Chapter 10: Awakening
1.6k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello everyone! Sorry the chapter is a bit late, while rereading prior to publishing I felt unsatisfied with it and rewrote large parts. As a result this is the longest chapter to date, please enjoy!

“Ah there you are, Suwan. It’s good that I managed to catch you before I left.” Fu greets the tittering triad as they leave their room. Suwan has Weiwei slung over one shoulder, giggling that she’s gonna fall as she pretends to struggle. Her other arm is wrapped around Ai’s waist, the woman contentedly leaning into her shoulder.

“Yeah, quite the coincidence, what with you standing outside our door for over an hour.”

“Wha-”

“I can see through walls now, Jin boy.”

His brow raises as he looks at Suwan in wonder. He groans and hides his face in his hands seeing her smile.

“Har har har, very funny Suwan.”

“Did you seriously forget spiritual sense existed for a moment there, Fu?”

“Please, with all the stuff you’ve pulled off it'd be more surprising if you can’t see through walls yet. Ah, good morning Fairy Yating.”

“Good morning, Master Jin.”

“Had fun last night, Suwan?”

She grins in reply. Suwan shares a quick glance with the courtesan and licks her lips. Tai bows quickly with reddening ears before leaving at a pace slightly too fast to be called relaxed. With a baffled look on his face Fu watches her leave.

“Was… was she blushing?”

“Hehe, Tai Tai had lots of fun last night.” Weiwei replies from over Suwan’s shoulders.

“Just Lady Tai?”

“Don’t tease me, Ai!”

Ai giggles at her pouting face. Tucking at Suwan’s sleeve she leans in close to her ear.

“Lady Suwan, we must be going as well. Please call for us again.”

With an exaggerated sigh she puts the girl down and releases her grip on the other. Waving them goodbye she heads to the bar alongside Fu. 

“So, what brings you here, Fu. Rare for you to leave your capital.”

“Ay ay, merchants getting all riled up. Someone’s bothering their caravans. Bounty isn’t getting picked up so I had to alleviate concerns. So troublesome, having to come all the way here to talk to some old fogies.”

“Well, you can get rid of the bounty, ain’t gonna be a problem anymore.”

“Ah, I can already hear the tales, the glorious Master Jin arrives on the scene and solves the issue within the day! Hah, I owe you another one, Su, let’s drink till we can’t stand anymore!”

“The name’s Suwan now, Fu. Besides, as much as I’d love to empty your pockets I can’t stay much longer, I promised my disciple I'd meet up with em at noon.”

“You took a disciple? You? To think anyone would meet your standards, my I’ve just gotta meet them.”

“Sure, why not. Totally unrelated, you might wanna get rid of that bounty real quick.”

 

-----

 

The sun sits high up in the sky when Suwan nears the city gates. She spots Gao Mu standing near a fountain with a basket by her side and an exasperated expression on her face, a small child by her side.

‘Oh ancestors, the annoyance multiplied.’

Mu waves energetically as she approaches, rushing to her side with the girl carrying the basket hot on her heel.

“Master! Please help, she keeps following me saying she’ll do anything to serve me.”

“Wow. That must be really annoying.” Suwan deadpans.

“It is! I don’t know what to do!”

Placing a hand on her chin she tilts her head deep in thought. Bringing a mortal child along would severely slow them down. By all means there is no advantage to bringing the girl along. But it would annoy Gao Mu. She straightens and looks her straight in the eye.

“Fate. It is a thing few understand, for it works in mysterious ways. It is a thing beginners learn to trust, experts disregard in exchange for expertise and true masters once more learn to follow. While we may not comprehend it, our intuition allows us to use it, to tell apart the random happenstances from the fortuitous encounters. Some meetings are fated to happen. Perhaps ours was too. Do not scorn such things, welcome them. Gao Mu. Introduce your new companion.”

Her fists clench in excitement as she hears her master’s words. How could she not have realized? Her intuition had led her the entire way, how could she have distrusted it?

“Yes, Master! This is An!”

“...”

“What is it, Master?”

“We’re… we’re gonna have to work on your introductions.”

“Hahahaha, you sure have an interesting disciple, Suwan.”

“Master, who is this man?” Gao Mu eyes him distrustfully. She can’t help but feel he is dangerous. In a way. 

Pointing his thumb at himself and puffing his chest he smiles at her.

“A pleasure to meet you, disciple of Suwan. This young master is Jin Fu, heir to the Jin clan and childhood friend of Suwan.”

“Anyway, now that we’ve got introductions settled let’s set off. Catch ya later Fu.”

Mu anxiously fiddles with her fingers.

“Ma.. master, about that…”

“Hmm?”

She bows deeply, An following suit right behind her.

“Please wait a few days. I know it is horribly presumptuous of me to ask and I have no right to. I would not have dared but you have opened my eyes, Master. There are people that helped this lowly one greatly in gathering the herbs you requested and I have not had the chance to repay them. They need my help, I cannot just abandon them. Please, Master!”

“Please!”

Suwan stops midstep, turning around in surprise. She crosses her arms with a frown before snapping her fingers and making the basket vanish. 

An blinks in surprise, her arms suddenly feeling far lighter.

“Right, I did ask you to do that.”

“Huh?”

“Don’t worry about it. Anyway, do you believe this is important enough to delay us, Mu?”

“A thousand apologies, Master.”

“Now now, Suwan. Don’t be so harsh on her.”

“That’s not what I me-”

“Perhaps this too is fate at work, no? You just gave her that lecture about fortuitous encounters, did you not?”

Suwan cringes.

“It just so happens we meet again here by chance as well. I’d assumed you’d be too busy so I hadn’t asked but there’s a clan meeting soon. I was hoping you’d attend it with me, it’d greatly raise my prestige after all.”

“It’d lower mine though.”

“That is a sacrifice this Jin Fu is willing to make.” He nods proudly. “I’ll even pay for your stay. You did enjoy the pavillion, no? I’ll come pick you up in two weeks”

Sigh. Alright, fine, I'll stick around for a while. Still got some places nearby to check out anyway. Explain on the way Mu, might as well meet your benefactors.”

“Yes, Master!”

Mu and An quickly follow behind Suwan who’s already heading in the right direction. Mu takes a brief look back at Fu. He winks at her and raises his thumb. She gives him a low bow in reply.

“My apologies and thanks, Young Master Jin. I had completely misjudged you.”

“Wha- But I haven’t even done anything yet!”

 

-----

 

“Welcome back, boss!”

“Huh?”

“You have bested our previous leader, Venerable Gao. These peons do not realise you have a greater destiny and believe you intend to take over.”

An explains to a bewildered Mu. Looking to her master for assistance she sees Suwan looking worriedly at Zhi. The blonde steps closer and leans over the teen sitting on the short steps leading inside the building. Zhi gulps upon seeing the intense stare.

“Wha- What ken this lowly Zhi do for you, Honorable Venerable?”

“You, were you the one in charge here?”

“Ah still am, Lady Cultivator.”

“Look inside yourself.”

“...what?”

“Just do it.”

“I, uh, Ah don’t get y’r meanin’ , no offense Lady Cultivator.”

“Just close your eyes and take a deep breath. Focus on your breath and try to see it without using your eyes.”

“Ah dun think a ken- wait what da fook. What the shite is this?”

Concerned children flock around the pair.

“Elder sister, what’s wrong?” “Please don’t die!” “Lady Cultivator, please save sister Zhi!”

“Oy, you brats! Dun bother Ven’rable Elder. Please forgive ‘em, take ma life if you must but please spare the kids.”

Suwan rubs her temples with both thumbs. She glares at her disciple as she replies to Zhi.

“Gao Mu, what in the twelve hells did you do?”

“I-”

“On second thought, let’s not hold this conversation in the open. Miss Zhi, do you have a place we can converse in private?”

Zhi cringes while taking a glance at the door.

“I kennet liv up ta Venerable’s standards, i ken only offer ma room upstairs. A thousand ‘pologies fer this disgrace.”

“Never mind that, just lead the way. Mu, with me. An, stay at the stairs, make sure no one listens in.”

“Your will is my command, Grand Mentor!”

Following the increasingly nervous Zhi into the building she considers her words carefully. The stairs do not make the slightest sound as she heads up, in stark contrast to the teen that loudly moves around a broken plank with exaggerated care. Zhi frantically opens the door for her guests, desperately hoping they would not be offended at being hosted in a filthy hovel. Her pulse raises further when Suwan plops down cross legged on the dirty floor without a care and bids them to sit in front of her

“You’ve got a lot of explaining to do, Gao Mu. Miss Zhi, fill in on anything she misses.”

The two blush fiercely.

 

-----

 

“...And then An and I went to meet up with you, Master.”

Suwan rubs the bridge of her nose. 

“Seriously, what the hells Mu. Why would you try to push your Qi into her, do you not remember what happened last time you expelled your Qi? A tree exploded, Mu. Just blew apart. Twenty feet away from you.”

Their faces pale. Zhi clutches her hand to her chest to stop shaking. Tears begin to well up in Mu’s eyes as she realises the magnitude of her mistake. She regrets her act from the bottom of her heart. Praying to whoever would listen she begs for Zhi to be saved.

“You’re both damn lucky nothing went wrong. Now then, let me explain. You saw inside yourself, right Zhi? That’s not possible, your eyes obviously can’t turn that way nor can you see through skin and bones. What you used was not your sight. It was your spiritual sense. Awakening it is the first step on the road to immortality. Congratulations, miss Zhi, you are a cultivator now.”

“Wha- Me?”

“Yes, you may have noticed your strength has increased beyond the norm and that your senses are just the slightest bit sharper. Mu’s clumsy attempts at external qi use has awoken your own qi and allowed you to use your spiritual sense. Spiritual sense is what separates a cultivator from a mortal. With our spiritual sense we are capable of perceiving qi and so, learning to use it.”

A golden flame manifests over the palm of her hand.

“In time, you will become capable of using qi to achieve the impossible. For now, however, you must first learn to properly use your spiritual sense. Only by mapping your entire body with your spiritual sense and filling it with Qi will you be able to step past the Qi Gathering Realm you now find yourself in. Normally, awakening occurs over the course of a long period of time and one naturally learns to control their qi. Your awakening however was sudden and rushed, should you not learn to restrain your qi soon it shall rampage through your body and destroy you from the inside out.”

Zhi takes her words in with a clenched jaw, determined to make the most of it. She suppresses a bitter smile, get stronger or die, wasn’t that just her entire life in a nutshell?

“The sins of the disciple are the sins of the master. I shall take responsibility for this blunder and assist you in this. Furthermore I shall guide you onto the first steps of the path of cultivation. What you do afterwards is your own decision. Mu, you were gonna repay the others here, right? Get to it, this will take a while. And don’t think this is over, you will be punished for this.”

“Right away, Master!”

“Now then, Zhi. Sit down in the lotus position and take a deep breath. Follow my instructions and you’re gonna be just fine.”

 

-----

 

Dusk falls before Suwan manages to leave Zhi’s hovel. Instructing Mu to stay there and help out with whatever they needed she tiredly makes her way back to the Fragrant Pond Pavillion. 

“Welcome back, Lady Suwan. Your accommodations have been prepared. Would you like us to run a bath for you?”

“I could use one, make it hot.”

“By your will, Lady Suwan.”

She sags into the pillows, dozing off until her door opens and a white haired beauty greets her.

“Your bath has been prepared, Venerable Suwan. Please follow me.”

“How could I refuse with such fine company.”

Suwan unrepentantly leers at Yating, smirking all the harder when she sees her blush. Heading through the bedroom’s side door they arrive at a large bath built into the floor. Sandalwood panels surround it, taking a deep breath she recognises the scents of peach and apricot subtly mixing into the haze of steam. Craning an eyebrow she notes the placement of the incense sticks forming a rudimentary formation heightening the relaxation of those within it. 

“How was your day, Lady Suwan?”

Tai asks as her nimble fingers start to untie Suwan’s sash. Her hands follow it to the front, pressing her bosom into the blonde’s back while her arms circle around until the sash drops. 

“Hah, what a mess it’s been. Disciple I picked up recently has been causing me headaches nonstop. She somehow managed to use external qi while still in the Qi Gathering realm, can you believe it?”

Sliding her hands beneath the cloth Yating loosens one side of the yukata and then the other, she trails her way up across Suwan's sides, tracing her hourglass figure until she reaches her shoulders. Grabbing the garment’s collar she slides it down her shoulders and over her arms. 

“My, what an exceptional disciple. It appears greatness attracts greatness, Lady Suwan.”

She giggles. Undoing the knot at the end she starts to free her chest from its bindings, her hands running across them just a little bit more than what would be proper as she unwraps her like a present.

“Left her alone for a day and she somehow pulled that off and had the time to take over a gang for ancestors know what reason.”

A pleasant warmth fills Suwan's chest at Tai’s tinkling giggles. Feeling the courtesan pull her undergarments down she slightly raises one foot to assist. She cannot help but watch the white haired beauty’s rear while she hangs her clothes on a rack. It jiggles with her every move. 

“Please take a seat, I shall be with you shortly.”

Sauntering over to a small wooden chair with a slit in the middle Suwan casually plops down. The clack of wood on wood signals Tai’s arrival. She dips a washcloth in the soapy bucket she just put down and lovingly lifts up one of Suwan’s arms. She inspects her intently as she runs the cloth between each finger, taking extra care around her manicured nails.

“Unbelievable really, she managed to forcefully awaken a mortal’s qi without consequences while at the Qi Gathering realm.”

Suwan shakes her head with a derisive chuckle. Yating freezes wide eyed for the briefest moment before her professionality kicks in and she reverts to her routine. With a firm tug she pulls off her sash and lets her robe drop, perfume billowing out. Watching Suwan’s chest heave breathing in the floral scent she lathers up her own and tucks the blonde’s arm between her breasts. Rubbing them up and down she spreads the soap all over it.

“But I digress, gah, I really need another outing, ain’t made to stay in the same place for long, you know?”

Yating nods along as she moves to her back, two soft sponges lathering it up before she pours hot water to rinse everything off. Going lower she rubs the soapy washcloth all over her rear. She puts it down and continues using her bare hand instead, one hand’s fingers running through the inside of the blonde's cheeks whilst the other pours steamy water across them. Suwan lets out a low moan as Yating reaches the front, caressing it, opening and rubbing it slightly before pulling back to leave her wanting more.

“I shall miss you, Lady Suwan.”

Tai longingly replies. Stepping around to face her she sits down on both knees, hugs Suwan's leg and places the blonde's foot between her thighs. She rubs herself up and down. Suwan cannot help but lick her lips feeling her toes rub past her partner’s slit. She is visibly disappointed when Tai withdraws, the calm teasing look in her eyes not matched by the wetness on the courtesan’s lower lips as she moves to her other leg. The thin veneer of washing is stripped away when she grinds ever faster. Suwan curls her toes and jerks her knee eliciting sharp moans. Barely able to think, Tai nonetheless manages to pull back, landing on her voluptuous rear.

“T- thank you for your patience, Lady Suwan, you may enter the bath now.” “Oh, I may?” “M- my apologies for being so presumptuous, please do as you like, Venerable Suwan.” “I jest, I jest. No need to take it so seriously. Also, no need for the titles, just call me Suwan.” “As you wish, Suwan. If it pleases you, call me Yating as well.” “I will, Yating. Now then, you said something about doing as I please?” “Kya!”

Picking Yating up Suwan makes her way to the bath and gently lowers her into it while stepping in. They both exhale contentedly. Pulling Yating into her lap she wraps her arms around her and nuzzles into the back of her neck.

“Ancestors, this is just what I needed. I’m curious though, what’s a cultivator doing in a place like this?”

Yating tenses in her embrace, her head turning back stiffly like a mannequin. 

“Ah, you noticed.” “It’s obvious when you know what you’re looking for.”

She trembles and gulps, flinching at Suwan’s touch. Suwan starts kneading her shoulders, massaging all the knots out. Yating groans and melts into her embrace.

“My family… We… We possess a unique body constitution. We possess a great affinity towards scent arts and even manifest them naturally once we begin to cultivate. It is not all positive however, it… It affects us too. The further along our path we get, the stronger it influences us. I could not bear it, seeing my mother and my siblings become more unbalanced by the day, so I ran. I fled the clan and kept going until I could go no more. I swore to stop cultivating that day, yet even now this constitution still holds me hostage.” 

She turns around to face Suwan, a melancholic look on her face. Seeing the attentive look on her partner's visage a hint of a rueful smile begins to take shape on her own even as tears form at the corners of her eyes.

“Mine takes the form of an aphrodisiac. It is what led me to work here, perhaps the only work I can fulfill with dignity. It affects my decisions too much for any other, yet it affects my partners far more. I am deeply sorry, Suwan.”

The blonde places a finger over her mouth. She stands up causing Tai to look downcast, her shoulders trembling as she suppresses a sob.

“Watch, Tai Yating.”

She spreads her arms wide, palms up. Yellow flames manifest across her body before spreading through the steam like wildfire. Tai yelps before realising she is unharmed. The two look each other in the eye with full clarity, nothing hidden behind obscuring steam, scent or smoke. 

“I am with you because I choose to be. I am affected by your arts because I choose to let them affect me. I make my own choices, Tai Yating. Do not dare presume for even a second you choose for me.”

She kneels in front of her, taking her chin in hand. The change in posture does not diminish her imperious gaze in the slightest. It bores through Tai Yating with the strength of a dragon. She cannot help but gulp at the sight.

“I want to be with you, Yating. The question is, do you want to be with me?”

“Like i’ve never wanted anything else.”

They share a long and passionate kiss, tongues entwining through relieved moans and panting breaths. Steam fills the room once more by the time their mouths part.

Suwan lovingly leaves hickeys on Tai’s neck before she nibbles her ear. Turning her around she sets the courtesan's voluptuous rear down on her lap and spreads Yating's legs, holding them open with her own. She holds her up with one arm pressed to the bottom of her chest letting the woman’s head rest upon her own bosom.

“Don’t hold back, Yating, let out everything you have.”

A perfumed mist floods out of her every pore coloring the room pink. Their chests heave and faces flush when they breathe it in. Yating cannot help but look down upon feeling a hand run across her thigh, obscured by the thick steam. Her senses heightened by the lack of vision she squirms against the feel of soft fingers approaching her lower lips. Her breath catches when they run across her labia and she screams out when they lightly pinch her clit. Her hands clench Suwan’s arm tightly. Her hips lift to meet her touch and Suwan obliges inserting her fingers deep into Tai’s quivering pussy. 

Yating cums hard, her back arching and nails clawing at Suwan’s arm. Her head turns upwards with hazy eyes, tongue lolling out. Suwan leans in to meet it with her own, twirling it around before softly biting one lip and pulling it up, licking her lips as she watches it snap back. Her fingers piston in and out causing Tai to let out animalistic cries as she thrashes around, held above water only by Suwan’s firm grip. Yating gulps down air with heavy breaths. She bites the inside of her mouth to regain focus and stops her.

“Not twice, I will not let you go unfulfilled twice. Please, let me please you too, Suwan, please.”

She hears Suwan let out a lecherous chuckle while sitting down on the edge of the bath and opening her legs. Unable to resist she dives in, gluttonously eating her pussy. Her tongue moves with no rhyme or reason, guided only by pure instinct. She wraps her arms around the blonde's thighs pulling them closer until her nose is pressed into her clit and her cheeks are squished between soft flesh. Slick noises resound interspersed by moans and pants as she licks and teases with zealous fervour. Suwan’s toes curl and her legs spasm, a powerful orgasm rocking her entire body. Exhausted the two finally collapse next to each other, gasping and heaving for breath. Covered in sweat and lust -so mixed it is impossible to distinguish who it is from- they share a loving kiss, dozing off arm in arm.

 

We've finally reached 10 chapters! Now that we've gotten this far i'd like to ask everyone whether we should continue as it is now with smut or change things up, please leave your thoughts down below.

How much smut would you like to see?
  • Smut every chapter like now.
  • Focus on plot over smut.
  • Several chapters without smut, then one that is entirely smut.
  • Other. (Please leave your suggestion in the comments below should you choose this option.)
Total voters: 14 · This poll was closed on Nov 11, 2021 11:22 PM.
45