Q&A
716 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone and welcome to the Q&A, please put any questions down in the comments below! To start us off I'll share some interesting tidbits, a bit of background stuff and some notable changes compared to the rough draft.

 

While Ling was meant to gain several lovers over the course of the story, Suwan was never meant to have long term companions at all. As befitting of a wandering cultivator she would travel alone and merely have dalliances along the way. Gao Mu went through several designs before her current iteration from a one-off character with a more serious tone to the bundle of positivity and energy she is now. Much like Suwan’s slip-up keeping her around as a recurring character was never planned and caused large parts of the planned story so far to be reworked. A situation which occurred once more after the chapter following her, Zhi was never even meant to be a named character! Truly no plan survives contact with Gao Mu.

 

Sticking with Suwan’s half Twelve too underwent major changes, having gone through at least four different designs before the ‘cursed doll’ aesthetic came to be, her personality too is completely different from the first draft. In that one Twelve was not going to be introduced in arc one at all and would end up with Ling’s group, not Suwan’s.

 

In fact the only important characters introduced so far that still have their original designs are Song Suwan, Li Ling and Dai Shun. 

 

It’s hard to believe it’s only been two months since the first chapter came out, in fact, while i’d already been considering this story for a while I only started actually writing it three days prior to release! Expect arc two to be far better now that I can plan it out in its entirety prior to writing it! While I’ve already made summaries of the next two arcs I intend to plot its course out completely from the get go, let’s hope nothing gets in my way and derails the story unexpectedly, looking at you there, Gao Mu. In the original draft of Suwan’s story up til now she was never meant to stay in Golden Carp City for more than a single chapter. Please rest assured that now that the set up has been handled there’ll be a whole lot more ‘wandering cultivator’ instead of sticking to one place.

 

Cities and I don’t tend to agree when it comes to plans, the Misty City mini-arc was only supposed to take a single chapter as well and ended up taking four sizeable ones! Now that we’re out of there we can prepare for a far more exciting event.

 

Tournament. Arc.

 

Lastly we come to the realms of cultivation. While these will all come up eventually I figured I might as well put them here. The ones that have come up in the story so far and are widely accepted as accurate are Qi Gathering, Foundation Establishment, Core Formation, Nascent Soul and Immortal. Anything beyond that is the subject of myth and rumours.

Note: Please keep questions spoiler free about later matters. Anything that happened in Arc One is fair game but comments that spoil stuff happening after that will be removed, should anyone have questions about later events my dms are open!

19