Chapter 1 |List of Sponsors|
27 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2022. A year when everything changed.

In the very first month of the new year, when the festive mood of people still wasn't gone from last year's celebrations, it happened. Dungeons with different floors, monsters outbreak, and system interfaces appearing in front of people's visions. It was so sudden that it overwhelmed the clueless humanity. 

But unlike what the whole world expected, the social structure of humanity didn't collapse from the unexpected attack as the governments of countless countries managed to adapt to the situation and establish Hunters Associations, which plays a critical role to clean up the still weak outbreak monsters from the first-floor dungeons with firearms. 

Within the first three months of 2022, the whole world became a little stable, at least enough for humanity to cope with the low-level dungeon floors outbreak. The fourth month became the most buzzing and noisiest month of all as people studies the appearance of the systems and they're worth.

The discovery that out of 100 people, only two can have systems came out as a shock, but the people weren't shocked about how low the systems appearances are, the people became shocked at what the systems can offer them: Unimaginable power that can only be read from fantasy novels, or watch from the movies. 

It was then that the real Hunters and Players emerge, gathering the admiration and envy of normal people. The world was no longer what it used to be. Instead of the police and army, it became hunters associations. Instead of mercenaries, it was replaced by players. 

As systems randomly appear, no one knows who will be the next hunter or player among the crowd, the same can be said to Milliam. She doesn't know what fate has in store for her.


May 13, 2022

"Ugh. Seriously?" Milliam rubbed her eyes in disbelief. 

Upon rubbing her eyes more than three times, her sight remains the same, and so does the system interface that suddenly appears in front of her.

Milliam was having a normal breakfast with her family when this system interface appeared. The spoon that she was holding flew out from her grasp before producing a loud 'bang' on the table, gaining not only her parent's attention but also her older siblings. 

"I knew that one day, Milliam would go crazy but I didn't know that it would be today." The eldest son, George murmured while eating chocolates.

"We all know that this day would come, one lunatic in the family was added again. Our Luna family is bound to be a house full of crazies." The second son, Tristan dramatically covered his eyes with a mournful expression. 

"Damn it, even our young sister Milliam was infected by this family's gene, we're hopeless." Said the third brother, Drake as he swallowed the last scoop of cereals in his mouth. 

Milliam and her father and mother, Troy and Ellie looked at them with deadpan expressions. The Luna family, as Milliam's brothers lamented, has weird quirks, but they're not lunatics as her brothers exaggerated. 

"Sometimes, I just wanted to bury you three alive in our backyard." Their mother, Ellie sighed. The three brothers shut their mouths in fear, because sometimes, what their mother utters, she will do without hesitation. 

Troy, who ignored his sons, is a hunter who knew what his daughter experience. He faced her and calmly asked.

"Milliam, what do you see?"

"Well, a system interface." At Milliam's answer, the brothers gasped.

"Seriously?"

"Cool!"

"You're now my backer."

"The three of you, shut up." At Troy's serious words, the noisy three calmed down and intensely stared at their younger sister.

"What else do you see?" Ellie, who was part of the Hunters Association's support team, questioned.

"Mmh..." Milliam turned to the system interface and began reading the fancy font.

"List of Sponsors." 


Milliam laid on her bed, exhausted. After she answered her mother's question at breakfast, both her parents immediately pushed her to the study room to talk to her and prevented her chaotic brothers from listening. 

After her parents nagging, it was then that Milliam understand what it means to have a list of sponsors. Her father, who became awakened three months ago only has one fixed sponsor called, Speaker of Wisdom. Because of the characteristic of this sponsor, her father can easily utilize magic, making him an excellent hunter who specializes in lightning elements.

But he's only excellent because he was a good learner and was attuned to long-range battles considering that he's once a sniper. If her father was sponsored by the Fierce Beast of Battles, who based on its countless players and hunters that it sponsored, specialized in melee fights, her father will be an average hunter.

Milliam, who has a list means that she can choose the most suitable sponsor depending on what route she wanted to enter, a player or a hunter.

Being a hunter like her parents means that she needs to work for the government. Hunters usually spend their time hunting the outbreak monsters that burst out from dungeon floors, regularly entering dungeon floors to scout out their danger levels, evacuating civilians from the outbreak place, discovering and recording dungeon floor monsters' weaknesses, etc. 

Being a player means that she was a free-lancer. Her freedom wouldn't be restricted like the hunters and she has autonomy when to sell the monsters she had killed. 

In conclusion, being a hunter and joining the Hunters Association will give her authority and information. Being a player means that she won't follow orders from anyone and can make big bucks as her kills wouldn't be taken away. 

Between the two, Milliam chooses to be a player. A player with no background and hasn't entered any dungeon floors wouldn't get points, skills, and items, and would have a hard time acquiring the rights to enter dungeon floors. But Milliam was different as she has her parents. 

Troy Luna was a well-known lightning mage from the P Country's Hunters Association, He has a team under him with more than 60+ members. He can also conquer 2C Dungeon Floors, It was a good record considering that 4D Dungeon Floors appeared recently.

Ellie Luna was also a famous one in the Hunters Association considering that she has a unique sponsor called, String of Connections, which allowed her to produce strings that can be used as an item of contact inside the bizarre dungeon floors where no internet or any signal can be found.

With those two acting as her support, Milliam has no problem becoming a player since she was backed by two high-standing hunters. 

The only reason Milliam choose to be a player was simple: So she can earn money faster. As her brothers said, the Luna Family has weird quirks on their own and Milliam's quirk happens to be collecting/earning money. It was a very normal quirk compared to her brothers. Milliam also considers to be a Hunter at the beginning but regarding hunters needing to give half their prey to the association, she immediately crossed it out.

Milliam Luna never likes it whenever someone touches her money!

4