Lost
141 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I have a prologue that gives some backround on destiny for the people that haven't played?
  • Yes Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No Votes: 4 33.3%
Total voters: 12

"Come on Chris hurry it up! " 

That voice... I know that voice.

"We won't have another shot at this. It's a darkness zone, no light... no resurrection."

A different voice this time. A face flashes in my memory. A female titan ready to fight the world. 

"Never been the type to shy away from a fight. What's one more ?"

This time it was a male voice. One of the only human hunters to defeat Lord Shaxx one on one.

"Another Day, Another bad guy. What's the difference?"

A jovial voice rings out from a titan. A man who feared no one.

"The difference is that this time we are fighting a god."

A voice filled with indifference and knowledge. A warlock renowned for his knowledge.

"Alright, guys."

Everyone goes quiet as they all focus on one person. The leader of their fireteam, the only person they would trust with all of their lives.

"Let's kill this so-called taken king."

"Wa... U..."

A voice threatens to pull me from where I am. Wait... NO! I have to stop them. They can't win!

"Wake Up!"

My body pulls forward as my hands reach out to stop them from going.

"Nightmare?"

I look up and find myself face to face with my ghost, Iris.

"..."

Deciding not to respond to my ghost I start to take in my surroundings and to my surprise, I find myself in a forest. I thought we were at the tower.

"That's strange  I can't seem to reach the tower..."

A deep growl catches breaks us from our thoughts as I materialize my ace of spades and my ghost dematerializes on instinct.

"A taken wolf?"

Across from me is a jet black monster with a white mask on. Before I can continue inspecting my enemy it rushes toward me.  Preparing myself for battle I shoot a bullet at its mask before dodging away to the right.  Turning back to face my enemy I find... nothing.

'Did it just disintegrate?' Iris asks in my head. Sheepishly rubbing my neck at how seriously I took something that died after one shot.

'Chris, whatever that thing was, it certainly wasn't taken. It's reading was unlike anything I have ever seen, the closest comparison I can give would have to be something like... a darkness zone.'

Shivering at the implications of what this new enemy could mean I take stock of what I have. It seems like I have most of my weapons with me, skipping past the legendary weapons I look at the exotics that I had on me. I had my Ace Of Spades (Bless Caydes Soul), Hawkmoon, The Last Word, Monte Carlo, Red Death, Thunderlord, Ice Breaker, Raze Lighter, Gjallarhorn, Patience And Time, and last but not least the Vex Mythoclast.

I had on a black t-shirt with black jeans for some reason. I had on the Bones Of EAO but there seemed to be something blocking me from materializing more than 1 piece of armor. Great.

To make matters even better, there was something blocking me from using my solar and void energy. I only felt the familiar pull of arc pulsing through my body.

'You are not going to believe this.' Iris breaks me from my reverie. 'Look at the moon'

Looking up at the sky my heart starts pounding in disbelief as I stare at the moon above me... or should I say what's left of it. The moon was shattered like a piece of glass.

'We are on earth but... not our earth. This place is different, I can still sense the darkness but its not the same. Where... are we?'

A series of growls break us from our search for answers. Facing us were about twenty of the 'taken wolves' and many more popped up on my radar.

"Well, at least it wouldn't be the first time we have been lost." Chuckling to myself to keep my spirits up I take aim with my ace of spades.

"At least there are bad guys to get rid off, that never changes."

 

 ~Unknown Diary

I guess I should put this down huh. He told me that it is always better to keep records of the past and to write it down since I don't like to speak very much. The very first moment that I want to write down is the moment I met him. Someone that didn't bully me, didn't hate me for no reason, someone who actually seemed to care. He is and always will be the first... He said something about a hunter needing to be a lone wolf, but he was something more than that. He protected me, no that's not the right word... he guarded me. He was my guardian.

 

3