A promise and a confession
108 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What?!” I cried out in stupefaction. “But didn’t you say that he would only accept it if others leave him? Why would he be the one leaving?”

“I guess with age he got stupider.” Amami-chan replied, clicking her tongue in dissatisfaction. “That and the fact that I had a conversation with him. During that discussion he mentioned you, as well as the fact that he did something to upset you. He’s been beating himself up because of it this whole time. I don’t know what happened. No matter how many times I asked, he simply wouldn’t tell me. That’s why I am asking you, Keita-kun, talk to him, please?”

‘I think you’re more important to him than even he realizes. Keita-kun. You don’t know how he speaks of you, how his eyes lit up whenever you are brought into a conversation. I don’t know if it’s something more than friendship you two have, but honestly I don’t care about that. All I want is for my brother to be happy. And if you are his source of happiness, then I will love you as a brother.’

Hearing the last part, I felt a blush rising to my face and my scalp began to tingle. It’s really a good thing she stopped there. If she said anything more than that, I probably would have jumped up from my seat and ran away. 

Luckily, soon after Amami-chan took her hand away. I glanced at her and when I saw the pleading look in her eyes, I couldn’t help but sigh internally. 

This was a bit troublesome, especially since talking to Kurosawa-san was so difficult these days. But if what she said was true, and it had something to do with me, then I just had to do it. Besides, I was beginning to dislike this attitude of his more and more.

“Alright. I promise to try and talk to him. I can’t say if it will have any effect, but I will try nonetheless.” I stated solemnly.

“Thank you, Keita-kun! Thank you so much! You’re an angel!”

Saying that, Amami-chan almost threw herself into my arms. 

In order to avoid any other unnecessary physical contact, I simply raised my hand and shot her a timid smile.

“You’re welcome. It’s true that I also care about Kurosawa-san very much. Therefore, there is no need for you to thank me so passionately.”

“Right. Then, I’ll leave everything to you, Keita-kun.” Amami-chan beamed at me.

After this, Amami-chan and I parted ways, each going in a different direction. 

While driving back towards my apartment, I kept mulling over everything I had just heard earlier. All that stuff about Kurosawa-san caused me to be a bit muddle-headed. 

I was the one who promised to take the first step and talk to him, but thinking about it now, my resolve was beginning to waver. I didn’t know how to approach him, nor how to open such a sensitive subject. Particularly because we haven’t been on such good terms lately. 

Should I just send him a message or simply call him? Or was it better to wait until he comes over next time and try then?

Just as I was spinning all these ideas inside my head, I noticed someone standing in front of my apartment door. That body frame and posture somehow seemed very familiar.

“Asakura-san?” I asked hesitantly.

The man turned his head around and it proved I was right. The man was indeed Asakura Ryuu.

He was dressed in casual clothes. A simple pair of cream pants combined with a white shirt and a light-colored jacket. His hair wasn’t styled, instead it drifted naturally over his forehead, almost covering that pair of penetrating eyes.

“Masato-sensei.” He greeted me with a smile. “Do you have time to talk right now?”

“Uhm, yes, of course. Please come in.” I said as politely as I could.

After opening the door I stepped aside to allow him to enter my apartment. When I eventually followed him inside, I began to feel flustered for some reason. 

Why was this person here? And more importantly, how did he know where I lived? I don’t remember telling him that.

“Can I offer you anything? Something to drink? I have coffee and tea…”

“It’s fine. Just water, please.”

“Alright. Then please take a seat.” I gestured towards the sofa. “I’ll be there in a moment.

After a little while we were both seated, each with a glass of water in front of us. We continued to stare at each other silently, until I finally couldn’t stand it anymore.

“Uhm, Asakura-san you… you wanted to talk to me about something?

“Yes. I will be honest with you and say it openly. Would you please reconsider your decision regarding that business trip?”

I looked at him dumbfoundedly. Again, with this. What was it about this trip that made it so special? Why did he keep asking me to go with him?

“Asakura-san, I spoke my mind last time we talked about this. My reasons haven’t changed since then. As soon as there are some advancements in the planning process, I will reconsider my options. Until then, I am afraid you will have to make do with my current decision.”

“So, no matter what I say, you won’t change your mind?”

“I really don’t understand why this trip is so important that you have to go to such lengths to convince me.” I asked, unable to hold back.  

“It’s important due to personal reasons.”

“Personal reasons?” I gaped at him. 

What was this person saying? If it was personal to him, then why care so much whether I go or not? Unless… am I somehow connected to this personal business of his?

I guess seeing my conflicted expression made Asakura-san decide to stop beating around the bush and come straight at me.

“Masato-sensei… Keita, I want to go with you on this trip, just the two of us. I want to be able to spend time with you, to talk and get to know each other better.”

“Asakura-san, I am afraid I don’t understand…” I said, my tone sounding uncertain.

“What I mean is that I am interested in you, Masato Keita.” He said, shifting his position and leaning closer towards me. “I like you. More than just a business partner or a friend. I want to be close to you, to get to know you and for you to know me.”

At this point my brain blanked out and I didn’t even realize he had stopped speaking. 

A moment later, I felt a warm touch on my shoulder and something overshadowed me. He was leaning closer and closer, until there were just a few centimeters between us. 

That’s when I heard his inner thoughts, loud and clear, shattering any trace of doubt I might have had regarding this person’s motives.

‘Keita, I like you. I like you very much. Ever since that day, so many years ago, I… I have kept you in my heart and mind ever since…I kept thinking about you… If you would only give me a chance to show you…’

 

We have already entered the last arc of the story, so there aren't many chapters until the end. I want to make this a better experience, so there will be a surprise double update this weekend!  °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖° 

After the main story ends there will be a few extra chapters, so watch out for those as well!  (*^ ‿ <*)♡

2