Chapter 55: Change of Plan For Teka
299 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

-------------------------------------
While Blake and the girls were having fun shopping, other things were happening at Todoroki's house.
 
In the inner courtyard of the Todoroki house, in the south-facing room with the open doors, two people were facing each other. One of them was Endeavor, who had the fierce expression and the fierce gaze of a lion. He was dressed in heroic outfits that showed he had just returned from his patrol, but unlike normal, his stubble and red hair were exposed rather than flaming.
 
The man opposite him was the Hawks, who had ash-yellow hair and a light beard. He had folded his wings as red as the man before him as he sat on his knees in front of the table where he had placed his teacup.
 
"So... this guy has a speed that even you can't catch. Moreover, by his estimation, he has a more terrifying personality than most heroes, and is known for nothing but his high speed and lightning.'' Endeavor's eyes are squinting. He thought it was a troubling situation.
 
"Yes, it is. He's not afraid to kill, and when we met six months ago, he was like an angry animal. It scared even me. He also knows how to use his lightning bolts." Keigo rubbed his forehead with his fingers before sipping his tea.
 
Not only was this villain a big problem, but it made him feel a headache to think about what would happen if he joined the Villain League.
 
"So, what exactly do you want from me?" Enji asked while maintaining his stern expression. He admitted it was a big problem, but he had responsibilities.

Checking out and patrolling his agency was just one of the things he had to do. He was supposed to regularly train his trainees, fix problems in the patrol area and villain, etc. He couldn't be constantly looking for an overly fast villain.
 
"I don't want anything big from you. All I ask is that you answer my call when the time comes.”Hawks put his hand in his pockets and pulled out an object.  The object was a pager in the form of a walkie-talkie, but without any buttons, it was one-sided.
 
"What exactly are we going to do with this call?" Endeavor stared at the device before taking it. He extended his hand slightly. He felt that the call from this pager was of great interest to him.
 
After the two talked for a while, Hawks stood up. Not a single grain of dust had stuck to him, but he still scooped up his top and shook his head with a mild expression.
 
"Thank you." Hawks stretched their arms and wings. There was a comfortable murmur coming out of his mouth. There were already nine of them with Enji, and there were only two left to go. One of them would come for sure if he explained everything, and the other should come when her desire for war thought.
 
He solved a big villain problem with this. The road to a bright future felt a little more enlightened. He was a little closer to his purpose, to his goal, to the redemption of his past
 
With this, no matter how strong or fast, he shouldn't be able to get away with them, right? That was how it was supposed to be, but why did he still feel uneasy?
 
"I'm sorry to bother you. I'm going to go now."' He shook his head slightly to get the unease out of his head and turned around to leave. 
 
Enji put his hands on his knees and lifted himself. He began to walk behind him to escort the Hawks out.
 
They left the room and began to walk from the southern part overlooking the garden. The sun was hanging in the sky, the sounds of birds filling their ears. Properly cut trees and plants were properly distributed into the garden. Contrary to the personality of the owner of the house, the garden was tidy and calming.
 
"Fu... Fuuu... Fuu....'' As the Hawks walked down the aisle, he began to hear heavy breathing noises. The sound of meat punching the board and the harsh noises of kicking the ground could be heard comfortably.
 
"Do you have a guest?" He looked at Enji over his shoulder and asked. Natsuo and Fuyumi shouldn't be home, and with Enji's personality, he wasn't the kind of guy who would invite friends into his house. 
 
"My father. He's been staying with us for a while." Enji put his arms together on his chest and began to look where the voices came from. He might have been close to the Hawks, but he didn't intend to share his privates, especially the one that hurt him, with anyone but his family.
 
"Ok."  Hawks shrugged. He could see Endeavor's reluctance to speak, and he had no intention of arguing over the matter, to which he was uninterested. He had gotten what he wanted and could count the day as a success.
 
**
 
After Blake and Nemuri (Midnight) talked for a while, Blake and the girls went to the cashier's place to finish their shopping, while Midnight left them to finish their shopping.
 
Before leaving, however, he obtained permission from the girls to visit their house later on.
 
The girls wanted to deny it at first because they knew Nemuri's personality, but Nemuri was completely different from Midnight at school. If Midnight at school was sadistic, flirtatious, and emphasizing her femininity, she had a personality like the next-door sister they could get along with. It was like she had two different personalities.

The girls agreed on the condition that it was Nemuri Kayama who came to their house.

The girls and Blake started walking home with the bags. Along the way, they spent time having daily conversations, listening to Nejire's stories, listening to Blake's interesting stories. They reached home amid such pleasant times.
 
Blake opened the door and led the girls into the house. 
 
The house was shady. The lights from the living room lit up the inside of the house. A warm heatwave from inside the house was stroking the group's hair and face. Blake started walking in front of the group.
 
"Girls, what do you want to do?" Blake took the bags from Rumi. He looked over his shoulder at the girls and asked. The girls followed Blake like little ducks following the mother duck.
 
"How about watching a movie?" Nejire suggested taking turns looking at the girls. There was more excitement in her testimony than usual. Watching movies with so many people, especially those she might call friends, would finally make a dream come true.
 
"It's a good idea, I make the snacks." 
 
"I'll pick the movie." 
 
"T-Then I have... I'll wait until the food is ready." Unlike Fuyumi and Rumi, Momo was worried that it might be rude to do what she wanted in a house that wasn't her. So she decided to wait in the living room until the food was ready.
 
"It's ok. Wait for us in the living room." Blake went into the kitchen with the girls who came after him.
 
Momo nodded to where Blake had disappeared. After standing still for a while, she made her way to the living room. Also, in this little time when she could be alone, she tried to organize her newly realized feelings and thoughts.
 
Blake's help to her was not normal. From the moment they first met, he had been helping her without asking for anything in return. If a teacher had done this, he would have understood. The teachers saw that the future was theirs and tried to educate them in every way.
 
But it was a peer who did it. Considering Blake's empowerment by sacrificing his development time without ulterior motives, it was hard not to look for ulterior motives.
 
However, Momo threw this possibility out of her mind. She had nothing to give Blake. She was rich, but he didn't need money considering one of his girlfriends was from the Todoroki family.
 
As for using the background and the effect... it seemed unlikely. The Todoroki family had that too, and one of his girlfriends was the 6th rank pro-hero Mirko.
 
As for her potential to become a great hero in the future, she didn't think she could be compared to Blake. It wasn't a question of self-confidence. Momo's self-confidence was fully restored, and only a few shards of her former self-confidence remained. However, she still didn't think she could compete with Blake in any way.
 
Especially after that week of training, she saw what a terrible power and combat experience Blake had, and stopped comparing herself to him a long time ago.
 
When all this was taken out, Blake was helping her out of pure goodwill and sincerity. As if... 
 
It was as if they had met in their previous lives and Blake had empathized with her, and now, when they met, he helped her grow stronger and better.
 
''... Impossible."'  Momo had a sarcastic smile on her face.  It was completely stupid for a rational and intelligent girl like her to think such ridiculous thoughts and possibilities.
 
Momo walked into the living room not knowing how accurate her prediction was. 
 
“...” She stopped at what she saw. She turned her head around in surprise. She had never seen so many papers, computers, and graphic tables together, even in the works her family brought home.
 
“You are… Momo Yaoyorozu, right?” Teka, standing in all her majesty among the papers, turned her head towards Momo with the sound of footsteps. Her azure eyes narrowed, emitting a faint glow that could rival two precious stones.
 
"Y-Yes, T-Teka... Mrs.Teka." Momo folded her hands in front of her. Feeling Teka's stern gaze on her made her tense.
 
"Teka-san is enough. You seem to have a plan. When I'm done with my work, I'll move the papers to my room." Teka turned her head to the task in front of her and paid no more attention to Momo. She aligned one arm under her chest and, holding the elbow of the other arm, tried to investigate the graph in front of her and come up with a conclusion.
 
Momo shook her head. She took a quick look around, then walked over to one of the chairs. After placing the papers on the chair neatly on the floor, she sat down and began to examine the surroundings.
 
"Hm?" Momo's eyes were moving around the room. As she watched the perimeter, she saw a familiar document.
 
The reason it looked familiar to her was that it was a cost report that she saw a lot from her family's business. Momo's family business was causing a lot of money to flow in and out, documents like these and things she had been intimate with since childhood.
 
She took a quick look at Teka. Teka was so interested in what was written on the computers and documents in front of her that she didn't give herself a single look. She hesitated and picked up the paper and started reading it.
 
"I see..." Momo put her fingers to her chin in distress. She could understand why Teka had such a troubling expression. What was written on the paper wasn't encouraging.
 
To put it in a few words, Teka was in a loop. Her firms and companies were suffering from a lack of money, they were making investments in different fields to overcome their financial difficulties and they were asking for Bonds using Teka's connections. However, as a precondition, the other party wanted Teka to invest first to secure themselves, and more money was coming out of the company to fulfill this. [EN: Bond: In the simplest terms, debt securities to fulfill the urgent need for money.]
 

Teka could not use her money. The banks were blocking her because they thought it suspicious that so much money could move all of a sudden. When she took money from various places, the money could never reach exactly on time and could not provide the balance of expenses.
 
In short, Teka's  Japanese companies were losing money, losing more money when they bought bonds and investments to bring in money, not enough money when they used their own money, and expenses were only going negative.
 
"If I do this..." Momo picked up a pen from the floor and started scratching the paper.  Solving this problem was certainly not simple, but it wasn't that difficult if it was someone like Momo who grew up with documents and was blessed with a high IQ.
 
After drawing for about a minute and dancing with mathematics for a while, she stopped writing. She held the paper in front of her face and smiled proudly. With this, the money problem should have been solved a little bit, even increased a little.
 
"Teka-" Momo took her eyes off the paper and called out Teka's name. But she froze before she could finish her words. Teka was already in front of her at a time she didn't know, watching her.
 
"I... "Momo tried to explain herself. However, before Teka allowed her to explain herself, she took the paper and began to read what was written on the paper.  
 
Momo struggled to say something, but the harshness of Teka's gaze at her writing caused her to shrink like a child caught red-handed. She lowered her head, folded her hands on her stomach, and waited for Teka's words.
 
There was no point in her being scared like a child caught red-handed, but Teka's hard looks and rigid personality caused those who encountered her eyes to snub and not speak out against Teka.  
 
Momo could not see, but Teka's eyes, looking at the paper, showed a glimmer of appreciation every second. One corner of her lip curled up. She put her free hand on Momo's head.
 
"That's very good. Well done and thank you."' she pulled the paper between the two's faces and began gently stroking her hair as she looked at Momo in appreciation. 
 
The problem in the document was very easy for Teka to solve. Since the document was at the bottom of the mountain of paper, she had not yet received it and had not had a chance to look at it. Still, it was commendable that a girl so young could achieve something like this. Moreover, although she didn't say it, she had done a much better job in a short time.
 
"Thank you." Momo accepted the praise with a small smile. 
 
“What are you doing?” Blake came in at that moment with a few plates of snacks in his hand. Rumi, Fuyumi, and Nejire followed him with trays. The trio stopped when they saw the situation inside, they didn't want to go inside and undermine Teka's work in a possible accident.
 
"It's nothing. You look like you're going to watch a movie. I'll move the papers to my room quickly." Teka reached out to take the paper from Momo's hand. She didn't want to interrupt Blake and the girls' moments.
 
She reached out to get the paper. However, before  Teka could get the paper, one hand came between the two and received the paper before Teka.  
 
Blake had stacked the bowls in his left hand. His free hand held the paper, standing between the two of them, keeping his eyes on the paper. He completely ignored Teka's questioning gaze.
 
Blake's eyebrows cracked with every word he read. It was worse than he thought. He sighed tiredly. 
 
He knew that offering help to Teka was completely unnecessary. The fact that she was doing things alone without asking him for help the whole time made it clear that she wasn't going to ask Blake for help.
 
Not only was their relationship awkward, but Teka's proud personality didn't allow her to need the help of anyone but her husband. Blake guesses that if Yoshino wanted to help her here, she'd happily accept it, but if Blake suggested it, even a kid would know she'd refuse.
 
He smiled from the inside. If this female tiger was quietly refusing his help, then he would have helped this female tiger by force with his actions. For Teka, for Fuyumi, who looked sadly at the mountains of documents and Teka, he would help the female tiger for his selfishness.
 
''Look... ''  Blake extended his left arm behind him, put the bowls on the table without looking at the table, and leaned over to Momo.  He pointed his fingers at certain areas of the paper.
 
“If you increase here and here and decrease here and extend the maturity, the incoming money will be doubled.” After each word, he pointed to the lines on the paper he mentioned with his finger.
 
"It's true." Momo's eyes sparkled. Blake's words were true, if she did what she said and shifted what she could already see, she could increase cash inflow not just by a factor of 2, but by a factor of three, maybe even four.
 
The faces of the girls, especially Fuyumi, lit up at Blake's words. Putting aside their idea of ​​watching movies, they turned to place the food on the table. Unlike Blake, Momo, and Teka, they didn't know about such jobs, so they planned to help them in different ways.
 
They passed by, ignoring Teka, who was glaring at them with a scowl. After placing the plates and glasses on the table, each headed to the task they had determined for themself.
 
Nejire picked up an open computer. Ignoring whether it was open or how important it was, she close it and placed it neatly on the table after wiping it off with her hand.
 
Fuyumi stuffed the papers in her arm. The papers she was hugging were more than she had thought, and it made air fill her cheeks in a cute way. After placing the papers next to the table, she sat down on her knees and began to arrange the papers.
 
Rumi turned to graphic diagrams scattered around the room. She started putting the schematics in front of the TV so that everyone could see them.
 
They were as eager to help Teka as Blake.
 
After their first breakfast, which they could call a proper introduction, the girls' sympathy for Teka began to grow over time. After daily conversations and a few minutes of conversations, they were able to notice the compassionate and gentle personality beneath her rigid personality, which increased their closeness to her.
 
Especially Fuyumi and Nejire. 

Fuyumi's fear of Teka dissipated as time passed and she saw new sides of Teka. It was replaced by the love for a mother and an older sister, and she felt closer to Teka.
 
Nejire had known Teka since childhood. Teka had been like a strict but trusting sister and aunt to her since childhood. Her dialogues and daily interviews today had increased her closeness to Teka.  
 

Rumi had not had the opportunity to get as close to Teka as they did, but she had developed a respect for Teka. It was respect born of strength. Rumi's sensitive feelings allowed her to speculate on how strong Teka was, and her deep-seated sense of danger made her respect Teka.
 
All the girls were eager to help Teka, but they knew Teka would refuse, so they didn't get a chance to make a move. Since Blake had paved the way for them, they should have supported him by doing what was necessary.
 
Momo decided to join the girls after staring at the duo for a while, who stared into each other's eyes and fought a small battle with invisible lightning. She took pens, papers, notebooks, etc., and began to place them on the table.
 
''...''
 
''...'' 
 
Teka and Blake were looking into each other's eyes, ignoring what was going on around them. Blake's lips formed a relaxed smile, while Teka's scowl and slightly angered eyes showed that they had completely separated from the girls and were engaged in a wordless battle.
 
Against Blake's comfort, Teka's rigid personality clashed. The two had verbally stated that they would not let go of their attitude even for a second. Blake would help Teka no matter what she said, and Teka would refuse Blake's help.
 
This had nothing to do with simple help anymore. This was a nonverbal confirmation battle. If Teka let him go, she'd let Blake do the same for similar events in the future. And she didn't want that.
 
Her personal life belonged only to her and her family. The rest of them had to stay out. It has been so before and it will be so in the future.
 
"Teka, you know help isn't such a bad thing." Blake narrowed his eyes with a gentle smile. He had a caring tone that bothered Teka and sent her feelings into a small mess.
 
"Help is not bad, I know that. But I'm not asking for your help." Teka nod her head and spoke in a definite tone. She couldn't ask Blake for help. She thought she could do it before, but deep down she knew that her pride and character wouldn't allow it.
 
“Then we can be like this. I'll tell the girls what to do, and they'll get things done while we're both staring.” At Blake's words, the girls giggled.
 
“You know I can get new ones, right?” She tilted her head slightly and tilted her body to one side, causing her hips to bulge slightly, crossing her arms under her chest.
 
"No, you can't. You don't have that luxury." Blake grinned with his knowledge. He knew Teka couldn't do that, Teka knew too.
 
Teka tried to refuse but remained silent. She knew she couldn't. She didn't have this thing called time right now. Even at this moment when they stopped, things continued to drag on, the weight on her shoulders increasing. It would cost her dearly to ask for a replacement of these papers, especially those in the entire room.
 
“Oh, what exactly will happen if I do this wrong?” After looking at Teka for a while, Fuyumi took a piece of paper Teka had been working on before and spoke in an exaggerated voice.
 
The group's eyes turned to Fuyumi. They didn't expect Fuyumi to do something like this all of a sudden. As Blake and Rumi playfully looked at Fuyumi, Nejire struggled to hold her giggle, while Momo giggled discreetly with her mouth closed with her hand.
 
"I-I-I wonder what to do with it... G-Grandma... I want to help Grandma Teka, but I don't know what to do." She barely finished her words, with a healthy blush on her face and extreme embarrassment. She covered her face with paper.
 
Teka looked at Fuyumi with a sarcastic smile. She didn't expect her granddaughter to do that, like the others. She turned her gaze to paper.
 
The paper Fuyumi was holding was the one Teka was working on before Blake and the girls came in.  Paper was the most important of all documents. 
 

“Hahhhh…” She took a deep breath. She rubbed the bridge of her nose with her fingers. She spoke as she passed Blake.
 
"Don't think of it as a permit. I certainly won't let you interfere in my personal life. I just… I don't want my granddaughter to do anything wrong."
 
Blake shrugged his shoulders before going to the girls. Blake had no desire to interfere or meddle in Teka's private life unless it got to the point where he should have interfered.
 
Teka came to Fuyumi's side and took the paper from her hand. With a stern expression, she walked past her and began to organize the papers after putting them among the other documents. With her shoulders facing the group, no one could see the pleasant and sincere smile appear on her face, which is rare these days.
 
Fuyumi continued to organize the papers in a warm expression despite Teka's strict action.

  

11