050 – The First Turning Point
370 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later that day, in the cellars.

The cellar doors creaked as they were slowly opened.

A man in a white lab coat holding a handbag came through the door. With dirty blonde hair and coffee brown eyes, a face that made you just want to pity him and an air that made you want to hate him even more, he was known amongst the slaves as 'That Dumb Doctor who Works for Lady Violet.' Even if he was amongst the "Sub-Circle" he wasn't treated like an authority figure, due to his lack of achievements.

He looked to the far end of the room, where he saw sharp golden eyes glaring at him. Then he looked at the being in front of him. A little girl with her fingers bleeding and her skin deathly pale. He sat her up then lightly slapped her cheeks to confirm whether she was alive.

The girl's eyes opened slowly. She looked around her, silently grunting at the pain she now felt. The man looked at her teeth. White fangs were growing nicely and her cheek bones looked healthy. He looked at her eyes, and nothing seemed off about them.

"Hmm, it seems that the experiment managed to last the three weeks without prepared feed, probably feeding off the blood of the animals in the forest."

He jotted it down in a notebook, then gently let the girl on the ground. He then took out a syringe, and placed an empty glass vial on it.

"Grimm, this is only a temporary solution, you know?"

Vladimir said, while injecting the syringe into the little girl's arm.

"Yes, yes. It doesn't matter. We'll use it only once either way."

The silent figure whose presence was barely noticeable in the darkness responded.

"Papa?"

Ulva tiredly said, trying to sit up. The man smiled after she said that. One smile that made him seem like he was content at life, even with his face.

"P-papa? D-did I do something wrong?"

"Tch… nothing at all darling. You can rest easy."

After hearing those words, tears started flowing out the little girl's eyes. Her heart ached and her mind didn't want to believe what she had just heard.

"T-Then why? Why did you sell me?"

She begged for an answer and the scientist didn't respond to her.

"Stop crying. I made you to be stronger and more durable than humans. Something of this level shouldn't be able to harm you."

"Don't you think you are being a bit too harsh?"

Grimm asked.

"What? I don't want to lose this glass vial. It's not easy getting those especially when you live in such a poor country. Besides, what do you care?"

Grimm shrugged then looked away.

"P-papa… I'm sorry for whatever I did. I-I didn't mean to."

He patted her head.

"Listen to me. You did nothing wrong, ok? We just had to."

"Hey! Human! Stop it! Do not lie to her! Don't give her false hope…"

After having enough of what she saw, the princess let out an angry roar.

"Huh? What do you want, you stupid ogress? Just shut up in your corner of the room or else…"

Vladimir threatened. His whole demeanour switched up.

"Tch… can't you see you're hurting her?"

"Hmm?"

"… I really hate your kind."

She muttered under her breath.

"What was that?"

"I said that I really hate your kind! You stupid adults who think they birthed someone means having absolute authority over them! I really hate it! You shit heads! You're just like him! That stupid bastard who killed my mother!"

"Oh? A sudden revelation? The ogre princess has a bad relationship with her father? That means you are useless to us. Tch, first time Grimm fails, huh?"

Grimm looked at him from the corner of his eye. However Vladimir didn't care. It was no secret that Vladimir did not enjoy his presence.

"Whatever! Stay away from the girl."

"Hey, I just had a fun idea. Since we are all making revelations, Ulva, why don't I tell you what actually happened in the village you were raised in three weeks ago?"

The little girl looked up with curious eyes.

"It's actually quite the funny story once you hear it."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Hahaha! How do I start?"

***

Three Weeks Ago

The moon shone beautiful up on the sky, spreading its gentle light upon the village below.

However, it was a bloodstained evening for the humans. Houses had been set on fire, dead bloodied bodies laid sprawled on the ground and those who were unfortunate to still be alive, kept on running, screaming for their lives or just going insane.

A creature that blurred through the area kept on cutting down the humans without warning, its long claws shredding them like paper. Its blood red eyes scanned the area for all forms of life that contained blood it could consume.

It was quite the dangerous creature. A monster of nightmares. A blood crazed beast that usually appeared only during a blood moon, terrorizing weak villages according to myths. It was one that had two faces. A face for the day and one for the night. It was known as a lamprey, or more popular, a dhampyr.

It ran towards a house at the outskirts of the village. It broke down the door and entered the place, where it found two people. A woman with dark black hair and sharp blue eyes, and a man with dirty brown hair and coffee brown eyes. The two glared at the lamprey then smirked.

"It would seem the transformation experiment failed, dear husband of mine."

The woman said as she took a sip of tea.

"Indeed. Another one of the children was a failure. And after we spent so much time with her."

"When will the execution squad be here?"

"Shouldn't be long now. Until then, how should we deal with her?"

"I don't know. What do you think, Ulva dear? How should we deal with you?"

The monster snarled at them then charged at them. The couple simply showed the creature a mirror and it froze. It looked at its reflection, then at its claws, as if just realizing that it existed. The monster let out a horrid scream, while holding its head and smashing it against the ground.

"As expected. As its body attacks us, its mind is being deluded that it is actually dreaming. So I was right, dear! Lampreys don't control themselves. It is just a wild transformation it would seem. A sort of uncontrollable adrenaline rush."

It looked at the duo again, its hair changing from white to black and its form changing between monster and little girl. Tears began flowing through her eyes as she looked at them.

"M-mama! Papa?"

"Yes dear, come to us. Mommy and daddy are here."

The woman said. The man however scoffed at the monster. He was sour from the fact that he just lost his bet.

"To think that thing contains my blood. The boss sure has a messed up way to have fun, don't you think?"

"Shush… now's not the time for that. I'm trying to acknowledge your failure."

"Pfft… very well, go on then. Try to control the monster and prove me right, dear."

He said with a cocky grin.

"Come here. Come into mommy's hands."

The woman stretched out her hand to the little girl, calling for her to come forward.

The little girl… monster, stumbled towards the woman's arms. Just a little bit more and she would have been in the woman's arms. Suddenly, the wall of the house broke down and coming through, was a person.

"Finally, you're here to subjugate the monster."

The man cursed.

"Papa?"

"Don't call me that you abomination. Only my dearest Ulva has such rights."

The man walked towards the broke down wall, which prompted the creature to look at the new comer. The stranger wore mid-night black armor. That was all she could get, right before she saw a blinding light and lost consciousness.

===========================================

"Get it now, daughter of mine? You killed everyone you loved. Well, everyone we cultivated for you to love. I mean, your entire life was my 'Ultimate Experiment' gone wrong at the end."

The little girl slumped back, unable to even utter a sound. Vladimir removed the syringe after it had taken a certain amount of blood. He put the vile in his bag then made to leave the cellar.

"Vladimir."

"What is it?"

"You are one shitty father."

"Tell that to mine. He used to beat me and my mother up whenever he got drunk. He even ended up killing my mother when I was ten. That was until I created a poison that made him kill himself."

"He killed himself?"

"Yes. As cruel as I can be, I do try to refrain from killing. I simply give my targets the option to. Then I influence their decision a tiny bit. The rest is up to them."

"Interesting. Can we get a move on now?"

"Also… Grimm."

"Yes?"

"This idea of yours is dumb as hell."

"I know."

"Then why are you certain that it will work?"

"Because, whether or not this works, two days from now will be the turning point of our lives. For good, or for worse."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Vladimir glared at Grimm, who replied in kind. They stood there for a while, before Vladimir gave up on trying to intimidate the masked man. With a sigh, he left the cellar.

"Oh goody, so this is where all the prisoners are? Good, good. I can initiate my plans now~"

The voice came once again. This time however, was the last.

"Sorry, but I think this is where I terminate our agreement."

"What?!"

The voice hissed from the shadows. Eight eyes glowed in rainbow colours from the darkness. Grimm reached into his pocket and dropped a smoke bomb to the ground. Normally this wouldn't really do much to regular people, but it was actually made out of Black Candite. A substance very potent to vampiric species. The eight eyed figure did not know this and still remained, throwing a bolt of lightning at him.

Grimm easily dodged it and drew out two short curved blades from his sides, then charged at her.

17