Unexpected night visit
110 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that incident with Asakura-san, Kurosawa-san kept a strange distance from me. Even when he came over for lunch, it seemed like he had an evasive attitude. He didn’t cook or stay to eat with me, merely bringing over a bento and leaving immediately afterwards. He even avoided looking me in the eye or talking about trivial stuff like usual. 

I also noticed that he didn’t smile so much anymore, always having a gloomy expression on his face. The few times I tried confronting him about it, he simply shrugged it off as being busy or tired.

Well, if he didn’t want to tell me, there was nothing I could do about it. Not like I could just read his mind and find out the mystery behind his abnormal behavior. 

But I had to admit that it made me feel rather upset. I kind of missed our talks during lunch, or his silly cheerful smile. 

Could it be that I had gotten used to his presence so much that it made his absence all the more painful? Previously, being alone was natural and felt comfortable, so why was it that now I was feeling so restless, like something was amiss?

Things continued in this manner for a week. Until one Thursday night when something ludicrous happened. Even now when I think about it, I still find it perplexing.

I had just finished taking a shower and was just about to lie down in bed and read for a while, when I suddenly heard noises coming from the door. The cat and I both stared in the direction of the entrance as if we were expecting aliens to pop out of nowhere.

At first, I thought it might be some neighbor walking past my door. Maybe they hit it with a bag or something. But when the noise kept going on and off, I finally had enough. So, I decided to get up and check it out.

I looked through the peephole but I couldn't see clearly. There seemed to be someone in front of the door, trying to use a key to unlock it. The small light on the corridor cast a flickering shadow over the person's face. And then, to my utter surprise, I unexpectedly  saw Kurosawa-san’s side profile.

Confused, I cracked the door open. Just when I was about to ask what was going on, the door was pushed open and Kurosawa-san strode inside my apartment like he owned the place.

When he rushed past me, I could smell a strong scent of alcohol and cigarettes. 

So, it appeared he had been out drinking and had one too many glasses, which led him to mistake my house for his. Splendid! Absolutely splendid! 

He was holding a key in one hand, while brushing his disheveled hair with the other. His necktie was askew and two buttons of his shirt were undone, revealing a good portion of his skin. 

I tried to keep my eyes from staring too much in that area, but it was already too late. My brain had already noted his Adam’s apple bobbing up and down, the alluring lines of his collarbones and the subtle shape of his chest muscles. For some reason this picture gave me goosebumps and a light shiver went down my spine. My scalp tingled and my fingers suddenly felt itchy. I wanted to touch that patch of unblemished skin, see how it felt under my fingertips. Would it be smooth and silky or firm and supple?

I had to clear my throat with a light cough in order to get my thoughts back on the right track. 

Meanwhile, Kurosawa-san's drunken gaze circled around the apartment several times, until it finally settled on me.

"Ah, this is Masato-sensei. Why is he here?"

"Hah? This is my house, you idiot. Obviously, I'd be here." I snapped.

"Why do I keep seeing him in front of me?” Kurosawa-san whined, brushing both his palms over his face. “This is bad, really bad. I keep dreaming about him and thinking about him so much that I see his face whenever I close my eyes. Now I see him even when I keep them open."

What?! What nonsense is this idiot spouting now? Has he drunk so much that his brain became mush and he cannot think straight? Or has he gone silly from overwork?

"Really, I know I like men but I'm so infatuated with him that it's beginning to scare me."

"Well, that makes two of us. You're really scaring me right now. So, Kurosawa-san, please wake up and go home."

"No! I'm not leaving unless you come with me."

"Why would I go with you?! This is my house!" I yelped in exasperation.

"You have to come with me." Kurosawa-san continued to ramble. "There are so many things I wanna show you. Being cooped up in this house all the time is not good."

Ah, so now he realizes this is in fact my house and not his. Good, we're finally getting somewhere. Maybe I'll be able to make him go away soon.

I was really too naïve to think that way, though. 

Not even a second later, Kurosawa-san continued his slurred speech, completely unaware of what was going on. As he talked, he kept flailing his arms around, probably thinking that it would help his silly talk seem more convincing. 

"The world is such a beautiful place, Masato-sensei. You have to see more of the world." Kurosawa-san said, a lopsided grin forming on his face. I had to admit that he looked quite comical.

"I'm seeing enough of the world right now and I have to say I don't like it very much.” 

I huffed a breath, waving a hand in dismissal. 

“So, would you please go away and take that world with you?" I finally asked in desperation.

And, in order to get my point across, I also began shoving his body towards the door, hoping I'd be able to throw him out quickly.

However, it seemed that I underestimated the level of stubbornness a drunkard has. Truly a mistake I shall never make again!

 

First release of the weekend. There will be three chapters this weekend! \^.^/ Enjoy! <333

3