Chapter 3 – Magic and a Friend?!
41 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

 

The purple worm thing did indeed keep heading north. I was relieved when I saw it floating like always. I was interested in what its soul looked like so, once the sun rose, I looked at the purple worm thing’s body and saw that there were many small purple blobs hiding inside of it. 

 

No, wait, the purple worm thing is made of them. I had thought that the purple worm thing was woven out of some sort of thread, but it is woven out of purple blobs. That is bad! Those purple blobs are alive! What should I do? 

 

Well, maybe it is just the mother of those purple blobs? 

 

I saw a floating grey blob and fed it to the purple worm thing.  The grey blob turned purple, and this time I did not try to absorb it.

 

The purple blob started to run(?) away. It looked as if it was being chased. The soul was sending out that thing to its environment, so I tried touching it. 

 

‘Soul weaving parasite behind me. World bend to my will and hide me from it.’ 

 

Scary, bend, scary, bend, scary bend.

 

I was surprised by the purple blob's clear ideas. I looked at it again, only to see it fading from my normal sight. I could still see it through my new sight. Just before it completely disappeared, the purple worm thing rushed towards it. 

 

The purple blob started to flee. Its body began to spaghettify, with one end rushing towards the purple worm thing, and the other end trying to escape. 

 

The purple worm thing started to weave the purple blob into a cocoon around itself. 

 

I wonder if it was a caterpillar instead of a worm? My naming sense sucks… 

 

 

Let’s use my memories to figure out some names for the things I see. I mean, I am fine using ‘that thing’ as a descriptor, but are you, World?

 

The grey blobs were fractured souls, right? 

 

I am also something supernatural, so I am working with magic and stuff like that, right? I should make the names fit then.

 

So the purple blobs are purple souls. The purple worm thing will become the Soul Weaver. The thing the soul sends to the body will become Qi, and the thing it sends to the world will become Mana! 

 

Hmm....

 

The purple soul was able to hide itself by using mana, right? Is that magic? Can I use mana to speak to humans? How do I even use mana? Do I just wish for the world to bend?

 

"'World around me, bend to my will and conceal me!"

 

I shouted in my head. 

 

Nothing happened…

 

Why, what did that purple soul even do?  I hope that I can get another purple soul to do that.

 

There were many fractured souls around me. Their grey blob-like forms drifted and danced in the sunlight. I created a tendril and grabbed one. I touched the soul with the Soul Weaver’s threads. A purple cloud appeared where the blob touched it. The purple cloud quickly took over the grey surroundings. 

 

I kept the purple soul enwrapped in my tendril. I touched it’s mana.

 

‘Soul enslaver, it knows of me, run.’ The purple soul began to move and I let it, but still kept it wrapped. 

 

‘World, hear my call! Allow me escape!

 

Fast, safe, fast, untouched, fast, fast, safe, fast.

 

 

 

I felt as if I could speed along like a comet. Untouchable by any pursuer

 

The purple soul suddenly lurched forward, as if it were shot from a cannon. My tendril barely kept its grip. The purple managed to move 50 meters before the soul weaver started to catch up. The purple soul was spaghettified, and pulled towards the weaver. The purple soul’s spaghettified body was further thinned and was coiled around the soul weaver, like a spool of thread, creating a cocoon. 

 

The soul weaver’s body fell to the ground. I watched in anticipation, and wondered if it was metamorphosing its body. What would it become? 

 

 

I watched it for a day and a night. There was no movement. It just laid where it landed. My patience was growing thin. Why was I watching this when I could have been figuring out mana?

 

The purple souls, when their mana left their bodies, seemed to do two things. They had an inner and outer voice chanting something. The outer voice would specify the command. I.E. ‘World, hear my call! Allow me to escape!’ 

 

The inner voice would focus on and chant a series of concepts. I.E. Fast, safe, fast, untouched, fast, fast, safe, fast. The two voices would sharpen each other’s meaning. So, if I were to try it, I would need the two voices. 

 

‘World around me hear my call! Gather the fractured souls around me, to me!’

 

Gather, grey blobs, move, grey blobs, gather, grey blobs, gather, move, grey blobs.

 

I felt bad, my mind hurt. The fractured souls around me started rushing towards me. As if they were iron and if I was a magnet. As if by sheer instinct, I gathered three grey blobs in a tendril and absorbed them. 

 

For a second, memories flooded my mind, before disappearing into the aether. My mind cleared. I saw 17 fractured souls surrounding me. I looked down towards the soul weaver. I wonder if it needs more souls? 

 

I grabbed a fractured soul and pressed it against the soul weaver. Slowly it became purple, before spaghettifying and wrapping itself around the weaver. The cocoon grew in size. I grabbed one fractured soul after another, and allowed the soul weaver to absorb them.

 

After absorbing 13 fractured souls, the soul weaver’s cocoon began to glow a gentle violet. I gave it another soul, and the glow grew brighter. Slowly, the cocoon began to shrink as the glow brightened. I watched in anticipation, absorbing the two remaining grey blobs. In an instant, twenty years of memories went by. I quickly regained my clarity. 

 

...

 

 

 

5 hours later and the cocoon had taken a humanoid shape. It was about 2 feet tall and 6 inches wide. The violet glow began to shrink into its body. After another 4 hours, the glow gradually disappeared from my view. 

 

The strange humanoid thing moved. It too looked like it was weaved from thread. It had a purple exoskeleton, of some sort that covered everything but its face. For its face, it only had two human mouths. One on its forehead, and the other where humans have theirs.

 

The creature stood up, and then fell over. In my excitement, I tried talking to it. It turned its head towards me! Both of its mouths moved. 

 

"The Red Soul over there, come here and die."

 

What a funny joke. I responded in kind.

 

"Why did the chicken cross the road? … To get to the other side!" The soul weaver started moving towards me. I think it wants a hug? I spread my tendrils and proceeded to hug it.

 

"Foolish being, do you believe you can absorb me? Ha, watch this!" The soul weaver’s body absorbed one of my tendrils. It began to laugh. 

 

"Stop it." I laughed back. The soul weaver began to shrink in size. Slowly at first, before almost instantly disappearing. A long stream of memories filled my mind. 

 

2