Character introduction: Vankoff Harvey
89 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I will be using some acronyms from now on, EKC is Elven Kingdoms Coalition and KA is the Kingdoms Alliance, more will come up later so make sure to remember these. Also we are running on the Gregorian calendar in this world. (Ours) Current year in world is 1238. War began in 1226.

Vankoff Harvey, General of the army, or in other words the top General. His race is human and he is 205 cm tall. He has brown hair with deep gold eyes, this is a common trait of someone from his lineage, the Harvey family. Also if you wanted to know as these may come up later he hates cats and loves dogs, is a sweets person, dislikes needless fighting, absolutely despises mindless murder and war crimes, and so on. He also loves his family and friends.

Vankoff was born into the family about 38 years ago, making his age 38 and his brith year 1200 CE. The Harvey family is a proud military family in the kingdom of Minterl and has several high ranking positions dominated, in other words, they always have those positions held by someone in their lineage. They have been around since the kingdoms founding and have helped to win every war faced in the kingdoms  500 year history.

He began training at the age of 3 with manners and other things common noble children learn being drilled into him. He began training with sword and magic at around age 5 when his body could somewhat swing a sword and he could cast beginners spells that were taught to him earlier in life. He picked up the hobby of combining spells during this time, although no one knows why, perhaps it's due to his crazy Magic teacher.

When he was 6 he began going to school, many people there were told by their parents to become friends with him due to, reasons. He easily did all material given to him and even skipped some grades, he entered the army at age 16, he could cast level 6 magic and was at about the level of a sword master, the minimum level for entering the royal guard of the kingdom. As you may have guessed his inspiration to join the military was of course, his lineage. 

He worked diligently and was in all honesty, a genius at that age. But he soon encountered what most would call a roadblock, a challenge that almost no one could overcome, he encountered it on a mission to the thick and dense forests of the Elven Kingdoms Coalition. The relationship between the Minterl kingdom, which is part of no coalition or group of kingdoms, and the Elven Kingdoms Coalition is quite strong, they are close allies and have been for at least 400 years. So naturally, when the EKC (Elven Kingdoms Coalition) asked for assistance, they obliged and sent aide. The reason for the request was simple, they were being attacked by a nearby group of kingdoms, the EKC was suffering food shortages because the group of kingdoms was cutting off their trade routes, so the EKC wanted them gone. 

Minterl sent about 10,000 soldiers as aide and other kingdoms allied with the EKC sent around the same amount, at this time Vankoff was 20 and was at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, he was leading around 1,000 men, the most one of his rank could have under their command, this was due to his lineage of course, but his expertise on the battlefield also helped. He, and around 100,000 other people from various kingdoms, engaged with the combat force of the group of kingdoms harassing EKC.

Location: Battle of the Kindling Fields, year is 1220 CE.

"Lieutenant Colonel, sir?" A soldier asked.

"Yes?" A man responded, towering over everyone else, it was Vankoff Harvey, a person who had reached Lieutenant Colonel in merely 4 years, Only somewhat due to his lineage.

"What are your orders? We are being pushed back by the enemy, they have us surrounded in a pincer attack... We should have seen it coming." The soldier speaking was 2nd in command, he had been appointed in battle due to the death of the previous one mere hours before.

"Hmmmm, how many soldiers do we have."

"About 2300, sir. 1,300 aren't ours but from other groups that were traveling with us."

"Hmmm, them?"

"About 10,000. They have a weaker number on the left side, 3,000. 7,000 on the right." The soldier said, the conversation ended there, no orders give except for.

"Let me think, hold them off for 10 minutes."

10 minutes later:

Someone burst into the tent, although it was an open tent so no surprise there.

"SIR! WE NEED ORDERS NOW, WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!" 2nd in command yelled, he was anxious and absolutely horrified, why? Their already small chance at escape was dwindling even more.

"Very well, allocate half of the soldiers on the right side to the left so we can focus on their weaker side, put 3/4 of our mages on the left too, but don't focus on the entire left side focus on the upper right instead, we can break through there and rush to regroup with our allies stationed there."

20 minutes later, it begins:

"Steady... Steady... Steadyyyyyy...... AND GO!" Rushing through the open fields was about 1700 soldiers, 600 had already died of the force.

"GO GO GO, RUN IF YOU WANT TO SURVIVE." This was the biggest battle Vankoff ever lost, and also his last. He learned a valuable lesson from the battle, and also a painful reminder, no one is invincible, everyone makes mistakes, everyone fails.

While they were running through the fields they were bombarded, but how? By a new invention horribly named, The Bomber. It dropped bombs from the sky, not the ground. No countermeasures had been made against it but in Vankoffs word, "A great General will make up his own countermeasures when none are available, all to save his soldiers."

Bombs dropped from every direction and over 800 soldiers died in the run towards the allied troops who were able to shoot down some of the bombers which scared the rest away, later on AA guns would be made for this job, it helped quite a bit. Only 873 soldiers of the 2347 survived. 

He would later redeem himself in later battles and become the top General within the army and be appointed the General of the army by the king of Minterl himself. He was glad to receive this position as he could now tell General bickering with each other, one of his pet peeves, to shut up.

Later at age 32, 6 years after the war started which was 1226, Vankoff would meet his soon to be favorite go to Generals, not only for sweets which he was fond of but for key missions too, Akasha Celestia and William Fargo after they were sent to the Finse archipelago to help the war effort there as it is a key point and strategic location due to its location. 

Can someone give me pointers on how to write battles and/or fights, I find the concept of it elusive at times and just need a little push. Also tell me things I could improve on for if I ever rewrite this or just come back and change some things.

1