Character introduction: Harkol Karloff
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harkol Karloff, his race is that of the Elves, he is a Colonel in the army and is approximately 200 cm tall, he has jet black hair and murky-diluted purple eyes. If observed closely it is easy to discern he is a cat person, although he doesn't seem to mind dogs. He is an avid reader and seemingly hates crime, if you commit a crime close to him it is possible to lose your life very easily. He seems to be fond of Celestia for some unapparent reason. He seems to be in the early stages of an Elf's life, 38 , elves live to be 200-400.

He was born into a commoner family in the year 1200 within the EKC (Elven Kingdom's Coalition). His life there was going to mandated school by the government and doing normal things any child would, like pranking the adults and messing with others. He learned magic at the public schooling but was transferred to a prestigious private school later on where he learned more advanced spells that would help him in the military later on. During that time he would also pick up swordsman ship after his parents assigned him a private tutor for that.

He was always a quiet child outside of his friend group and he never really spoke out against any decisions made by his parents or friends, he went along with it all.

His family immigrated to the Kingdom of Minterl in 1214 when he was 14 years old, when he turned 28 he was forced to join the army because of the draft. He rose to the rank of Colonel after 10 years in the army.

During the early years of his military career he was of course a low ranking soldier on the front of the battlefield. Here is a recount of what he refers to as the worst operation by someone he respected, Habl Opar, a now dead general. This was the Battle of the Lilk Canyon, where guns were first used in a military battle and which was a disastrous battle which is considered one of the biggest failures by the Minterl Army which is usually held in high esteem by even its enemies. It was once stated that had it not happened the war would already be over, although many doubt that.

Location; Lilk Canyon year 1230, 4 years after the start of the war:

"Listen up. We are now entering an ambush zone so be ready." General Habl Opar said, he was a High Orc and said to be one of the greatest Generals ever seen in the Minterl army.

"Aye aye, sir."

"Whatever you say General."

"You think we would fall to the Kingdoms Coalition pests?"

"Nah he wouldn’t."

"I don't think we would fall unless we were outnumbered 10:1 so calm your horses soldiers." Opar said while bursting into uncontrollable laughter, all the soldiers started to join in as well, he continued with another statement, "And even if we did we would take them down with us." At that same moment an unidentified object went through the head of his second in command, a soldier began yelling, "AMBUS-" An unidentified object also went through his head, he fell to the ground, the objects that they couldn’t identify started raining down from the sky hitting soldiers left and right, everyone was scrambling to put their shields up, the only thing that could block these unidentifiable objects and that was perhaps due to the strong and rare metal they were made from, and maybe due to not being made from the same material as their shields the objects even went through their armor. In the back were the mages putting up mana barriers to protect themselves and those around them, one such was Karloff, he was quite skilled at magic casting two spells simultaneously, with one hand he was holding a tier 3 mana barrier up and the other he was casting attack spell after attack spell ranging from 3-4.

After 5 minutes the General finally figured out where the attacks were coming from, above, so he ordered his archers to fire upwards towards the cliffs. So Minterl's archers started returning the fire but not quick enough, Karloff starts to tell the mages to reinforce the archers arrows so they have more of an impacts and to make up for the smaller amount going up and them being slower, he himself makes them explode when they hit the ground above but not enough to cause the cliffs to break apart and hit the ground below.

"EVERYONE RUSH FORWARD, WE MUST GET OUT OF THE CANYON." General Opar yelled, and they did run out, as quickly as they could all the way to the exit which seemed close but was in reality, quite the distance away, they didn't seem to care though and they just ran as quickly as they could.

Karloff was one of the first to reach the exit, he quickly set up an enormous mana barrier array to block the incoming earlier unidentifiable objects, which were now called bullets by the soldiers who saw them and were hit by them, no one knows why they were called this but most soldiers agreed that they should be called this, the mana barrier was easier to erect in an open field. 

General Opar was more or less one of the last to exit. "Soldiers. I have failed you and we have lost many men and women, and on top of that their calvary are coming this way through the canyon while killing off any and all stragglers, so I have taken it upon myself to hold them here while you all make your way towards one of our camps 20 miles north of here. And also, none of you are allowed to stay here. I will defend this position myself." General Opar was not saying this with doubt but with certainty, although Orcs are a rare race with all considered they were also extremally overpowered in close combat, as they had a racial skill, Berserk, which allowed them to overcome all their limits in exchange for all of their stamina and mana once it wore off, at that point he would die defenseless. "It was my honor to serve with you all. Good luck in your future endeavors." 

All of the remaining soldiers started heading north towards the Minterl army camp, Karloff, with all the others, headed off towards the Minterl army camp. Karloff occasionally looked behind him while Opar was still in view just to see hundreds of dead humans and horses piled on top of one another. "God damn it. He was one of the best Generals I had ever served under now he's fucking dead. This is shit." A soldier exclaimed, many said something in agreeance and were all agitated at the Kingdoms Coalition.

After the battle Karloff was rewarded with a medal of bravery for organizing the mages and getting them to support the archers and also make a barrier at the canyons exit. This battle was one of the major factors that helped him become a Colonel, and one of the main reasons he would meet Celestia. He still has major PTSD from this battle as he was close friends with the General and 2nd in command who he witnessed having his brains blown out, they all often went out drinking together. Many of his other close friends also died during this battle, therefore this battle was his deciding factor to put his all into the military and try and take down the Kingdoms Coalition.

Approximately 8 years later he would meet with Celestia at The Battle of Canyon Jolin. He would become her second in command there and serve with her for the remainder of his military career.

I hate coming up with character ages because it has to match up with their story and the start of the war and the such, also character intros will be shorter than normal chapters and I decided that they will come out when I decide and normal chapters will come out on the dates stated in the description, also I couldn't really come up with anything for his early childhood ;( sorry. Anyway I would love for you to join the discord because it's easier for you to get updates :D

Discord-  https://discord.com/invite/H3meMwq2AN

1