Live With Your Choice
418 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"None of those names make any sense to me. Who am I supposed to be, and why am I here?" I asked as confusion continued to claw at me.

"You are The Dragon Reborn, and you are here because he is here," Young Bull told me, but that just added to my confusion.

"He? Someone followed me here?" I asked.

"No, Shaidar Haran has been here for ten years, sinking his poison into the land and people. The Dark One has been waiting for you to arrive," Young Bull growled in an ominous tone.

No matter how hard I dug into my mind, whoever this wolf was, there was no memory of a Gambler or this golden-eyed wolf. This place felt wrong; it was almost like something was telling me to leave in the back of my mind, but it was just a feeling.

"None of that makes any sense to me," I complained, and the wolf nodded its head.

"It never does at first, so there is no point in trying to force everything on you. For now, you just need to know there is a great evil in the world that is greater than any threat that humans could pose," Young Bull explained to me.

"I guess so, but can you send me back? Something tells me that I am not getting very much sleep like this, and my body needs it," I explained and then blinked or tried to.

When I closed my eyes, they didn't open right away, but I could feel the silk thread bed under me that I had fallen asleep in. There was some kind of commotion coming from the hall where I had entered Bella's chamber.

My eyes opened, but there was no one else in the room with me, but I was set on edge as I heard crying.

"What happened?!" I asked out loud, but Harry didn't speak, so I grabbed my pack and ran out of the room towards the sounds of crying.

I ran down the hall, and my heart started to rise in my throat as I got closer and the smell of death started to assault my nose. Whatever happened ahead was going to be horrible, but I just didn't understand how I could have slept through something like this.

"There were too many."

Harry's words came to me just as I entered the chamber that I had been held in, and I was forced to a stop. The chamber was covered in gore and the shredded three bodies of the Caterpie that had hauled me up and then helped release me.

I hadn't even got their names, and now they were all dead. Then I snapped back to reality and rushed over to the bleeding body of Beatrice, who was crying.

Her body was mangled, and she had puncture marks all over her body where blood oozed out. The dying woman was reaching out to the remains of her dead grandchildren as she sobbed, not even noticing me.

I didn't need to ask what happened, but I had a hard time believing that just one Pokémon could do something like this. I opened my bag, and then pulled out a Potion, and turned back to Beatrice, who had stopped crying.

"No, I don't want to keep going on. It will only be a matter of time before something comes and kills me; there is no point in trying anymore. All my family is dead now, but I had hoped my daughter would have agreed to trick you like we planned, but it seems nothing will ever change who she is," Beatrice said to me as she pushed back the Potion in my hand.

"I will go and get her, and then I can send you both somewhere safe," I explained in confusion.

"No, you will leave this forest and forget about my daughter. If they have her, then she is lost, and you will die if you try to get her back!" Beatrice told me but then started to cough up blood, and I could see that she was slipping.

"What do you mean, they? You said that there was only one, right? Just how many Beedrill are there?" I asked as I contemplated pouring the Potion directly on the wounds.

"There are eight brothers, and there is no way that you can take something on like that! Leave, forget about us… Hey! Stop that!" Beatrice cried out as she poured the Potion directly on the wounds all over her body.

Like magic, the wounds filled, and Beatrice was whole again. This was selfish of me, and I probably should have respected the woman's wishes, letting her die, but she lied to me and tried to use me.

"You don't get to die yet. That isn't how this works," I declared and looked around the room, shaking my head at the carnage.

I couldn't save the children, but that didn't mean I needed to let Bella die. If I had been appropriately informed about everything, I could have dealt with things more appropriately.

'Gallia, can you send Graves to me? I have a problem that needs to be dealt with, and I can't do it alone,' I explained after mentally nudging My Gardevoir.

[Oh, I am yours now? Sorry, I know it's not the time for jokes, but I couldn't resist. Graves is on his way with Kelis, and they will get to you fast; expect them at your location in ten minutes.] Gallia explained to me, and I glared at the old Butterfree.

"This could have all been prevented if you all would have been truthful to me. I have two Pokémon stronger than me on their way here right now to come help deal with this. Now you are going to live with your choice, and you are going to push to start making better ones in the future. Now, you are going to tell me everything about these bastards, then Harry is going to tell me why I was asleep through all of this!" I growled as I closed my bag and stood back up, glaring down at Beatrice.

{Please give me some feed back on what you think so far}

3