly send her off the field."
 
As time went on, people started to get angry. Bakugo's moves against the desperately attacking Uraraka were brutal. Bakugo dominated and guided the war. However, for some reason, he did not throw Uraraka off the field and continued to attack her excessively.
 
People took pity on the girl who was fighting helplessly and tried to get their nerves out by yelling at Blake and Bakugo. They wanted him to finish this as soon as possible so they wouldn't have to see any more of the girl in pain.
 
It was pretty ironic. The suffering girl herself had not yet opened her mouth. Although she could finish this job by saying simple words like I give up, she was attacking non-stop, but the people who pity her and did not want to see her helplessness anymore asked the referee to end this war.
 
"Hey, stupid ref. Finish this. Right now!''
 
"BOOOO, stop this match. Weren't you the one who said, ". I will deal with any injury that threatens your life or darkens your future."? What are you waiting for to intervene? Her death?''
 
People changed their targets without expecting any response from the servers. They pointed their swords at Blake and tried to suppress him.
 
All eyes were on Blake, the invisible pressure of human unity crashing into his back in waves. Nerves had taken over their thoughts, and their snake-venomous tongues hurled insults at Blake.
 
"Blake didn't do anything..." Nejire frowned. A small seed appeared in her goodwill towards the people in her heart. Her boyfriend didn't do anything. He hadn't taken his eyes off the two of them, especially Uraraka, for a single second since the beginning of the battle. Anyone could understand that if anything happened to the two of them, he would take action.
 
However, people were insulting the innocent Blake as if they were blindfolded, trying to suppress him and force him to act
 
For the first time, Nejire saw how selfish and frightening people can be.
 
"There, there. Look, Blake hasn't said anything yet. You know he'll be the first to act in any dissatisfaction." Rumi started rubbing Nejire's hair.
 
Her attitude and actions seemed to be trying to calm Nejire down, but she was now looking for a target to dispel her desire to punch the stupid people around her.
 
She knew how cruel people could be. She had seen people who were ruthless, selfish, corrupt, consumed by the desire for power, but it was the first time she had seen people turn their backs so easily on a hero who had perhaps repeatedly disregarded his life for their own sake.
 
She knew Blake didn't do it, but the others didn't, and witnessing them do it to him without even thinking about it tarnished her feelings for people.
 
Besides, this testimony made her think more than Nejire.
 
If a similar situation had happened to her and it caused people to feel danger or fearful, would they have attacked her this time? Even though she saved them many times and sacrificed her life for them many times, they would turn their swords to her, disregarding what she had done.
 
Rumi couldn't answer her questions. Her eyes turned to the white-haired youth in the middle of all the people's oppression.
 
Even though he was just standing there, his reckless attitude was quite contrary to the nerves of the people around him. Although he stood there stationary and said nothing, his quiet and reckless attitude was very harsh. It was like he didn't put people in his sights.
 
Rumi decided to talk to Blake when they left. The questions in her head could have damaged her future heroic career and she didn't want that to happen.
 
Blake looked around. The instant return of the eyes of almost 100,000 people to him put unconscious pressure on him. A hundred thousand pairs of eyes were like 100,000 knives pierced his skin. If someone else were in place, he'd shrink and feel an instinctive feeling to escape the target of the eyes that somehow look eerie.
 
But as he stood there, his lips curled up. It was a great opportunity for him.
 
"Thank you for showing my girls your true face and putting the first barrier in the future that stops them from sacrificing their lives for you." The problem with Blake's mind for a long time was solved involuntarily by people.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
16