Chapter 6: Depths of Hell
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location; Meeting room, Royal castle, 2 days after the party at the Dukes mansion:

“Have you heard…?”

“Who are they?”

“We haven’t had an update on the war for a while.”

“Everyone, quiet down please.” A loud voice filled with a dominant and more or less, royal pressure, and then continued and said, “Today, we will be having a quaint and nice talk about some things, so if you don’t mind, no interrupting please.” It was the king.

“And this talk will come from a General who recently came back for a short time on the orders of our general of the army, listen closely.”

“Our casualty count is rising because we do not have the right equipment for this war. We, as the military, need more funding, that is the first thing I will ask after coming here.” Celestia burst, she seemed a little mad.

“How will we provide such funding? We are struggling to provide what we need to right now. It’s hard to support an army of millions after all.” One Nobel on the court chimed in.

“We get the frustrations but we are doing the best we can!” Another one said.

“I said no interrupting.” The king said.

“Thank you sir, and as for you nobles, I get that you are trying but we need more, they are progressing quickly, our mages are becoming outdated if we don’t make more technology to amplify their abilities or support them… we will lose the war at this rate. What we are doing right now isn't enough, we might as well just surrender if you aren't going to provide more funding.”

"Permission to speak?" One of the two only Archdukes asked, Archduke Archibold.

"Yes." Replied the King.

"I get it, you need more funding... but name a way we can get that funding."

"You could up exports! Cash in favors you have with other countries!" Celestia yelled.

"We can't up exports, our citizens are already suffering a great deal from to little food, and we have already cashed in a lot if not all of our favors."

"Think of way, I don't care how just do. Please. We are suffering hundreds of losses everyday..."

"Do not worry, we will try at the very least." The king said.

Location; Celestia's home:

"They aren't going to try..." Celestia pouted, she knew even though they said they would, they would not, "Carter, what's your opinion?"

"Well, miss, I believe that they will not give any more money to the war than they already are, and honestly I they have valid reasons not too."

"But if we don't get this money I doubt we'll win this war, we are against multiple kingdoms, it's just us doing this all... we need support from other kingdoms, we need more in this war but they're all to scared."

"It's understandable, if they get involved and we lose, they're guaranteed to be conquered, not to mention the tides aren't exactly in our favor."

"Aren't you supposed to be supportive of me, not bring me down like this." Celestia jokingly said.

"Yes, but sometimes I have to bring down the cold hard truth."

"Ugh, you always take everything seriously, have some fun."

"Well this was a serious conversation, miss."

"God, if there even is one anymore."

Hours later:

"Mhmm, ugh..." Celestia lay asleep in her bed, a silent creak could be heard from the window.

tap

tap

tap

"Shhhh." A figure, shrouded in darkness, whispered towards its supposed compatriot, "We can kill her now, hand me the knife."

"Yes sir."

A silver glint was let off due to light reflecting off of the knife, it came from the hallway.

"Shit, someone's here, ditch ditch ditch."

"Oh, you're not getting away." A creepy smile appeared upon the butler. His race was that of the demons, he opened his mouth wide, wider, wider, CRACK. "Intruders, dealt with... they didn't taste too good."

"Ughhh, who's there?"

"It's nothing miss, just some pest that were wandering around at night." He glanced to his side, as if to say, 'Get out'. The pattering of feet could be faintly heard, suggesting the butler was telling some subordinates to scatter. "But, they were taken care of quickly, can't have them interrupt your night any more than they already have. Miss." He said, as kindly as possible to deter all worry Celestia may have. "We all live for you, after all."

The next morning:

"Ah, something weird happened last night." Celestia said.

"Hmm, what could it have been?" Her words piqued Carters interest.

"I just dreamed that you were talking to me, right after you killed some people... I don't know why, but in the dream you ate them although I could be wrong because I was sleeping in the dream it seems. Ah! It's all so confusing, my mind is so cluttered!"

"Do not worry, nothing will ever happen to you, even in your dreams."

"Hmmm? You say something carter?"

"Ah, no Miss, I did not."

"Whatever you say!"

Sorry about the very long delay, I was contemplating dropping this but decided to not, updates at least once a week. Also I have no excuse for not writing for a while, I in all honesty, just couldn't write for a while as seen on how I only got to 800 words in this chapter, 2000 words will be in the next to make up for this, it will come out tomorrow if I find the time, I will also start stockpiling chapters so such a big gap doesn't happen again, I will start with many chapters in my next novels as well, hope this was an enjoyable read!

2