Chapter 3 – Non magic world
302 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

30 km, at the borders of the kingdom of Gallimard.

 

August 11th 678 AD.

 

….

 

….

 

"AIM AND FIRE!"

 

….

 

….

 

The shouts from the officer were heard and immediately after many men holding their bows, called archers, began to pull down their bows as they aimed at the distance, soon firing their volley fire, at the battlefield. The sounds of the whistling arrows were heard and more than 300 arrows flew towards the unexpected forces as many were distracted by the men in the cladding armour.

 

Archers soon played down their bows and watched on as the knights from the 1st and 2nd battalions, take most of the action, with many smiling on at the defeat of the enemy, immediately after the volley many soon feel, without proper armour for the opposing forces, many soon got killed by the arrow volley with nothing too protecting for them. Far from the battlefield, he was looking at, on the top of a hill which allowed him to watch this unique scenery, clashes from both sides were massive, with over thousands of men at the rear watching the front echelons, fighting against the men from Gallimard. With many of the men on his side wearing cladding armour, the poorly trained men from the opposing forces stood no chance, and seeing that those men were poorly trained, he smirks as he begins to chuckle at the sight of victory. With many of his officers, sitting beside him, many too watched this victory unfold and saw that the gallimard forces were retreating, as a messenger from the frontlines soon climbed at the hill to inform the general of the victory.

 

"General Lazarus! I have brought a report that the Gallimard forces are now retreating to the deep forces, request fo~"

 

Even before the messenger could finish his sentence, Lazarus immediately cut him as he had already made up his mind.

"It is not needed to hunt down fewer peasants, my forces need rest and fast, we will soon march towards their capital by tomorrow. Inform the 1st and 2nd front lines battalions, to return at once we can see that victory has been achieved."

Given the request to return to his forces, he soon headed down at the head to inform the commanders who controlled the 1st and 2nd battalions. Knowing that victory has already been achieved, the general soon gets up from his chair and stretches from the long sit he had, turning right to head back to the rear, officers immediately join along with some lower-ranked ones staying to watch their forces head back. 

 

With the battle, being a success, his forces by dawn would soon be marching towards the kingdom of Gallimard as the battle that happened much earlier was seen as a victory. understanding that reinforcements wouldn't be supporting them anytime, Lazarus would soon have a tough battle against the Gallimard as their forces would know that their royal guards are known for being the toughest forces within their southern continent. Having to do a lot while doing little, he knows that the 30k soldiers he has would be killed off in mass if they didn't watch their backs. understanding that defeat means greater punishment for him and his officers, the general would conflict if he should plan out the battle or have his forces be sent out far earlier for the sake of victory. "Victory or death" he mumbled remembering the motto had followed ever since he joined the officer Academy, and being the man who rose to the ranks of being a very good student, he was the same man who would be famous for defeating the kingdom of Leilo. Walking back to the rear was quite a hassle as around the there camp, the smell of the rotten men around could be smelled around them as the battle that happened much earlier soldiers from there side didn't bother picking the dead men, as men were left at the ground rotting away as the cries from the crows, were heard atop.

 

As soon they got close to the camp, the sounds of a large amount of marching were heard behind, and taking a look to see what it was, it was none other than his two battalions as with many exhausted from the fight they had, and seeing a young boy running towards him, he huffs as he gave the good news.

 

"General! 1st and 2nd have now returned, from reports we find we lost over one hundred men and Gallimard lost over one thousand men on their side."

 

Hearing this, that he had fewer casualties, he smiles from the report as he looked back in front as he replied from the good news.

 

"Good… that's one thing we can fear, you can now leave.."

 

Hearing that the general was satisfied with the report, he immediately join the foot soldiers behind them as he lower rank for being a messenger mean he can't join along the officers beside him, With a gaze to his office following him he understands that he wasn't alone at the fight, having many smart and loyal officers beside him, he was proud to have. And seeing that many looked hungry and dry, he smiled at them as he told them an important statement.

 

"With this victory, we will soon have a large fest, I hope you all are ready for some Giant boar."

 

Hearing this, made some of the officers beside him cheer and with many taking the note from the general, hearing that many are eager to eat the large boar, as soldiers next them wish to eat the large boar. Knowing that some of the soldiers at the battle would be hungry to say, he would soon look at his second-hand officer as he got close to inform of a request.

 

"Have the soldiers be given better rations after this, these soldiers deserve it."

 

Lazarus knows that his soldiers had done a bigger role, and seeing that they can't be left out the only option he had is to give them a good meal for this victory. With the order being given, the officer soon runs off towards the exhausted battalions. the day was over and the sun began to settle, seeing that a march towards the inner border of the Gallimard would begin by tomorrow, the general sighed as he did not expect this day to be this long, and looked at the sky to see the stars coming out in mass. The day had been finished and seeing that many came back one piece, he smiles as he looks back at the tent.

 

...

 

Royal Chambers 

August 12th 678 AD.

 

11:00 PM.

 

Lighting around soon hits hard at the ground with the sounds of sizzling was heard around, immediately after a small portal as the gate opens in front and coming in the gate was the elder mage and Queen Galadriel, with the surrounding feeling different from the world they recently got in, the queen could immediately smell fresher air, as the soon after the portal behind them closes behind. With the gate closing, she could see that the time was far different from the last time, and seeing that it is almost midnight, with the mage looking at the confused queen, she smiles as she would know that a question from her majesty would soon flow in.

 

Galadriel, seeing that it would be a good time to both leave the magic room, soon walked towards the same hallway that they went out ago. As both walked down, questions about the city she had seen were soon flowing over her head and wondered how they manage to build such buildings, the lacking walls to protect and or the existence of forts and castles not being sawn anywhere was surprising to see, but what made her even more surprising was how fast that both had to leave back to the homeland, and seeing this was questioned, she cleared her mouth and immediately asked the elder mage.

 

"Elder, I must ask, what made us return to the capital in such short notice we would even be here for like hours."

 

It was quite reasonable for Galadriel to ask as only spending an hour to see the gorgeous cities for only 1 hour is a good question. Not facing back at her majesty, they both continue walking down as the mage would give her reason.

 

"A surprise to hear your majesty, but the world we went to had barely any magic that was flowing around, in fact, they had no magic for a nation with such beautiful buildings."

 

Surprising, to hear this made the queen quite baffled to say, and wondered how did a nation with no magic be able to build towers that can reach the skies, she immediately asked what made them be so technology superior.

 

"But elder! It's impossible for a city like what I saw not to have any magic, even our cities we build are used with magic but how come the city I saw with my own two eyes! And that bridge was larger than anything I had seen! So this nation who builds their towers that can reach the skies doesn't get magic, while we do?"

 

With the question given, even the mage was not sure how they managed to build such buildings, seeing that she had no good question for her majesty, she immediately told her the reason.

 

"To say, your majesty… I don't know, the only thing I know is that people who once travelled to their world and watched on them never saw mana be flown around their earth, and the reason why we came back to the capital is that, the more we stay we are more likely to be stuck, as without the flow of mana around my castings or even spells would be useless for good…"

 

The elder mage voiced out with a quite disappointed tone, walking continually without saying anything, the queen soon thought more of the world they went to. Seeing that it would be awkward to not say anything, Galadriel questioned how they manage to enter without the flow of magic on the other side.

 

 

"Even without the flow of magic, how come we can open a portal without any problems?"

 

 

"Simple to say, your majesty. From the old textbooks, I used to study this world we enter, our mages before one once went to their lands, 300 years ago. But before it was just sand and trees all over and immediately after seeing these beautiful lands, the realization soon came that the existence of mana never existed on this world, but before they left they it was discreet that two ancient mana stones under the water were the portal for their ships went is still there to this day and the reason why we can open a gate to see this nation we large building is because a small amount of mana from this ancient stone still lays there."

 

"But even so, you said that we would be stuck if we had no magic, but how there was magic? Flowing for so long?"

 

The mages quietly sighed knowing that more questions would be brought up, and saying nothing would help she then continued her reason.

 

"Despite that, these stones from my knowledge has a very limited range for them to open, keep in mind that those are fixed position stones meant to be hidden from the locals, the ancient mana stone can be used to open gates, not be used for combat, and since I'm an elder mage, I was able to connect this mana flow for a short amount of time."

 

With the question provided, Galadriel looks at the front to see the hallway being close to ending though and seeing that more questions can be given, immediately wondered about the mana stones and looked back at the mage to see the fate of these mana stones.

"And the stones?"

"They're still there like I said your majesty, but I must tell you, those are not regular mana stones, these are ancient which is capable of surviving forever if in good condition, but that's what they said in the old texts, newer discovery from newer magic research mages, found that ancient stones are capable of surviving over 400 years, chances are that if we plan to meet this nation properly would only have 50 years for us to communicate to them."

 

'400 years?!' Galadriel thought, shocked by the amount of time that the ancient mana stone she thought of as regular magic stones they had in their kingdom, not being full with the question given, Galadriel immediately had other questions she wanted answers and with the ending of the long hallway is closed, she asked one more question to get her satisfaction.

 

"One last question… how come you know this nation and why we didn't use their technology for our personal use? Since you have been taking an eye on them for a while."

 

 

It was one question that was she was expected very easy, and seeing how technology superior was the nation they saw, for Galadriel did wonder how the mages manage they find this nation, and knowing that they once went to their lands 400 years ago, she wondered how did the elder be able to find this nation at one piece.

 

"To be clear, your majesty. This nation they call America, we once tried everything to copy what I saw, after I was able to get the full-text books from this world, information about it was somewhat disappointing to say, as many of the old mages who came to there reported that, tribes and animals are far weaker, and species there was far weaker than the world we came from, keep in mind, that this is the nation we landed 400 years ago, I was like you to say your majesty… shocked by the large towers on what saw and many these things. I had seen what I wished to copy, but even so, we don't know how they manage to do this without the power of magic, and the only thing we can do is admire the things we saw."

 

"I tried to do what they did, but due to the lack of magic there was nothing I can do."

 

 

There was nothing important coming from the sentence and knowing that a war would be coming towards their kingdom, Galadriel was furious to say, and looked at the elder with an irritated look.

 

"So the whole thing we saw was just to admire the towers?! We are in a war and our people are demoralised, our enemy will soon be marching towards our capital within 4 months, and what you showed me hasn't helped the situation!"

 

It was quite reasonable for the queen to be frantic, and knowing the situation that is happening now, it wasn't looking good for the mage as looking behind, Galadriel was on the chair sobbing down as she covered her face as she began to stew.

 

"It's hopeless!... Elder! Hopeless! There's nothing we can do! We tried everything and it didn't work, we tried aiding our allies and it doesn't work! we lost elders, there's nothing we can do, the only thing we can do is to~"

 

Before Galadriel can finish her sentence, the mage, not wanting to her wimping, soon smacks the head of Galadriel as her staff soon makes a bonk-like sound, causing the queen to fling out.

 

"What was that for!?"

 

Getting her reaction, the mage looked at the queen with a disappointed look as her cries and complaints were not helping the situation as well, and for a monarch, the elder didn't like that her majesty would be that easily defeated and knowing the flaws of the Galadriel she points out those flaws in front.

 

"You are Queen Galadriel the IXth, as the ruler of this kingdom a leader like yourself must show that you are a strong leader that is willing to defend their country at any cost! Your cries will not help the situation and do as I say and take us to victory!"

 

Hearing that in front of her face, the feeling of a slight change was given in front, knowing that she has flaws within her, the queen immediately took her word into the heart as she too wasn't helping the situation.

 

"Thank you. Elder… it was the first time someone told me that in front…"

 

Seeing that the queen had calmed down, gave a smile to the mage and seeing back she too is smiling, she wondered what she would do.

 

"What's your next step?"

 

Hearing this, the queen has not much thought it yet, and knowing that the situation is somewhat grim with its allies she looks back to tell her next step.

 

"We don't have many allies, to say, elder, what I want most is a country that can save us from this war and save our people for once!"

 

 Hearing the messages she had said, the mage was somewhat getting a  familiar idea and looking back to see that she was getting the idea, she looked back at Galadriel and then brought up a suggestion.

 

"Your majesty! How about we send a message to the nation we went to from the portal!"

 

Immediately hearing this, the queen soon scoffed at the suggestion as she didn't expect them, to do so, chuckling a bit she gazes back to see that the elder wasn't seeing this as a joke, but even so, the queen remembers the statement she had said and informing what she said earlier the queen asked this very question."

 

"But even so, our magic isn't capable of opening a gate to them and how can we do it?"

 

Smiling from the sentence she soon got up and walked towards the queen.

 

"I for one know where the other gate stones are located and the ones in the non-magic world we had seen. To say this we can send a fleet and ask for assistance for this war!"

 

"And where is it located?"

 

The opportunity to make her feel delighted was soon, and backing away to make sure was what the mages meant.

 

"The bridge you saw as impossible to be built, and there lay the old stones. That our once elder mages went to. and the bridge those people call is known as."

"Golden Gate Bridge."

4