Chapter 80: Return To World
216 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don't forget to read the end of chapter note.

--------------

[While all this is going on, on Blake's side]

Blake entered the portal [Sword] had opened for him and started walking.

Unlike his first time, he did not appear directly in the MHA world.

“Wow…” He sighed lightly at what he saw.

Blake's location was in the middle of an endless ocean of stars. There was no boundless darkness, no eerie emptiness, and no gnawing cold. Everywhere the eye could see was covered with stars. Various large objects were scattered around, and Blake had even seen a black hole in the distance.

The infinite space was filled with various celestial bodies. A comet passed under Blake's feet, several Spirals and Barred Spirals were scattered here and there, various planets were everywhere.

Blake's eyes shone like the stars around him.

The area Blake was walking in was like a corridor. There were no walls around it, but the faint lights at the end of the road reminded him of a corridor.

Blake sighed in admiration as he surveyed the surroundings. In his previous life, the things he saw now were things he could only look at with the help of telescopes. But right now, he was able to keep a close eye on them.

It was fascinating, and whenever something like this happened, he would never tire of admiring it.

Blake blinked. It was a reflexive act rather than willful, and he blinked only briefly, perhaps for as little as a second.

When he did that, several things happened at once.

A strip of orange light was traveling far away from him at a high speed. As they were in space, their voices did not spread, but the helpless leap forward showed that it was desperate to run faster.

Behind the orange light, the strip was a red stripe. The red stripe was traveling behind it at a speed no less than that of the orange. The reason why it couldn't catch the red strip all this time was because of the momentary rush forwards that the orange strip made in sometimes.

As Blake's eyes were completely closed, the red stripe moved closer to the orange stripe, almost getting closer to it. The orange stripe must have noticed this, as it jumped helplessly to the side and headed near the white light in front of Blake.

Blake's eyelashes flickered and his eyelids began to open. At a speed of less than a tenth of a second, the red stripe caught up with the orange stripe and ripped off a piece of it.

As the piece moved away from them, the red stripe and orange stripe entered the light door and disappeared.

It may take a long time to tell, but all these events took less than a blink of an eye. Blake, who had a keen instinct and a blood-sharpened sixth sense, hadn't noticed this battle.

He continued to walk among the stars and advance in the vacuum of space. After a few minutes, he reached the place where the light door was.

He could have gotten here faster, but Blake preferred to survey his surroundings and admire the beauty of space with every step he took.

''Hm? What is this?” Blake lifted his foot to enter the light door. When he did that, something caught his eye.

When he lifted his feet, he saw something shimmering with the glimmer of endless starlight. He pulled his foot back and picked it up.

What caught Blake's attention was a deep blue pouch glowing under the starlight, and a bloody hand dipped into the pouch.

Blood flowed continuously from the severed hand, the pink flesh visible in the vacuum of space. In the cold vacuum of space, drops of blood were rapidly crystallizing and freezing from the inside out. The pink flesh suddenly took on a deep red color and could not preserve its former freshness.

On the bag was written "Inventory" in big letters. The severed hand, on the other hand, spread its fingers as if it wanted to take something from it, unfortunately, it was severed before it could do so.

“Inventory…” Blake had little information about this thing.

If this purse he was holding in his hand was the "Inventory" he was thinking of, there must be a small subspace inside. Subspace had no concept of weight, each slot could contain an infinite amount of the same item. It was a must for RPG genre games.

How does Blake know all this? He had learned it from Mike, as anyone can guess.

Blake turned his head to study the surroundings, the movement causing his hair to flutter slightly. Since the arm piece is here, the other body parts must be here as well. But he couldn't see any other parts.

As he surveyed the surroundings, he saw a small streak of blood. The bloodline was going towards the light door and was disappearing inside.

Blake frowned. He could feel the familiar energy emanating from the blood grains and the hand holding the sac. He felt stronger when he held this hand.

That instinctive familiarity that someone of the same species might have. Deep down he could feel the sense of resemblance, the same feeling he felt when he looked at Denki and Izuku.

The feeling of someone of his kind.

However, this feeling was minimal as there was only one piece of hand and the owner of the hand was not there. It was like a dying flame, disappearing with every passing second.

“Should I absorb the power within?” The idea popped into his mind as Blake stared at the hand, but eventually gave it up.

The little energy within it could benefit him, but this energy was not pure. It was confused with something else like in Denki, many strange things. He wasn't sure exactly what it was, but it didn't make sense to him to absorb the speed power mixed with something he didn't know.

He couldn't separate his speed power as he did with Denki, because speed power on the arm was only a small amount and not its main speed power. Even if he managed to separate its speed power, his speed would increase by a few units.

Blake was more curious about the purse in his hand than speed power. What was inside? Judging by the fact that the owner of the hand was trying to get something out of it at the last moment, it must have had something that could get him out of this situation.

Blake stared at the pouch for a moment before entering the light door. Then he decided to take the pouch and hand with him.

Since this person had lost his hand, he must either have died with no parts left, or he must have been running for his life. In both cases, this piece of the purse was unclaimed, and he was not afraid to take this unclaimed purse, which particularly caught his attention.

If the owner came back, he could get his hand back. Blake wasn't too short-sighted to give her his hand back. He wasn't interested in a body part.

As for the pouch, they could negotiate about it. If there was something that interested him, he was considering getting it for himself. Otherwise, after examining the bag for a while, he would return it to its owner.

**

Blake opened his eyes, in a slum-like alley. The road was not concrete, it was full of dirt and mud, and there were potholes in various places. The abandoned houses, which were facing demolition, were decorated with graffiti and various paintings. There were remnants of several bus stops but all the irons and money-making parts had been removed.

People with suspicious looks filled the alleys. Flies and various insects feasted on the death of several animals. The air was stale and full of carbon dioxide.

Blake tilted his pupils from one side to the other side and studied the surroundings. It had been 5 years since he got here and he was feeling a little nostalgic. One corner of his lip curled up.

His smile and topless body attracted the attention of several street women. As their faces blushed, their hearts beat hard. They had sold their bodies many times before, but this was the first time they felt so eager.

"Would you like to spend a night with Onee-san, handsome~~??''

"White Prince, come on, let's go crazy together tonight."

"Do you want to fill me with something white as your hair, handsome? I'm won't take your money~~''

Their dirty words were becoming increasingly creative and engaging. A few words that far got Blake's attention. It was the first time he had heard such dirty but aspirations.

But he wouldn't answer them. He's been missing for about five hours. He told the girls he was coming in a few hours, but he was so late because of the sudden events.

It was noon and now it was afternoon when he intended to go to the stadium. The sun was turning west, setting as time went on.

Blake didn't want to worry the girls anymore. So after stopping by an electronics store and a clothing store, he decided to go home.

Amid all the staring at him, he left the slum and entered an alley.

As Blake entered the dark alley, the alley lit up with a dim white light. By the time the alley was getting dark again, Blake had already left.

He entered a clothing store and, after buying himself new clothes, put his money in the seller's hand and entered an electronics store without waiting for the seller to move.

He entered the electronics store. Sellers and customers sang from his excessive speed, froze like statues. Their expressions hung on their faces, some even in the middle of the conversation. Blake quickly bought a late model phone, put the money in front of the seller, and walked out.

When he appeared in an alley, he stopped and started walking down the alley. He made wet noises as his steps hit puddles and muddy ground.

Blake was wearing a summer outfit that fit him perfectly. His figure was revealed as the dress could not cover her well-developed, well-balanced body. Underneath she was wearing black trousers that contrasted with her hair, and the outfit was complemented by a popular shoe.

He was wearing a leather jacket illuminated by the sunlight. He looked like a supermodel out for a walk, wearing his last pair of sunglasses.

His lively and full hair, reaching below his waist, was gathered in a ponytail. However, this didn't make him look one bit feminine, it added to his charm.

The only thing that spoiled this image was the bag on his back. It didn't look bad, on the contrary, it could be thought of as non-existent since it could not stand out in the combination. But when someone looked carefully, the bag was the only piece that shouldn't have been.

But Blake didn't care about his outfit. He didn't want to walk around with a bloody hand in a pouch on the way, so he put it in a bag.

As Blake walked down the road, many eyes were fixed on him. Various people looked at him with admiration and the boys with hostility, while the girls looked at him in fascination, with a distinct redness on their faces.

Blake ignored the bystanders and stopped in front of a grocery store. After taking a bag, he started choosing fruits and vegetables.

"Apple pie for Nejire, carrot pie for Rumi, a cake for Momo, I don't know what Nemuri likes to eat but I'll make a cake for her, too, fruitcake for Fuyumi, chocolate-filled cookies for Teka and a strong coffee on the side..." ' Blake pondered as he checked the apple's freshness.

He was missing for over five hours, no one could reach him as his phone was shattered by lightning. The girls in the house must have been worried about him and he decided to make them one of their favorite sweets to apologize.

He took a carrot and sniffed it. The smell of soil could be easily felt. While that was enough to buy the carrot in itself, after looking at a few other spots, he found a lot of similar carrots and stuffed them in a bag.

“People are in chaos at the scene, the tension hanging in the air can be easily felt. Even though the heroes made a sudden intervention, we learned from our sources that there were a lot of creatures inside that appeared in the latest turmoil...''

As Blake picked the fruit, the door of the grocery store opened and the owner came out. He must have wondered about the continuation of the news, as he put a stone on the side of the door to prevent it from closing and listened to the news while watering the fruits and vegetables.

“For the last half hour, the entire building has been blockaded and the heroes are fighting fiercely. Explosions have been heard nonstop for half an hour, it's a really scary situation. I'm Nancy, who will tell you everything until the last-"

BAM!

Before the news presenter could finish her words, a loud voice was heard. The sound wasn't just coming from the television, an explosion that all of Japan could hear reverberated across the sky, causing people to panic.

3/2 of the building behind the news presenter was suddenly broken off and sent into the sky. Pieces of wood and rubble scattered around and fell to the ground as if heavy rain was falling.

The sound of the explosion was loud enough to make the person deaf. A deafening explosion, similar to the sound produced when an airplane exceeds the speed of sound, was heard in the distance.

The cameraman reacted quickly and lifted the camera. So people saw what was happening.

Clouds were slowly gathering as it would rain soon, but due to the recent explosion, a rectangular hole had formed in the gathering clouds.

Blake tilted his head, staring at the rectangular shape in the sky without turning around. A frustrating feeling took over his heart and instincts. He was like a dragon whose reverse scale had been touched, for some reason he felt as if something he held dear had been damaged.

He tried to forcefully suppress his instincts but failed. His movements had stopped. As he stood there, his gaze had hardened and his expression had become emotionless.

He was sure that he had prepared the girls well. Now they put their lives first and helped each other if they were in a bad situation. Given their strength, none of them should have been harmed.

The only one who could be harmed among the girls was Fuyumi, who was weaker than the others and had just started training. However, even she was strong enough to crush most low-ranking villains. Also, Blake had arranged several secret bodyguards to protect her.

As Blake was preparing to leave, he heard something that upset his feelings.

“Look, the sixth-ranked pro-hero Mirko and a bunch of others are coming out. Wait! What is that? Mirko's arm is severed and carried on a stretcher...''

The street was illuminated for a moment with elegant white light. All the people on the street without exception, even the cameras, were covered with white light. This vision was as bad as being blind, there was nothing but white.

After a few seconds, their vision returned. As the people drifted into the confusion and raised their voices in fear, they did not notice that Blake had disappeared. Several banknotes were placed on the table inside the grocery store, and the coins tinkled for a while before spreading out on the flat floor.

...

People were starting to gather outside the building that hosted the war raging between the pro-heroes and the Nomu. Despite the last explosion, their hearts beating with fear and they wanted to escape as soon as possible, they acted on the contrary and came to the scene.

They needed to see the outcome of this war between pro-heroes and villains. The victor in the end would determine their future. If the heroes win, the villains will descend into darkness and their future will be brighter; If the villain won, great suffering awaited them in the future, especially those who lived nearby.

They had to learn the result and act accordingly.

However, very few people thought about it. The majority had come here with a simple curiosity to find out the result.

In the end, the villains would win and there was a possibility that they would suddenly attack and create blood pools, but they didn't think about it. They didn't care that the sacrifices of the fallen heroes would be in vain when the villains won, or the heroes who might die to save them, and they came here out of simple curiosity.

People were whispering as the sky slowly turned orange. The whispering of hundreds of people produced a substantial sound, and the result was a great noise.

While people were talking, a stretcher came out of the building. When people saw the woman on the stretcher and her condition, they immediately let her go. The sea of ​​crowds split in two, giving way to the stretcher.

Even though they made their way, suddenly one of them stepped forward and began to tell a sad story, how he would lose something to the traitor. No matter how much the woman on the stretcher and the other women with their insisted, he refused to move out of their way.

Some people initially intended to pull him over. They were angry at this man for blocking Rumi, who sacrifice her arm for protecting them. His next words, however, caused everyone to pause.

“My daughter and my wife fell into a coma after the attack of several bad guys here. They have not shown any signs of awakening for the past week. I-If that Dabi bastard had been caught earlier, this wouldn't have happened.” The man's voice was deep, his voice trembling slightly. He struggled to keep himself firm, even as tears flowed from his eyes and his voice trembled.

His words aroused the emotions of those who intended to act.

A youth in his twenties stopped his pace. He had lost his father in a villain attack four days ago. Rumor has it that since Dabi was captured, the villain was worried that he would be caught and go to jail and intended to escape with some commotion, but was caught because he made a lot of mistakes in doing so.

A man in his late forties rubbed his stubble. He had a bad taste in his mouth. He could sympathize with the man because he too had lost a dear friend a month ago.

Many people who sympathized with the man and experienced similar feelings stopped their movements and began to watch what would happen. The crowd had calmed down in an instant, there weren't many people intent on stopping the man anymore.

A few people who wanted to help him hesitated.

The man continued to speak, while the crowd was changing their stance towards the girls they had brought in.

At that moment, time slowed down.

The movements of the birds flapping their wings and flying freely in the sky slowed to a halt. People froze various expressions.

The people who were curious, hesitant, resentful, fearful, and speaking with more emotion, the wary expression of the girls in the middle of the crowd, who were looking cautiously at the man in front of them, the distressed faces of the paramedics, were frozen. Even their movements had slowed to the point where they looked like statues.

None of their expressions had changed. They were unaware of their situation as they continued to move ultra-slowly.

A thin white light flashed.

A strip of white light swept through the crowd. Flowing and constantly moving, the white stripe was moving steadily towards the middle of the crowd, like a fish floating freely in a black ocean.

The progress of the white light strip was smooth and fluid. It was like an experienced painter drawing on a black painting with a brush dipped in white. It passed smoothly through the people and reached the center.

When he appeared, time was restored, but there was no sound. No, time was not frozen again. Blake's sudden appearance frightened them.

Blake appeared out of nowhere. No one knew where it came from. There were a few low-ranking heroes here, but even they couldn't understand where Blake had come from.

But before he could say anything, the man carefully took Rumi in his arms, as if he were carrying a precious vase, and disappeared, leaving a few words behind. He had gone as he had come, and no one had seen how he had gone.

---

Those who have read the previous version of the series must have understood what is going on here.

Anyway, I'll get straight to the point.

After thinking for a while, I decided not to shoot The Five. The Five is important to the series in several ways. (I don't plan on bringing them to the series, but they have something important to bring to the main character, and those things are very important for the series in the future.)

That's why I've decided to leave The Five as it is.

I will also not touch on the relationship between the main character and Scathach. Even though their acquaintance will change, their relationship development will remain the same.

Finally, this episode was the last episode of the first arc, "My Hero Academy Arc". The next chapter will start a new arc.

7