Chapter 14: Unexpected or Expected Traitor?
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location; Harvy's tent:

A loud and explosive bang could be heard as someone rushed into Harvy's tent, it wasn't exactly them banging anything open to get into the tent but rather just their clumsiness that led to them hitting multiple pieces of furniture as they ran towards Harvy with bitter news that would sodden the mood of anyone who heard it, "SIR! Horrible news! I've just received word that the strategist and proposer of the plan to find the spy, Kegan, has been found dead with a myriad of objects impaling him."

"Fuck. Who are the main suspects." Harvy repsonded.

"The main suspects are as follows, the most likely is the mage sent with him since the means of his death were only accomplishable by magic and the mage has been found walking around as if nothing has happened. A fatal mistake, it seems he has become to carefree and ignorant of us as he has yet to be found, the bastard is looking down on u-"

"Stop, give me the rest of the suspects."

"Suspect number two is a more conspicuous character, General Keeves, he had dirt on the strategist and hated him. These are the only two suspects we've been able to come up with so far, the most likely is the mage though."

"Send him to the interrogation tent and tell the internal investigations department that I'll personally handle this."

"Y-yes sir."

Location; Interrogation tent:

"So, sir mage. It seems you're the prime suspect in the murder of strategist Kegan." Harvy began.

"I digress, it was not me. He told me to go away some time after we left the main tent." The mage responded.

"Ok, that's very nice but, I'd like you to understand that I don't really care about your half made up aliby, Sir Javen Iolen of the United Kingdoms Alliance. Home country is the country o-"

"ALRIGHT I GET IT. You know who I am, so I'll take down one of the most important figures in the Minterl army before I die." Javen yelled as he lunged towards Harvy who, in response, stepped to the side and unsheathed his sword. Javen crashed into the ground and groaned.

"What an insolent idea." Harvy made a quick motion with his newly unsheathed weapon and then lay it on the table next to him.

"What was that fo-?" He felt something detach from his body and then looked down. "AGHUHUH, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. GOD DA-"

"Quiet down now. Or you'll lose another finger." A thud could be heard as Javen's pinky hit the ground, still twitching. "Now, where is the base holding Celestia, perhaps you'll live as a prisoner of war if you answer."

"WE HAVE RULES IN WARS."

"All of those were dropped when we learned about your POW camps and your inhumance treatment of the prisoner and your torture methods. All bets are off and you shall bear the consequences your nation and it's allies have incurred. Do not expect sympathy." He picked up his blade and made another quick motion. Another thud was heard, this time he kept his sword with him. "Would you like another one to be lopped off?"

"Wh- I-I didn't even notice... Fuckkk... God help us all." 

"Answer me."

Tears piled up in his ducts and fluid began dripping and pooling up in his nostrils, "Fine, just promise to let me live."

"Very well."

"O-ok so you know the Levenal Mountain ranges, right?"

"Yes."

"Around the wooded area below is a quite secure location, it'll probably require some sneaking around to get into but there's a hidden facility we have there and I do believe that is the area you're looking for as we usually take high profile prisoners there."

"Thank you." While smiling he took his sword and swung it in a careless fashion, when he retracted it he cleaned it off and then sheathed it. Javen's face contained a wide and open mouth and a tearful expression as his head slid off its foundation. "May you be blessed in your next life." Harvy said as he walked out of the tent, once he was out he waved his hand and motioned for a cleanup crew.

Location; Planning room:

"So we know the approximate location, Levenal mountains, but not the exact location is what I'm getting here." Colonel Karloff said, annoyed.

"Well, yes, but if we send in mages and commit to large scale echolocation-esque magic we'll be able to quickly find a structure capable of housing high profile POWs." Harvy responded.

"After that how will we be able to get in."

"I would assume through careful infiltration by an expert team, and then extraction. We may even find other high ranking individuals who were marked as MIA. This could prove to be quit beneficial to us in the end."

"Ok, but now that that's out of the way how did you figure out who the spy was?"

"I ransacked his room after he was called to the investigation tent, I found his personal diary. Seems he wasn't suited to spy work seeing to the amount of mistakes he made which led to his eventual and inevitable downfall."

"Noted. Now how will we plan this extraction and infiltration and everything else."

"Well, I just received news that an experimental group of trainees have finished up, it's the first gunman squadron of our kingdom. I would like to employ them as before they were infiltration specialists. They volunteered by the way. They will be used to test the combat effectiveness of firearms in covert operations, as we've already seen how effective they are on the battlefield, against us that is. This is our time to test the reverse engineered weapon we had confiscated and how it's semi-mass produced self can hold up. Only a small batch was created by the manufacturing company providing for us."

"Very well, General Harvy, but one more thing."

"Yes?"

"Who will be leading this?"

"Me."

"Wait, what?"

Well, this took a lot out of me after the studying but summer is approaching and after that a new school year with much less work the the end of school years so yay! And as a counterstatement to my profile post this will be posted as a short chapter and I'll post an, at least, 1k word character introduction to make up for that. And once again please point out any errors as it helps me out and tell me what I could do better as this novel is a learning experience for me :3

Discord-https://discord.com/invite/H3meMwq2AN

0