Chapter 13
296 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I arrived Haylor was super angry about my disappearance. After he settled down I showed him my new ability. That impressed him and after a short admonition he went back to being a (metamorphic) cold library.

The next few days were filled with training. While the library was opened and no customers were in my field of view I trained to open portals. Despite the simplicity of the technique I needed a lot of practice because one day I would like to travel between worlds.

 At this moment I would have probably have arrived in maaaaany pieces, which actually happened to one unlucky book. Haylor was very unhappy about that and made a grumpy comment >Use some useless stuff like yourself instead of my fine books.<

 The day went by and they were as normal as working in a library that eats people can be.

 

One day while Umbra went on a little adventure outside of the library Sator came back into the library. He was extremely stressed out and  looked kind of crazy:” Hi, little one! Do you have books? Magic books?! I have magic book for you. Book for book?

“Eeeeh. Yes, that sounds great.”

 He showed a book to me.

Skillbook of trading (special)

I tried to find out what was wrong with him and used unveil on him.

Name: Sator sarist

Objectives:  -learn ritual magic and øther kinds of magic

                      -loli eåting

                      -#∑MµSæd©™¿Q

Curse of chaotic mind (temporary)

 

>Haylor? <

> He has a serious curse that messes with his mind. I can’t clean it without alerting the caster of the curse. Stay alert!<

I decided to bring him deeper into the library where he would be safe. I wanted to use the curse to my advantage:” Friend. Can I store your book? I don’t want you to be troubled by its weight.”?

“Do you want to steal my book?” He summoned a fireball in his hand and pointed it at me. “Are you a traitor? Are you one of them? Please don’t be one of them!” His emotions took a sharp turn. He slumped to the floor and started to weep and sob “Don’t hurt me! Please! I didn’t want it to happen! It was an accident. Please! Please! I am innocent! Please!...” Clearly puzzled I sat next to him and tried to comfort him:” Shhhhhhh. I believe you. You areiInnocent. Shhhhhhhh.”

When one sob was very loud I pushed the skill book under one shelf. Luckily he didn’t notice it.

After a lot of comforting he calmed down and we continued our journey into the library.

Suddenly Haylor shouted in my head >Two disguised specialized combat mages entered the library. Find out about whom Sator spoke!<

“Sator, is somebody chasing you?”

“Are they here? Have they found me?”

“Sator, concentrate! Who are they?”

“The executers”

>Haylor, a little help?<

>That’s extremely bad. Executers kill rogue mages. Go into magic training room 2.”

I grabbed Sators hand and we started to run. At first I had to drag him with me but after a moment he started to run by himself.

A few meters away from the room. Someone shouted from behind us.

“Hey Assholes one step more and I will decorate the walls with your brain.” , shouted the executers.

>A third party entered the library. I think they are our best opportunity to escape this situation. Play for time till they arrive. <

“Who are you and what are you doing in my library?”, I asked.

“We are executers with the authority of the mage council. We are tracking a rogue element down. Step to the side and let us handle the element next to you.”

>When do they arrive? <

> One minute <

“I know the ‘element’ you’re talking about. I’m not sure that he went rogue.”

“CHEESECAKE!!!”

We all said “Shut up, Sator!” simultaneous.

“One last warning: step to the side or you will also be attacked.”

I noticed two people in black cloaks painted with red runes. They silently sneaked behind the executers.

 I backed down: “Okay, Okay, I will step aside…”

In the next moment I saw two bright flashes behind the backs of the executers and then they slumped motionless down.

They demanded that I come with them.

I answered:” Sorry but my parents forbade me to go with strangers.”

They didn’t take it very well and threw some kind of smoke bomb and then my vison blurred.

9