Chapter 78: Meeting
158 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the delay, due to some health problems I haven't been able to post an episode this week. I'm in better shape now, episodes will come on the usual calendar.

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

--------------------------

Before Blake went to MHA World, in the Golden World.

The Golden World was as quiet and desolate as ever. Although various buildings were scattered here and there, the silence that gave the environment a desolate feeling enveloped the whole world like a smokescreen.

Smooth golden hills stretched to infinity. They were emitting a faint light under the sunless sky, but this light was not as dazzling as under normal. On the contrary, it had a color that calmed one's mind.

However, this gentle light could not hide the serenity. The environment was completely different from normal times. Luxurious, gaudy, simple, different from one another, all the houses felt abandoned.

The period of reincarnating dead people had passed. It would not happen again until a certain time. Even so, several Universe Representatives were supposed to be on the streets or in their homes. Yet there was no one here.

The world was motionless. The absence of any animals, creatures, clouds or celestial bodies combined with the silence in the environment created eerie tranquility.

The only thing in the Golden World was the huge invisible and shapeless wall behind the houses, on the opposite side of the golden mountain range stretching to the horizon.

Even though the wall was colorless, shapeless, and invisible, the light waves emanating from it made it possible for others to see it. The dark golden lines moved up and down, in circles and various ways, like waves moving in the ocean, separating the houses from the thing behind the wall.

Looking at the other side of the wall, it seemed that it was not much different. Various and different houses were lined up in a row. The houses were of better quality than the houses behind the wall. Lilith's house was considered to be the finest in her area, yet even her house could not be compared to them.

A luxurious building filled with crystal and gold pieces and made of fine rocks, a Japanese building with thousands of years old wood used in its construction, and more were scattered around.

In addition, each building was carefully constructed and various techniques were used in its construction. For example, the Japanese house made of thousands of years old wood was built without using a single Wagoya style nail. Each piece of wood was tightly bound together, making this building stronger and more durable than most houses in the modern world.

[EN: Wagoya: Tied or interlocking wooden connections with rope, developed by Japanese carpenters and made without the use of nails.]

The weather here was completely different from the area where Lilith's home was located. It was carrying something that could not be seen with the naked eye and could only be felt. This side of the wall had ceased to be "normal" and had become more mysterious and profound.

There was a huge building in the middle of this area. The structure was as big as a stadium, with an exterior clad in quality concrete and black glass. Above the door of the building was written in large letters;

[Meeting Area]

There were a lot of people inside the building called the Meeting Area. The space wasn't filled to the brim, but it wasn't empty. Seats were quite full, although all individuals sat at regular intervals, either individually or in groups.

There was a heated discussion going on in the meeting room. At least that was true for one side. Because, unlike the group that was fervently explaining itself in the middle of the hall, the audience had an exasperated expression as if they had heard these words over and over.

“We may have acted on a whim, but at the time it was the first time we were doing it. Our brains, who could not understand the seriousness and importance of the issue, acted according to their enthusiasm and excitement, and we did what we wanted.''

“However, we think we deserve a second chance. After all, which of us hasn't done a few silly things at that moment, each of us has a few things we didn't want, and a few things that we thought were irrational or ridiculous that he later regretted or saw as irrelevant.”

“This occasion is not only our special request. In fact, on this occasion, a law can be enacted for others who are or are not here, or who will be born. This law need not be very detailed or detailed or restrictive. It is enough for each individual to have the opportunity to renew once in their life.”

“Of course, that can be discussed later. For now, I'm just suggesting." The speaker swallowed after his long speech to wet his dry throat. He looked around eagerly, his fingers clenched holding the paper on which his speech was written, causing the paper to crease.

It was evident in his nervousness. A great deal of hope, expectation and fear seized his heart as he looked at the people around him. He was trembling slightly, his head tilted involuntarily.

The bystanders looked at him graciously before arguing. Then they got into a heated argument. A voice came out of each head, each individual made a suggestion and started to discuss the subject.

Words were flying, rejections and participation were voiced. With each refusal, the group in the middle made their stance a little smaller.

After a while, everyone pressed certain buttons in front of them. The air in front of the center group flickered slightly, and numbers appeared for all to see.

28/198

28 acceptances, 198 rejections were overwhelmingly rejected. But for some reason, none of them were in a bad mood. Yes, they were frustrated, but the number of acceptances made their eyes sparkle and show a sincere smile.

Not in their hands, this number was a big improvement for them. While only 1 person was accepted on their first try, thanks to these new tactics, they were twice accepted on their last try. If they could maintain their momentum, they would eventually get what they wanted.

"Thanks to everyone who accepted and rejected-"

''AH! I forgot, sorry. Lilith, I'm pressing in your name too."

"Sure, I don't care."

In an instant, the number of admissions increased by two numbers and was fixed at 30.

The gazes of the group in the middle and the surrounding audience turned to the person speaking at the last moment.

The speaker was a young boy of 14-15 years old with eyes full of excitement in life and youth. His messy hair ended in a thorny finish. Filled with vitality and youthful excitement, his cheeks were a healthy shade of red.

He was holding a pen in one hand and a book in the other. After pressing the button in front of him, he pressed the other button in front of him with the permission of the person next to him and continued to draw something on the book.

The group looked at the boy with tenderness and devotion, looking at him as if they were looking after a relative, or rather their younger brother. One of the girls waved at him and spoke.

“Rod, come, your sister will give you crayons.”

"I already have it all-" The boy tried to dismiss her, but the next words caught his attention.

“But these were produced a few minutes before we got here. Each one is the best quality among its kind and can make your images more vivid.''

“!!” The youth’s eyes lit up. Without hesitation, he stood up and bounced downstairs. Along the way, no one held him or intended to stop him. On the contrary, they were giving warm glances at this eagerness and giggling.

The boy quickly headed towards the group in the middle of the field. The girl handed him the crayons as promised, but first kneaded her cheeks until she satisfied. Throughout this whole incident, the boy named Rod did not reject the girl's actions. On the contrary, he looked happy as he chuckled.

The girl kneaded her cheek for a while, then waved to Rod before leaving with the group. After waving at them, Rod headed back to his previous seat.

As Rod walked towards his place, several people stopped him. They continued to give him gifts, candies, pens, coloring books, and miscellaneous things. Even two people with opposite votes started talking and joking in harmony after giving him candy.

Rod walked between them and sat down with his hands full. He carefully placed the items he was holding in the space beside him and said a few words.

"Send it to my house."

He loosened his arms. Candies, coloring books, crayons, a few clothes, and many other items disappeared in an instant. He had a few candies left.

A clean, soft hand with slender fingers reached out to Rod and took one of the candies.

Rod looked at Lilith. As Lilith smiled provocatively at him, she loudly opened the packet of candy, put it on her small, watery tongue, and began to chew.

Rod was not at all impressed by Lilith's action. He turned his head, opened his drawing book, and opened it to try out his newly acquired pencils.

He turned the pages. Each page contained a picture of a specific person or an imaginary person. The people in the pictures were all in a similar situation; they were fighting.

One part of the page had pictures of people fighting, while the other part had personal drawings of Rod. The pictures on the first pages were completed, the same images of the pictures on the next page were drawn. But as the pages went by, his drawings got worse.

His drawings did not deteriorate, his skills were gradually improving. Unlike the simple drawings at the beginning, the drawings looked more realistic, fuller, and full of life after each page. It was as if they were real people, not pictures drawn on a piece of paper.

All the pictures had one thing in common. They too must have been running and having lightning bolts of various colors each bursting out of their bodies. Lightning danced in each of their eyes, their steps jumping for miles in a flash, sonic booms.

Rod is on the last page. He took one of the pencils and drew a line.

“Wow…” His eyes sparkled like precious stones. The tone of the white color he used was very full and realistic, there were no disturbing cracks. A simple line revealed true white and looked very pleasing to the eye.

Rod instantly immersed himself in his painting and forgot everything else. Sitting next to Rod, Lilith stopped paying attention to him. Putting her chin on her hand and her hand on her knee, she began to look around.

She saw several people she knew. A man in an apron from Food Wars Anime world was standing on the sidelines talking to people from other food worlds about recipes. Their topic was [Is Anything Fried Delicious?].

On the other hand, the representative spirit of One-punch Man Anime World was searching for better and faster ways to rebuild his destroyed world. His hair was messy and greasy, his under-eye bags looked bad. It was unclear how many days he hadn't slept.

Lilith looked at the surroundings with a weary expression. She let out a sigh, slightly twisting her wrist to relieve her slightly aching wrist.

She didn't want to be here. After she got home, she wanted to shut herself up in her room, to watch the new possibilities unfold in Blake's presence while she had a snack, to learn something interesting by reading a book or to sleep or laze around.

But she couldn't do any of these. Even if no one was speaking, they had to stand in the Meeting Area.

Although the Meeting Area was held on special days and times, the doors were not closed during meeting hours. Instead, the doors would be wide open for any problems that might arise during the meeting, and anyone could initiate a meeting if no one was present.

Therefore, all individuals attending the meeting had to stay here until the end of the meeting. After all, if there was an emergency, they could intervene at once.

However, Lilith did not think that such a thing could happen. That was the main reason for her trouble. There hadn't been any emergencies or unexpected meetings in about a dozen loops, and on purpose, she had to spend a few hours here.

“Hm?” Something caught her eye as she surveyed the surroundings. She slipped her free hand under her arm and nudged Rod.

“Yeah, what was it?” Rod didn't turn to Lilith and continued drawing.

“Why is this person here?” She pointed in front of her, her voice containing great curiosity and slight shock.

Rod wondered what fueled Lilith's curiosity. He lifted his head from what he was drawing, looking at where Lilith was pointing as his hands continued to move constantly.

There was a man there. His long black hair was on his shoulders, he carried a well-developed body underneath his modern attire. He was 17 or 18 years old, had a good face, and was radiating a hard air.

However, this air was like an illusion broken by his current condition and left no emotion in the person other than sympathy and pity for him.

"Why... why did I do it? All those characters... their seriousness... even if I saved a few at the last moment, they were random persons... All the seriousness... dignity... charisma of the most important individuals... is gone... forever…” He covered his face with his hands as he spoke in a fragile, hoarse voice. It was clear from his voice that he was almost about to cry.

He raised his head slightly, his pupils trembling when he remembered what he had done. He covered his face once again with his hands and, with a muffled moan, continued to whisper things. The people around him continued to comfort him.

The man's most prominent feature was a headband tied to his head. There were nine lines on the headband and a shape of an eye mark with a sword inside. 

"Oh, He..." Rod's lips curled up to form a half-smile. Enjoying his brother's pain, a look that the little brother might have had bloomed on his face.

"I hear he have a question on his mind since he created the world. Recently, this question has grown in his mind and he has made [G of Shame], unable to control himself more in the news cycle." With his pen, he threw a sharp line that would form a sharp jawline. He quickly drew to make neither large nor skinny neck, and after leaving a black mark with the edge of his pen, she shaded it with her finger over the black mark.

'' [G of Shame], Ha. I sympathize with him." Lilith shook her head with understanding. [G Of Shame] was something she had thought about at the time, but when she thought about the embarrassment that would come after she did it, she throw that idea out of her mind.

"It's not that bad. The characters in his world retain their old glory. I don't understand why he's so upset.'

"It's easier said than done."

"Easier said than done."

The minutes continued to pass. A few tens of minutes remained before the meeting was over. Time passed slowly for everyone. But none of them except Lilith had a problem.

Lilith lay her head on the table in front of her and sighed with her arms outstretched. A borderline boredom was easily visible to all. She hung her hands on either side of the table and began to shake them.

She was so bored. All she did was sit idly by and stare.

She wanted to get out of here, but the rules bound her like a chain. She couldn't go even if she wanted to. But she was free to complain, no one could restrain her in that regard.

“Why do I have to be here, I just came to have some fun. But there is nothing here. Just let me go…” She placed her chin on the table and exhaled non-stop for 10 seconds. Her emotions and thoughts, every cell in her body were screaming with boredom.

Normally she would not attend such meetings. The main reason she came here was that she thought something interesting might happen, but all she got was a big "nothing". She made a mental note not to come here for several loops.

Everyone knew that she had nothing to do with such events and would not do anything suspicious. Lilith's name spread in the Golden World as "Miss Curiosity", and she was known for not doing anything other than out of sheer curiosity.

Still, even she couldn't get out of here. It was like she had broken the rules. Hah, how funny, there's no way this could happen.

BAM!

The meeting room door swung open. A primitive bloodlust accompanied the sounds of the groundbreaking apart. Everyone's eyes turned to the door, including Lilith and Rod. Even the mournful man, shaken from his mood, looked at the door.

A red gas engulfed the entire entrance. The smell of blood tickled the noses of those around and made them nauseous. A sense of pure brutality hung over the entire room.

A pair of black eyes, red in the middle, lit up like a pair of rubies in the red gas. The next second, a mask unfolded.

It was an Oni mask.

Dum!! ROAR!!!

An invisible pressure took over the entire room. Behind the Oni mask came a dreadful scream, full of brutality and terror.

Tak!

A sharp sound was heard. Dressed in a wooden sandal, a slender leg emerged from the red gas and stepped inside. Accompanied by the image of a woman standing gracefully with her feet in red.

The woman wore a deadly dyed yukata with sun and moon patterns. Her stunning hair flowed to her waist like a black river. Her black eyes, resembling a double starry lake, were observing the surroundings and searching for someone.

No one sneered or frowned at the woman's sudden intrusion and movements. On the contrary, they were confused, this much anger was not normal for 'them'. Why was this person so angry?

“[Sword] big sister, why are you so angry?” Someone in the room couldn't hide their confusion any longer and asked.

[Sword] was the nickname of this woman. She didn't have any names, and she rejected all the names suggested to her because they didn't appeal to her, and she has remained anonymous to this day. Her biggest obsession was swords, and over time she has nicknamed [Sword Sister].

The girl called [Sword Sister] stopped, smiled kindly at the person calling out to her, and continued walking. A multitude of questioning eyes was fixed on her, but she did not respond to any of them and stepped onto the center podium.

She stopped when she got to the podium. The red smoke continued to rise from her body, filling the air with the scent of blood. Oni mask swept its gaze across the room, gleaming with murderous intent.

She stopped, studied the surroundings, and her eyes widened slightly when she saw a certain person. Pure anger flared in her eyes, looking at that person with more anger than if she had killed her family.

“I came to talk to you today about Lilith's Dark Black Violation.” All the sounds in the environment stopped. Even a drop of water falling on the ground could be heard clearly in this silence. All eyes turned to Lilith.

“Eh?” Faced with so many stares and being accused of Dark Black Violation, Lilith could do nothing but make a small sound of surprise. 

7