Chapter 13: The Misty City – Part 1
1.3k 0 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Hello hello! Chapter ended up getting a lot longer than I planned. Even split in two this part is nearly double the expected size. I hope you enjoy it!

“This got boring surprisingly fast huh.”

“Yes, Qiu. You’ve said that before. Several times. Just go check everything’s packed properly.”

With a mock salute the redhead leaves the room. After a week of travel through the air they are finally about to arrive at the Hu Clan’s capital. Known as the Misty City it is permanently covered in a haze. A large contingent awaits, ready to greet them when the airship lands. At the front stands a tall man with long blue hair. Right behind him are three of his children each with a group behind them, mirroring the formation their own delegation will take once disembarked. Ling suppresses a scoff, more theatrics. 

First to walk down the immortal boat’s ramp is Grand Elder Lai. The woman wears a modest robe in the traditional white of the White Rose Sect. Her usual silver coronet is complemented by a pair of earrings inlaid with two gems. The one on the left holds a tanzanite whilst the one on the right bears an emerald. She greets the Hu Patriarch with a smile. 

As she does so her entourage moves down the ramp as well. First comes Li Ling, daughter of the Sect Master and representative of the Li. Dark blue fan clutched in both hands she is the very picture of elegance as she walks with small measured steps. Behind her arrives Cai Yin. Grandson of Grand Elder Cai and most favored among his descendants, his words are the Cai’s words. He walks with his head raised and his hands clasped behind his back, the very picture of a noble young lord. Third in line stands Du Juntao, heir to the Du. At thirty-six years of age he is not only the oldest but also the strongest of the three. Calm and observant, his eyes pass over the scene in quiet contemplation.

The three pause two paces behind Lai Min. They refrain from greeting the Hu verbally instead giving a low bow and taking another step back. Their actions send a clear message, Grand Elder Lai speaks for the White Rose, all three great clans seceding their right to speak in favor of her judgement. The future of the sect is here to bear witness and create strong ties, bonds to last generations to come. Patriarch Hu and Elder Lai clasp their hands and nod, each giving a slight bow of the exact same degree. Patriarch Hu’s children bow far lower, acknowledging their place beneath the three young masters even as their father speaks to the Grand Elder as her equal.

It all seems dull to Ling, pointless theatrics and meaningless traditions, their origins lost to time. Nonetheless she makes sure to take in every detail of their actions, studying them each in turn as they are introduced. 

“Patriarch Hu Shirong greets Grand Elder Lai Min.”

Not only wider than most cultivators the Patriarch stands a full two meters tall as well. His hair seems to flow down his back like water, half of it falling over his shoulders to his chest like two streams diverted by a veritable mountain. He stands resplendent in his billowy white robes, folds obscuring one another casting a hazy look upon his apparel. 

Ling’s breath catches in her throat. The man gives off the image of a mighty waterfall cascading down the mountainside, casting a misty cloud where it lands. Nascent Soul! 

For such a powerful image to be imparted with but a look there could be no other explanation, this mere border clan had an expert of the Nascent Soul realm within their ranks. Even their own White Rose Sect, one of the major sects within the realm, has only four cultivators of that fabled realm. To be in the Nascent Soul Realm is to be but one step away from Immortality. Ling finally understands why a Grand Elder has come here in person. She had believed it a show of faith, that none who left the Steadfast Rock’s ranks to join them would be seen as lower for it, but now she was reconsidering her theory.

The Hu’s capital has long been one of their rival sect’s greatest bastions, yet for most this was believed to be due to their exceptional skill at defensive formations and easily defensible location. The patriarch gestures to the young man standing behind him.

“This is my eldest son, Hu Murong. He has already reached the fifth stage of Foundation Establishment despite being only twenty eight years old.”

Wearing a robe resembling his father’s, Murong stands nearly as tall albeit far leaner. His face is more slender as well, lacking his father’s strong jaw. His eyes are what draws one’s attention, dark blue nearing black giving the impression of a bottomless well. Ling channels a mote of Qi through her veins, dispelling the slight fugue that has come over her mind. While not common, arts relying on eye contact are well known and she has studied many ways to counter them. Nonetheless she cannot help but wonder how much more powerful his gaze would be were he to actively empower it.

“Hu Bao, step forward. This is my eldest daughter. A talented concocter and musician, her skill with the zither is truly a sight to behold.”

Tall and lanky, Hu Bao looks highly uncomfortable in her formal robe. She nervously gives another bow. The chimes attached to her thin blue dreads tinkle pleasantly as she does. She pushes her glasses back up as she rises, the formation encrusted frame just the slightest bit too bulky for her face. 

“Finally my youngest daughter, Hu Qing.”

Standing up straight she nods with a cheeky smile. In stark contrast to her family’s pale white skin Qing’s is a healthy caramel color. Her every move appears to leave the slightest afterimage like smoke billowing off an incense stick. Ling’s gaze seems to slide off her time and time again as she tries to study her in detail.

Channeling her qi she freezes the sides of her eyes to lock her vision in place. Long white thigh high stockings extend from her high heeled sandals, ending just below her skirt. Worn in two layers the skirt’s lower layer is a glossy black with designs of golden lotuses. It hangs straight down leaving but several inches of her caramel skin uncovered. The upper skirt is comprised of the same billowy white fabric as her family's robes albeit with grey formations displayed across every inch.  Her upper body is covered by a scaly black leather corset ending just above her bust. A single sleeved blouse made from a thin white silk hangs straight down from her chest to end just above her midriff, a slit at the right side of its front tied shut by a black ribbon. Her sole sleeve ends underneath a bracer made of the same leather as her corset. On her other side her arm is bare, a single thin strap over her shoulder holding the right side of the shirt up. 

Her face shows the same hint of softness as her sister, pink slitted eyes with slightly curly black lines tattooed below them giving the impression of a snake add a more mischievous look to her visage however. Her purple lips smile wider noticing Ling’s gaze, drawing her attention to the pinkish purple blush on her cheeks and the small button nose at their center. Wavy shoulder length hair sits atop her head, apple blue sea green at the roots transitioning to a lighter turquoise in the middle before fading back to their original color near the ends. Shimmering under the light one can never quite tell where one color ends and the other begins.

At the woman’s sides hang two unsheathed blades. Carrying weapons so openly during a diplomatic mission would be frowned upon by any other yet it is forgiven for the same reason her style and demeanor are. Spiritual ancestry. If the slitted eyes are not enough evidence the large differences between her appearance and that of her siblings certainly contribute. 

While propriety is valued greatly cultivators and mortals alike have long learned not to question the eccentricities of half-spirits. Often they are stronger than others of the same tier, capable of not only facing those several stages above them but some even those an entire realm higher. Yet that is far from the sole reason such allowances would be made, for it is the Ancestral Beasts they descend from that truly cause even the mighty to cower. Not only are they on the same level as an immortal but each and every one operates own their own unique logic, separate entirely from that of humanity. Some are fiercely protective of those descendants that manifest their traits and yet others spend entire lifetimes masquerading as one of their own kin. To question a half-spirit’s way of life is to court death, many sects having befallen such a fate before.

After more fanfare and ceremony the remainder of the entourage joins the group and they are all led to a banquet held in their honor. Divided into several round tables the participants are separated by rank and age. Upraised upon a small stage stands the ornate table by which the Patriarch and the Grand Elder sit alongside several elders of each side. Nearest to the stage sit the three scions of the great clans joined by Lai Xueya and the three children of Hu Shirong. Further yet dozens of other disciples mingle while servants stand near the walls at their beck and call.

Ling and the others engage in idle chatter, the atmosphere slowly losing its lightness as the tension between her and the Cai grows palpable. Shun can tell things are about to spiral out of control fast, her outside perspective letting her see with perfect clarity the way Cai Yin and Lai Xueya are baiting and corralling her into making a mistake.

She pokes Qiu’s side.

“Miss Shen, go refill their drinks, make haste.”

Qiu demurely approaches them, head held down as she pours each cup in turn. Her act causes quite a few raised eyebrows and at least one clenched jaw. Ling dismisses her with a nod, grateful for the moment to collect her wits and regain control of the conversation. 

“Wait, wasn't that the Shen girl?”

The table falls silent at Hu Bao’s remark. Hu Qing massages her temple, turning to her flabbergasted sister the caramel beauty answers her with a glare.

“Subtlety, Bao.”

“But wasn’t-”

“Yes, elder sister, yes.”

She grits her teeth, practically hissing each word. The awkward silence continues for a minute before Du Juntao breaks it.

“Miss Bao, I heard you are a fellow alchemist. Ah, may I call you Miss Bao? Calling you Miss Hu would be quite confusing given you both share the same surname.”

She nods eagerly, a spark in her eye. She pushes her glasses up and leans forward over the table. Qing hurriedly pulls her plate aside with practiced ease, muttering about propriety, dirty robes and not learning.

“Indeed! Specifically a concocter. I am aware most do not make a division between the disciplines however I fully devote my efforts to the creation of pills. Why just recently I’ve discovered quite the interesting property of the Misty Blossom.”

“Apologies, Miss Bao. My knowledge appears to be lacking, I am unfamiliar with this Misty Blossom.”

Qing frantically tugs at her sister’s sleeve.

“Oh that is perfectly understandable, the Misty Blossom is the hidden speciality of our clan, it only grows within our domain. It assists greatly in binding together conflicting ingredients. I’ve just last month discovered it could even be greatly beneficial to resolving Qi deviations and calming one’s flow!”

Qing buries her face in her palms. Even Yin and Xueya share an awkward glance at her outburst. Bao’s older brother tiredly pulls her back into her seat. Hesitantly Juntao speaks up.

“Are… are you sure you should be telling us this, Miss Bao?”

“Huh, why not? You’re our allies now, right?”

“Negotiations have not yet finished, sister.”

Murong’s exasperated expression mirrors that of his youngest sister. The troublemaker in question sits innocently between them. Ling does not miss the opportunity to create ties, loathe as she is to participate in such manipulations she knows she can not yet ignore them.

“Please rest assured, Miss Bao, we shall keep it a secret.”

“Many thanks, Miss Li. Please forgive my indiscretion.”

“It is of no concern.”

Hu Qing’s piercing eyes stare intently at Ling. She smiles kindly and bows her head.

“Miss Li, I must insist on compensating you for your kindness. Would you a guided tour of the city tomorrow suffice?”

“I would welcome it, Miss Hu.”

“Thank you for your understanding. Bao, Murong, how about the two of you show Sir Cai, Sir Du and Miss Lai around?”

The two nod, Murong welcoming the chance and Bao simply glad to change the topic. The banquet runs for several more hours, veiled barbs and dishonest compliments traded all the while. Ling is thoroughly exhausted by the time she manages to retire to her accommodations. Each of them was provided a large room with adjacent servant chambers and the finest privacy wards the clan could provide, or so Bao had insisted.

“Qiu, please run me a bath.”

“Sure, sure, Ling. I’ll get it done.”

Once behind closed doors the masks fall off and both drop all formality. Massaging her mistress’ shoulders Shun diligently gives her report.

“... and given Hu Qing’s reaction I believe it likely Qiu passed through here on her way to our sect. It is possible, if not likely that the two bonded during this time.”

Ling smiles wickedly, rubbing her chin as she ponders her plots.

“My, that could be quite useful.”

“Frigid bitch.”

“What was that, Shun?”

“Just your imagination, my lady.”

“Bath’s ready, you need anything else from me?”

Ling suggestively wiggles her eyebrows. Qiu burrows her face in her palms to hide her blush eliciting a snort from the ice princess. The redhead desperately attempts to ignore the way it makes her insides tingle. 

“My lady, please refrain from such crass behaviour.”

“Why I'd never, how dare you present such baseless accusations, Dai Shun?”

“Woe is me, I have offended the almighty Li Ling. My clan shall be eradicated to the ninth generation.

They both chuckle while Qiu awkwardly pretends not to be paying attention.

“Go take your bath, LiLi. We will be with you shortly.”

Ling squeezes her hand and gives her a smile. With a wave she heads into the bathroom. All levity dropping off her face Shun turns to Qiu. 

“Miss Shen. I am in need of your assistance.”

“Huh? Sure I guess?”

“I believe the Misty Blossom that was mentioned during the banquet could be a great boon to my lady. There are certain things about her cultivation I am not at liberty to share. However suffice to say it unbalances her emotionally, it is my belief the flower may assist in alleviating the issue.”

“Wait so she isn’t normally that.. uhm, well… sadistic?”

“Oh no, Miss Qiu. My lady has always been a massive cunt-”

Qiu chokes. Her mouth drops and she stares wide-eyed at Shun.

“-however she is normally capable of controlling herself. The deviations bring out her worst inclinations and amplify them. Her recent, let’s say extreme behaviour has been due to her rapidly increasing the pace of her cultivation to combat outside pressure. I am sure you can understand, at least in part.”

Averting her eyes Qiu nervously scratches her cheeks.

“So, uhm, what exactly do you need my help with?”

“I need your help convincing Ling to gather the flower. I am aware it would be dangerous right now. Especially given our current position. However I believe it will be a necessity. I need your aid, Lady Shen. I cannot do this without you.”

Kowtowing in front of her she presses her head down against the floor. Qiu shakily waves her arms.

“I’ll help, I'll help. Please get up, you don’t need to do that!”

Crouching down she frantically pulls Shun up, worriedly glancing at the bathroom door all the while. She gulps seeing her grateful smile, the tips of her ears reddening once more.

“Thank you, Shen Qiu. I will not forget this favor. I swear on my name I shall repay it. For now let us not keep our mistress waiting.”

Patting Qiu’s shoulder the two stand up and head to the bathroom. They find Ling in a steaming bath several meters wide, flower petals gently floating atop the water’s surface. She turns to them with a satisfied expression beckoning them to join her. Qiu feels her heart beat in her throat watching the young lady. Floating on her back her petite nipples just barely peek above water. The redhead barely realizes she has already undone her robes and walked into the water when she runs her hand over Ling’s slender yer surprisingly toned abs. Ling meets her flustered look with a predatory gaze, licking her lips and grabbing her arm. She pulls her in close, their faces nearly touching. Blowing a hot breath into her ear she feels Qiu shiver pleasurably. 

“You behaved truly exemplary today, my dear. I can hardly let such a thing go unrewarded now can I?”

Pulling her into a hug Ling nibbles her ear with just the slightest hint of teeth. She freezes like a deer in the headlights and lets out a surprised moan. Shaken out of her stupor she gulps and brings her own hands to Ling’s bosom. She blushes fiercely and pulls them back questioning her own sanity.

“Don’t hold back, my dear Qiu. Do whatever you wish.”

She gulps. Looking down she feels her fingers twitch, reaching for Ling’s erect nipples of their own accord. A moan in her ear spurs her on further. In a daze she runs her palms over the tiny mounds, kneading and rubbing at them. She paws at them like a woman possessed. Her fingers encircle Ling's nipples, grinding them between their tips, twisting them one way and then the other as she indulges herself. She drops to her knees, cupping one breast and stuffing the other into her mouth. She sucks on it like she is trying to inhale it. Ling moans in surprise. She takes a step back only for Qiu to follow, slowly driving her against the pool’s side. Looking down at the girl’s flushed face she lustfully pulls her back up. Gazing deep into her eyes she trails a finger over her cheeks, running them over each freckle in turn.

“Oh my cute little Qiu, my lovely freckled beauty.  Are you enjoying this as much as I am?”

Receiving a shallow nod she hooks a finger around her chin and pulls them face to face. Extremely slowly she tilts her face and meets Qiu’s lips for the first time. Her chest feels warm when she feels the girl’s tongue pass through her lips, eager to explore the ice princess’s mouth. She tightly wraps her arms around her. Bringing one knee in between her legs she rubs her thigh across her partner’s bush. She feels Qiu squirm and lift her hips, her sole reply being to grind harder. Slowly she feels her tongue slacken and resistance fade while her breath erupts in panting moans. With a grunt Qiu buckles, sending her liquid spraying across Ling’s thigh even below the water. 

“Qiu, Qiu, Qiu. I did tell you to do whatever you wish, but…"

She cups both cheeks in her hands, slowly moving her fingers up to scratch behind her ears. "Do you believe it appropriate to cum before your mistress?"

Qiu blushes fiercely, her eyes looking everywhere other than at her. The corner of Ling's lips curl up.

"Tell me, have you ever used your tongue on someone down there?"

"N- No! Of course not!"

She sputters. Ling's smile widens into a sadistic grin. Weaving her fingers into the redhead's magnificent curls she fixates her with her gaze.

"Learn fast dear, before you run out of breath."

With her full force she pushes down and wraps her legs around the girl's head. Water splatters through the air at Qiu's flailing. Ling firmly tugs her face against her crotch. Knowing her mistress will not relent Qiu desperately dives into her flower. Her mouth opens to mash her tongue into it. She feels Ling quiver when her upper lip brushes across her bud. Pursing her lips around the tiny mound she sucks and flicks her tongue side to side. Ever faster she goes, clutching Ling's thighs like a lifeline while moving her head up and down. She intensifies her efforts even further as she notices her vision grow spotty. Panicking she mistakenly lets out her breath.

With a cruel gleam in her eyes Ling pulls her above the water panting and heaving for breath. She barely hears her lady's words while she is pushed under again once more.

"Keep going, just like that."

Tilting her head she pries her labia open with her lips and stuffs her tongue inside. Ling wrenches her face side to side, moaning at the sensation of her nose rubbing across her clit. With a pointed look she beckons Shun over. Holding Qiu down with one hand she wraps the other around her maid’s throat and instructs her to open her mouth. Their tongues dance together, hers leading and Shun’s obeying. Their saliva mixes, the sweet taste of her lover permeating her senses. Reveling in the feeling of dominance she pulls Qiu up once more, sharing it by spitting into her mouth. With a cruel laugh she forces her under once more, her other hand moving around to clasp the back of Shun’s neck and pull her to her chest.

Without need for instruction Shun takes a nipple in her mouth and another in her hand, teasing them with practiced expertise. Ling’s abdomen clenches as she reaches her peak. She forces Qiu down harder into her quivering pussy making her drink every drop of her orgasm. Once her convulsions stop she raises her above water. Qiu coughs and gasps for air, her face dripping with fluids. Ling licks her lips seeing the mess she made of the girl. Her red locks stick to her face forcing one eye shut. Her freckled cheeks are flushed red, from the pressure or embarrassment Ling wonders. Her chest jiggles as it heaves for breath. Qiu questions her sanity feeling how hard her heart thumps beneath it. Ling pulls her into her side, the woman melting into a puddle at the feel of their soft bodies cuddling together.

“You learn fast, dear heart, truly a genius.”

“I am at the 6th stage of Foundation Establishment at the age of twenty-two after all.” She snorts. “Ancestors, the amount of times I've heard that empty praise.”

“Hmm, only six months older than me and two stages ahead. Truly frightening. No matter, I'll catch up by the time I am your age.”

“Perhaps not if the state of our resources remains this dire, Mistress.”

Ling languidly leans the back of her head against the pool’s edge.

“I will figure something out, Shun.”

“Perhaps this ‘Misty Blossom’ could prove of use, my lady.”

“I’ve talked to Qing a few times before, she seemed nice. She can probably tell us where to find it.”

“Too risky, we’re not safe right now.”

“It’ll be fine, Honourable Father always said no one gets into the Hu Clan’s domain unless they permit it.”

“The danger shall be far greater should you fall behind, my lady.”

Ling sighs, her heart warms seeing her subordinates get along so well.

“I’ll ask her tomorrow. Thank you, Shun. Thank you, Qiu. We’ll keep getting stronger. Together.”

Shun feels a twinge seeing her liege’s heartfelt smile. Her heart aches at manipulating her so. She averts her eyes, desperately hoping she made the right choice.

 

Lots of introductions this chapter, tried a new way of handling descriptions, let me know what you think! Unlike the last double chapter this one will follow the normal release schedule of one Ling chapter, one Suwan chapter and then back again. For now this isn’t a huge difference, in the future where chapters may have more parts I believe it’ll be important however to maintain this balance. Thank you for reading! 

37