Chapter 88: The Five (3), Totaly Destroyed, Wisdom Of The Queen
137 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

These few episodes were taken from the previous series. Apologies in advance for bad grammar and spelling mistakes.

--------------------------

"Gulp*…" Edward swallowed his saliva as the door opened. The thin metal armor he wore trembled as if to show his tension.

 

Unlike the previous time, noticing his nervousness, no one tried to comfort him. The door opened, and a great rush of cold air greeted them. A pair of wine-red, enchanting but shimmering red eyes that made them shiver to the bone, pierced the cold air cloud, making it impossible for the rest of the quintet to console Edward.

 

Eyes as still as a lake began to investigate them. Her gaze was colder than the winds blowing through the door. They felt a stirring under their skin, the woman's gaze seemed to pierce their skin.

 

"Now…" A red stripe resembling his enchanting red eyes pierced through the cloud of cold air, revealing a dazzling red spear. Scathach's voice echoed in their ears, their legs trembling with pleasure.

 

"Who will explain to me your reason for coming here?" The five froze when they saw Scathach's appearance. Even though her careless voice woke them up in amazement, they couldn't take their eyes off her extraterrestrial beauty.

 

"Ehm…" Aiden cleared his throat as he stepped forward to introduce themselves.

 

Scathach's ruby-colored eyes turned to him. Aiden lowered his gaze so as not to mess things up. If he continued to stare at Scathach, he would forget to speak as he stared at her plump, sassy breasts, visible from her tight-fitting outfit.

 

"Let me introduce myself, I'm Aiden. These are my friends, Jay, Leo, Simon, and Edward." He gestured with one hand.

"H-Hello..."

"It's nice to meet you."

"Hi."

''Y-Yo...''

The quartet greeted Scathach in different ways, and Scathach responded with a slight nod.

 

"We five are on an escape right now. We are being chased by someone, unfortunately, we have to flee because these people are strong enough to take our lives easily." Aiden said the truth. A strong person like Scathach, especially someone with keen eyes like her, could easily tell when he was lying.

 

"A sensible decision, it would be really stupid if you fight an opponent that you can't fight." She nodded slightly at their decision, at least they weren't stupid.

 

"Thanks for your appreciation." He smiled as his respectful tone continued.

 

"We came here on our journey because we need the spear in your hand to survive." His words made Scathach's eyes narrow slightly.

 

''And? Why do you think I would give this to you?" She had not given her spear to anyone but her only disciple. She even fought the blonde man who had once kept her spear in her treasure and reclaimed its likenesses along with his.

In this universe, the original spear was in her disciple for a specific purpose. Other than that, the only similar ones were the ones she had and the ones she would produce in the future.

 

In short, only she and those she approved could have it. And now five people she didn't know were coming and asking her for her spear.

 

"I'm sorry, Miss Scathach, but we're not asking your permission. If you don't, we'll have to take it by force." If Scathach was as strong as they had seen in their previous world, they were confident that they could take Gae Bolg from her.

 

Relying on these silly beliefs that might have caused their deaths, the five entered the battle stance. Edward and Aiden were in front, Jay in the middle, Leo at the back, Simon next to Leo.

 

Scathach didn't respond to his daring words, continuing to stare at the five as they just stood there. The five were silent as they waited for the next move.

With palpable tension in the air, the six continued to stare at each other. The group gulped loudly, the ear-piercing wind chirping was all that could be heard. They were breaking out in cold sweat as a pair of wine-red eyes stared at them.

 

 

"You better have the strength to back up your bold words. Otherwise, you won't be able to get out of here alive." Scathach's low voice broke the rope. Edward and Aiden nodded to each other, then ran to Scathach.

 

[Glacial Chains]

 

Dozens of glacial chains headed towards Scathach to anchor it. Its coldness was not as extreme as the cold from the open door, but enough to freeze the water vapor in the air.

 

Scathach swept her spear forward, ignoring the incoming spells. The spear was far from touching the spells, but the airflow from the sweep was enough to shatter the incoming spells.

 

Ding!

 

A Silver 4 Rank sword appeared in Aiden's hand to test the waters. The sword was a one-handed, double-edged sword. It was clean green in color, and the hilt was finely crafted. [EN: Silver 4 is a rank in the Long Live Summon world. Twice above average.]

 

Edward had strong metal gloves on his hands. His defense was nearly indestructible thanks to his Sacred Gear, combined with the armor on him, he had the confidence to face Scathach. Gloves were equipment that could increase his attack power.

 

Cling!

 

Scathach stopped the looming sword with her spear. She pushed the sword, throwing Aiden off balance, moving her hand slowly for herself and rather quickly for Aiden, hitting her in the ribs.

 

Crack!

 

The "Weak" attack caused a fracture in his ribs, sending him back.

Edward was startled by Aiden's defeat so easily, but it was too late to retreat. He clenched his teeth and punched Scathach.

 

The spear danced in Scathach's hand. Unlike a spear, she turned her spear as if she were turning a pencil. She stopped turning her spear as the fist approached her face, thrusting it into Edward's fist. It was the back of the spear, not the blade, that was aimed at Edward.

 

Dong!

 

The back of the spear collided with his hand, not being pushed back unlike Aiden. The Sacred Gear absorbed all the rearguard from Scathach's attack and kept Edward from being harmed.

 

[Flame Birds]

 

Scree!!

 

Thousands of bird cries filled the quiet space, the bone-chilling cold coming from inside the door subsided slightly, and the temperature increased.

 

Thousands of firebirds fluttered over Jay's head. He looked like a sun in a gray-black setting, with Jay in the center. Jay waved his hand forward, the birds rushing at Scathach with a common cry.

 

Scathach looked at the incoming birds, raised her other hand, and pointed at the birds over Edward's shoulder, who was still trying to push her spear.

 

"Froze!" Her slender finger pointed at the approaching birds, and a white rune appeared on the tip of her finger.

 

Vhosh!!

As the rune appeared, a large amount of ice gushed from her finger. Normally needing a ground to move forward, the ice moved uncontrollably through the air and froze the thousands of firebirds that came upon it.

 

Shocked but not distracted, Jay took the opportunity to record Scathach's rune in the book.

 

Scathach pulled the spear-back slightly back, powering up her arms, slamming the spear-back into Edward's fist again, sending him back.

 

"Hm?" Scathach tilted her head slightly to the side, her gaze returning to Edward's hand.

 

Scathach felt the power behind the attack dissipate as the spear touched Edward. The spear had struck Edward, the force she exerted absorbed like water poured onto a sponge.

 

"Interesting, I feel like I need to give myself a little bit."

 

Bam!

 

Her lips curved upwards, forming a thin smile. She caught the speeding attack without a single glance, as her gaze gazed with interest at the golden color surrounding Edward. The fist she was holding belonged to a youth covered in orange lightning.

 

Ding!

 

She aligned her spear to her other side. She stopped the sword attack that came to cut her in half with the killing intent behind it.

 

Taking the opportunity to get both hands full, Edward quickly recovered himself and attacked again. But it wouldn't be that easy for him.

 

Bam!

 

Scathach lifted her foot, stepped on her face, and pinned him to the ground.

 

''Ugh...''

 

[Lightning Needles]

[Sky Eagle's Wind Slash]

[Balls of Light]

[...]

Jay started casting spells one after another to help his friends in distress. Fire, water, earth, wind, nature, light, darkness, all the offensive spells he knew were bursting out of the book one after another. The movement of the book pages had not stopped for a second since the war began.

 

"Disappear." Scathach opened her mouth as she stared at the spells. A black-gray rune appeared in front of her. Under Rune Scathach's direction, it began to float towards offensive spells.

 

[Frost]

 

Jay wasn't going to allow it, he activated the freeze rune he had analyzed from Scathach and sent it to collide with the incoming rune.

 

There was no big explosion, no dust cloud, no ear-piercing sound. When the runes touched each other, the freeze rune Jay sent was deleted. The black rune continued as if nothing had happened.

 

In spells, it was devoured as soon as it came into contact with the rune. Like a black hole, the dark rune continued to devour all the magic that came before it.

 

Jay and Leo switched places, worried that they might be harmed.

 

Contrary to their worries, the rune continued on its way when it finished deleting the spells. As soon as it touched the ground, it disappeared into the air.

 

"Is that all?" Scathach asked with obvious disappointment. The excited mood at the beginning of the war deflated like a deflated balloon. She looked at Simon, who she had been holding his fist for a while, at Edward, who was struggling under her feet and at Aiden, who was trying to attack her in various ways.

The trio couldn't open their mouths. Whatever they did, they couldn't even touch her against Scathach's will, let alone a scratch. Scathach had not taken a single step back since the beginning of the war. The confidence and petty arrogance that the five, especially Aiden, had as they started the battle were forcibly shattered by Scathach.

 

Scathach took her foot off Edward's face and let go of Simon's hand. The duo took advantage of the opportunity and withdrew. After attacking for a while, Aiden realized it was futile and withdrew.

 

"This is the last chance I give you, show all your strength. If you attack so helplessly again, my spear will kill you." There was an unmistakable arrogance in Scathach's words. Her wine-red eyes sparkled. The five shuddered, all the hairs on their bodies stood up as they met Scathach's eyes, burning with killing intent.

 

After a quick discussion, the five attacked Scathach again, but this time they decided to use all their strength.

 

Edward's body glowed with a golden light, disappearing the next second, but Edward's defense was doubled.

 

Aiden, on the other hand, was divided into three. Each Aiden was like a replica of his main body. A careful look would find no difference between them, the only difference being that the duplicate Aidens' eyes were blank.

 

This was his Guardian Spirit, the Copy. Copies could be indefinitely so long as Aiden made them. However, this required sufficient Spirit Power. As long as he transferred his spirit power, he could create new bodies, and these bodies could cultivate on their own. When he would fight, he would merge with the bodies and multiply his strength.

 

The bodies slowly began to merge with him. They lived within the grimor as a guardian spirit, and they merged with him to transfer his power to him when they summoned.

Aiden's strength skyrocketed and he reached the level of Hero according to the world of Long Live.

Simon has stopped protecting Leo now. Lightning danced in his eyes as orange lightning bolts shot out from his body. He disappeared instantly, running at high speed. His momentum was increasing exponentially.

 

Gathering his mana, Jay touched the ground, the ground rippled, and headed under Scathach.

 

Brrrr!! Bamm!!

 

The ground began to tremble slightly. The ground on which Scathach stood moved, bursting and rising. The lands that sprang from the ground took shape, forming a golem.

 

The trio emerged from the golem's tied hands and headed towards Scathach.

 

Edward was the first to greet Scathach. He mercilessly punched her in the beautiful, masterpiece face.

 

Scathach tilting his head slightly to the side dodges the punch. The spear made a small circle in her hand, pointing towards her heart. As she had said, her attacks were now aimed at their life.

 

Ding!

 

The attack, for which she didn't use all her strength, had a hard time getting into his body when it touched Edward. Even though it still left a red scar on his chest, there was no appreciable damage when the sword from his side pulled back to block the attack.

 

The golden light engulfed Edward again, his defense heightened.

 

''I understand. That was it." Looking at the golden light, Scathach instantly realized why.

 

Ding!

 

As her analysis continued, she turned the spear in her hand and dodged the incoming sword attack without looking. She spun the spear at her waist and swung at Aiden over and over again.

 

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Aiden countered all incoming attacks with his sword. But the price for this was his weapon. Cobweb-like shards were forming on the spirit weapon, each attack slowly destroying the sword.

 

Scathach stopped their attack. She bent her body forward with a sharp movement, placing her hand on the ground. Her hair flowed down her shoulders and swayed uncontrollably. Despite being attacked in various ways over and over, her gaze was as indifferent as a still lake.

 

Svihs!!

 

Behind her, Simon punched forward as Scathach bent down. The fist covered in orange lightning, with great power behind it, stopped in front of Aiden as Scathach bent down.

 

Scathach put her hand on the ground and put her weight on it. She lifted her body, turned her body with the help of her hand, and before the two could react, she kicked them in the face and hurled them from their golem.

 

"Haaaa!!" Edward roared, throwing all his strength into his fist and punching forward. But it was in vain, as Scathach had said before, he lacked potential and was too confident in his shield. He was also weaker than the others as he did not have time to develop because of Leo. All he could do was ordinary attacks.

 

Scathach pushed the ground with her hand, flipped her body in the air, and landed. Aligning her spear at her side, she thrust forward.

 

She strengthened her attack by playing lightly with cause and effect. As long as she didn't destroy Edward in a single attack, Edward would constantly stand up like a cockroach and grow stronger from her attack. Not wanting to use all her strength, she decided to play lightly with cause and effect.

 

Puchi!

 

With a faint stabbing sound, the spear entered his heart and exited behind him. Confident in his defense, Edward's eyes widened in shock, blood gushing from his closed lips.

 

"H-How…" Simon appeared beside him as Scathach intended to take out his spear and cut Edward in two. He punched her in the face. Not wanting to be punched in the face, Scathach stopped her movement, and after releasing her non-dominant hand, she caught the punch that came to her.

Vhoş!!

Simon's intention was not to fight Scathach. As soon as his attack was met, he disappeared and appeared before Edward. He forcibly shoved Edward from the spear, catching his fallen body in midair, as he touched the golem's chest with his fingertips, leaving an orange lightning streak behind him, heading towards Jay.

 

[Crazy]

 

Jay commanded the golem. At his command, the golem ripped his hands off the ground and was moving wildly, punching his head. At the same time, he kept his body moving at full speed without stopping.

 

[Instant Healing]

 

[Elven Healing]

 

Seeing the golem doing its job, Jay forcibly calmed himself down and began to apply all the healing spells he knew to Edward. Green light covered Jay's hand and the book, his entire body enveloped in the gentle green light, centered on Edward's heart.

 

"Leo, summon a servant." Aiden shouted at Leo, his sword hand clenched enough to whiten his knuckles. His body was drenched in sweat, his calm and heroic demeanor had already deteriorated, and the calm look in his eyes had been replaced by fear.

 

He finally gave up his Chuunibyou form and returned to the 18-year-old teenager who was accustomed to peace on Earth and loved to read novels. And it should be known that this young man was quite a coward.

 

"O-Okay." He wasn't in a position to ask how Aiden knew that. Leo thrust his hand into the empty air as he swallowed his saliva.

 

His hand disappeared in mid-air, entering his subspace inventory. He didn't have to deal with it because he didn't have much in his inventory. He reached for one of the two items in the inventory.

The item was a human-sized scroll, rolled up. Inside the scroll was written in the language of magic, a circle of magic was engraved in the middle. Inside the circle of magic was a star of geometric shapes, outside and inside the circle that circled it, and there were various spellings in it.

Vhoşş!

Just as Leo was about to get to work, a red spear split the parchment in his hand and thrust into his heart. Time slowed for him, and with a speed, he didn't know he had, Leo took the Prison Realm cube from his inventory and aligned it to his heart.

 

Ding! Crack!

 

When the spear hit the Prison Realm, it stopped advancing. Although its outer structure looked like it was made of human flesh, it was an artifact made of unknown metals and constantly hammered, not so easily destroyed.

 

However, when he took on Gae Bolg, a large fracture appeared on him. The shard consisted of four different shards, starting from where the tip of Gae Bolg had struck and spread to the entire earring.

 

Realizing that he was almost dead, Leo froze. His face slowly lost color, sweat pouring uncontrollably from his body as he stared first at Gae bolg on the ground, then at Scathach.

 

Fixing himself on the giant's head, Scathach looked at Leo with indifferent eyes, one hand on the ground and the other holding his spear. Another Gae bolg formed in the air as she stabilized her swaying body.

 

"We must run…" Leo said in a voice as thin and low as the hum of a fly. His legs lost their strength, he fell on his butt.

Those red wine-like eyes told Leo that whatever he did, she would reciprocate and that she saw all he could do. He felt so small in the presence of a pair of eyes filled with serenity that settled in them as if they would never be broken.

 

"What?" Jay, closest to Leo, was enveloped in gentle green light. He shouted at Leo as he continued to heal his friend's empty heart with a worried look on his face.

 

''We must run! Right! Now! We'll die if we stand here!" His hands cupped the ground, his fingers digging into the ground, shouting at the top of his lungs. His gaze did not leave Scathach.

 

"But Gae Bolg…"

"I don't care anymore if it's Gae Bolg or Divine item, even Enuma Elish. We have to get out of here or we're going to die." If Jay hadn't been healing his friend, he would have grabbed him by the clothes right now and shook him.

 

"O-Okay." Jay was aware of the seriousness of the situation. He waved his hand casually, the book opening, revealing blue-and-white lightning bolts.

 

[Lightning Doping]

 

The lightning slowly took shape, merging into a blue-white lightning orb. The lightning orb was getting brighter with every lightning it sucked.

 

"Simon, take this. This is a spell used to increase speed. I gave it all my mana. When you eat this, you will gain great speed." When Edward's heart was fully formed, he wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand.

 

"I will take us all into a sub-space. And you're going to start running in the dimension, just like Barry did in the show, okay?"

 

''OK. Understood. But will this give me that much speed?" He expressed doubt as he picked up the lightning orb. Running between dimensions was not something he could do at his current speed. He doubted that any doping or foreign aid he would receive would work.

 

''Will give. All my mana is more than you think, I also bolstered myself with spells that briefly expanded the mana pool before the battle started. This orb will give you enough speed to help you run through several dimensions." He didn't turn his attention to Simon any longer, waved his hand, and opened a certain page.

 

[Sub-Space]

 

[Develop]

He modified the Sub-Space to accommodate humans by developing it. After making sure that he had everyone in, he gave Scathach one last look with a sharp, cold stare, and went inside.

 

Once he got out of here, he would come back to take his revenge when he had enough strength.

 

Scathach noticed his gaze but did not move. She moved the tip of her spear slightly, and the golem split in two in an instant. Her gaze shifted to Simon, who was holding the lightning ball in her hand.

 

She had a lot of memories that could kill these idiots. No matter how much she beat or despaired them, they were foolish enough to plan and believe that she was messing around with this nutty golem, she could kill them any time she wanted.

 

Although she could easily kill them, she decided not to. The reason was that an ability she possessed intervened against her will and stopped her.

 

Wisdom of the Queen!

Being an enhanced version of [Wisdom of Dun Scaith], this ability could convey the future to her in different ways. It allowed her to see, whether in emotion, memory, vision, dream or otherwise. She could also still use the Wisdom of Dun Scaith.

 

This time, the future came to her as a feeling, and it was the same feeling as the joy and desire to teach when she took Cú Chulainn as her student.

 

This future, which was conveyed as emotion, made her shiver. She had always desired a second Cú Chulainn. She could teach her a lot of things, calm her eternal loneliness a little bit.

 

Crackle! Whoa!!

 

Simon's body was covered in white lightning after doping, also the orange lightning that appeared when he used his "own speed" was sprinkled between them.

 

Swish!!

 

He had already done dozens of laps in the environment while running almost faster than the speed of light. His speed was very fast, but Scathach could see him.

 

''So slow..''Scathach clicked her tongue as she stared at Simon, who was still not gone. As the idea of ​​recruiting new students came to her mind, her normally patient nature gave way to impatience. Spinning her spear in her hand, she decided to give this man some help.

 

She spun the spear in her hand, keeping her feet firmly on the ground, and stopped spinning when she held it in a javelin shape over her shoulder. She threw her spear after she had narrowed her sight at Simon.

 

Simon dodged the spear. He thought it was because of his speed, but he would never know he wasn't a target.

Crrttt!!

The space wall tore slightly, and a rift opened between the worlds. Within milliseconds Simon was at the door, thinking the opportunity had come.

Scathach looked to where Simon had disappeared. She grabbed Gae Bolg, who was returning to her, her emotions rose, a sense of anticipation rose. Since Cú Chulainn's training, she somehow liked to feel new feelings in her lonely and empty heart.

 

She thrust her hand into the space rift, sending the spear behind Simon. But she wasn't looking at the space rip or what she was doing. She turned her pensive eyes to the sky, only one thought in mind.

"What is my new student like?"

5