28 – Confrontation
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kura quickly took the lead of our little group. She had declared that she knew which way to go, so we just silently chased after the ghost waifu as she floated ahead of us.

At least, I wish we were chasing silently. I ran just behind Kura; meanwhile, the other two ran behind me, arguing the whole way.

"Why would you even come along?" Trash-chan asked.

"I told you already; I will make sure no harm falls on my Tai-kun."

We turned a corner and began to go down a flight of stairs while they still bickered.

"You're not even his waifu anymore; I will make sure Main-kun is left out of harm's way!"

"I couldn't trust a waifu like you to keep him safe."

"A waifu like me beat you twice."

"That first fight had interference; we ended it in a tie!"

Kura flew through a door ahead of us as we ran to keep up. She popped her head back through and waved her arm to me as if to say, 'hurry up.'

I stopped at the door and quickly pulled it forward. It opened to a long narrow staircase that stretched down far beyond what the eye could see.

"Next time we fight, I'll win!"

"Oh, do you want to throw down right here and see if that is right?"

"Stop, you two; we're about to go into enemy territory."

The two bickering waifus stopped arguing and turned away from each other. I would take what I could get.

We descended into the depths. The exit was somewhere in the arena's underground labyrinth, though I didn't recognize it. Still, Kura confidently led the way. We continued to chase after her as she confidently flew ahead.

"At least there are no traps," I said aloud.

"They are still disabled from when we were down here last time. Either they are confident or forgot to reactivate them," Kura answered.

"Even if there were traps, they would be no match for the likes of us!" Trash-chan said confidently.

"The trash waifu might be right about that... for once...."

I didn't bother looking back at the two, but I felt like they were probably glaring at each other.

"How are you so sure they are this way," I decided to ask Kura.

"My scouting before led me right to them!" she answered. She didn't seem to want to give me anything more to go on as she flew ahead. I decided not to press the matter any further.

It wasn't long before we reached a large door. It was wide and looked like something that would open by lifting from the bottom, such as a garage door. Kura pointed to it and nodded.

"What?" I asked, not entirely understanding what she was trying to convey.

"Beyond that door is where our opponents are."

"I see."

"They are that way? Let's go kick some butt!" Trash-chan began to walk forward confidently. She stopped at the door and began to look all around. "How do you open this?"

"You have to push the button on the wall that is on the other side. You go through that doorway over there to get to it." Kura pointed at another door that was on a far wall.

"In that case, why don't we all just go in that way?" I asked.

"We could, but it would be more of a dramatic moment if you ran in and struggled against the waifus for a moment before finally pushing the button to reveal your backup!" Kura said with a smile.

"When we are done here, I'll introduce you to some of my friends; I think you would get along." I began walking to the door and waved for the others to follow. "Come on, we will all go in that way," I said, pointing to the normal door. We entered and twisted around a small hallway. The space opened into a vast expanse of a room. A large computer monitor took up a large stretch of the wall. In front of it was an equally large desk, and computer terminals were lined throughout the room. Everything was connected haphazardly with wires that scattered throughout the room as certain trip hazards.

Across the room by the monitor, there were some familiar faces. Chemist-chan and Jefischa. In addition, there were two other familiar faces, Kalen and—

"Dad?" I said aloud. The surprise was something else. There was my dad standing in front of the keyboard. He wore a pair of denim shorts and a loose white tee shirt. On his feet, he had sandals with socks underneath, and the top of his head was slightly balding. I hadn't seen him for years, yet he hadn't changed one bit.

"Oh, hey, son! Did you come to rescue your old man from the clutches of these rogue waifus? He said after turning around and looking in my direction. He had a beaming smile on his face.

"Uh, no... what are you even doing here?"

"Oh, they needed someone to hack this computer, and they seemed to think I was the best man for the job."

"Enough talking Jupiter Juyo." Kalen interrupted and stepped forward. My dad sighed. He pulled an ax off the desk and proceeded to drive it into the monitor. The glass exploded all around.

"It's done anyway. You said you wouldn't harm any of my family." He said firmly to Kalen. She brushed some broken glass off her arm.

"Was that necessary?" she asked.

"Even under duress, I do my job fully."

"I think Kalen's point was that you only hacked the monitor. The computer is over there," Jefischa added.

"I'm surrounded by idiots...." Kalen muttered to herself, "Tai Juyo, you did well to come all this way!" She suddenly turned her attention to me and tried to change the subject. "You may want to take your father back, but I'm afraid I still have a use for him!"

"I had no idea he was here...."

"That's true; he probably had no idea."

Kalen just sighed. She shook her head and her shoulders as if to collect herself.

"Jupiter Juyo, it is about time that you show yourself the door."

My dad wasn't given a chance to respond. Jefischa quickly put her hand on his shoulder. He suddenly turned to a form like stained glass and shattered.

"Does that count as 'showing him the door'? It was more like showing him the window." Trash-chan asked.

"Don't let him rub off on you, please," I groaned.

The space suddenly began to shake. It was safe to assume that the whole arena was shaking as a response. I looked around as if I would find some answer, but the waifus remained unfazed.

Then the shaking stopped as suddenly as it began.

"It seems that everything is in place now," Kalen mused as she looked off in the distance.

Do I even dare to ask?

"What's in place now!" Trash-chan went ahead and asked anyway.

"Trash-chan, don't go provoking her. The last thing we want to do is sit through a monologue!" However, it was already too late.

"Well, I'm glad you asked my dear Trash waifu. You see, this world has become polluted-"

"Just cut to the evil scheme, please." I interrupted.

"Evil? No Tai Juyo, I have a noble goal—to purge this world of waifus!"

"You fiend, why would you want to do that!" Trash-chan gasped.

"Well, I was in the middle of explaining it when Tai Juyo interrupted me... shall I go back and explain?"

"Please don't, how will you accomplish your scheme, in 6 words or less please." I had no patience for any of this.

"You're just as bad as your father... At the top, I will begin a program that will spell the end of waifus!"

That was certainly more than six words, but I didn't expect her to listen to me. Amplifier and Trash-chan were already taking steps to Kalen.

"You don't think we would let you win!" Amplifier said with confidence. Kalen smiled.

"But I already have."

She suddenly shattered along with Jefischa. Chemist-chan took a step forward to face us.

I suppose we have to fight this one...." Amplifier said softly. As if to respond, several spears of water suddenly shot past the sound waifu with alarming speed. They crashed into the computer network behind us, shattering the hard drives as a result. At a glance, it might have seemed like Chemist-chan missed, but her confident look made it clear the computers were her actual targets.

Amplifier didn't wait for a follow-up attack. She burst forward and plunged and accelerated palm into Chemist-chan's stomach. The chemical waifu was thrown back and crashed into the already shattered monitor. She jumped to her feet as if the attack didn't phase her and smashed the keyboard by the monitor in two with a heavy stomp, most likely just for good measure.

"Tch," Amplifier said as she put up her fists. Chemist-chan just threw out a beaker that smashed onto the ground. A purple haze began to spew out from where the beaker landed.

"It's a fairly toxic poison. You might want to get out of here before the room is filled..." Chemist-chan said nonchalantly.

Amplifier took a step back, but Trash-chan leaped forward. She reached out her hand to the growing cloud. Upon touching the poison, it disappeared into her recycling bin. A trash-whip appeared in her hand, and she looked at Chemist-chan with a smile.

Chemist-chan tried a couple more spears of water and then a lit ball of fire. Trash-chan just pulled the attacks into her recycling bin. The scientist waifu bit her lower lip as the trash-tier waifu snapped her whip in the air. The whip wrapped around Chemist-chan's arms and legs. She was fully restrained.

However, she had not given up. The trash-whip began to melt, and Chemist-chan burst free. Amplifier did not give her a chance to do anything else. The sound waifu was quickly next to Chemist-chan. She cupped her hands around one of the scientist's waifus ears. A few seconds later, Chemist-chan was thrown several meters across the room. She caught herself in a shaky landing on her feet before she hit the hard ground, but she soon tumbled down as she fell unconscious.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"What should we do now?" Trash-chan asked as she looked back my way.

"No idea."

"She mentioned something!" Kura added as she began to float around the room.

"I guess we should go back up and figure out what we want to do next?" I said. I wasn't sure what else we could do. Surely this has already gotten the attention of many other people.

"Ah! Tai!" The ghost waifu suddenly exclaimed while pointing at the broken keyboard.

"What is it?" I asked while making my way across the room. She didn't answer, and instead, let me see for myself once I got close enough. In the shattered keyboard, there was a key. It appeared to be the kind of key you would see for a locker, and it had a circular keychain with the number 25 on it.

"Damn, Dad." I brushed away parts of the keyboard and picked up the key.

"Do you think that is the key?" Kura asked with a smile that told me she already knew the answer.

"What key?" Amplifier asked. Trash-chan nodded to indicate she didn't know what was going on as well.

"It's a key to a local water park locker! His father hid something in it!"

"And he's the only one that knows what it is, huh?"

"You are correct!"

I sighed.

"Well, let's get going, Main-kun!"

"Lets... just go back up." I said with a sigh."

I began my walk out of the room before any of the other waifus could respond.

0