Chapter 7
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Friday came, and Alissa had decided to take a day off so that she could get everything that she needed for tonight.

She got ready and ate, then she was out the door. When she got to the mall, she went around looking at different dress shops.

Alissa knew that she would be broke for the rest of the month after spending her money like this. But it was worth it. As long as she got to see Aron that's all that mattered.

After going to many shops, she eventually found the dress that she liked. It was a white gown, she tried it on. She felt a bit self-conscious as she had never dressed up like this. She bought the dress and then went to the costume shop.

Bingo, she found a mask to match her whole outfit. She went and bought some cosmetics to use when she had gotten everything that she needed. She headed back to her dorm.

Alissa arranged the rest of her things, such as the transport and made sure she got the right place. She worried the whole day that her plan wouldn't work but she wouldn't know unless she tried. She waited the whole day until night time came.

When it finally came, she started to get ready, she took off her glasses and placed on her contacts. She brushed her hair back and started to do her makeup. When she was done, she put on her gown and she didn't recognize herself.

She took a deep breath and called a cab when it came, she got in and told the driver where she was going.

Alissa couldn't afford to turn back now, after all the effort she had put in. Her phone rang, and it was Lexie's number.

"Hey, Lexie."

"We are going clubbing bish!"

"I can't."

"Why not, Alissa?"

"I have other things to take care of."
"Like what?"
"I will tell you later Lex."
Lexie ended up giving in, then she hung up. The cab pulled in and she noticed they were so many people in gowns and suits.

She paid the cab driver and got out of the car. She took a deep breath and went climbed out of the car. She secured her mask and saw that people were staring at her. Was there a stain on her dress?

Alissa took a deep breath and when she was about to walk in. She was stopped at the door.

"Your invite mam."
Shit, this was the one thing that she hadn't thought out. Now all her efforts would go for naught. She looked up at the guard and knew that she couldn't play herself out of this one.

"I seem to have forgotten it."
"I'm sorry then, you can't get in."
Alissa wanted to beg but people were staring.

"She is with me."

Alissa looked to the side and found a guy who looked rich, he had brown eyes and hair.

"My apologies." The guard said.

She walked in with the stranger, "Thank you so much."
"You are welcome, and who might you be?"

"I'm Alissa."

"Nice to meet such a beautiful girl such as yourself."
"Thank you." She stuttered. She had never been called that.

Alissa started to look around so that she could spot Aron, but the place was way too crowded. It was very beautiful inside.

"Are you looking for someone?" the stranger asked.

"Yes."
"Who? Maybe I can help you find them."
Alissa bit her lip, "I can't really say."

"Mr. Everson."

A guy came and shook the stranger's hand. She now knew his surname.

"Is this your date Sir."

"Yes, this is Alissa."
Alissa was a bit surprised that he had called her his date.

"Nice to meet you." As she greeted the new stranger.

She finally spotted what she was looking for. There Aron stood, she could tell by his height and eyes. Next to him was Paula clinging to his arm.

She felt some jealousy in her. Two hours had passed and still, Alissa couldn't muster the courage to go and greet Aron.

She kept on looking at him from afar and every-time she would psych herself up, she would chicken out.

She was surprised that a lot of guys kept on asking her to dance, but she refused and glued her eyes to Aron.

Alissa slowly drank a glass of champagne and look at the time. It was eleven at night! She needed to start heading back as she came alone.

She wanted to say at least one word to him, then she would leave. She readjusted her mask and took a deep breath.

She waited and there was her chance, Aron got up and made his way to the bar. Alissa started to move towards him, they were so many people dancing.

When she got in front of him, she realized he wasn't wearing a mask anymore. He looked at her inquisitively. The music that played was soft.

"Um...."
"Do I know you?" Aron said.

Alissa stood on her tip toes and she kissed him.

0