17.5 Information Guide
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you for recently signing up for the 41st Tournament Arc of the Eastern Region and for reading this pamphlet. In this guide, we will explain the Tournament Arc's battle layout as it is different from a typical Waifu War.

The Tournament Arc (TA) is a single-elimination bracket-style tournament that consists of teams of four waifus. A team may consist of any combination of tiers, and the waifus may be all partnered with the same person, each have their own partner or any other combination. As with the standard rules, any waifu may participate unless there are extenuating circumstances. Please refer to the guide online for any registration concerns. If any issues do arise, you will be contacted promptly before the TA begins.

Each team will compete in a match consisting of 1v1 rounds. To win, one team must win 2 out of 3 rounds in the match. For rounds, only the waifu's currently fighting will be in the arena. The other members will be waiting in the dugout area during a match. Entry to and from the field will be done through the arena's teleportation capabilities. This is the same technology used to recover knocked-out waifu's in a double battle.

Each match will be divided up into 1-hour time slots with a half-hour window in between. If a match goes over the time limit, there is a 15-minute window allotted to wrapping up the current round. Once the total time of 1 hour and 15 minutes is reached, the match is ended. The winner is the team with the most wins. In the case of a tie, the team will have a rematch after the scheduled events are concluded for the day. The rematch will be a 1v1 match only, so teams must select a single waifu to participate. If the referees believe that a team intentionally caused the draw to abuse a 1v1 situation, the team that did not stall may pick the opposing team's waifu that will fight. If both teams were believed to be stalling, the referees will choose the two waifu's to fight in the 1v1.

A waifu may only enter the arena once for a match. However, they may stay in the arena for as many rounds as they like. A waifu sweeping a whole match alone is not against the rules and is a strategy that many teams try. Once a waifu is teleported out of the arena, they may not participate in the match again. Special exceptions do exist for this rule if a waifu has their own teleportation ability, for example. In cases like this, the substitution is allowed only by the waifu currently in the arena, and all movement to and from the arena must be from the waifu's ability. A waifu out of the round may not use their abilities to enter, but a waifu currently fighting may use it to exit. Please see the guide online for all special exceptions and rules pertaining to them but do know that cases like them are rare.

A waifu may swap out with a teammate using the teleportation system at any point in a round. The fourth member of the team will often be used to suddenly switch in a match to cause confusion or turn a tide of a fight when there is a bad matchup. This rule may also be used as many times as liked in a round. A whole team of waifus may be swapped in a single round. However, the previous rule of when a waifu can enter the arena will still hold. If all the swaps are used in the first round, the last waifu in the arena will have to fight all the rounds, and the team will be given a loss if she loses.

In the event, the swapping rule causes a situation where one team has no remaining eligible waifus to fight, but the score is tied, the team with waifus eligible to fight is declared the winner. This is rare, but it is best not to overuse swapping waifus in the middle of a round.

The finals and semi-finals will be held on the last day of the event. These rounds will have one team fight a match right after another. There is a two-hour window between the semi-finals and finals for this reason. During this long time, a special show is often put on for the enjoyment of the crowd. The TA staff is also filled with many talented waifus who can cure any status ailments or other afflictions a waifu may have gotten in a previous fight. They are well equipped to cure exhaustion, remove depuffs, break restraints, or even recover a waifu lost in another dimension if needed. In the event the TA staff cannot assist a team or waifu before a match, the match will be postponed until the team is ready to fight. If a team is utilizing this to stall time before a match, they will be disqualified. Matches throughout the rest of the event are attempted to be scheduled so that a team never has to do a back-to-back fight. In the rare case that a team does, or if an effect will last more than a day, the TA staff will be happy to help with any issues that will hurt the team in their next match.

The TA is an event that actively affects the waifu tiers. However, please note that tiers typically take a couple of days to update. Additionally, due to the TA's many back-to-back events, the tier updates may be delayed until a team has lost the tournament. No one should become discouraged if their tiers have not been updated during the TA. Please note that estimate tier updates found online are not officially affiliated with the TA.

Thank you for taking the time to read this informative pamphlet. We hope you have a good experience at the Tournament Arc. 

0