Chapter 6 – I Signed a Contract to Make a Friend!
25 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you for reading! If you find any errors, or have another problem while reading, please leave it bellow

Chapter 6

 

Hey World, I have been sooo bored recently. 

I have been trapped in this small empty cell for two weeks. This entire time I have been alone, with the exception of some human who comes here with food twice a day. They don’t count though, the foo human refuses to speak to me, much less become my friend

 

At first I thought about becoming mist and escaping from here, but my memories seem to tell me that is a bad thing to do. If I want to make friends with the humans, I must stay here. 

 

Yet doing nothing is boring. 

But, there is nothing for me to do.

This room is almost completely free of mana. Whenever my soul or any other emits any, it is dissolved somehow. 

 

*sigh*

 

My method of contact with the humans could have been better, but I don’t want to think about it. 

When the humans ignore me, and those kidnappers... 

When I do think about it, I feel lonely. So, I have been keeping my thoughts on something else. 

 

According to that mean baldie, I am detained at a school for psychic and magic children or something. 

Then I guess psychics are real. Maybe I was wrong and you are actually listening World? I hope so! I wonder how their powers work? Does they use mana, qi, or something else entirely?

On that, I think I have been fundamentally wrong when thinking of mana. Magic is an application of mana, so, is I want to get better,  I must fix it. Mana, according to Jiom’s memories, should be ever present. 

Yet, the more I see mana, the more I disagree with that, especially here in this city. 

At first, I agreed with Jiom. Mana seemed to be everywhere, while qi seemed to be limited to the body. Now I disagree.

Mana is not ever present, and qi is not made from it. If this was true, I would have long run out of qi because of this room, and my body would not listen to my soul.

 

No…

Mana seems to be made by souls. 

 

My hypothesis is that all living things have a soul, from fractured souls to bacteria and trees.

These souls take in something from their surroundings before they begin to emit mana. All souls emit mana into their surroundings at different rates.

Plants and other forms of non-intelligent life emit mana that seems to be free for anything to use. When an intelligent being uses mana, it becomes marked with intent.

Souls with a body seem to generate qi. I do not know if fractured souls do too.

I don’t know what qi does besides allowing the body and soul to connect. I mean, it is used to make runes, so there might be more applications....

*SLAM*

The door seemed to be as loud as a cannon to my ears. It seriously disturbed my thoughts. Is it the food human?

No, it seems to be the person who guided me in between the interrogation room and this cell. She is accompanied by three humans while entering this room. Two women and a man.

I knew two of these humans, the two unfriendly interrogators, Depv and Ruc. 

*humph* Let's see how they like being ignored.

The other woman seemed to be about two meters tall. She had her brown hair in a bun. She wore an orange suit and had a blue tie. She was staring at me.

!

Does she want to be my friend?! 

I waved at her and she waved back. 

Trahahahen, you better be prepared, World, I might just have a new best friend.

The guide lady opened up the cell, and I ran to the new person.

 

"Hey friendly human lady, I am Bloody. What is your name!?! Will you be my friend?!"

She smiled, ooh she is going to agree right. I can barely stop myself from running about. The lady crouched down and patted my head.

"I am Seuyz, Bloody. I don’t think so. Maybe we can be friends in the future, but not right now." 

I might be misinterpreting this, but she didn’t reject me, so there must be something that prevented her from doing so. Hold in the tears, Bloody stay strong.

 

"Why, will you not be my friend? Is there something stopping you?" 

"I am not friends with bad people. I heard you were arrested." 

 

She said…

No, of course, she said that humans hate criminals. I have become hated by humans…*sniff*

 

Something was touching my head.

"So, I will make a deal with you. If you agree with it, I will be your friend."

"A deal! What deal?" 

She isn’t human, she is an angel! Humans hate criminals, so she must be an angel.

 

"If you agree to never do what led you to be arrested again, to help me and the other elders with various tasks, and if you agree to join my school, I will both become your friend and let you free."

"Really?!"

"Only if you agree. If not, I won't be your friend, and you will stay here as proof that you are a bad girl."

"No, I will agree. I am a good girl."

"Good, wait here while I get the contract."

 

Ha, did you see that World? You will soon be replaced. I have a human friend.

"Did you seriously just coer——

*click*

Depv was probably saying something mean to my friend before the accursed door shut me off from helping her.

 

 

My friend came back with a contract. It was some kind of plea bargain, and if I agreed to it, I would be free of any crimes I might have committed.

After signing the contract, Seuyz hugged me and led me to her car. We were surrounded by many strange and tall buildings and trees. My human friend told me that we were on campus, and that we were going on a small adventure!

While she was driving, we talked about magic and our lives. Apparently, Seuyz is the principal of The Federal Academy of Magic and Psychic Youths. The academy is for human children from 4-24. 

We passed through a cylindrical barrier that surrounded the campus. She told me that it was shaped like that so students could learn to fly without being seen. 

Apparently, people with magic or psychic powers are prone to being hunted down by cults, strange organizations, witch hunters, foreign governments, and various other forces.

 

"Thousands of children with ‘unnatural’ powers from around this nation are enrolled in my school every year. So there are many empty dorm rooms, and you will be living in one. "

Seuyz frowned when she said "unnatural". I wonder why? 

 

 

We went to a human store. The store was filled with humans and strange items on shelves. We both wanted to push the cart, so we played rock, paper, scissors for it. I won and got to push the cart.

At first, I had difficulty steering it; the cart kept lurching left. Seuyz said that if I could not keep the cart straight she would take it. So, I kept a constant slight rightward pressure to adjust it.

I looked curiously at the many different aisles, and hundreds of humans we passed by. Seuyz led me to a large food aisle, our first stop. 

 

There were things covered in and by boxes and plastic filling the shelves. There was a big box of strange yellow spiky things with leaves that looked like hair. 

 

"Seuyz, what is that? How do humans eat it?"

"That is a pineapple, it is a fruit, and it can be eaten by cutting off its shell."

"Can I have one?"

“Sure, we will eat it together when we are done shopping."

"Yes, yes, let us do that!"

We kept shopping. Seuyz said that I needed clothes, school supplies, bathing supplies, tissues, and bedding.

While walking, I told her about how I learned magic. She laughed when I told her about the purple worm thing!

 

 

We went to a restaurant, and Seuyz brought the pineapple with her. She went to the front desk and showed the human there a shiny card.

 

"Can we have a private room? My friend and I will be eating here, also, can you prepare this pineapple for us?"

"Yes, right this way, madams."

"Seuyz, where is this?"

"This is a restaurant ran by one of my friends."

"Oooh a restaurant! Can I eat those hamburger things?"

"Yes you can, and I will have a steak."

"Can I have one too!!!"

 

 

The food there was many times better than anything else I had eaten before.

 Before leaving Seuyz and I ate that ‘pineapple’. A chef came to our room and cut it up into triangles in four seconds. Then they covered the triangles in ‘whipped cream’.

The ‘pineapple’ was better than moonlight. I ate 50 triangles before Seuyz took the rest, saying I was taking too much…

 

 

The sun was setting when Seuyz and I returned to the school’s campus. She drove me to a tall and wide upside down pyramid. Apparently, it was a dorm building. She helped me move things to an empty dorm room.

 

"Take this card Bloody. It will be your I.D. for things on this campus." 

She took a card from her pocket. 

"And, here are the keys to your room. I will meet with you tomorrow to help you enroll in classes, and to help you buy any text books you may need. School will start in a week."

 

I took them both and hugged them close to me. I wanted to enhance them with a sturdy rune.

 

"Seuyz, can I use magic on these to make them sturdier?"

"Yes, you can use non-destructive magic on the campus."

I hugged the card and key closer.

 

"Have a good night Bloody!"

"Uhm... you to Seuyz!"

She left. I went to my bed and looked at the card she gave me.

 

 

Name: Bloody Thoka 

Age: 14

Date of Birth: 8/18/3879

Gifts: Mana, Runes, Magic Sight, & Shapeshifting

Class: 7th grade

Emergency Contact: (574306)-177-787-5555-657-122

Blood Type: N.A.

 

 

I immediately began to make the sturdy rune. I then began to make my bed. I have a friend! I can’t believe it, I actually have a friend… 

I hugged the card close to me again. I was super happy.

Not only that, but I have the skills to talk with humans. I might make even more friends.

2