=== Jielby’s Rodeo – part 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

=== Jielby's Rodeo - part 2

 

Okay I have returned to the testing ground with materials and I'm full of ideas! Jeepers, where should I start? Crafting the thing, although it took some time, was not that easy. I struggled with paying for the rare components like springs or motors, oh wellie. Eventually I managed to convince myself it was for a greater cause, since I don't find this hunty-mundy stuff being functional anytime soon.

 

So when I started with tests I was really surprised just how authentic it was. It's like one of those put coin in me for kids things, but the actual range of how wacky it can get is enormous! Obviously I had the wildness slider all the way up, but that was too much. I couldn't kept myself in the seat for more than two seconds, how a silly-billy of me. Yet I tried and eventually got up to four seconds.

 

Doing so I lost my original plan, which was simulation of a pegasus ride. My head was kinda like tilting in the other direction, but I also tried to think, just how I could make it flying? If I used a track or suspend it in the air, it wouldn't really feel okay. For like actual flying you need to achieve a degree of freedom. Yet, sorry-molly, you can't do that unless you pay with big bucks, duh.

 

[I understand that comment was directed at the developers? That's my mind as well, how peculiar...At least her writing is different from the way she speaks, though you can still tell it’s her during certain parts. Okay, next page.]

 

No worry-sorry my dear pegasi engineer, there is something you can do in order to achieve those dreams! As I said before, this is a silly toy for good-behaving kids, and that is precisely how I'm going to make money for the actual thing! Wowzers! So this was absolutely a wild idea, but I had simply to try. Who knows if my thing is going to become the next Mermaid City?

 

Frankly, the current experience must be enchanted. Like there is no fun if you just simply fall, righto? Firstly I went really soft, I used simple sand to see how much would my butt hurt, but it was actually not all that painful. Defins fails to beat dirt by a far. Next up was adding water to make the grains mushy-gushy, and the result was that my face got almost swallowed by the quick sands. This was going well but it would not cause a memorable experience, hence at some point I decided to quit playing in the sandpit...

 

And try something more extreme. First thought was to get into the wet-and-sweat type of thing, but plain water is no good. When you fall off the horse you have to hit something solid, so gelatin was my first choice. It is bouncy and quite squishy, a perfect balance for those who thinks that they are safe. To impact it felt like a mattress, one filled with only soft liquid. Then I saw the opportunity in making it harder on myself, and making the jelly transparent, something that you fall into.

 

[And then get all sticky all over? What is the point...Jielby you can't be thinking that this is what people would enjoy! Where do you even get inspiration from? Haven’t we already had enough of adventures with you as the stick-in-the-mud? Honestly girl, I can't even fathom how you can be keen on doing this stuff. Dammit! Is she really that kind of a person? ]

 

The sticky effect that lasted afterwards was clearly good, but it also felt like going into a kissel and that was too damn soft. I returned to the idea of making a hard landing, one that would affect your buttocks all the way up to the spine. Nevertheless, it wasn't that easy. I had to make sure that falling on your face for comical effect was an option, and that gave me swell idea.

 

Going through several prototypes I encountered a problem. There seem to be limits to how realistic can your experience be. Bugger. But then again I can think of ways to go around that, right? Just like others, I had to figure out a good substitute for cow pies.

 

[Wait a second here, you must be out of your mind! You are making my stomach...feel bad just from reading this.]

 

So naturally something that would be suitable is...how about peanut butter? Of course it smells nice and has a good consistency, but it doesn't really come through as authentic, does it? But then again you could say that technically, since I tried everything, this material passes the closest to the experience I’m trying to recreate here. Oh well, as long as they accept the image in their minds, I should be all fine and dandy. Yup, this is defins a great achievement! Yappie!

 

I started working on making that pit of shame right away, and with limited resources, I was able to finish something quite tasteful. During my initial tests I managed to just to see how dandy-handy my combination was. When making an awkward lading you briefly sunk, with a nice squelchy sound, and had barely the idea on what kind of mild substance was spread all over you. Just a second later, when the shock would energize your displaced body, you would open your eyes, stuck to the idea that you were butt-deep in a gumbo.

 

No matter how you would try to escape, you were only going to wriggle around with your entire body. Just like playing in the mud, but you had a desperate reason to escape. The more you moved and the more you would sink inside the viscous and unwelcoming puddle. Accompanied both with hay and small nuts, the consistency of it would melt in your fingers and feet, sticking to them quite fastly. Any effort to stand back up ended with slipping with legs apart, causing another fall and another print of your butt on the surface.

 

[Okay, I think I am missing something. I can understand her...dedication at making money, though she makes mostly others do the hard work, but this is too much! Why are you like...]

 

When the first phase was complete I started thinking about making this more interactive. As for just riding the horse in place, without the danger of being ridiculously penalized was clearly not enough for me. I stopped my ruminations at a community practice. As long as people are with others, they feel more enticed to prove themselves, so their embarrassment is greater. To do that...

 

I figured out that people could race each other on tracks to see who will stay on the rodeo the longest. Obviously if they fall, or fail to reach first place, they would be submitted to the flight of their life. That's the kind of thing I wanted from start, the actual in the air riding, but sorry-molly, you need to get money first. You will see, I'm going to be rich with this thing!

 

[Nice spirits, but I highly doubt...let's see how that plan worked in the end.]

 

Unfortunately I discovered that I need space for my thing. That alone seems to cost fortune so I decided to sell it others. Nevertheless, the local arcade shop said they already have a rodeo machine, and what barrel of funny-bunny that game was! You actually had a lasso to catch cattle and you got to ride a bull. Not something I was planning, but that gave me an idea.

 

I wanted to see if I could tame animals in the wild. Alas, the closest thing to a living horse was a monster. I said I tried. Buttise-muttsie, oh gee I was surprised to know how wild are those things really are, as I was loudly told who the boss is many times, landing on my bitty-meaty bottom again and again. You should not play with those things at all. Auche, I don't recommend anyone!

 

As for now, I learned that I need to perfect the launching mechanism for my horsies. It has to have enough acceleration, be aligned that you would fall for a long time, and most of all, it has to be such a wow that you literally jump in fright! For that however I need help. Since I should also start testing with multiple people, how about asking my adorbs sisters?

 

[No way, I can't believe it! Jielby, for the last time in your life, please consider others before...Dammit! Why I'm...she gave me this thing so I could read it all and get interested? I’m not surprised if that was her genius plan all along...I had enough, I want to burn this thing! Even though that won't erase the taste in my mouth right now...Gosh that girl!]

 

Afterwards I calmly closed that notebook without the desire to read a single word more. I really had enough for today—it’s already time to sleep. As for my ingenious pink constructor, I can't tell her to stop, so I am going to tell others, to never ever test anything she asks them. Honestly why does she even do that? Is it that much fun for her to see us...Maybe for her, but not for me, nor for Corona or Noctia. Also, let's hope that her thing will never make anyone sad.

0