Chapter 8
442 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next work day was rmostly normal. When no customer was in the shop, I spent time with Umbra. A few minutes before the library closed I opened my notifications.

You gained 550 exp for the librarian of doom.

After that I opened my status to distribute my attribute points.

Name: Adrik Attributes: Strenght: 11 Skills: tame  Spells: dark thoughts  
Class: Tamer: Liberian of doom   Agility: 15   unveil      
Level: 2; 3   Healthiness: 11          
Titles: none   Recovery: 9          
Health: 110/110   Endurance: 10          
Stamina: 100/100   Intelligence: 15          
Mana: 90/90   Wisdom: 19          
      Charisma: 17          
      unused attribute points: 6          

I decided to put 2 points into recovery, 2 into healthiness and 2 into endurance to stay balanced.

Name: Adrik Attributes: Strenght: 11 Skills: tame  Spells: dark thoughts
Class: Tamer: Liberian of doom   Agility: 15   unveil     
Level: 2; 3   Healthiness: 13        
Titles: none   Recovery: 11        
Health: 130/130   Endurance: 12        
Stamina: 120/120   Intelligence: 15        
Mana: 150/150   Wisdom: 19        
      Charisma: 17        
      unused attribute points: 0        

The next work day was relative normal. I sometimes spend time with Umbra when no customer was in the shop. A few minutes before the library closed I opened my notifications.

You gained 550 exp for the librarian of doom.

After that I opened my status to distribute my attribute points.

I wanted to be in top form when I would join a guild. At dusk Umbra and I left the library. While I walked through the empty streets it hushed from shadow to shadow. I went directly to the adventurer guild.

 This was a guild where almost everybody could join. It was the center of monster hunting. Everybody could post a “quest”.  After that the task would get a rank and then every adventurer of a corresponding or lower rank could take the task, complete it and reap the rewards. The completion of the quest would be detected by a magical amulet that also verified your identity and your membership in the guild.

I enjoyed the quite walk. When we arrived I asked Umbra to wait in the shadows and I entered the building. A secretary greeted me

“Hello young men, what can I do for you?”

“Hello mister, I would like to join the adventurer guild.”

“That’s very direct but a good trait in my opinion. I will message the examiner. I can give you a list with the steps you have to undergo to join the guild. Can you read?”

“Yes, I can read. Thanks.”

“Here. The examiner will be here in 10 minutes. You can make yourself familiar with the initiation process. “

I sat down in the waiting area and read the text. Despite the late time there were many people around.

 

1. You will be tested by a healer on mind influencing conditions. You will be tested on Madness, possession and compulsion. You are not allowed to join the guild if one of the conditions applies to you.

  1. you will undergo an interrogation. The most important questions are:

All answers will be handled absolutely confidentially.

  1. The last step is the creation of your amulet. The imprint of your soul will be placed on the Amulet and an Imprint will be saved in our records.

 

Almost all the steps are okay but the questions could be hard. I hope they don’t ask if I have a second class. I will have to hope that no information will leak because I really need join the guild for their opportunities.

“Hello mister…?”

“Adrik, just Adrik”

“Hello Adrik, I am Jacline and I will be your examiner tonight. I see that you made yourself already familiar with the initiation.  Do you have any questions or can we get started?”

“No, you proceed”

“Okay, please follow me.”

She guided me to a room that looked a little bit like a room in a hospital which was only made with materials of the late middle ages. Waiting at some kind of bench was a doctor.

“Please sit down. I will just check you up and after that you are free to go. Please stop all analyzation blocking skills.”

I sat down on the bench and said

“I am ready”

After that he touched me on multiply points and whispered silently something.

“He is alright and can join the guild from medical perspective.”,he said to Jacline. She brought me to the next room. In the center was a complex machine with two crystals. One was green and one was red. The meaning of the crystals were pretty clear: green is a truth and red is a lie.

“Please sit down and stay calm while I attach you to the machine.”

It was  kind of scary after I was attached. She didn’t hesitate and and asked the first question:

“I will start with the questions now:  Do you want to join the guild voluntary?”

“Yes”

Truth

“What is your class?”

“I am a tamer”

Truth

“What’s your level?”

“2”

Truth

“Who are you?”

“I am Adrik”

Truth

“What is your last name?”

“I am just Adrik”

Truth

“Okay, that’s it. An artificer will come every moment from now and then he will create your amulet.”

After a short amount of time a little concentrated man came inside.  He was probably the artificer. He ignored our existence completely and mumbled some senseless stuff. He opened a drawer and took out some kind of press. He put it on a table and after that he took an injection out and took a blood sample of me. Then he put the blood into the press with some other substances and pressed the piston down. He took the amulet out put a string into it and pressed it into my hands. Then he was gone again.

I looked questioning to Jacline.

She just said: “and that was George and here is your amulet.

You are now an official member of the adventurer guild. Welcome!”

8