Chapter 13: The Sneaking Around Chapter
1.5k 2 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Selena’s POV

The hardest part of transforming was always the leg paws. Something about my legs shifting to a digitigrade position was uniquely unnerving, mostly that I often found myself doing a little half-jig trying to keep them from cramping in the process. I’m sure that made for a funny sight, because I heard Nora giggling from the doorway as she entered the room. I blushed a little bit as my legs finished changing and I finally rested them.

The oddest part of the process was definitely seeing how much taller than Nora I became. Though I had changed in front of her just a few times, I always noted how adorably small she was, compared to me. I ran up to her and hugged her, ruffling her hair as she snuggled up to my chest. Feeling her there was so incredibly soothing, especially as my chest grew in fully as I finished up my transformation.

I lifted her chin up with a finger, and planted a kiss on her gorgeous lips, and she made a muffled moaning sound. We stayed in the kiss for maybe a bit longer than could be considered non-lewd, and as we departed from it, I saw the full extent of her smile.

“Looks like I’m back!” I almost yelled as I held her close to me.

“Careful, babe,” she wheezed out, “you’re hugging me a bit tight.”

I became even more blushy as I released her. I decided to walk over to the corner of the room and find some clothes, remembering that we had a guest. Ugh, she was lucky that it was a serious situation, otherwise I wouldn’t have even considered going through all that for her. Then again, it was because of the serious situation that I had decided to hold off on taking those stupid meds, so I guess I was at least grateful for that.

It felt so good to feel free and like myself again. The last month had felt like I was bouncing around inside an empty shell, trying to break free. After finding appropriate underwear, I rummaged through the pile of clothing I’d stowed in my girlfriend’s closet, and found what I was looking for, a tight-fitting t-shirt and some skinny jeans. I was surprised by the breathability of both materials, having fur was nice except for when it got a bit too toasty, and I was worried my shopping binge last month would have overlooked that a bit. I supposed that’s what clothes specially made for people like me were for!

As I finished putting the clothes on, I noticed Nora still staring at my body. I chuckled and commented, “You’ve got a lot of nerve being the one to ogle me, babe.”

She made a sound that was incredibly cute and gay, and tackled me into her bed. As she started to feel me up, I resisted playfully by gently flipping us both over and pinning her down lightly, as I planted a kiss on her forehead.

“Is this okay?” I asked.

She nodded eagerly as she giggled. Gods, I loved hearing her soft voice laughing like that. As much as I would’ve loved to continue, I paused, remembering our guest.

“Hey Nora,” I said, “I think it’s best that we stave off our reunion session until we’ve got our pal over there home.”

She sighed as she made a grumbling sound. “I guess, Selena, I’m just kind of disappointed that it’s been this long and we still can’t be intimate like that because of something random like that.”

I booped her nose as I repositioned myself to lay down next to her on the bed. “Don’t rag on fate like that, Nora,” I replied with a somewhat optimistic tone, “as far as I see it, fate’s the only reason I’m here tonight. Human me was stuck halfway between deciding to stay as himself and allowing himself to become me again. So as I see it, we can both count ourselves lucky.”

Nora shrugged, and switching to a different topic, decided to recount what all had just happened as I’d been eating my dinner in the kitchen. As I listened, I found myself intrigued by Johnson’s, or rather, Charlie’s change in demeanor and attitude. I was also reminded by her to not let Johnson know who I was, she had already informed me that I’d been too obvious at the party with Jamie and didn’t want a repeat here, where the situation was so delicate.

We both decided it’d be best to check in on her, at least. She had seemed to be doing better, per Nora, but it probably would still be disorienting to wake up in a strange bed again. We both entered the room, surprised to see her sitting up somewhat and browsing her phone, if clumsily.

“Hi Charlie,” Nora spoke up, startling the girl, “I’d like to introduce you to my girlfriend, Selena.”

Immediately, Charlie’s eyes went wide and her ears tucked back in a way that even I had to admit was adorable. “I’m sorry,” she squeaked out.

“For what, Charlie? I’m just glad that Nora’s roommate found you and helped you back here,” I replied, smiling reassuringly.

She whimpered as she seemed to struggle with whether to say something, a conflicted look crossing her face. I decided to walk over there and put my paw on her head, stroking her ears reassuringly. This seemed to calm her down. For all she knew, I didn’t know who she was, it seemed, and I hoped it would stay that way until at least tomorrow, when she was back home safe in her bed.

Speaking of which, it was now past 8 pm, with all the time we’d spent doing things. I turned to Nora and gestured to the girl and pointed to my wrist. She nodded and got the point.

“Hey Charlie,” she spoke softly, “Selena and I want to take you back to your house, but first we want to make sure your housemate is in his room and won’t see us when we arrive, so you don’t have to deal with that until later, when you’re sober.”

Charlie replied meekly, still with her ears anxiously tucked back, “He usually games in his room after he gets home and doesn’t come out. I think we can go…”

“Can you walk to the car, Charlie?” I asked, “or do you need me to carry you?”

She seemed intimidated by the question and then quietly replied, “I think I’d feel safer if you carried me.”

I nodded, making sure she was taken care of. As we asked more about the house, she told us that her roommate’s room and bathroom were in the basement, so even if she did need to use the bathroom during the night, he wasn’t likely to encounter her.

As we approached the house, she started yawning in earnest, clearly tired by the night of over-intoxication, impromptu self-discovery, and stressful social interactions. We scouted the place first, making sure her housemate wasn’t in the kitchen or living room on the main floor, and then I finally entered, creeping upstairs carrying her over my shoulder, like a sack of potatoes.

I tucked her into bed and made sure she was set and turned to leave. “If you ever need help, Charlie,” I said, “no matter what you look like, and we mean it, we’re here to help you. Just text Nora’s roommate and we’ll be on our way.”

She nodded, snuggling up into bed as she squeaked out a “thank you.”

I speed-walked stealthily down the stairs and out the door, closing it quietly as I crept back to the car. As I re-entered and Nora reversed out of the driveway and began to drive off, we both breathed a collective sigh of relief. We just kind of sat in silence before she began to laugh in a very slightly nervous way, as I just turned to look at her bewilderedly.

“She was really cute, you know,” she replied, “the way she said she wanted to be pretty forever when she came out of the bathroom. I wish you could’ve been there to see that.”

I nodded and gave a little chuckle myself. “Yeah, who would’ve guessed? The guy who assaulted me turned out to be a damsel in distress.”

She nodded, her expression shifting to a bit more serious. “I’m sorry,” she replied, “I’m sorry you had to deal with that. I guess I just saw a lot of the person I used to have a lot of respect for in who she was tonight, when she had nothing left to lose.”

I pondered that for a minute. “Hey Nora,” I spoke, “I’d like to keep helping her. I know you have your reservations about bigotry, but it really seems like she could make an effort to be a better person, and us helping her these next few days could really change her life for the better.”

Nora smiled and replied, “I wanted to ask you the same thing, but I didn’t want to pressure you after she had hurt you inexcusably like that, and you’d already done so much for her tonight.”

I ruffled her hair. “I think we’ll be fine, just as soon as we can figure out how she’s going to react tomorrow, and how much she remembers about tonight.”

So, folks, if you want to see the end to this story right now, that's posted on Patreon, as is the introduction to the next story I'm writing. The next story will be called "Tempting Fate", and will be inspired loosely on some works of Shakespeare and Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, and the theme will be the Major Arcana of the Rider-Waite tarot deck. This story will continue to be posted on ScribbleHub as I begin to write more of the next story.

Also, I have a discord server now, if you want discussion/updates on stuff!  https://discord.gg/5MuBeY3aX5

100