Chapter 29: Affinity
632 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Tournament arc starts next week!

 

Ling, Qiu and Shun huddle together and place their arms over each other's shoulders. Their mouths meet in the middle while their breathing synchronizes. Three tongues twirl around each other and send qi throughout their bodies. Shun pants softly, her fingers curling and gripping at their clothes. The other two hold her tightly, their faces pressing together as they direct their full attention towards her. Their movements change when their cycles merge seamlessly. Both tongues tease their way into her mouth, the immediate feedback from feeling her joy as if it were their own allowing them to coordinate flawlessly and attack all her most pleasurable spots at the same time. 

With none of the three willing to push things too far so soon they pull out before long and return to dueling in the middle. Qiu moans, enjoying the taste of their saliva intermingling. She lets out a pleasurable grunt when Ling bites her lip and Shun licks between it and her teeth. Opening her mouth a little more when she feels Shun’s intent she welcomes her touch, goading the brunette's tongue to enter with quick licks across its surface. Melting into their arms she luxuriates in Shun’s caring effort and Ling’s teasing bite. She’s left wanting when both girls withdraw at the same time, the look in Ling’s eye drawing her in like a fly into a spider’s web.

The ice princess tempts the tips of their tongues in and then clamps her teeth down around them locking them in place. Air hisses through the small holes in between when she inhales deeply and draws their qi in with it. She tilts her head side to side as if swaying to a beat, pulling their faces along as she goes while she cycles their power through every inch of her body before breathing out and sending it back at the same time as she lets their tongues go. Their foreheads press together, each focused entirely on consolidating their gains. 

Qiu is the first to finish. Unwilling to break their embrace and interrupt the others' concentration she simply takes the time to observe them from up close. Ling’s brow scrunches, her eyelids twitching now and then as she holds on to every scrap of energy she’s gained, determined to use it as best as she can. Shun’s chest bulges as she fills every inch of her lungs with air before expelling the impure qi from her body, filtering what she’s received and preparing herself to better temper her body to channel their qi. 

“It appears our experiment is a success.” Ling speaks up once all three of them open their eyes. There is a reason the art is called ‘dual cultivation’ after all, usually only two are capable of performing the feat together. To add more greatly increases the difficulty and strain while the gains may not scale proportionally if the participants are not sufficiently compatible. Their test however has greatly exceeded their expectations. Ling stands up and parts the lower half of her robe with her knee. 

“We need more attempts before we can come to a conclusion however, far more.” She adds while wiggling her toes in front of their faces. Balancing on one leg she pinches Shun’s nose between two of her toes and draws the maidservant into her groin while curling her index finger into a ‘come hither’ motion at Qiu. Turning her knee to the side she rests her foot on her maidservant’s upper back spreading one side of her robe just enough to give a tantalizing view of what lies beneath before it is obscured by the back of Shun’s head. Qiu does not need any further encouragement to join in.

Side by side they use their mouths and fingers to tease Li Ling’s opening. At first they get in each other’s way but as their cycles merge they once more find their rhythm. They start by each licking one side of Ling’s labia. Qiu stays near the top and looks up to make eye contact while Shun goes lower and begins to loosen her up with her tongue. Their shared senses let them all experience the thrill Ling feels when she sees the redhead aim pleading eyes her way while demurely working to please her, the glimpses she catches of the brunette focusing entirely on her pleasure causing her to let out a throaty groan. The sole warning they receive is a brief twinge before Ling pivots leaving Qiu as the sole one in front of her and Shun obscured beneath her dress. She feels the maidservant’s breath hitch as she lowers her leg once more, leaving her shrouded in darkness. 

“Need I order you, my dear?” Ling asks rhetorically, knowing her intent will be clear through their current bond. She bites her lip and runs her fingers through Qiu’s hair when she feels two soft hands part her cheeks and lick between them until they reach a tight hole. With Qiu lapping away at her front with enthusiasm and Shun teasing her way into her rear with practiced expertise it does not take long before moans escape from Ling’s mouth and she has to close her eyes to fully focus on the sensations and guiding their qi. Her lips curl into a smile when she feels the girls’ fingers intertwine even as their tongues keep moving. 

Letting the pleasure overtake her entirely she does not even try to rein in her voice and moans louder than either Shun or Qiu have ever heard her moan before. All the while she guides their churning qi back and forth through all three of them, each person it passes through strengthening it and driving it wilder. Her fingers press into Qiu’s scalp and her cheeks clench around Shun’s face when she comes. No longer able to stay on her feet she wobbles and crashes down between them eliciting a snort from the redhead when her robe catches on Shun’s head and makes her look like a ghost. 

When she does not reply nor make any move to remove it they share a concerned glance and lift the robe off to find her deep in concentration. Recognizing her focus for what it is they stay close and watch her with rapt attention. It takes nearly an hour before she opens her eyes once more.

“Congratulations on your breakthrough, Dai Shun.”

“Yeah, congratulations!”

Shun smiles radiantly. “Thank you, Ling. Thank you, Qiu.”

Rising to go freshen up the trio seems hesitant to let go of each other even when it seems inconvenient. They laugh when they realize how silly they’re being even as they all seem to skirt around the topic of having to leave their room eventually. 

“Hey so like, why don’t all sects just match someone weak with someone strong if it increases your cultivation this quickly?” 

“If you ever call Shun weak again I'll slap you.” Ling replies in a tone that makes Qiu gulp. “Your question however is a good one. There are several reasons but the main one is it doesn’t quite work that way. Unless your level of cultivation is fairly close to each other dual cultivation does not benefit the weaker one. The qi would be far too domineering for them to be able to handle and would simply damage them should they try to use it themselves. The sole reason anyone would dual cultivate with someone far weaker than them would be to steal their cultivation and none but demonic cultivators would dare do such a thing.”

Qiu raises a brow at the way Ling’s jaw clenches at the mention of demonic cultivators, deciding to shelve it for later so as to not poke at any possible wounds. She does a double take when after quickly slinging her outfit back on she notices the ice princess is staring at her. 

“Perhaps we should look into getting you an artifact or two, your current outfit is rather bare.”

“Take that back.” Qiu’s expression darkens. Ling blinks at her sudden mood swing. “What?”

“I don’t need such petty aids. Last fight just caught me off guard, I'm still a fethin’ genius you know?”

“Language, Qiu! Besides, there’s no shame in using artifacts. Certainly a firm mastery of the basics is important but it is foolish to disregard tools. Is a swordsman lesser for using a sword instead of fighting bare-handed?”

“No, but-”

“No buts about it, Qiu. Even if yours is fantastic.” “Wha-” “I don’t know how you’ve gotten it into your head that using artifacts is shameful but that thought is incorrect. I use an artifact as well, my dear. Should I be ashamed of myself?”

“Huh, you do?”

“Indeed, this one allows me to manipulate wind to supplement my arts.” She replies while opening her dark blue fan. Qiu’s eyes glitter and she leans in closer. 

“Like Deva Pavana!” “Deva Pavana?” “Yeah, you know, the wind user that traveled alongside Immortal Soulfire?” “I am aware of who he is, Qiu. I’m simply surprised by the way you address him. How much do you know of the Deva?”

“Hmm,” Qiu hums while crossing her arms, “I know they’re amazing given that they managed to raise people of different affinities to immortality but I don’t know much else about their clan. Huh? Why are you laughing, Shun?”

“I meant no insult. Please forgive me, Qiu.” Shun replies while bowing her head to hide her smile. 

“Don’t worry, I know. Just wondering what I said that’s so funny.” Qiu elaborates with a confused expression, scratching her head and looking at Ling for an explanation. Lost in thought as she is it takes Ling a moment to notice her gaze.

“Deva are not a clan, they are a race. Just as cultivators can stray from their paths and demonize, demons from the twelve hells can turn to the righteous path and become Deva. Did you not wonder why Pavana was feared so much more than even the Infernal Blade by Immortal Everreign?”

“What does that have to do with it?”

“Have you never wondered why there aren’t more immortals around today? There certainly appeared to be more prior to the Great Void War did there not?”

“Didn’t they all go into hiding to prepare in case another happened?”

Ling massages her temples and channels a mote of ice qi to calm her temper. 

“They died, Qiu.”

“But like, aren’t they immortal?”

“Oh ancestors I have to start there…” She sighs. “There is indeed nothing of this world that can permanently slay an immortal."

“Then how-”

“If you would stop interrupting me,” Ling snaps. “I could explain. Once one becomes an Immortal they become one with the world and cannot be killed by anything that originates from it. That is why Pavana is so feared, Deva and demons originate from the twelve hells and do not labor under such restrictions. It is for the same reason even enemy sects put aside their differences during a Void breach. They are one of the few things that can threaten even immortals and risk the very end of our world.”

“Wow, even they have stuff they can’t survive huh.”

“Exactly. So know there is no shame in using artifacts. They can be the difference between life and death and may one day help protect you,” 'from me.' She leaves unspoken.

 

-----

 

The class withers under Ling’s glare, more than one of them unable to meet her eye when she glances their way. “I suppose,” she begins, “it was foolish of me to expect anything from any of you.”

She paces back and forth in front of them letting the silence stretch on. “Congratulations to all of you, you have accomplished the bare minimum to remain in my classes and not even the slightest bit more. You should be proud of yourself for hanging on by the skin of your teeth. Nevertheless, let us move on.”

She waits a moment for her words to sink in before she continues. 

“As Po Zhi put so… eloquently. Immortal Ironflame abandoned his feud with the Eternal Dragon Sect to pursue their young mistress instead, eventually resulting in their rise to power. While Disciple Po’s explanation was lackluster at best it is a prime example of the way a fire affinity influences one’s personality. Those with a strong fire affinity tend to be impulsive and passionate. It is often joked that the phoenix is the most prevalent fire-associated ancestral beast solely because it is capable of recovering from the consequences of their impulses. Every affinity has such traits associated with it. Ice is known to have users that are calm, collected and calculating whereas a strong earth affinity makes one stubborn, rigid and inflexible. Disciple Shen’s disappointingly low effort explanation of Immortal Steadfastrock personally traveling through his sect’s territory to rid it of the remainder of the Great Void War’s invaders in hiding instead of more effectively delegating the task is another excellent example of this.”

The way her lips curl up just the slightest bit when she continues does not go unnoticed, sending shivers to the students closest to the young mistress. “I shall assist you all in narrowing down your most likely affinities over the course of these classes. Step forth one by one so we may begin your tests.” 

Oddly enough there are no volunteers to start first after Shun reflexively takes a step back from her mistress and pointedly averts her eyes. 

 

The rest of the pre-tournament preparations will be skipped. If there's demand for it they may be covered in a future side chapter but for now we'll be heading straight to the tournament!

20