Chapter 6: The Lost Transmigrator Is Taking a Bath With Me
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, wake up!"

I desperately shook his body. This guy, he won't wake up at all!

I even tried poking his shoulder, screaming loud into his ear, pouring water on him... Yet none of them worked! He's not a heavy sleeper, he's heavier than that!

"...."

His still-as-the-water body didn't react at all.

'...If it's going to be like this, there's only one other choice left!' The risky choice. I really didn't want to do it, but if it meant getting out of this damn forest sooner than later...

"...Oi!"

Pak!

I slapped his cheek harshly, but his body didn't even wince at the pain. His breathing was still slow, and his eyes were still closed.

"....." My face completely turned blank from giving up.

"Haaa...."

I sighed tiredly. How the hell do I wake up this stone wall?

[Dear Host, I suggest giving him a kiss.] A familiar robotic voice answered out of nowhere, startling me.

"Are you crazy?!" I furiously shouted at the preposterous blue screen.

"....."

"...Haa." 

Regaining my calm composure, I lightly facepalmed myself as I recalled the ridiculous events that started happening to me when I met a certain strange transmigrator. Haaa... Why does this have to happen to me?

'It's almost sunset...' What am I supposed to do? I can't even drag this dude out of the forest.

I groaned in frustration. Should we just camp here for the night?

Plop.

"...Huh?"

My train of thought was abruptly interrupted by the falling sound of... 

Plop. Plop.

Plop.

'...Raindrops?'

I tilted my head upwards to see drops of rain rapidly falling from the sky, swiftly extinguishing the campfire I worked so hard on and wetting my platinum-blonde hair.

"....."

A small vein popped on my forehead, for the third time.

'...Damnit, why now?!' I gritted my teeth in anger. Great timing, rain! 凸(`△'+)

"W-wake up...!"

I shook the young man's body again. Mr. Transmigrator, please open your eyes, or else we're all gonna catch a cold out here!!

"Chirp! Chirp!"

Goldie also tried to help me by pecking his neck multiple times, but to no avail. His neck was just as strong as his arm. 

"...Tch." I clicked my tongue, irritated.

'...Haaa.' 

I swallowed a big gulp of air. 

"...Oi!!!"
 
With no other method left, I helplessly yelled at the man loudly, hoping it would wake him up. Well, my neighbor did use to say I scream as loud as a drill...

"Eek!" 

Goldie flapped her wings frantically, frightened by the loud sound echoing throughout the forest. Thankfully, the little bird hasn't lost its hearing yet.

"....." No reaction at all.

'....Is he still sleeping?' I raised my brow.

Plop. Plop. Plop.

....

'I'm really going to punch him if he doesn't wake up...'

After a short moment of silence, a low groan finally came out from the sleeping young man.

"Mm..."

He let out a tired yawn as he gently rubbed his drowsy eyes.

Immediately, my face turned from nervousness to delight.

'Finally! He's awake!' I rejoiced in tears.
 
"You're awake! We should get out of here and take shelter until the rain stops."

I hurriedly advised the sluggish man and grabbed the hem of his sleeve, fearing that I might accidentally get punched. I was overreacting a bit, but it's better to be safe than sorry, right?

"Come on! Let's hurry up!"

"....."

Surprisingly or not, Rai just stared blankly at his sleeve that was lightly pulled without moving an inch.

"....." 

'...Why isn't he answering?' A raindrop slowly trickled down my forehead.

"...Do you need a piggyback ride?"

He suddenly asked with a stoic expression as he tilted his head to the side.

"...???"

I furrowed my brows, confused. No, of course not! Stop asking me that question all the time!

"...No. I'm fine. Let's just run!"

"......"

Rai looked at me with his eyes slightly narrowed. He won't be able to catch up to me if we run... He thought worriedly.

After silently making his decision, he squatted on the ground like last time and instructed calmly.

"Hop on."

"....." Do you have like, an obsession with piggyback rides or something?

The more I hesitated, the more raindrops fell on my head.

"Quickly." He said stoically.

"...Haa."

I sighed lightly as I made my decision and got on his back, wet from the rain. Whatever, we're in a hurry anyway.

But what I didn't expect was... Immediately after I hopped on his back, He suddenly started running at supersonic speed.

"Uwaa...!!!"

'W-wait, isn't this too fast?!' I complained in my heart with a horrified expression. I couldn't even feel the raindrops falling on me. Oh wait, there's none falling on me at all.

***

"Please step on the teleport pad." The employee dressed in a suit calmly instructed the four strange people standing beside him.

"Yeah, yeah..." The tangerine-haired man placed his two arms behind his head, emanating a chill, laid-back vibe.

"Ian, don't be rude." 

A masculine but gentle voice came from behind, slightly startling the tangerine-haired man.

"I wasn't being rude."

Ian grumbled as he took a glance at the muscular man behind him, who kindly smiled at the employee.

The employee blushed shyly and smiled back at the half-cyborg.

"Huaa... It's not their fault our trip was delayed." 

The sleepy, blonde-haired woman beside the half-cyborg scolded the childish young man in a stern tone.

"You know that's not what I'm mad about..."

Ian scowled at the employee, causing them to lower their head in fear.

"If they just double-checked the dungeon's rank, then we wouldn't have been supposed to work overtime."

"—That's not the employee's fault, Ian."

The brown-haired woman beside him spoke up in disagreement.

"...He contributed to it."

Ian stood his ground, refusing to abandon his pride.

"And how did he do so?"

The brown-haired lady scoffed at Ian's futile defence.

"...Whatever. Let's just go."

Ian mumbled in defeat, shifting his gaze back to the big teleport pad in front of them. It was as big as half of a football field, capable of teleporting hundreds of people in it. Although it looks like a simple blue circle on the floor, it's not as simple as its appearance says it is. It's made with multiple complicated "spells" and gears—

...Ah, where were we again? Sorry, I get a little off-topic sometimes.

....

...Let's just go to the Next POV already.

***

"Blarghh...."

I dreadfully vomited on the wooden floor. Ugh, motion sickness...

"Sorry...."

Rai, who was standing beside me apologized impassively. Mr. Transmigrator, I'm sorry to say this but your words aren't going to cure my motion sickness.

"...I-It's fine." I lied through my teeth. No, it's not fine at all. I feel like my head is going in circles. Is this how vertigo feels like?

I slowly stood up, stumbling a few times because of how much dizzy I got after riding that insane roller coaster earlier. (Rai)

"...."

Rai stared at me intensely with a worried face. You could even sense it from a mile away.

"...Let bygones be bygones. At least we have a shelter now."

I tried to smile the best I could, but to Rai, it only looked like a dying person saying their last words on their death bed.

"...Here. To make up for it."

Rai suddenly put his cold, index finger on my forehead. Startled, I flinched subconsciously.

"Don't move." He whispered into my ear.

'....Why does this scenario feel like a robber robbing a store clerk?' Cold sweat trickled down my forehead. Even though I know he's not going to hurt me, I still can't shake the feeling of nervousness.

"[#####]" 

After saying a code that I still could not understand for the life of me, A bright green light suddenly appeared at the tip of his finger, which embraced me with a warm feeling. Shortly after, I realized that all my nausea from earlier had vanished into thin air.

"Woah...."

I widened my eyes in shock as I touched my warm forehead. Damn, I wish I had that skill...

"Do you feel better now?" 

Rai asked as he tilted his head slightly like an innocent german shepherd.

"Yeah... Thanks." I take it back Mr. Transmgirator, your words really do heal motion sickness, apparently.

"....."

"....." A weird silence lingered.

"...Ahem." 

Coughing lightly, I decided to change the subject to exterminate the awkward atmosphere.

"Let's talk about what should we do for now."

I said in a slightly serious tone, to which Rai blankly nodded in response.

Flashback to earlier— We managed to get out of the forest and found another ruined city. Apparently, these two ruined cities were connected to each other by the Dark Forest. And if you can't tell, I obviously know this ruined city and how to get out of it. I just can't tell Mr. Doubtful Transmigrator over here.

"Since this city doesn't seem to be dangerous, I think we can stay here for a bit."

Rai said stoically while holding his chin. 

'...How much is a bit?', Is what I wanted to ask. There's no way I'm babysitting this troublesome adult baby for a week—I can't wait that long!

"Y-yeah... You're right." 

I tried to look as focused as I could. Thankfully, he seemed to believe my act. Seriously, why does he always believes my lies and not my truths? I can't seem to figure out this weird phenomenon.

"For now... We should unpack our things. [##### #####]"

Fwoosh (im bad at sound effects i know- just imagine this is the void appearing)

The same black void from earlier suddenly appeared in front of us, almost making me flinch. What a jumpscare...

With no expression at all, Rai put his hand inside the void and took out all our equipment. A pot, utensils, two cups, and... Oh, that's all of it.

"....." Rai looked a little disappointed, but I pretended not to notice the frown on his face.

"...I guess we're done with that." 

I chuckled lightly.

On the other hand, Rai was blankly staring at our pitiful equipment. It's great we have somewhere to stay now, but we need more equipment. This ruined city can't supply us with any though... He thought with a bit of worry.

"Let's get out of here after 3 days."

He suddenly announced as he shifted his gaze back to me.

"Okay." 

I immediately agreed to his statement. I'm lucky this guy's smart.

"....."

"....."

"...Well, should we explore this city for a bit?"

I awkwardly said as I looked outside to the window beside us. Thankfully, the rain didn't follow us here.

"No, let's take a bath first. I found a river earlier, let's go there."

Rai bluntly said, leaving me embarrassed. I turned my head to the pool of vomit on the floor. Right, I forgot about the lingering stench of vomit...

"Yeah... Let's go."

My cheeks slightly blushed out of embarrassment. 

***

'This is embarrassing...' I lowered my head slightly in lament before looking towards the young man beside me who was stoically sitting on the water, naked.

Contrary to his obvious 6-pack, all I had was noodle arms and a slender waist.

[Dear Host, no need to be sad about it. That just means you're a bottom.] The blue screen chuckled mysteriously. 

'...What the hell is wrong with this system?! I just met this man yesterday!' I furiously cried in my heart. Either way, you're just making this even worse!

Harem protagonists are supposed to be on top after all... 

I dejectedly lowered my head again.

....

"....." Meanwhile, Rai was looking at me with an expression filled with pity. He looks so malnourished... His eyes drifted towards the young man's thin arms.

 It's all because of that soup he eats every day... That must be why he's malnourished... He made a resolve to take good care of the young man. (kid)

"You should eat more."

He suddenly said with no expression on his face as he patted my head. Excuse me, are you straight up insulting me now?

A small vein popped on my forehead. At this point, my veins might be about to burst.

'This guy actually has the guts...!' I gritted my teeth secretly.

Unfortunately, I once again failed to notice the other's good intentions.

"I...."

As I turned my head to make a retort, I abruptly stopped when I noticed a long scar on the side of his waist.

"....Where'd you get that scar?"

I asked curiously as I looked down on it.

"...." 

He looked hesitant to answer, which made me feel a little guilty for some reason. Fuck, did I make him depressed again?

Finally, he opened his mouth again with a stoic expression.

"...I got it from my childhood."

My eyes widened in surprise. I felt like I accidentally stepped on a landmine for some reason.

"...Sorry."

"It's fine—"

Plop.  A sudden teardrop fell on the water, making a small, short-lived wave.

"...." 

Oh shit, I triggered something again.

"Uh...."

"Hic. Sorry, this... Hic."

I started to panic internally as more transparent tears began to fall down his face, and onto the clear water.

[Dear Host, I think we've found your talent. Triggering things.]

'Not the time for this!' I scowled at the blue screen before shifting my gaze back to Rai.

"Err, you'll be fine now...." I reassured(?) him as I patted his shoulder gently. I really wanted to slap myself for not socializing a lot in the past.

"....." 

After those words of positivity, his tears somehow stopped falling.

 '...Is he that easy to comfort?' I raised my brow, puzzled. He felt like a little baby that would instantly fall asleep once you cradle it in your arms. Actually, he is one.

"....Thanks."

His lips slowly formed a gentle smile, thankful for the clumsy comfort I gave him.

"...Haaa. Man up. You don't look like a harem protagonist this way."

I sighed jokingly as I continued patting his shoulder, making him slightly confused.

"...Harem protagonist? You have anime here too?" 

His widened eyes held a hint of curiosity hidden within them. 

"Of course."

I tilted my head slightly. Is he saying his world also has anime? If so, then does that mean that our worlds are both parallel to each other...?

"...Really?" He widened his eyes even more.

"Yep. What's your favorite anime?"

I asked curiously with a grin.

"Oh. Mine's Kimetsu no Y*iba." It was his favorite. But, animes went extinct after the apocalypse though... He recalled bitterly. 

....

'...Kimetsu no Y*iba?' I raised my brow in confusion. What's that? I've never heard an anime named that before... 

"...."

I shook my head slightly, thinking maybe It's a new one I haven't heard of yet. After all, I haven't been keeping up with recent animes since I moved to Tuver City.

"....Well, mine's Rotravikus Ophindere." 

I told him with a sheepish smile. It's quite overrated after all, but I still think it's one of the best out there.

"....Huh?" 

To my surprise or not, Rai looked at me with a confused expression as if I was seeing things he wasn't.

"...?"

I stared back at him as well, confused by his confused expression.

Suddenly, he asked me a question.

"...What's Rotravikus Ophindere?"

"...." Admittedly, I kind of expected that.

For a short moment, the both of us just stared at each other silently before I finally spoke up to stop myself from being burdened anymore by the awkward atmosphere.

"...To be honest, I don't know what Kimestu no Y*iba is either."

"....." 

Rai slowly shifted his gaze to the water with a "welp." expression. I mimicked his pose.

Unfortunately, it seems that we have no chance of bonding over our favorite animes... 

 

0