Chapter One: Butlers are rare
31 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daryl was busy making his classroom feel welcoming to his new students. It would be his first year of teaching and he wanted to make the best first impression  a person like him could make.It wasn’t easy to convince the board to allow an recently dis-charged military personnel with his record to teach with only a teaching degree in history to prove his credentials for the job, however the last teacher quit ten days to the start of the new school year, giving  him the job. Straightening the Bible on his desk he went to the front door to begin greeting the returning students.

Jake swaggered towards the school. The last teacher he had had barely lasted a year with news of her quitting quickly circling the students body. This year he hoped to get the teach out before winter break. Going down the hall and turning the corner the newest history teacher faced him. The man looked like a drill Sargent with a large frame and height and a crew cut to match. Quickly fixing his uniform Jake hurried into his classroom daring to not give direct eye contact.

Other than an obvious trouble maker the class filed in with relative ease. After introductions and quick run down on the course Daryl to inspire the students to do more pulled out an relic of the war in Afghanistan and started to lecture on his experiences he during the war.

The school year passed with little to no hiccups until that faithful  day that started with a late bus.

Daryl grumbled as he started the engine of the late bus. Although the teachers took turns driving it he got the unlucky job of being the late bus driver on Fridays. Waiting for the bus to fill he noticed the group of students approaching his bus. Jake and his goons were constantly late usually due to in school punishments. Although they where always a pain, they usually cleaned up their act when Daryl was around and today was no different. When they all were situated he began to drive the bus and while he was driving a portal seemed to be forming around the bus until it fully formed transporting everyone inside the bus to a new world.

Darly woke up to a blue screen and a raging headache. Eyeing it the information became more clear to him.

You have gained the class Butler

Passive: Quiet Steps

Passive: Silent Agony 

Passive: Mannequin

Due to Unusually High Rad user has gained the abilities Heal and Cleanse   

Seeing the screen confirmed his suspicions. He was sent to another world with the other students. Getting of the bed he noticed a folded pair of clothes with a mask. Picking the letter next to the pile he read its contents.
Dear outerworlder,

You’ve been accidentally summoned to our world with our intended target. Please do not select anything without the consent of your charge. Also you’ve been “hired” to become the main butler for our second princess. Please put on the provided clothing and mask. Failure will result in death.
Sincerely, The Head Maid.
 
Finishing the letter didn’t do much to ease his tensions and more or less confirmed his fear. Eyeing the pile he began to strip and noticed an seal on his chest it didn’t seem harmful but when Daryl touched it excruciating pain flooded his system this must been what the meant by “hiring” as he finished up putting on his uniform a bell rang forcing him to attention.
 
Mary Fiddle never liked new hires, they always complained and took money that could be going to her pocket. She hated slaves even more, slave seals made for obedient workers but didn’t allow for the quick thinking that was needed in this type of job. The princess however was notorious for losing servants to the point that being a servant of the princes for more than a week entitled you and your next of kin a life of relative comfort. Slaves however dropped like flies. When you got a toddler giving you orders dying is basically a guarantee with the last slave being mercifully executed by the king himself after a session of “dress up”. Looking at the newest slave she felt pity for his plight. His build was borderline orkish with the lack of tusks betraying the facade, his aura was clean and most importantly he was used to service. Such a shame a specimen like him would be sacrificed to the little menace. It wasn’t her job to ponder why the king would waste such an asset on not even the crown prince but the 13th princess but to get him ready for service. Clapping her hands to get him to attention she began to teach him on the ways of service.
 
Darly just finished a class on proper posture and never realized how much of his height hid behind his terrible posture. His old posture made him measure at 6.6 ft(2.012 meters) but with his lessons in posture made him measure at 6.8 ft(2.07 meters) laying down on his cot he went over his status screen.
Status
Name: Daryl Treed Level: 1
Gender: Male Human Class: Butler
Race: Human Fame: 0
Traits
[NetherTouched]
[GoodSpirted]
Health 128/128  Stamina 100 / 100
Vitality 15 Mana  50/50
Strength 10 Endurance  20
Dexterity 5 Wisdom 5
Radiance 10 Corruption  0
Skills
Active Passive
Heal II Quiet Steps
Cleanse III Silent Agony
Cook I Mannequin 
Over the month he’s been here Daryl was able to to rank up the two skills he’s started out with and even learn one. His training to be ready also enlightened him to how his passives worked. Quiet steps was quite explanatory, allowing him to move with little noise. Silent agony and mannequin however where whole different league. Silent Agony allowed for his body to ignore any pain. Mannequin granted him prefect control of his body allowing him to move in ways that would destroy the bodies of others. Silent Agony allowed him to utilize Mannequin to its fullest as the body would feel pain being forced into these unnatural movements. Closing his status, Daryl felt prepared for what ever this world threw his way.
The king paced in his throne room. The heroes they summoned easily took the bait of humans bad elves good, shedding their  humanity and becoming more desirable. The main issue was the 13th princess. The last servant of her court was found dead hanging in the rafters with a note of condolence for his actions. Over the past month the king tried to get elf, goblin heck even troll servants to serve the princess but alas to no avail his efforts bore no fruit. This lead him to look for slaves and no slaver would sell to the king anymore as they knew what would happen to there merchandise once in possession of the king. This lead him no choice. He had to use human slaves. Although the thought made him squirm it was better than leaving the princess to her own devices. The carriage rocked as the princess bounced against the walls. The king really should have gotten her an etiquette teacher but the last one shot his brains out with an bow  after a day of classes with the girl. Stepping out of the carriage he spied the newest and hopefully last servant  of the princess. Although he was human the mask would hide that while the gloves would conceal the pale skin of humans. Eyeing the slave as the crest was activated to the princess he only hoped this otherworlder would end this sharade.
 
2