Chapter 95: Eri
84 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fuyumi-nee-chan?” The little girl walked back to the door like a bunny who was intrigued by Blake's words. She gripped the strap of her purse hard with both hands and spoke in a trembling tone.

“D-Do you know him, s-sir?” The girl looked up to look into Blake's eyes. Her red eyes met Blake's black eyes. Her fear of people was suddenly revealed in her heart and she averted her eyes.

"Yes, she is my girlfriend."

“?” The girl was pleasantly surprised. Her little mouth opened slightly and she looked at Blake in surprise. She didn't know that Fuyumi-nee-chan had a boyfriend, she had never mentioned it.

But after a quick thought, she thought it was very natural. Fuyumi-nee-chan, Rumi-nee-chan, Nemuri-nee-chan, Nejire-nee-chan, and Momo-nee-chan were each good people and very beautiful. They deserved to be loved.

''Then-''

“Little Unicorn, you're here!” Rumi's voice interrupted their conversation. The two of them simultaneously turned around and looked at Rumi, who was coming toward them.

"Rabbit-nee-chan." The girl's face, called Little Unicorn, lit up when she saw Rumi. The timid and withdrawn personality that she had shown beside Blake vanished in an instant, and she waved her hand at her with a bright smile.

Little Unicorn and Bunny-nee-chan were nicknamed they gave each other. Rumi gave her this name because of the horn on her forehead.

Blake stepped aside his back against the doorframe. Rumi walked through the gap he had made and came in front of the girl. She bent her knees and bent down until her eyes met hers. When she met her eyes, she pressed her forehead to hers, the tip of her left rabbit ear caressing the tip of her horn.

"Good morning, Little Unicorn. Did your brother bully you? If he did, tell me and I'll beat him for you.” Rumi raised an arm and said with a big smile.

One of Blake's lips curled up at Rumi's words. He rubbed her hair lightly and went inside, leaving the two girls alone.

His move saw by the little girl. Cute eyebrows knit, she couldn't make sense of Blake's move. He said that he was Fuyumi's boyfriend, but this move was very close. He was like a man taking a small scolding at his lover.

She squinted her eyes, as if Rumi had no problem with that, but rather liked it. The rabbit tail was shaking faster than before.

"No, Rabbit-nee-chan. Nii-san did nothing to me. On the contrary, he's been pretty nice to me.” Strangesese didn't say anything though. The greatest skill she developed during her childhood when she was mentally tortured, was not to speak unnecessarily and to avoid words that would upset the other party.

As long as she upset her step-father, he would be beaten mentally, maybe physically, and the surgeries would be more painful for her. In order not to upset the other side, she should not talk unnecessarily, and she should not voice her doubts.

As for Blake's being nice to her, she had noticed that Blake had stepped back so she wouldn't be startled. This showed that he was treating her well.

''That's good. Have you eaten? If you haven't, would you like to eat with us?" Rumi suggested as she rested her arms on her knees.

"Oh, O-Okay. I would like to.” The girl fidgeted at Rumi's proposal. She stood up excitedly on her toes, tightening the straps of her most trusted companion, her purse.

Rumi's warm gaze fell on her. She placed one hand under her hips and lifted her with one hand. It was a pretty funny sight, but the girl didn't seem to have a problem with it. Rather, she studied her surroundings, wondering what it was like to look at the world from above.

Blake looked at this view from the kitchen. A cute girl watching the inside of the house with a curious look in the hands of a 1.60-meter Rabbit woman. He chuckled as he brought out extra plates for the new guest.

Dishes continue to be prepared, the table looks more and more rich. Food of various colors, red, yellow, and green, looked more appetizing as it appeared on the table.

As time passed, the girls began to get up. Blake was the last to get Nejire out of bed. Even though he was going to get permission from the U.A. for her, he didn't want her to go to bed hungry. He told her to sleep after eating something and filling her stomach.

The girls took turns descending the stairs. For some reason, Momo and Fuyumi had black under-eye circles. They kept sneaking glances at Blake, then withdrawing their gazes, blushing fiercely.

Nemuri had that "Did I miss something?" look on her face. She remembered falling asleep last night after drinking a few glasses of wine. She didn't mind it when she woke up in the morning, but in her view, she had missed something important.

Nejire was constantly yawning. With her energy reserve, a few hours of sleep was enough for her, but she didn't have the energy to lift a finger after water release and activity during the night.

Fortunately, a few hours of sleep had given her enough energy to eat.

However, the various moods of the girls disappeared when the girls saw the little newcomer. With warm smiles, they sat next to the girl sitting on the sofa and started talking to her.

Blake placed a glass of cold water in front of the girls. He went to wake Teka. After informing Teka, he went downstairs and sat in the chair at the head of the table.

After talking with the little girl for a while, the girls looked at the appetizing table in front of them. Their bellies rumbled. Before starting, they took their cold water and drank it.

Their dry throats were soaked with fresh water throughout the night, and the headache they had felt from the hangover was now more bearable.

Nejire, who had lost a lot of liquid, especially during the night, finished the glass in one gulp. She reached for the jug to fill her glass with water.

They continued to eat, while Blake learned about the girls' affair with this little girl.

The girl's name was Eri. She was the grandson of a great Yakuza. At a young age, she had accidentally used her newly appeared Quirk on her father, causing her father's disappearance. Her mother, who lost her husband, labeled Eri, a kind of murderer of her husband, as a monster and gave it to her father.

Unlike her mother, her grandfather had treated her well, but he had always distanced himself from Eri because of this unknown Quirk. Although he smiled and called her "my granddaughter", he always knew in his heart that she was a time bomb.

After a while, his paranoia and fear of instant death couldn't take it anymore, and he gave her to his protégé, Kai Chisaki. He thought he could help him identify her grandson's Quirk and perhaps find a solution.

At that time, however, her grandfather fell into a critical illness. Kai took the opportunity to take over the organization. However, his main focus was still on Eri.

Eri's Quirk is called "Rewind". Eri's Quirk allows her to reverse a living individual's body back to a previous state, allowing her to make her target physically younger, heal injuries, and undo bodily modifications. She has even shown the ability to rewind someone's body to a point before they existed

Kai mysteriously found the effects of Eri's Quirk and realized that it was very compatible with his Quirk. From that day on, Eri's life of hell began. Every day, surgeries, blood draws, and various mental abuses began.

But that was until three months ago. Three months ago, Dabi revealed to them Kai's residence. After a quick meeting, the heroes suddenly stormed Kai's headquarters.

And it turned out to be the right decision. Thanks to their raid, they were able to save her without any further suffering.

As a result, though, Nighteye was in a coma and fighting for life and death. Mirio was badly injured, and several people had lost their Quirk and their jobs. And many more… anyway, Eri was saved and the villain was defeated, Everything that ends well is good, right?

Even though the girls didn't think it was like that, there was nothing they could do. They did their best that day. They could have saved more people if they had given their all, but instead, they decided to protect themselves and hide some of their strength in case they could get into a difficult situation.

And they didn't feel guilty about it at all. Blake had told them over and over and over to consider their own lives, and after repeated words, they were beginning to think it was all-natural.

There was nothing more natural than putting their safety first. It was now funny to them that they used to throw themselves forward thoughtlessly as if they had been mind-washed.

They had dreams for the future, and they had many thoughts about marriage and having children. They don't feel like they're living their life to the full, and they had a lot of things they wanted to do.

For all this to happen, they had to be alive in the first place.

It could be thought that more people were killed or injured because the girls did this. However, this is not the case, in fact, with this mentality that settled in their minds, they were thinking of ways to take down their enemies in the most effective and fastest way, and by doing so, they were saving more people.

Back to the topic, after the girls rescued Eri, they were visiting and spending time with her regularly with their 1-A students.

For some reason they don't understand, 1-A couldn't spend much time with Eri as they were constantly at the center of events, including Momo. But for Nemuri, Nejire, Fuyumi and Rumi, this was not a problem. Over time, they began to see her as a little sister.

Eri came here today because of the Bento promise the girls made to her a week ago. Eri had been visiting this house every morning for a week, but no one showed up to greet her.

Eri was not resentful or upset. Thinking that they had an important thing, she continued visiting them every morning, and at the end of the sixth day, the door opened.

“Then I'll prepare it for you.” Blake put down his fork and headed for the kitchen. His gesture did not carry any extra meaning. All he wanted was to cook a meal for a child.

The girls looked at him warmly before continuing to speak to Eri. Blake seemed to have a soft place for children in his indifferent heart. It was very sweet and precious to them.

“Eri-chan, you are so lucky. We wanted to cook for you, but since Blake's willing to do that, he'll do much better than we do.” Nejire explained as she placed some more food on Eri's plate. Her chin resting in her hand, she turned her head to Eri.

''Seriously? I'm excited…” Eri fidgeted. Several times she had eaten food made by Nejire and the others. They were delicious to her, and a childish excitement seized her heart when she heard that Blake had done better than they did.

“You can look forward to it. I'm torn between wanting one or not.” Momo wiped her lips with a napkin. She placed her fork next to the knives and other tools that Blake had placed for her, according to the table manners of rich people.

“Then it was two. Does anyone else want one?” Blake's voice came from inside when Momo said that. Momo blushed with embarrassment. She hadn't thought that Blake would hear her childish desires.

“Should I ask for one too?” Nemuri lowered her head thoughtfully. She was a little old for Bento, but she might feel younger if her students saw her with a bento.

“You're too old for that.” Blake's voice came again. The girls looked at Nemuri for a good show.

''Not at all. Even though I am older, my figure is more beautiful than most women and I have no wrinkles. In addition, not only young people, but even businessmen eat Bento's prepared by their wives.” Nemuri did not get angry like in previous times. She spoke with justified sarcasm, her arms folded in front of her chest.

"We both know you did it to feel younger."

Nemuri's face turned ugly. She felt a thin itch at the root of her teeth, the urge to bite someone to death was spreading through her mind.

''S-so what up? You still want to be with an old woman like me.” Nemuri swallowed to suppress the tremor in her voice. The gums were getting itchier.

"Yeah, some things didn't have... remedy" Blake stopped for a second before speaking the second half of his sentence. He sighed so the girls could hear. It was like he was in a vacuum and was starting to question things.

"Pfft~~" The girls at the table were doing their best to contain themselves, but a small part of Nejire's laugh escaped her lips.

Nemuri turned to the girls with narrowed eyes. Her narrowed eyes were curled up like two crescent moons, and the fire was gushing out. The girls turned their heads away as quickly as Nemuri's turned. Nejire let out a clumsy whistle. Momo continued to wipe her mouth. While Rumi pampered Eri, Fuyumi seemed to be delusional and hummed the melody of a song.

But none of them could hide their struggling lips and twitching cheeks.

Eri watched the girls interact. She didn't even notice that her lips were curling upwards. She chuckled unconsciously.

The girls happily finished their meal. As soon as they had finished eating, Blake came out of the kitchen with three bento boxes. Despite his words, he had prepared one for Nemuri.

He wasn't saying a bad word to her or distinguishing her from the other girls. He liked to treat each girl differently.

He liked to pamper Nejire, it was a pleasure to lay down and cuddle with Rumi in silence, he liked to listen to Momo's opinions, he liked to flirt and fry Fuyumi while he enjoyed making fun of Nemuri.

But at the end of the day, each of them was his beloved lover.

The girls finished their meal, helping Blake clear the table. Eri even bought a few plates and helped them out.

It was time to go. Eri came to the door and looked at Blake. Or rather, she looked at the steaming dishes she could feel was hot.

Blake held a bowl about the width of a hand and the length of a finger, each bento box made up of three small boxes. The pot was giving off smoke as if to indicate that new hot food had been added to it. After a few seconds, the smoke stopped, but the enchanting smell left by the smoke hung in the air.

"There's soup at the bottom. It has rice in the middle. The heat of the soup should keep the rice warm until you eat it. The third and final box had snacks such as fruits and sausages. Don't worry, they won't get hot.” ​​Blake took turns explaining, then put the lunch box in her bag. He zipped up the bag and opened the door.

“T-Thanks.” Eri rubs one hand on her purse as she leans over Blake. Her bag was warm, the heat burning her fingertips and her skin was painful, but what she had just experienced had made her feel so good.

She felt that she had a... family.

She went out the door. She jumped off the stepping stone in one leap. She turned back.

The group watched after her, seemingly having no intention of closing the door until she was gone. Her broken and gloomy heart stirred. Her red eyes were wet. Wiping the corners of her eyes with her palm, she leaned toward them.

“Thanks for everything.” She bent down one last time and turned around. Her hands were already holding her best friend, the purse strap. She staggered away from the group and headed toward the school.

Her dirty white hair was flying as she ran. Her two small hands were on the bag hanger, her outfit being swept away by the wind. Her face shone with the sun rising from the east. Her smile looked brighter than the sun.

...

In one particular part of Japan, everything seemed normal. The street was crowded with a lively crowd, vehicles were constantly passing by, and heroes were patrolling.

There was an air of festivity in the streets. Considering recent events, most events, except Blake, were a success for humanity and their futures brighter. People who could not contain their joy were throwing it out in various ways.

Supermarkets were giving discounts, workplaces were holding parties, and people were even greeting people they didn't know.

On this bright day, a blue portal opened. However, no one noticed this. Because the portal closed after a macro second.

Something had entered this world and no one noticed it except for three people.

Ignoring the other person who noticed it, this thing turned towards its target from the beginning, intruding into time by crossing time-space. It had only one thought in mind, and that was to wipe this person out of time by destroying him.

4